TM 2021: A normal roguelike

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1725  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 am

In post 1691, Creature wrote:Damn, we won't be so good if we mislynch today.

elaborate

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1726  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 am

Alright with time running out and Bulge suddenly being at L-1 I finally hunkered down and did the fabled Iso.

He's got a lot of posts that are townleany and a lot that are scumleany but overall I'm pretty fine with this wagon trajectory despite the votes being, uh, well like 80% naked lol.

I'll spoiler or link posts methinks so this isn't an eyesoar.

Spoiler: Gamestart Shit
In post 120, The Bulge wrote:@reck when you play scum and feel like a certain level of ~rage~ would be appropriate, do you find you are more likely to fake the emotion to fit the play, or do you prefer to allow real emotions to dictate your posting for a more natural effect?
I hated this question from the moment I read it. It's a lowball question about meta from the meta hater and I could totally see it coming form scum to scum. Literally hate this.

In post 84, The Bulge wrote:sirius what were you doing Saturday afternoon from ~2:30 to 3:30?
Did I mention that I hated this too? And like, look where he ends up with it:
In post 191, The Bulge wrote:
In post 188, Sirius9121 wrote:
In post 185, The Bulge wrote:
In post 183, Sirius9121 wrote:
In post 84, The Bulge wrote:sirius what were you doing Saturday afternoon from ~2:30 to 3:30?

sleeping probably

why did you change votes between your first two posts?

it's just RVs

why aren't I allowed to change my RVs

I don't have a problem with that, just was curious about the hour gap
This is the most pointless question.
Like if the progression had been "I think changing your vote in RVS is scummy" or anything like that, fine. But what was the literal point to any of this!?!?
It's just busywork and the fact that Bulge actually harped on Sirius to answer was bonkers.

In post 173, The Bulge wrote:
In post 145, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 140, The Bulge wrote:I don't necessarily disagree but they ping me as unwarranted and performative.

I agree regarding Reck, he felt over the top and performative to me, hence my initial vote.

Why do you think my reaction is unwarranted though? A player is telling me they're refusing to read any of my posts due to a picture at the bottom, how would you expect me to react?

Happy Birthday btw

Image

yea, what they said. I meant those lines from datisi feel forced. I can see the "over the top"-ness you're seeing in reck but I don't really agree with that take. I don't have a read on reck at this point.
The original post you wrote made no direction towards Datisi so I don't see how you changed this from "I disagree with the read despite thinking Reck and Hectic are being performative" to "I meant that Datisi's reads felt forced" when it's literally not what you said lol. Also dislike the null on Reck here but meh.

In post 193, The Bulge wrote:wait back up
In post 181, Datisi wrote:
In post 176, The Bulge wrote:for me it's that + calling an interaction tvt completely unsolicited when it isn't even really so much a topic of discussion att. it pinged me like a bad faith clickbait headline, jafeel?

there is a specific reason why this reasoning from you is kinda bothering me right now

i'm p sure i did something similar to that in the last game we played in together so i'm not sure why you're having problems with it here?

similar to what exactly?
I actually quoted this because I liked it and Bulge addressing this head on felt good but as I reread it looks like a way to incite activity without actually doing anything because it's pretty clear Datisi meant the t/t reads here. I don't see how you missed that as someone literally in the conversation.

I kind of disliked the entire section of talking about another game but I'll set that aside.

In post 247, The Bulge wrote:
In post 198, Datisi wrote:eh, i felt it was decently similar enough that i don't see why you'd be suspicious of me here but i don't think we're gonna get anything more out of this

what did you mean when you said it was "bothering" you?
Datisi clearly stopped the convo here so I don't see why you were chasing it. Also asking what they meant by "bothering"? Like that feels extremely obvious to me in its context. This is what I mean by like, forced easy content. Looks good and busy but what did any of it accomplish?


Spoiler: Another spoiler just to break things up tbh
In post 249, The Bulge wrote:I agree re: 0-1 scum in dv/peta
You never circled back to this. When did it change?

Tbh with the push you put on Peta throughout the phase I don't see them being your NK choice but I also think that's not a good reason to give you townpoints as you would have a scumteam that could have made the decision despite you because peta was pretty towny. That's just an Ari ramble but I thought I'd include it.

In post 337, The Bulge wrote:ari's comeback post? not so much

VOTE: Aristophanes
I hated this vote. It didn't address anything. It just, was a vote. No explanation of why the post looked bad to you, just a note that you don't "vibe with it"?? Thanks, I hate it.

In post 516, The Bulge wrote:
In post 402, Creature wrote:
In post 318, Creature wrote:
In post 9, Datisi wrote:woo!

VOTE: sirius

This is probably town

Oh right I did. Just forgot to note it down earlier

lol? I thought of this when i asked you about datisi earlier, I... really didn't think this was meant to be a relevant read of his alignment
I'd have liked to see a lot more prodding on this from town pointing it out. I guess it's fine though.

In post 651, The Bulge wrote:
In post 584, Adorable wrote:Sirius said innocent boy likes peta +town and is that the only town read innocent has? I have 6 players I am town reading and petapan is one of those players I'm still trying to figure out their alignment.

someone on the outside looking into this game is probably not making a huge deal about reading thoroughly/keeping their thoughts in order.
I hate this blatant disregard of team input. Huge scumpoints for the discredit here.

In post 518, The Bulge wrote:
In post 450, xRECKONERx wrote:can you reconcile these two posts? In one, you say you've been paranoid of people defending you bc they might be scum. In the other, you say someone defended you so they must be town for defending you because scum would push you.

this is a contradiction. again.

she said her teammates advised her to be wary of being pocketed and that she disagreed. not a contradiction.
Following it up by acknowledging the team's points was also really weird. I just don't like the juxtaposition of these two posts at all.


I should really be making each of these its own post but we're fucking committed at this point so whatever XD

Spoiler: Iunno where to split this but it's the Datisi reveal
In post 654, petapan wrote:
In post 650, The Bulge wrote:in like an ari-meta way, or like, are you implying only town can type out their thoughts as they come?

it felt stream of consciousness-y in a believable way

In post 650, The Bulge wrote:lmao my guy I mentioned it once. I had to bounce and didn't want to drop a naked vote on someone I have more than a gutread on. you asked about, reck asked about, deas has mentioned it, datisi has mentioned it.

also how much time do you think I need to come up with one fake scumread hahaha. I've been scum more than a handful of times, I know what I'm doing. I haven't even given a name yet, you think scum!me can't find a single shred of justification for literally any townie in the game? that....kinda hurts lol

also you are familiar enough with my play even just from Antechamber alone to know that procrastination is NAI for me. in fact I seriously don't think town!you could throw out some "people tend to procrastinate more as scum" bullshit with a straight face regardless of who you were applying that to. it's just so weak. you were coming up with far better shit to shade me for in Antechamber and we were both town.

yea this post sucks, dude.

i mean, like, i've missed before so i'm hesitant and am generally feeling dispassionate but AtEing me over some past game isn't gonna make me stop doing shit and in fact just makes me want to push harder. i think you've been sideline-y in a scummy way and dont understand the hesitance to name a simple gutread
In post 655, The Bulge wrote:I am working on a case as we speak. as I specifically stated, it is more than a gutread, hence why no, I will not be throwing it away on a whim simply for your satisfaction. the fact that you are trying to rush information out of me when I have already made it abundantly clear that I want to spend time on it, and then calling ME scummy for refusing to cater to some scumfuck's demands? please.
This reaction was waaaaaaaay over the top.

In post 661, The Bulge wrote:drumroll please

I already talked about why initially pinged me with a few earlier posts. Datisi's defense was a weird awkward self-meta attempt that only made me feel stronger about my pings.
In post 181, Datisi wrote:
In post 176, The Bulge wrote:for me it's that + calling an interaction tvt completely unsolicited when it isn't even really so much a topic of discussion att. it pinged me like a bad faith clickbait headline, jafeel?

there is a specific reason why this reasoning from you is kinda bothering me right now

i'm p sure i did something similar to that in the last game we played in together so i'm not sure why you're having problems with it here?
In post 187, Datisi wrote:
In post 182, The Bulge wrote:well now you're assuming I would remember something like that and that I would care if I did

i thought you'd remember how i started a flashwagon on your scumbuddy

/shrug idunno i thought it would be relevant to bring up if you're thinking i'm scum for something that's nai for me at worst but ok iguess
In post 251, Datisi wrote:
In post 247, The Bulge wrote:
In post 198, Datisi wrote:eh, i felt it was decently similar enough that i don't see why you'd be suspicious of me here but i don't think we're gonna get anything more out of this

what did you mean when you said it was "bothering" you?

it's like, you're in my townleans atm, but in my mind you disliking those posts is a point against town!you. it's not a particularly strong point, but it's There, like a tiny pebble in my shoe.

the way he tries to turn it around on me by threatening his townlean on me is hilarious. and I despise how he calls off our discussion because we're not "gonna get anything more out of this", and then immediately proceeds to shade me? and like, if i am slipping out of your townleans, that's when you want to cut me loose of the convo? what scumhunting strategy is that? and now since then, he has done a full 180 on me, which like, on its own sure, other shit has happened since then, but it's still incredibly scummy to me.


then there's this weird nervous jokey self-awareness I have been noticing more the further we get into the game. note the increasing frequency (imagine this as a line graph! game time on x, datisi's fake-sounding overly-self-aware posts on y, would be interesting to compare to how much people are throwing his name around in thread maybe)

In post 451, Datisi wrote:ok wow this the only thing i'm talking about in this post is myself uhhh
In post 535, Datisi wrote:ok i need to actually post something ok let's see.

ok i understand beeboy is doing the scum!beeboy thing but sources tell me that sometimes, just Sometimes beeboy does not play as town in a similar manner to this. (and a lightning quick meta search confirmed this.) so i'd like to ask the good people to not yet yeet. also you are free to now start discussing whether this post makes me a more or less likely partner for beeboy, i'm looking forward to it.

[snip]
jesus this post is saying nothing of value
my teammates are gonna be disappointed
In post 558, Datisi wrote: - no i'm not trying to make a meta argument on why i'm XYZ alignment here, please lower the shotgun reck, i'm just illustrating that i'm usually not stingy with my votes)
In post 559, Datisi wrote:yes i'm aware i'm potentially being unfair going from memory as opposed to like, actually opening iso's and rereading them to see, but i'm gonna be arrogant enough to say that if i don't remember anything worthwhile from the slot, maybe the slot hasn't done anything worthwhile.
In post 618, Datisi wrote:
insert: complaint how right now there is more than one person who is policy-able and that is sapping my will to even try. does that kinda complaint make me +town or +scum? anyway.
[snip]
also i'm an anxious person in general. up to the reader to determine if it's town or scum anxiety, i guess.
In post 620, Datisi wrote:VOTE: bulge
now if i'm the bulge's vanity vote, i can call bulge scum for omgusing, oh my god i'm a genuis.


that last one also suggests to me that Datisi suspects he was my ~secret read~, and is nervous about what I might say, and unwilling to engage me directly on it.
Ah, the long anticipated case on Datisi! Wonderful!

It comes in 2 parts. Part 1 is really weak and I think it misrepresents Datisi's interactions here. He isn't threatening the townlean on you, but presenting a reason the read is troubled. That's reasonable play and I don't see why you'd hate it.
Part 2 is well, bland. I like the jokey self-awareness and I don't see it as AI. I also see no reason you in that post for you to see it as AI. Like you're not presenting it as scummy despite this being a scum case, and that weak push without horns pings me here. Also you pre-shade Datisi's response to the case by saying his preemptive vote for you is a way to get out of responding to you directly?? Wtf is that?

In post 677, The Bulge wrote:
In post 668, petapan wrote:really took you that long to put that shit together?

????????

yes peta, for 30 hours I toiled over my case. I didnt sleep last night, or go to work today or yesterday, nor did I just spend the time right when I got home responding to other parts of the game.

this is the shit I was talking about. you don't believe this push because you know that is not how the game works.
petapan was calling your case weak and thrown together, not actually saying they thought it took you 30 hours. Your response as if it is the latter is bad and I don't like the over the top reply to him.

In post 963, The Bulge wrote:I'm not gonna go through all the effort of fully catching up or rejigging my reads if there is an impending flip. but i agree with hectic/datisi here about the claim. granted i was extremely wrong about not believing the Day 4 IC claim in a recent mini normal so I am feeling very paranoid about taking that stance but eh I don't like it.
A built in safety net to the post. Nice!

In post 964, The Bulge wrote:also @peta/datisi, ive seen your most recent responses to me. looking over my iso this game there's a lot I don't feel good about anymore but idk
Ooo and a pre-backpedal to your earlier posts. And (I believe via what I assume to be a day split but am not checking) a way to change your petapan pushes without taking any accountability once they flip. Wonderful!


Spoiler: Mandela effect? And I think we're on D2 now but Isos are a funny thing.
In post 1090, The Bulge wrote:I started reading from the top yesterdsy and taking notes (!) which I've never really done before. I don't think Datisi is plausibly scum anymore, but I did think I had found something re:peta!scum that turns out was nothing at all. I'll check in again once I get more reading done.
In post 1142, The Bulge wrote:okokok taking notes is actually proving very fruitful

idk what im gonna do with it all (ie presentation-wise) once im done and im only thru the first 20 pages but my reads are coming together nicely and my head is feeling clear, and I'm done with making "catching up brb" posts for the time being.

any questions for now, datisi and hectic?

Okay Imma be honest, I like that they took notes. Though with this event that could be a team effort and I'm not really sure that it's towny because of that. But I like it anyway.

In post 1173, The Bulge wrote:uh last time I mentioned that I was gonna Do a Thing everyone blew it out of proportion and somehow really Mandela Effect-ed how much I hyped it up (I mentioned it once as a little note-to-self without ever intending to set any expectations) so I just want to be super super clear right now that 1. that was some unfair bullshit and 2. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my notes once I've caught up. maybe there'll be a readslist, maybe a neatly formatted wall, maybe straight copy+pasted scratch from my .txt file. maybe I'll jump right back into real-time shit without a hassle. who knows! don't box me in! the world is my oyster!


that being said, Datisi, lets call it "later today probably", although I seriously doubt the whole game is waiting on just me right now.
That said, I haaaaaaaate this post! It's some revisionist history shit!

The original post in question:
In post 522, The Bulge wrote:I have a big vanity vote I wanna throw down but it might require some work and I have to get ready now. hang tight

Was this really Mandela Effected!? You told us it was going to be big. You told us to hang tight. You told us it would take work. This is all like BIG HYPE stuff! I got really excited about the idea when I read this little post! So 1. the expectations were not unfair. Your framing of it as our problem feels like a way to blame us for the flop of a case that ended up being when it was posted. That's probably a mean way of me to say it but I can't think of another way to and this has been a lot of words all at once so I apologize for that.

Post I'm not linking because nestled spoilers either break the spoilers or break the site so Imma stay away.
I like that you followed through. That's huge! I appreciate it so much and think it's a thing you should do in your future games!
I'm not a fan of the commentary or the conclusions, but it's too much to get into directly at this point. The reactions feel like a surface engagement with the posts and sometimes are merely descriptions thereof. It's good effort and I love the colours and honestly the effort in this post is my best reason to townread you right now. Also blue was a nice choice for me :)


Spoiler: closing statements and some fun
In post 1328, The Bulge wrote:I saw it. I like it. I was waiting for dv to respond to it some more
Image
ftfy :P
(Yes, that's the only reason I quoted this post iirc)

In post 1439, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1402, Datisi wrote:also i find it funny that the above post said the word "reread" 3 times

I also find it funny considering it has been 3 weeks since ari last talked about his read of me, and since then he has only given his word several times to isodive me. did that ever happen, ari?

why are you clinging to an ancient scumlean you never really even substantiated in the first place instead of just saying you have nothing and need to reset? how caught up are you, and when did that reading happen?
The Isodive finally happened. Asking me if it happened when it clearly hadn't was meh. Very rhetorical. Do you know the history behind Rhetorical argumentation and questioning? It's not flattering.

In post 1447, The Bulge wrote:hmmmmm reactions to my readslist/notespost make me nervous I'll be the nk target.
Thisis an attempt to townspew and I hate it lol

In post 1713, The Bulge wrote:lmao what the fuck

all the votes are bad except hectic's which is just wrong. I've got some time slotted for this tonight, hope some of you will be around.
I kinda wish you'd have come back. Alas.
I think the wagon sucks because it's basically naked votes but I am also not against it at all. I suppose this is intent, but I should do that in a different post entirely and would rather wait for you to at least get a chance to read all of this before we think about doing anything here so I guess it's not really intent lol



Oooooo! I got ninja'd by Bulge!
Honestly, I am probably going to bed so I may not be able to engage actively tn but I hope this incites some interactive thought.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle
Now not only are you proficient in stupid
you're proficient in stupid in two languages
CONGRATULATIONS - Silverclaw
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1727  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:30 am

ok I was gonna quickly reply to a few things I saw at the start but the more I read you're uh misrepping me in almost every single quote there, at least in the first two spoilers I've read so far. I have to run for now, but I'm definitely tackling this later.

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1728  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:34 am

In post 1727, The Bulge wrote:ok I was gonna quickly reply to a few things I saw at the start but the more I read you're uh misrepping me in almost every single quote there, at least in the first two spoilers I've read so far. I have to run for now, but I'm definitely tackling this later.
Coolio, sorry if it's misrepresenting you but this was how I saw the interactions from a mostly Isolated place.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle
Now not only are you proficient in stupid
you're proficient in stupid in two languages
CONGRATULATIONS - Silverclaw
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Hiding from Actual Cannibal Shia Lebeouf
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1729  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:40 am

In post 1720, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1564, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1499, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1494, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: aristophanes

skimmed for sirius in his iso after he said he was down to kill sirius which like, hypocrite here, but i just don't like ari saying it. LMAO. feels like sirius has always sort of been on the table for him which is... it feels like he's been building up to be able to vote this when it's the easiest thing that someone could do this game, wagon-wise.
What a weak as fuck vote.
I have sirius on the table because they're literally a nothing slot that doesn't look like it's going to change and I'd rather just nuke it now than have to deal with this in an ELo situation.

Also, "Ari's kinda always said they'd vote Sirius so I don't like them saying they'll do it if it is an option" is fucking dumb.

Sure, it would be easy. Maybe that's part of the appeal for a slot with as much engagement in the game as I have. Maybe I also want to nuke a slot that could totally be scumbut nodoby would ever know because they're purposefully useless?

This is dumb.

Ari this post seems very different from your other posts

I had this exact thought
Okay...so what does that mean to you? Or is this just "lol same fam plzdontkillme"??

In post 1583, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1580, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1576, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1575, xRECKONERx wrote:ari you have posted a LOT in 24 hours but almost none of it is reads or gamesolving or progression hm


what do you think about the things he has posted then?

...that none of it reads as gamesolving or progression

are you like, reading the fucking post you're quoting


“almost none of it”

yes i am reading your post

this interaction in particular moves reck up on my list a couple spots and brings ydrasse down a few. individually their recent posting has me leaning this way as well.
I thought the opposite when reading it. Ydrasse is pushinfg for the details Reck is omitting. Why is that scummy?

In post 1638, Datisi wrote:the only "towny" thing i recall from ydrasse in this entire game is her throwing a fit at eod1. that's it. do i think she's scummy? eh, not quite. but not sure anyone in this game fits "scummy" right now. i don't mind voting her. i do think her townread or whatever on me is like... not good.

this made me realize I have the same read of ydrasse.
So an ease compromise slot you don't have to mean. Cool.

In post 1647, Ydrasse wrote:can i not be scums eod push again lol

datisi called this as well, but this looks almost like a slip to me. I'm not talking tmi, I mean like how scum under pressure might be prone to throwing shade wherever it might stick, and ydrasse momentarily forgot what she was implying with peta already being flipped. I'm not satsified with the followup to this either.
This just reads as frustration to me. I mean, your point is possible but it seems unlikely.

In post 1664, Augustus Caesar wrote:Regarding Ydrasse:

read her town ISO here
and then compare that ISO to any of her scumgames

the reason I don't hold as much water in this reason is that it's actually the reason I used to townlock her in that very linked game, which means she's very aware of it.

But even still, excessive shitposting/flavour is town-indicatve OR NAI for Ydrasse, but not scum-indicative

pulling a page from reck's book here

I don't blanket-hate on meta to the extent he does, but meta townreads like this are indeed trash. I've said before, the more you talk about someone's meta, the less reliable a meta read becomes. the more meta-driven players there are in any given playerlist, the less reliable meta becomes. ESPECIALLY for townreads. especially for a slot that has been blatantly buddying you all game. are you not at all concerned you're being pocketed?
"Town meta is trash guys"

The Bulge wrote:
In post 1654, Augustus Caesar wrote:VOTE: The Bulge

my case is

the reaction to peta's prodding feels over the top and like The Bulge is trying to appear strong/looking for a fight

the case on Datisi also feels over the top for the reasons given - "incredibly scummy to me"

My one read that resembles a scumread is a toneread. these are dark days

here is a snapshot of peta's deathtunnel on me in Smoke Filled Antechamber. we were both town.

In post 3267, petapan wrote:
In post 3262, The Bulge wrote:
In post 3121, petapan wrote:
In post 3027, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2989, SirCakez wrote:Well for starters I'd argue that both only becoming active when all of the conftown came out is scum indicative in itself
Both have been essentially attacking and trying to discredit the other people in the not-conftown pool who suspect them when it should be pretty obvious to both of them why they are suspected
uh, why is that first thing scum indicative? all the conftown coming out narrowed the pool significantly, making it easier to get a footing in this game. if anything, i would say disappearing when all the conftown appear is scummier, since you would imagine scum could get discouraged when that happens.

what

no that's like the exact opposite of reality and should be especially clear from your POV

look at it this way: we are in a reality where, unless you or bell are scum, virtually the entire groupscum faction went largely under the radar on day 1 and faced no serious pressure. sure, the traitor died, but up until now, whoever it is has done a very good job of keeping out of the spotlight. they have been successfully flying under the radar. suddenly half the game is claiming masons and the pool of potential votes just got very, very narrow. whoever it is can no longer afford to simply hide away, they have to suddenly appear the most town, they have to show WIM and effort, a sudden burst is likely to get viewed favorably.

why didn't you just fucking vote me in this post lmao

blow me fuckboy


you can feel free to joint iso us, if you scroll back earlier you get the real meat of our debate when it's a little more civilized. this might be actually a useful or pertinent read for you if that's your thing. my point is there is a precedent for the tone I took against peta.

over the top? I had two points lol. but I already renounced that post and the read along with it, so have at it I guess.
"btw here's some on my town meta guys!"
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;) - Jingle
Now not only are you proficient in stupid
you're proficient in stupid in two languages
CONGRATULATIONS - Silverclaw
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1730  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:56 am

ok ok ok so i lied yesterday. i said that that quoted post was the only time bulge mentioned rce slot but that is false. (i had just ctrl+f'ed "beeboy" and "rce" in bulge's iso, and that was the only thing that showed up.) i was scrolling through my notes this morning, and i saw a note on this post:

In post 963, The Bulge wrote:I'm not gonna go through all the effort of fully catching up or rejigging my reads if there is an impending flip. but i agree with hectic/datisi here about the claim. granted i was extremely wrong about not believing the Day 4 IC claim in a recent mini normal so I am feeling very paranoid about taking that stance but eh I don't like it.


before this post, bulge hadn't posted for ~2 days, which like fine, whatever. but the context around this post is bothering me.

this was at the time where rce had already claimed, and we were discussing what the fuck to do. both hectic and myself were saying how rce's claim is bullshit. (well, moreso hectic than me but you know), so this post is obviously in support of that.

but here's the thing, this post was made at the time the wagon started swinging onto ydrasse - she had 3 votes on her at this time (reck voted her less than 10 mnutes before this post). bulge didn't have a professed read on ydrasse at this time either, so i'm gonna assume she was ~null.

so my question is: if bulge though rce's claim was scum, it was close to end of day, and the wagon was in the middle of shifting to a person he doesn't scumead, why doesn't he vote the person whose claim he apparently thinks is scum and help the momentum swing back? why does he keep sitting on peta, who he's not even sure is scummy anymore?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1731  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:38 am

Hi, Bulge. I can't respond or get to your replies right niw at work, but the summary is that they don't really sway me one way or another

Could you claim now please so we have time to move if required?

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1732  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 am

In post 1720, The Bulge wrote:pulling a page from reck's book here

I don't blanket-hate on meta to the extent he does, but meta townreads like this are indeed trash. I've said before, the more you talk about someone's meta, the less reliable a meta read becomes. the more meta-driven players there are in any given playerlist, the less reliable meta becomes. ESPECIALLY for townreads. especially for a slot that has been blatantly buddying you all game. are you not at all concerned you're being pocketed?

This anger-tell isn't something I've used to townread Ydrasse before this game. I agree that meta-tells become less useful after the first time you use them/bring them up.

My townread on her isn't due to any buddying, dw. I was unsure about her before yesterday.

Though, I don't understand why you're arguing this point so vehemently while having her as your 5th highest townread in your readlist

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1733  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am

In post 1721, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1640, Augustus Caesar wrote:Deas states RCE is looking a lot like scum straight after RCE posts for the first time. No one else has reacted to RCE's initial posting and Deas is the first to do so. Scum!him has no way of knowing how people will react to it, unless he didn't have any part in helping RCE in the PT, and just let him post a fairly weak catchup. I think scum!Deas doesn't just put forth this RCE-catchup-bad narrative right from the getgo, but would at least allow others to react to it first. Like, this was RCE's first posts, it's close to a clean slate on a lurker-slot rep-in, Deas doesn't need to do this to his partner as scum.

did you consider the angle of the cutthroat scumpartner ridding himself of a liability? my first impression was that scum would never treat a partner slot like that, especially with such force and aggressive timing. but that got me worrying it was for cred. this hypothetical reminds me of a marathon I played where everyone was separated into neighbourhoods who had 50/50 control over a vigshot. petapan was my hoodpartner and when n1 started, he immediately suggested we shoot pooky. I agreed, and he flipped scum. peta and I townread each other so outwardly that nobody could touch us. I was calling him conftown from hood interactions, who could disprove me? I believed it until literally his last post when he pulled a fake "not hammering in lylo so not scum" bit before engaming me. turns out his partner pooky had no idea what was coming. now I know that's a marathon, and this is team mafia, but the situations are more similar than they seem. would peta have shot his partner that early with no warning if it were a serious game of mafia, not to mention team mafia? probably not, because that would objectively be a dick move and a waste of your partner's time. but how much time did RCE sink into this game? would dv feel any remorse for cutting the cord the second he smells an inevitable sinking ship? the beeboy slot had already been a big pain in the ass for the scumteam all game. especially if dv was feeling at all paranoid about the replacement, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for that to have been a slightly trigger-happy but extremely high-reward bus.

Ftr, I agree with what you're saying here, but idk if it's town-indicative for your alignment in this game, since it seems you believe this on a theory level regardless of your alignment, and it's based on your beliefs outside of this game

I was in that game btw lol

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1734  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am

I should mention that Hopkirk thinks that post (1721) feels weird though

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1735  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:51 am

- fair, the context makes your reaction look less unreasonable

- Hopkirk thinks this combined with (?) reads as scum being annoyed they weren't around to get towncred for it, like a "you'd be townreading me for it if I was around and did what I wanted" kind of thing. Personally, I don't know.

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1736  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:55 am

In post 1724, The Bulge wrote:I cannot begin to describe to you how much I despise reads like your yellow one. "something that should be ____ in _____'s head..." is awful and very frustrating to be on the receiving end of.

this I don't like

You've ignored the point I'm making there to talk about the way I've worded it. The important thing is that you have a good reason to townread Deas; you say you "really liked" the way he pressured Creature, but then used a hang up which is dependent on both remaining scum being exactly Deas and Creature to negate it - this is extremely unlikely and not something that should prevent you from using a good reason to townread someone. That's why it feels fake to me

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1737  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:56 am

In post 1724, The Bulge wrote:ridiculing is perhaps too strong a word, but my first impression was like "huh you really think the dueling wagons yesterday were SvS? seriously?", which obviously is not what it says, but was how I interpreted it in passing. yea ridicule kinda implies that he was shutting it down entirely which was never my impression

fair, semantics thing, not AI probably

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1738  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am

I'm a combined doctor/psychologist. Datisi has no ability to kill, or killed peta. hop the fuck off of this trash push and kill ari or creature

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1739  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 am

love getting nightkilled before being useful

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1740  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 am

UNVOTE:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1741  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:00 am

here are my crumbs
In post 12, The Bulge wrote:
In post 8, Isis wrote:
  • xofelf (0)
  • DeasVail (0)
  • The Bulge (0)
  • Adorable (0)
  • petapan (0)

I feel disrespected! I'm hurt!

"feel" (psych) + "hurt" (doc), and I included two degrees (2 PhDs) of separation when I quoted the vc
In post 603, The Bulge wrote:anyway I nearly froze my ass off at work today. feeling both mentally and physically exhausted so we'll see if I get around to doing as much as I had hoped tonight.

here it is again. "nearly froze" (2 degrees Celsius), "both mentally and physically" etc

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1742  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:01 am

I didnt flip my read on datisi because of results btw

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1743  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:02 am

In post 1738, The Bulge wrote:hop the fuck off of this trash push

Hopkirk is very offended by this hate speech

UNVOTE: The Bulge

hop also wants to clarify he hasn't read up and intends to this weekend

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1744  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:03 am

In post 10, petapan wrote:Image

VOTE: sirius

I thought peta faked a crumb here because of the scum informed goon. I have a theory this may have factored into why he was killed first, if scum thought this was the psych/doc crumb

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1745  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:03 am

oh, interesting

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #1746  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:04 am

I'm still gonna respond to shit after work

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1747  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:04 am

I uh, believe the claim. I'm kind of a sucker for early crumbs like that

Datisi
Drawn from Memory
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1748  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:06 am

i don't put too much stock into crumbs in this game because i imagine the scumteam figured out fakeclaims before gamestart but this feels like an unvote first think later claim.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Augustus Caesar
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1749  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 am

Any other docs should CC this I think, don't think there'd be two in a 13p setup

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Team Mafia 2021