Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Creature »

I think we should use yesterday's chaotic EOD to find scum. There's plenty of reactions to take a look at.
Sigh
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Augustus Caesar »

No? Why would that help? Oh, I guess making a save doesn't actually help if it's only one and puts us on evens

Who would you suggest protecting?

Also, my floating theory for why Datisi is dead and The Bulge isn't, is because scum rolecopped Datisi night 1, and so killed him night 2 over the doc claim. The fact everyone believed The Bulge's claim lends to this, since normally it'd be far more optimal to just kill the claimed doc everyone trusts rather try and snipe for another PR. I think it's far more likely they
knew
was a mason from a night 1 check.

Your strong townread on Datisi fits that narrative of scum being fine with townreading the mason and leaving them be because they know they're gonna kill them the next night.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2177, Augustus Caesar wrote:Oh, I guess making a save doesn't actually help if it's only one and puts us on evens
It preserves town though
Sigh
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

DATISI I’M SORRY
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think we should...

I started this post and then got distracted and I don’t actually know what I was going to say.

Damn!

Anyway I’m planning on reconsidering a few reads because there’s at least someone (maybe two people) I’ve been wrong on.

This will include Ari.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 am

Post by xofelf »

Nooooo, not Datisi :( I didn't expect that at all.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:47 am

Finally ordering my reads into a workable headspace. Starting with 4 strongest townreads.

Spoiler: WIP ordered reads
Ydrasse -

POSTIVES:

I'm extremely confident Ydrasse is town for tone and emotion.
Firstly, for her end of day 1 reaction to being counterwagoned to scum.
Secondly, for her emotional reaction to Datisi pushing her. More in .

Puff -

POSITIVES:

Initially, I thought her town since her entrance was very LHFey, and I'd expect some level of coaching from teammates.
This was a towny post in perspective that I see unlikely as coming from scum!Puff.
Overall, her play is antagonistic and draws a lot of attention, I think it unlikely she's the type of player who comes out swinging like this for Team Mafia.

The Bulge -

POSITIVES:

The crumbs for his claim, and his suspicion on peta for the psyched post.
The Bulge's play since then has just looked a lot more towny, the arguments make sense.
His annoyance at me for outing him in posts like this, and others.
His highly emotional entrance start of today.

NEGATIVES:

I have one major hangup with The Bulge, and it's him expressing fear of being nightkilled. I think it's far more likely he makes that post as scum, since it has the benefits of making him look like a PR and he doesn't have the concern of not being nightkilled. Being a PR however, it's somewhat careless and I'd expect more caution.

Xofelf -

POSITIVES:

Initially thought her posting felt organic and natural, I think she believes what she's digging at.
I think it's very unlikely xofelf interacts with RCE in the way a scum partner would, and similarly the way RCE interacted with xofelf.
I like the way she scumreads Ydrasse based on what she knows from playing LSGs. She's taking her skillset from playing social games like survivor, and trying to apply that to Ydrasse to solve her. I like it.

NEGATIVES:

I don't like the way she responsed to me about my towncase on Ydrasse here, and here. It felt stubborn yet sympathetic and the contrast felt off.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:49 am

Post by xofelf »

They, Hectic. It's they.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 am

sorry sorry sorry

I'll remember next time
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 am

Post by DeasVail »

Stubborn yet sympathetic is not something I would be concerned by imo
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:51 am

I got the vibe the sympathy was being overplayed, like they were trying to disagree with my read while not trying to step on my toes. It's a minor hang-up though.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by xofelf »

You'd better >:( (They say with much affection.)

Idk man, just Ydrasse is like a pebble in my shoe, sometimes I don't notice and it's fine, but when i do it annoys the shit out of me.

Also the chaos of EOD I feel very =/ about. I get we didn't exactly lose anything with Sirius as he wasn't contributing all that much, but that also means we didn't sort anything with that vote and then we lost an actual contributing slot. And it sure felt like trying to get as many claims out in one shot as possible, and I hate that shit.
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:12 am

It's a really towny pebble though, like one of those designed to massage your soles ya know

I realised I was part of the problem there and that we were in danger of getting too many claims out. Glad we didn't go any further on Puff...
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 am

Post by xofelf »

I just don't like things touching my feet hectic. :(

But I'm not going to press on it for now, we have a lot of mess to sort through I think.
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 am

You don't wear shoes? that's kinda weird

and yeah, got a lot of gold to dig through in that garbage yesterday
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:26 am

Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Adorable »

Day 2 was a deadline scramble I think that's the word they call it.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2187, xofelf wrote:And it sure felt like trying to get as many claims out in one shot as possible, and I hate that shit.
I felt this very hard and tbh I felt like it was Hectic driving a lot of the chaos.

Jingle put me on to a possible deepwolf there and iirc both Bulge and Sirius mentioned it in passing too.
I may make a case for that finally this phase now that I'm saying something about it because I've felt unease on the slot for a while now but have been letting it ruminate for fear I was totally offbase.
Adorable wrote:Day 2 was a deadline scramble I think that's the word they call it.
It was. Did you glean any reads from it?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Aristophanes »

(I know there's more posts I'll get to it)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2187, xofelf wrote:And it sure felt like trying to get as many claims out in one shot as possible, and I hate that shit.
Yeah the end of yesterday is something I need to revisit bc in the moment I don't think I was able to fully process everything
green shirt thursdays
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 2193, Aristophanes wrote:
I felt this very hard and tbh I felt like it was Hectic driving a lot of the chaos.

Jingle put me on to a possible deepwolf there and iirc both Bulge and Sirius mentioned it in passing too.
I may make a case for that finally this phase now that I'm saying something about it because I've felt unease on the slot for a while now but have been letting it ruminate for fear I was totally offbase.
Adorable wrote:Day 2 was a deadline scramble I think that's the word they call it.
Players no matter what alignment they are always want an elimination. I wasn't able to glean any reads out of this.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2167, Adorable wrote:
In post 2166, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2165, Adorable wrote:Creature had some weird interactions around beeboy. I also had a feeling scum said in the thread they town read petapan on day 1 and Creature was one of the players who town read petapan on day 1.

VOTE: Creature
Why do you think scum said peta was town
petapan is a really good scum player and he is the kind of player town needs to be cautious on. I was wary of petapan on day 1 worried he would be a deepwolf in the end since I did not have him on my town read and since petapan got killed on day 1 then this made me think he got town read by a scum player.
I'm not sure this answers it for me, why specifically do you think scum called peta town at the start
green shirt thursdays
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:10 am

In post 2193, Aristophanes wrote:

I was being impulsive EoD yesterday. My scumgame's actually a lot more structured and safe fyi, I probably can't fake the level of progression or randomness I exhibited yesterday

But yeah, I'm gonna hone that chaos in today, which is a large part of why I'm making an ordered reads list with reasons I believe in to track so I can internalize my reads and not flip-flop on a slot I previously thought was strongly town, like I almost did on Puff yesterday
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:32 am

And ftr, I don't think the chaos was a bad thing. Deas/Puff/Ari/Sirius/Ydrasse were all candidates in the last couple of irl days, but at the end we only got Sirius to claim and launched him (I know Deas had already claimed previously). So, otherwise, no harm was done other than info gained to scour over.

I
nearly
pushed Puff enough which likely would've lead to a claim, but there's a reason I made this post when I realised I was being terribly impulsive and we should just make the safe launch over outting more roles:
In post 2036, Augustus Caesar wrote:you know what

YOU KNOW WHAT

VOTE: Sirius

the meta that points to him being town is from too long ago to put massive stock into, and he's never gonna make any content to reasonably convince anyone he's town. him having fun is the only reason to townread him, and that read will basically never change because he provides close to no content. ergo, he shouldn't be allowed near lylo because we'll have far more tangible reasons to townread others, while we'll always be kinda unsure about him

also, I wanted to hold off on saying this but in case I don't come back: Akarin giving Puff a whole spiel of thoughts because Puff struggling but Puff not sharing that is really towny. if Puff can post this and it's relatively long and not in toooo long from now, it proves Akarin was actually helping Puff with the game in chat, and Puff wasn't using that as team reads to provide to the thread, meaning they existed beforehand and Puff only thought to show them because she wants her teammate's reads to be valued before she gets mislaunched. unless they've been planning this as a SECRET WEAPON in the event Puff is on the ropes, but that's kinda big brain if it's the case. does this make sense? i'm in a very tired state.

so Puff, the sooner you can post these, the better it looks for you, since it proves you and Akarin aren't just making them up now on the spot, but that they existed beforehand

also I read back on earlier reasons I had to townread Puff and I realised I should stop being so impulsive and actually remember the reasons I had to strongly townread players I wa sstrongly townreading
Alright, I kind of have a headache which might be from playing too much mafia recently, so I'm gonna take a break and be back tomorrow when I'm better rested. Finish up that readslist hopefully.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”