Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4547, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What does Jingle think specifically about Pine being the only ungated role in the setup?
And whether there are any implications of this.
And why Jingle hasn't acknowledged this as a weakness of the claim himself

JJH doesn't really see Jingle coming up with that bad point about the strongman referencing roleblocking when that's what the normal strongman role PM looks like.
It's phrased exactly the same way in the previous untrod tripod vs anime game. That's literally just how strongman role PMs look; it doesn't imply anything about the setup.
and Pine should know that and Jingle definitely knows that.
How many times do I have to tell you to shut the actual fuck up?

Asked and answered. Repeatedly.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Pine, telling me to shut the fuck up here is absolutely uncalled for and you can do better than that as a person and as a forum moderator. I am asking that you answer those questions because I do not believe you have answered them, and shutting down discussion in one of the rudest ways possible is just not on. Please answer the questions and do not tell mee to shut the fuck up again. If you feel you have answered the questions, then please quote where you have answered them and I will explain why those answers are not satisfactory, because I have read all your posts and those questions are not answered.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

JJ is pretty much coaching me through this part of the conversation because of how it makes me feel when you tell me to shut the fuck up.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

As I highlighted during Day 2, this is a part of my ruleset:
In post 1, PenguinPower wrote:Be respectful of other players; do not insult them. Attack the argument, not the person.
I've noted quite a bit of hostility and this that toe the line of this rule, if not cross it completely. This is a final warning and action will be taken against players in the game who cross over this line following this post.

Please make sure that we are creating an environment where all players can have fun while playing to win.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 3.10

Pine(3)
~ (282), (79), (84)

thestatusquo(2)
~ (96), (111)
Ramcius(1)
~ (95)
NorwegianboyEE(1)
~ (362)

Not Voting (1): (274)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-24 12:25:00)

Mod Notes
  • See the post above.
<(") | (")>
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4551, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Pine, telling me to shut the fuck up here is absolutely uncalled for and you can do better than that as a person and as a forum moderator. I am asking that you answer those questions because I do not believe you have answered them, and shutting down discussion in one of the rudest ways possible is just not on. Please answer the questions and do not tell mee to shut the fuck up again. If you feel you have answered the questions, then please quote where you have answered them and I will explain why those answers are not satisfactory, because I have read all your posts and those questions are not answered.
Of course they're already answered. Your whole thing this game has been asking innocuous nonsense questions and then ignoring the answers when they don't align precisely with the narrow intent of your question.

I apologize for the incivility, but the tactics you're choosing to use this game are really tilting me.
In post 4547, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What does Jingle think specifically about Pine being the only ungated role in the setup?
Asked and answered. The entire premise of an ungated Jailkeeper as Town's primary protective role is exactly fine.
Asked and answered, I think? We've been talking about the implications for a week now, so if you want something specific, ask it instead of waving your hands around with some vague "AHA" like this.
Because he can't post in this game. What are you even doing with this?
JJH doesn't really see Jingle coming up with that bad point about the strongman referencing roleblocking when that's what the normal strongman role PM looks like.
No, he didn't, I did.
It's phrased exactly the same way in the previous untrod tripod vs anime game. That's literally just how strongman role PMs look; it doesn't imply anything about the setup.
Absolute bullshit. Strongman roles are usually CALLED Strongman roles, and they are described like this.

I'm going to quote a line from that MafiaWiki article you didn't read before trying this attack:

Use and Power

Usually, One-Shot Strongman kills are put into the game to balance a potentially broken combination in the game. It is important not to waste the Strongman kill before something like Follow the Cop starts to take place.

EVEN THE STRATEGY SECTION OF MAFIAWIKI SUGGESTS MY/JINGLE'S POSITION IS CORRECT.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4550, Pine wrote:

How many times do I have to tell you to shut the actual fuck up?

Asked and answered. Repeatedly.
Ok out of game this is completely unacceptable and toxic and honestly you should be ashamed as a moderator of this fucking site that you play this way. This is a game of mafia and you're not allowed to respond to people this way, its fucking unacceptable. It breaks all the rules of the site and the game that we're playing a fucking game.

I hate this shit. Why can't people like you and FL play this game like a game and not be toxic pieces of shit to people? I'm fucking serious. Completely out of game, as a human being, regardless of my alignment and your alignment do you think this is a fucking fun way to play mafia? Do you think its enjoyable to read endless pages of FL calling people stupid or you saying things like "shut the fuck up" repeatedly?

It's not. It's bullshit. It's terrible. It makes me never want to play mafia with you ever again. It drags the game down to hell and makes it unfun and horrible to interact with for everyone.

There's room for some amount of being rude and condescension in mafia but your entire way of interacting with people pushing you is to tell them to fuck off and honestly I don't think that's within the rules of the game and I wish you would stop doing it.

This is not alignment related. I don't think this speaks to your alignment. I think it speaks to you being a miserable person to play forum mafia with, and I am begging you to reconsider how you approach people in this game and every other game you play. It's horrifying.

There is literally nothing wrong with what norwee is doing as either alignment. As town he's going after someone he thinks in scum in a totally normal way, and as scum he's going for a miselim in a totally normal way.

This is the game you signed up to play. If you can't do it without being a raging fucking dickbag for no reason, you shouldn't play mafia. Full stop. And frankly its really making me doubt your temperament as a mod.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

There's literally nothing wrong with what norwee is doing as either alignment. They are making arguments and playing to their win condition. You trying this psychological condescension on them is the problem regardless of if they're scum or town and regardless of if they're right or wrong. They're just playing mafia. You know, the game you signed up to play?
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 4500, NorwegianboyEE wrote:PINE ISN’T FUCKING TOWN YOU MORON
there is nothing wrong with this yes
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Mistyx »

there are

so many problems with this game

almost every time i open thread i lose motivation rapidly

and it's not one person's fault it's just a mess all around
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

That is also bad. But I would say the way norwee has generally posted that has been the exception rather than the rule.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes, my blacklist will have maybe 3 or 4 new names after this game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

norwee isnt one of them. I think he's shown a reasonable amount of patience dealing with FL goading him repeatedly and Pine literally coming in and telling him to shut the fuck up repeatedly.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

But I've kind of just had it with pine interacting with everyone by ridiculing them personally and then just responding to them by saying "didn't I already tell you to shut the fuck up."

It's literally against the rules of the game and I wish the mod would do something about it and honestly I'm kind of at the end of my rope with this game because mafia is meant to be a fun game that yeah tempers can run a little hot in but we're so far above even that right now that its really hard to fucking play.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And FLs "I'M QUITTING THE GAME YOU ARE ALL SO STUPID I DONT CARE" performative bullshit is NAI for him but its definitely indicative of me hating the game I'm playing in.

It reminds me of the RC style of play like yeah congrats you won your game of forum mafia by making sure not a single other person in it had fun in any way because of your toxic bullshit.

And I hate it. And I hate this game. And I'm just so sick of it.

This is a fucking GAME people.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Pine is the only ungated role in the setup, this is specifically around how that doesn't seem to fit.
Does this imply that this assumption is false and that scum might have ungated roles, perhaps? Something like that. Because Pine, and from what we can see through Pine, Jingle, is avoiding what we consider to be an absolutely damning point about ungated roles not fitting in the setup. And he was in the previous untrod tripod v anime game, and was the living player who noticed the aesthetic of the setup. It seems really strange that Jingle wouldn't get Pine to acknowledge that being the only ungated role in the setup might make people doubt the claim.
It's a pretty common thing when making a claim that you know is unusual for any reason to preface that. To say, as FL did when claiming a role that had already flipped, "I acknowledge that this might be hard to believe for X reasons BUT this is the role PM that I got". Are we to believe that Jingle not only missed an absolute standout feature of the setup like this but also is refusing to recognise it after we've been repeating it?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But basically, JJ doesn't care so much about the jailkeeper bit of the claim. That setup spec can go anywhere. Pine could have claimed ungated anything and it would still be fake.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I will not claim i've been perfect this game. Not by far, but yes i agree with everything TSQ is saying about FL/Pine. It's really sad and annoying the game had to become like this.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

JJ thinks i didn't paraphrase 4565 too well but the meaning should be there- that post is at Pine in relation to what he would expect Jingle to be thinking about.

- Bunno
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Pine »

Cool! More personal shit after I apologize, back off, and answer the questions asked.

As I have done repeatedly throughout this game.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4565, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Pine is the only ungated role in the setup, this is specifically around how that doesn't seem to fit.
Does this imply that this assumption is false and that scum might have ungated roles, perhaps? Something like that. Because Pine, and from what we can see through Pine, Jingle, is avoiding what we consider to be an absolutely damning point about ungated roles not fitting in the setup. And he was in the previous untrod tripod v anime game, and was the living player who noticed the aesthetic of the setup. It seems really strange that Jingle wouldn't get Pine to acknowledge that being the only ungated role in the setup might make people doubt the claim.
It's a pretty common thing when making a claim that you know is unusual for any reason to preface that. To say, as FL did when claiming a role that had already flipped, "I acknowledge that this might be hard to believe for X reasons BUT this is the role PM that I got". Are we to believe that Jingle not only missed an absolute standout feature of the setup like this but also is refusing to recognise it after we've been repeating it?
U N G A T E D

R O L E S

A R E

F I N E

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Pine »

Why the hell would I claim something incongruous like that when I claimed last and could easily have faked that it was X-shot?

Answer: It’s the truth

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I should not have brought up the notion that Pine didn't take his medication in pagea earlier, but i think that speaks more to my lack of self-control when i feel unfairly treated since i thought i brought up many good points in favour of my solve and then the response i get is quote: "Can you shut the fuck up".

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4572, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I should not have brought up the notion that Pine didn't take his medication in pagea earlier, but i think that speaks more to my lack of self-control when i feel unfairly treated since i thought i brought up many good points in favour of my solve and then the response i get is quote: "Can you shut the fuck up".
Yes making light of mental health issues is shitty and as a person who takes medication I was really hurt personally by you doing that. Please don't do it again.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4571, Pine wrote:Why the hell would I claim something incongruous like that when I claimed last and could easily have faked that it was X-shot?

Answer: It’s the truth
It would be a lot easier to believe it was the truth if the incongruous nature of the role had been identified with the claim.
Except it wasn't- you even went as far as arguing the claim made you conftown.
If it had been noted at the time of the claim, then it would rule out the scenario where it was a mistake made by scum.

- Bunno

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”