Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4625 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4565, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Pine is the only ungated role in the setup, this is specifically around how that doesn't seem to fit.
Does this imply that this assumption is false and that scum might have ungated roles, perhaps? Something like that. Because Pine, and from what we can see through Pine, Jingle, is avoiding what we consider to be an absolutely damning point about ungated roles not fitting in the setup. And he was in the previous untrod tripod v anime game, and was the living player who noticed the aesthetic of the setup. It seems really strange that Jingle wouldn't get Pine to acknowledge that being the only ungated role in the setup might make people doubt the claim.
It's a pretty common thing when making a claim that you know is unusual for any reason to preface that. To say, as FL did when claiming a role that had already flipped, "I acknowledge that this might be hard to believe for X reasons BUT this is the role PM that I got". Are we to believe that Jingle not only missed an absolute standout feature of the setup like this but also is refusing to recognise it after we've been repeating it?
But there was an ungated doc in the previous setup, so I don’t know how you’re so certain on this?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4626 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Do y'all want a optimal scumflip and then eliminate both Pine/FL until both scum dead or the suboptimal have me flip town to prove TSQ is town and Pine scum, and then 50/50 you lose/win when trying to find his teammate in Ramcius/FL.
That's the choice today. Nothing else.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4627 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4625, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
But there was an ungated doc in the previous setup
, so I don’t know how you’re so certain on this?
No there wasn't.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4628 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2591, PenguinPower wrote: Welcome, Klick! You are 星空 みゆき (Miyuki Hoshizora), a
MafiaScum Anime Avatar Resistance Fighters (MAARF)
member.

Your Abilities
  • MAARF Tactical Response Unit
    : During the day phase, you may use this unit to vote to lynch one player.
  • R
    a
    i
    n
    b
    o
    w
    H
    e
    a
    l
    i
    n
    g
    !
    : During the night, you may activate your ability and target one player. If successful, this player will be protected from one night kill.
    You may do this twice during the game.
Your Win Condition
  • Make MafiaScum Safe Again
    : You win when all threats to MAARF have been eliminated and there is at least one MAARF member alive.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4629 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Literally a gated doc.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4630 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4626, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Do y'all want a optimal scumflip and then eliminate both FL/Ramcius until both scum dead or the suboptimal have me flip town to prove TSQ is town and Pine scum, and then 50/50 you lose/win when trying to find his teammate in Ramcius/FL.
That's the choice today. Nothing else.
*Fixed

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4631 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4591, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4589, Pine wrote:DEB’s flip mechanically demands a strong protective role.

That’s me.
Does a godfather flip demand a cop? Or Ninja a tracker?
Usually yes, if you have a mod who is reasonably adept at setup balance. Would you design a game with a miller and have no loyal/disloyal roles or AC in it? Of course you could but that wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4632 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think it's more likely Pine's teammate is Ramcius because with a townflip on TSQ they can probably still somehow find an way to argue that i'm scum, but with me flipping town it makes it harder to incriminate TSQ since their only point for scum!TSQ is that he makes sense as my teammate is and "null" and a "consensul elimination".

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4633 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4631, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4591, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4589, Pine wrote:DEB’s flip mechanically demands a strong protective role.

That’s me.
Does a godfather flip demand a cop? Or Ninja a tracker?
Usually yes, if you have a mod who is reasonably adept at setup balance. Would you design a game with a miller and have no loyal/disloyal roles or AC in it? Of course you could but that wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.
Having a strongman still makes sense for scum if we consider FL's claim to be real. With Pine it gives too much town power and as has been said, it does not dit with the setup.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4634 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4600, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Consider these points.

>Previous game with this theme flavour was all X-Shot.
>All previous roles flipped in this game so far are hard confirmed to be only X-Shot.
>BBMolla and Flavour crumb PR. BBMolla dies and Pine conveniently targeted FL on the same night with what FL can only hard confirm as a blocking action, but Pine also says it's protective.
>Pine claims to have targeted Iconeum N2 but Iconeum dies anyway. Explains it as DEB using his 1-shot strongman on that night. Circumstances are incredible.
No, have you not been reading my posts? Last game had an ungated doc in it. Why do you keep ignoring this?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4635 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We have 3 doctor type roles in this game. and 1-shot strongman. Give this a thought Nancy, it clearly does not fit and if a claim is fake then Pine's is the odd man out here.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4636 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4634, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4600, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Consider these points.

>Previous game with this theme flavour was all X-Shot.
>All previous roles flipped in this game so far are hard confirmed to be only X-Shot.
>BBMolla and Flavour crumb PR. BBMolla dies and Pine conveniently targeted FL on the same night with what FL can only hard confirm as a blocking action, but Pine also says it's protective.
>Pine claims to have targeted Iconeum N2 but Iconeum dies anyway. Explains it as DEB using his 1-shot strongman on that night. Circumstances are incredible.
No, have you not been reading my posts? Last game had an ungated doc in it. Why do you keep ignoring this?
I'm not ignoring your posts?? I'm literally responding to you and telling you there is no ungated doctor in the previous game.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4637 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4622, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4621, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:There was an ungated doc last time.
No there wasn't.
Yes, there was an ungated town role that could make a player bp for the night. I can literally quote it for you.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4638 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4628, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2591, PenguinPower wrote: Welcome, Klick! You are 星空 みゆき (Miyuki Hoshizora), a
member.

Your Abilities
  • R
    a
    i
    n
    b
    o
    w
    H
    e
    a
    l
    i
    n
    g
    !
    : During the night, you may activate your ability and target one player. If successful, this player will be protected from one night kill.
    You may do this twice during the game.
Your Win Condition
    : You win when all threats to MAARF have been eliminated and there is at least one MAARF member alive.
That wasn’t it. The specific role pm, had the words “bullet proof” or “bp” in it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #4639 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 4637, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
No there wasn't.
Yes, there was an ungated town role that could make a player bp for the night. I can literally quote it for you.
there was not.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #4640 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Mistyx »

if you're talking about the talisman joat im pretty sure that wasn't gated
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4641 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No there wasn't.
Are you referring to this?
Welcome, hitogoroshi! You are 不破 真広 (Mahiro Fuwa), a MafiaScum Anime Avatar Resistance Fighters (MAARF) member.

Your Abilities
MAARF Tactical Response Unit: During the day phase, you may use this unit to vote to lynch one player.
Talismans: During the night, you must target one player and choose one of the following talismans to grant your target:
Bulletproof: If successful, your targeted player will become immune to one night kill the following night phase. This talisman wears off once successfully targeted with a killing action or the following night phase ends, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
Loved: If successful, your targeted player will require one extra vote to be lynched. This talisman will last until the end of the following day phase, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
Hated: If successful, your targeted player will require one less vote to be lynched. This talisman will last until the end of the following day phase, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
It's somewhat reasonable for you to assume that was ungated because you weren't in the game, but in practice it was clarified that each talisman could only be handed out once. JJH told me this and he was in the game.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4642 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4635, NorwegianboyEE wrote:We have 3 doctor type roles in this game. and 1-shot strongman. Give this a thought Nancy, it clearly does not fit and if a claim is fake then Pine's is the odd man out here.
3? Molla, FL. Where’s the 3rd?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4643 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4642, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4635, NorwegianboyEE wrote:We have 3 doctor type roles in this game. and 1-shot strongman. Give this a thought Nancy, it clearly does not fit and if a claim is fake then Pine's is the odd man out here.
Pine's supposed jailkeeper claim.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4644 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4641, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
No there wasn't.
Are you referring to this?
Welcome, hitogoroshi! You are 不破 真広 (Mahiro Fuwa), a MafiaScum Anime Avatar Resistance Fighters (MAARF) member.

Your Abilities
MAARF Tactical Response Unit: During the day phase, you may use this unit to vote to lynch one player.
Talismans: During the night, you must target one player and choose one of the following talismans to grant your target:
Bulletproof: If successful, your targeted player will become immune to one night kill the following night phase. This talisman wears off once successfully targeted with a killing action or the following night phase ends, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
Loved: If successful, your targeted player will require one extra vote to be lynched. This talisman will last until the end of the following day phase, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
Hated: If successful, your targeted player will require one less vote to be lynched. This talisman will last until the end of the following day phase, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
It's somewhat reasonable for you to assume that was ungated because you weren't in the game, but in practice it was clarified that each talisman could only be handed out once. JJH told me this and he was in the game.
Once to a different player or only once in that game?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4645 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4644, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Once to a different player or only once in that game?
Once in that game.

- Bunno
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4646 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 4643, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4642, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Pine's supposed jailkeeper claim.
But we only have two roles, remember? Because I’m either fakeclaiming or scum-oriented. Or is it only one, given that the team is {Pine, FL} and you’ll never consider anything else?

Strongman demands a more robust protective role.

You’re looking at him.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4647 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Akarin »

But there was a strongman in the other setup so clearly that's not true.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4648 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Akarin »

The other hangup I have about Norwee is actually his approach to me today.

I really don't find the one-shot stuff that strong, I keep saying that, but he keeps not refocussing. It doesn't feel as manipulative as it should be compared to the mastermind he's apparently been all game.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4649 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2695, PenguinPower wrote:
Good morning everyone! That night went by fast...but not as fast as it could have I guess. Do you like my outfit? I'm dressed all formal becuase today is it. The last day.

But, before we get started we should check and see who won't be joining us for this last day of fun.

Spoiler: Night 5 Kill
不破 真広 (Mahiro Fuwa)

Welcome, hitogoroshi! You are 不破 真広 (Mahiro Fuwa), a
member.

Your Abilities
  • Talismans
    : During the night, you must target one player and choose one of the following talismans to grant your target:
    • Bulletproof
      : If successful, your targeted player will become immune to one night kill the following night phase. This talisman wears off once successfully targeted with a killing action or the following night phase ends, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
    • Loved
      : If successful, your targeted player will require one extra vote to be lynched. This talisman will last until the end of the following day phase, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
    • Hated
      : If successful, your targeted player will require one less vote to be lynched. This talisman will last until the end of the following day phase, and will not work in MyLo or LyLo.
Your Win Condition
Please confirm by responding to this PM stating your alignment and character name.

The game thread can be found here.

Good luck, have fun, and save our Anime Avatars.

Too bad...I kinda liked him. Well, it's all resting on you remaining MAARF members. Good luck, and please protect our anime avatars.
Ungated protective.

What more do you want?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”