NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4850 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Nancy I will let you think for yourself. But i just want to say a little bit.

Basically i just have two questions for you.

What would you expect Pine to do in the case of a TSQ townflip?
Why would this be useful at all for solving the game?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4851 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4850, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Nancy I will let you think for yourself. But i just want to say a little bit.

I would think then you’re probably right, especially if you’re jk’d and a kill still happens.

But my point is a vt elim is safer if you agree that a DEB strongman ruies out a Pine/FL team.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4852 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why is it safer to elim a VT over Pine right now when we think Pine has the highest chance individually of flipping scum.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4853 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4851, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4850, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Nancy I will let you think for yourself. But i just want to say a little bit.

I would think then you’re probably right, especially if you’re jk’d and a kill still happens.

But my point is a vt elim is safer if you agree that a DEB strongman ruies out a Pine/FL team.
I still don't agree with that. We had this argument before and I thought you agreed that ruling out that team was a bad idea. I can go over it again if you want.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4854 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Pine being alive doesn't make that scenario any better for town. And i think eliming anywhere other than Pine lowers our odds of hitting scum. Pine being alive is only arguably beneficial if we are guaranteed to hit scum elsewhere.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4855 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

The way I see it is that if a kill happens and he accuses whichever one of you/Shea he claims to jk of it, he’d then be scumclaiming so I see his plan as protown because even if Pine is scum, his buddy cannot possibly be FL for mech reasons.

And yes, I think FL/Ram being in favour of one of you/Shea being jk’d reads protown to me because how does it help scum either of them, to have either vt you/Shea jk’d?

I also think Pine sounds extremely sincere with his recent posts and I think he’s telling the truth. He also was the most against a Zor flip.

I’m gut tr him now and I oppose his elim today.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4856 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4852, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why is it safer to elim a VT over Pine right now when we think Pine has the highest chance individually of flipping scum.
Who is Pine’s buddy because if it’s FL, then DEB strongman means we have a broken setup?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4857 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If a kill happens, he wouldn't be accusing the person he jailkept of that kill. He would be saying that they are still scum, even though they did not make the kill, because there is a second scum in that scenario. The jailkeep proves nothing in the scenario where there are still 2 scum.

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4858 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4856, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4852, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why is it safer to elim a VT over Pine right now when we think Pine has the highest chance individually of flipping scum.
Who is Pine’s buddy because if it’s FL, then DEB strongman means we have a broken setup?
What? You're going to have to run that one by me again.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4859 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Pines buddy is plausibly FL or ramcius.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4860 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And therein lies the problem in not eliminating Pine for their claim.
It clearly can work against town if it’s a scum fake claim. And without guiltying Pine.
He would be able to argue for his innocense despite if the night and elimination ends up becoming a pro-scum result.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4861 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Pine's buddy is Ram. jjh927 specifically told me to say that the deb strongman does not rule out a Pine/FL team. It indicates with some fairly weak setup spec that it's not Pine/FL, but it's not conclusive owing to this being weak setup spec

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4862 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

To elaborate, the reason it is weak setup spec is because you are drawing large conclusions about the setup from a single flip within that setup.

- Bunno
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4863 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 4861, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Pine's buddy is Ram. jjh927 specifically told me to say that the deb strongman does not rule out a Pine/FL team. It indicates with some fairly weak setup spec that it's not Pine/FL, but it's not conclusive owing to this being weak setup spec
I do not believe JJH endorsed that. Full stop.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4864 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Strong setup spec, such as the indication that there are no ungated roles in this setup, comes from looking at all the information we have at once.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4865 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4863, Pine wrote:
In post 4861, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Pine's buddy is Ram. jjh927 specifically told me to say that the deb strongman does not rule out a Pine/FL team. It indicates with some fairly weak setup spec that it's not Pine/FL, but it's not conclusive owing to this being weak setup spec
JJH is asking me why you don’t believe he said that.

- Bunno
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #4866 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 4844, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: no elim

Let's get back to odd numbers, I doubt we'll achieve anything this day phase anyway
i agree

VOTE: mistyx
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4867 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4858, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 4856, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
What? You're going to have to run that one by me again.
In post 4859, Thestatusquo wrote:Pines buddy is plausibly FL or ramcius.
How does a Pine/FL team make sense mech wise with a DEB strongman?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4868 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I envy your role pm Misty because it would be gold on my slot.
JJH shares this sentiment.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4869 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

A strongman implies either a town doc or roleblocker of some sort and so far all we have in that regard is a 1 shot doc flip, which makes no sense especially when you check out last year’s setup. If you’re arguing a Pine/FL team then you’re pretty much arguing that scum would have a 1 shot strongman counterbalanced by only a 1 shot doc and as a game designer yourself, I don’t understand how you wouldn’t see that as unbalanced?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4870 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4869, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
A strongman implies either a town doc or roleblocker of some sort and so far all we have in that regard is a 1 shot doc flip, which makes no sense especially when you check out last year’s setup. If you’re arguing a Pine/FL team then you’re pretty much arguing that scum would have a 1 shot strongman counterbalanced by only a 1 shot doc and as a game designer yourself, I don’t understand how you wouldn’t see that as unbalanced?
Why would it be unbalanced if it doesn't do very much? You can't speculate on balance overall without knowing the scum roles. 1 shot strong man is a role that is totally fine as a red herring if both town and scum don't have a ton of power, like this setup.

Not every role has to have a counter role. In fact, I think its pretty lazy setup design to do that. It's not how I approach the games I make at all.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4871 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Nancy
'implies' is the key word. It doesn't say "definitely means town has significant protectives".

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4872 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Jingle, who pine keeps referencing, just backup modded/reviewed among us which had no real protective role for town, for instance. I think that getting into this game of "this role means x role must be in the game." is a really dangerous thing to do as town if the mod is at all competent.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4873 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4863, Pine wrote:
That’s why my team is reacessing now because once I explained to Math about the strongman, he realized a you/FL team along with a DEB strongman and no other counterbalancing TPR roles, makes absolutely no sense with just a 1 shot doc and Shea has modded games so I don’t understand how he can honestly believe this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4874 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We still think it's Pine/Ram, but JJH would not be so fast to rule out Pine/FL because of setup spec that is based on a single role in the setup. He is however, personally ruling out FL because he townreads him based on his posts.

- Bunno

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”