Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Not Chara »

We will all die one day.

Backup Mod:
Isis

Playerlist:
  1. Costello
  2. Farkran
  3. catboi
  4. Ydrasse
  5. Flea The Magician
  6. madeline
  7. bugspray
  8. Gamma Emerald
  9. Hectic
Spoiler: Still Fighting
  1. Costello,
    Eve
    , survived and won.
  2. Ydrasse,
    The Lost
    , survived and won.
  3. madeline,
    Azazel
    , survived and won.
  4. bugspray,
    Magdalene
    , survived and won.

Spoiler: Lost
  1. Gamma Emerald |
    Isaac
    |
    mafia
    , eliminated Day 1
  2. catboi |
    Isaac
    |
    town
    , killed Night 1
  3. Flea The Magician |
    ???
    |
    town
    , eliminated Day 2
  4. Hectic |
    The Soul
    |
    town
    , killed Night 2
  5. Farkran |
    Judas
    |
    mafia
    , eliminated Day 3

Last edited by Not Chara on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 21 times in total.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

General Rules
  1. Read all of the Site Rules.
  2. Play towards your win condition at all times, until you are dead or I've declared the game over.
  3. At any time these rules may be updated or added to, accompanied by an announcement in the game thread.
  4. Discussing, alluding to, or otherwise referencing ongoing games in this one is not allowed. No, not even if you're really sneaky about it.
  5. Quoting private mod communication or the content of any private topic is never allowed. Paraphrasing information and sharing role names is okay.
  6. Referencing exact timestamps for mod communication/private content is similarly disallowed.
  7. All player-to-player communication in this game must be confined to the game thread, and any private topics you have access to.
  8. While it is expected for any mafia game to get somewhat heated, please refrain from personal attacks and harassment.
  9. Mafia is, at the end of the day, a game. Have fun!
  10. If you have any questions about what is and isn't okay to post, just ask.
Gameplay Rules
  1. Eliminations occur when a player reaches a simple majority of votes. At this point the game will proceed to Twilight until I lock and process the flip.
  2. Voting should be done using the VOTE: tags on a new line, in the manner of VOTE: Chara. I will do my best to count bolded votes but I'd rather not.
  3. If the day timer runs out without an elimination, a No Elimination will occur and the game will proceed to Night.
  4. Players may also vote for a no-elimination using the vote tags.
  5. You may continue to speak during Twilight, including the hammered player.
Activity and Deadlines
  1. Days will last 10 days, and nights run 48 hours.
  2. The prod timer is at 48 hours. "Prod-dodge" posts will not be accepted towards this timer, but my criteria for a content post is exceptionally loose. Deadline to reply to a prod is 24 hours.
  3. Immediately after a third prod, I will begin searching for a replacement. If you post (or PM, over Night) before a replacement is found, you may keep your slot.
  4. If you are declaring V/LA, please inform me in the thread with a bolded notification on a new line. A PM is fine as well.
  5. If you have a weekend/regular V/LA that is not listed in your signature, please notify me in the same fashion as the above.
Last edited by Not Chara on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Setup Details

This game uses
daytalk
All players can
multitask
Flips will use
partial reveal
. Upon death, a players alignment and role name will flip, but their role PM will not.

This is a closed smalltown. Below are the names of the nine premade roles that will be randomized and handed out to players at the start of the game. After role assignment, alignment distribution will occur. To put it another way, this means that role has no correlation with alignment.

Role List
  1. Azazel
  2. ???
  3. Judas
  4. Magdalene
  5. Eve
  6. Isaac
  7. The Forgotten
  8. The Lost
  9. Apollyon
Last edited by Not Chara on Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Role PMs will go out tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Nevermind, sending now. The game will begin when all players confirm, if I'm conscious.

9/9

All players confirmed. Stay tuned.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Not Chara »

Day 1 - The Basement

Isaac's heart raced. He stood up from the cold, tightly-packed dirt he'd fallen onto, and immediately looked up.
The trap door was so high above him. Light streamed in from the cracks around the edge, illuminating the room he was in with a warm glow. Though the panic was still coursing through him, the light was somehow soothing. It was as though someone was speaking to him, telling him that his mother, at least, could not follow him to the basement.
He looked down at his hands. Besides the damp dirt clinging to them from his fall, they were unblemished. So was the rest of him, even though it appeared he'd fallen from quite a height.

He had no time to be puzzled about that strange stroke of good fortune. There were other people down here. Other... kids? No, some of them could not be called kids like him.

But before his brain could catch up with what his eyes were trying to tell him, his attention was caught by one girl in particular. She had curly blonde hair, gold and warm like sunshine, and was picking herself up off the dirt in much the same way he had. She rubbed her hands together a few times to clear them of the mess, and then, straightening, turned toward Isaac. Now he could see the bright red bow that sat proudly on her head. While he merely greeted her with wide, dumbfounded eyes and a wobbling frown, the girl flashed him the most dazzling smile he'd ever seen, and it was enough that he forgot the others around the two of them.

"I'm Magdalene," she spoke with all of the friendliness that had never been directed to Isaac before. "But call me Maggie! Since we're friends."

She held out her hand, and so shocked was Isaac that he took it automatically. His mouth moved and made some words he couldn't hear, but it seemed to be enough for Magdalene.

"Let's go!" And now she was tugging him along towards one of the doors leading out of the place they'd fallen. "We need find our way down. I'm sure the others are already looking for the way."
He barely heard her. With everything that had just occurred, from his mother trying to... do what she'd tried, and then desperately jumping down into what he'd
thought
was his basement only to be wherever he was now, he didn't have any more room to process what she was telling him.

Only one bit of coherency floated above the others, as he was pulled into the unknown.
I really like her hair
, Isaac thought to himself.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 1.0

Costello (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
catboi (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
Flea The Magician (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Gamma Emerald (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
Costello, Farkran, catboi, Ydrasse, Flea The Magician, madeline, bugspray, Gamma Emerald, Hectic

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-03 15:51:07).
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 1.1 - HAMMER

Costello (5): madeline, Ydrasse, Hectic, bugspray, Costello

Gamma Emerald (1)
: catboi
Farkran (0)
:
catboi (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
Flea The Magician (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
Farkran, Flea The Magician, Gamma Emerald

With 9 players alive, it took 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 1 has...

not ended yet! The game will now enter a
Special Twilight
. The deadline has been set to (expired on 2021-02-23 16:52:57). Votes will no longer be counted.
Last edited by Not Chara on Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Not Chara »

i apologize for the suspense. my internet decided to give up on me just as the hammer vote went down. funny how that works.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Not Chara »

I've been playing Isaac again, on PS4. It's hard to pick a favourite character, but it's easy to pick the one I hate the most.

Fuck Keeper. Any pro-Keeper posts will be grounds for modkill. I couldn't write flavour this morning because I was too busy constructing a Keeper effigy to burn.

The
Special Twilight
will end in (expired on 2021-02-23 16:52:57).
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Not Chara »

Day 1 - Conclusion

Isaac had to stop and catch his breath before entering the ominous door that marked the end of their terrifying journey. He hoped.

Magdalene had gotten very quiet. Her cheer that had seemed so unshakeable before had given way to something fragile. When he looked back at her, she smiled thinly, and it felt like cheap consolation when she was the one that had gotten them this far.

"This is the best I can do. You're the one who has to fight."
She sounded resigned, but Isaac could swear there was relief in her tone as well. Her beautiful curls hung limply on her face, and there was a sheen of sweat that cast her in a sickly light. He'd noticed she'd had trouble keeping up with him, but she hadn't complained and Isaac thought he'd done his best to account for her. It was better than being alone.

But why come all the way here if she was just going to abandon him in the end?
Her sad smile was no answer, nor was the almost comical thumbs up she offered Isaac as some kind of paltry encouragement.

ISAAC VS. GEMINI

Contusion and Suture were the best of friends. And brothers, to boot! They went everywhere together, and it didn't matter that neither of them could leave the company of the other, for who would want to? Suture told the best jokes, and Contusion had the best laugh, and he always did his part, even when his twins jokes were only a
little
funny instead of absolutely uproarious as they most often were. And sometimes Suture thought his brother patronized him too much, but how could he blame his twin for that? That was how Geminis were.
Suture couldn't relate. After all, he was a Capricorn.

They didn't need anyone else. Certainly not a third brother. You know what they say, right? Two's company, but three's a crowd.

So when another brother did show up, Contusion and Suture were in total agreement on what to do about it.

It was an easier fight than they'd expected.

Gamma Emerald
has been eliminated. He was
Isaac
, and a member of the
mafia
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Not Chara »

Night 1 has begun. It will end in (expired on 2021-02-25 17:09:51). Please send in any night actions you have before then.

EDIT: Daystart will be delayed until around 8pm EST. The action deadline remains as it is.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Day 2 - The Caves

Isaac's breath came in great gasps as he was forcefully dragged back to consciousness. His vision was blurry, and his entire body ached. Moving brought out a groan, and attracted the attention of the two girls nearby.

Magdalene, who had just excitedly filled in a row in her 47th tic-tac-toe game with a dour-looking kid who sat beside her, gasped in delight when she heard Isaac wake.

"Eve, look! He's finally up. Guess you got lucky this time, I won't count this game."
Considering she had just won, Magdalene considered this to be quite generous of her.

Eve, who seemed to be the black-haired girl with a strange, feathered accessory in her hair, merely shrugged. She had been purposely letting the other win every single game, out of protest for being forced to play something as pointless as tic-tac-toe. Magdalene had not noticed.

It looked like they were in an unfamiliar, tiny room. The walls, sparsely lit with an ambient light he couldn't immediately spot the source of, were formed of textured black stone, embedded with... skulls. So many skulls. The floor was also embedded with skulls.
Isaac stopped examining the room.

Asking what had happened to him was the first step, but he was beaten to the question by Eve.
"It's that collar. It was your cat's, right?"
She didn't sound curious, asking the question with as much enthusiasm as she'd given Magdalene's declaration, which was none.

Isaac looked down. Clutched in his hand was a small, dirty collar. It had been pink at some point, but even with the fading and dirt that clung to it, he recognized the heart-shaped tag.
The letters had long since rubbed away, but if he squinted in the gloom he could just make out a P and a Y. At least, Isaac thought so.

This had belonged to Guppy. Isaac remembered clutching it tightly in his fist. His father had tried to coax him into letting it go, that it was dirty and he would wash it and give it back, just the same. Isaac hadn't listened, and he was grateful for it now.

"The things you love will protect you, Isaac," Eve added after several moments of silence. Surprisingly, Magdalene was quiet, and only nodded her agreement with a careful smile.

And then the wall behind Isaac exploded. The loud bang had both girls covering their heads, but they were safe at their position across the room. As the shaking subsided, a tiny collar, now torn into pieces, gently fell to the ground.

From behind the large hole that the explosion had created, which was still smoking and dropping pieces of stone and splintered bone, came an empty-eyed skeleton. He stood beside the radiating circle of ash that marked where the bomb he'd placed had been.

To the girls, he offered a salute. It had taken him a while, but he'd finally found the room they'd been trapped in!
Maybe he'd taken a little too long. They both looked very upset with him.

catboi
has been killed. They were
Isaac
, and a member of the
town

Farkran
visited
Hectic
last night.

Flea The Magician
visited
Hectic
last night.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.0

Costello (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
Flea The Magician (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
Costello, Farkran, Ydrasse, Flea The Magician, madeline, bugspray, Hectic

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-07 20:34:25).
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.1

Farkran (2)
: Hectic, Ydrasse
Costello (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
Flea The Magician (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
Farkran, Flea The Magician, madeline, bugspray, Costello

Last edited by Not Chara on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.2

Flea The Magician (1)
: Ydrasse
Farkran (0)
:
Costello (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
Farkran, Flea The Magician, madeline, bugspray, Costello, Hectic

Last edited by Not Chara on Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.3

Flea The Magician (2)
: Ydrasse, Farkran
Farkran (1)
: Flea The Magician
Ydrasse (1)
: Costello
Costello (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
madeline, bugspray, Hectic

---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 601, Costello wrote:you could literally link a 6 second tiktok to chara and it'd probably say "i need to wait five years until the right time in my life for this i'm so sorry"
i'm going to watch ping pong the animation and then send you an essay about how much it sucks
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.4

Flea The Magician (2)
Ydrasse (1)
: Costello
Farkran (0)
:
Costello (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
madeline, bugspray, Hectic, Flea The Magician

---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.5

Flea The Magician (2)
Ydrasse (1)
: Flea The Magician
Hectic (1)
: bugspray
Farkran (0)
:
Costello (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
madeline, Hectic, Costello

Last edited by Not Chara on Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1000, bugspray wrote:
@mod if a pt gets closed during the same night when a traffic analyst targets a player in the former pt what result would the traffic analyst get?
i cannot answer a question like this in the thread. if you have a question about your role, you may contact me privately.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1007, Costello wrote:
In post 1002, Costello wrote:
chara
i will continue to play to win in the meantime but what exactly is required for a town concession
hypothetically, i would accept a town concession if every town player requested it, privately.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1112, bugspray wrote:
@mod is this game normal?
this is a theme game.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Not Chara »

---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:11 am

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.6

Flea The Magician (3)
: Ydrasse, Farkran, Costello
Costello (2)
: madeline, Flea The Magician
Hectic (1)
: bugspray
Ydrasse (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
Hectic

Ydrasse is V/LA until the 6th.

---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.7 - HAMMER

Flea The Magician (4): Ydrasse, Farkran, Costello, Hectic

Costello (3)
: madeline, Flea The Magician, bugspray
Hectic (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
No one

With 7 players alive, it took 4 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 2 has ended.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Day 2 - Conclusion

"Are you sure about this?"
Magdalene sounded uncharacteristically nervous at the prospect of letting ??? go alone, as planned. The corpse in question was standing at the entrance to the the guardian of the Caves, stamping its feet and shaking out its hands as though preparing for a performance.

Judas, who had suggested this course of action, appeared very confident. Fez jauntily balanced on his head, he gestured toward ??? with an air of pride. "Look how happy it is.
Somebody
had to do it, and I don't see you volunteering, Maggie."

"I did volunteer," she frowned, though made no move to approach the door ahead of the one chosen for the task. "I know we had to pick someone new after... after what happened to Isaac," her voice quieted a little as she reached his name, "but I just... it doesn't seem fair."

"Life isn't fair," came a monotone voice at the other side of the room, where Eve was constructing what appeared to be a small tower of interlocked skulls. Her bird, once apparently dead and attached to her hair, was now flying around freely. It occasionally landed on top of her work, and would swoop at anyone who attempted to come close.

As Judas enthusiastically agreed with Eve's assessment, and Magdalene's strained smile edged ever-closer to a scowl, ??? had already set off.

??? VS. THE FORSAKEN

What it found there was, by all standards ??? had, a very normal scene.

Bones littered the area, cracked skulls and dusty femurs sticking up every which way. It looked like a tornado had swept through a catacomb, and left all of the disturbed bodies in scattered piles. Morosely picking through these remnants was a massive creature that was only bones itself. It floated above the ground, turning over the remains in its room with two stubby humeri, and its body ended at its abdomen, crumbling spine all that remained of what might once have been a lower half.

A person with grey skin was also present in the room. Short black horns grew from his forehead, and feathered wings from his back. His face was empty, quite literally, eyes more black and hollow than the empty sockets the Forsaken was using to scan its destroyed minions.

As ??? entered, the demon spoke.
"There's no need to look so sad. They were never alive." Apollyon's voice echoed into an endless distance. He turned to ???. "Not like that one. It used to be something, once."

The Forsaken, who had not noticed ??? before, snapped to attention and fixed its gaze onto the new arrival. ??? smiled and pointed at itself with a hesitant smile. Yes, it was once alive! How nice of Apollyon to notice.

"Not to imply that there's anything special about being alive," the angel continued, as a flame began to grow in the Forsaken's eyes.

"Rather, life and death are two sides of the same faulty coin. Either way, you suffer. In my opinion, it would be better if one didn't exist at all. That would be a true mercy."

"In nothing, an eternity awaits. True eternity, not an afterlife of empty promises and unbearable boredom. Do you know what it's like to be aware of the true endlessness? No matter what you do, no matter what direction you try and go, the future stretches ahead of you. In Heaven or in Hell, it's the same in the end. If you spend enough time in either, they both look the same."

Apollyon continued to talk as a deluge of blood slammed ???'s body into the wall, tearing its stitches and pulping what remained of its soft, rotted body.

Flea The Magician
has been eliminated. Fae was
???
, and a member of the
town
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Night 2 has begun. It will end in (expired on 2021-03-06 20:00:41). Please send in any night actions you have before then.

From Day 3 onwards, the day deadline will be 7 days.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Day 3 - The Depths

Hectic
was killed. He was
The Soul
, and a member of the
town

Farkran
visited
Hectic
last night.
Last edited by Not Chara on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 3.0

Costello (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
Costello, Farkran, Ydrasse, madeline, bugspray

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 3 will end in (expired on 2021-03-13 20:29:14).
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 3.1 - HAMMER

Farkran (3): Costello, bugspray, Ydrasse

Costello (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
Farkran, madeline

With 5 players alive, it took 3 votes to reach an elimination.

The game is now over.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Not Chara »

The Binding of Isaac - The End

"
You're
the reason we haven't been progressing!" Azazel's furious voice rose above the rest, his ire directed squarely at the one responsible for all of their mishaps so far. Judas, wearing a smile that was as flimsy as the hat on his head, had his hands up in a gesture of calm, and was looking around the room for some kind of ally.

Only Eve's dispassionate gaze stared back at him. She appeared unimpressed with the outcome of their quest, and was not reacting to Magdalene's weight against her. The blonde was theatrically sobbing, huge tears falling down her face and soaking Eve in the process. The area where they were standing had become something of a puddle, and Eve had not yet decided on whether she should inform Magdalene that if this kept up, she'd be a killer herself. The tears burned, a little, but she didn't mind the feeling at present.

Judas looked around, searching for someone else he might have been able to convince, but the room was empty. It was just the four of them, now. Azazel was still the loudest, enraged at being tricked by such an obvious betrayer, but more irate with himself for not noticing any of the signs beforehand.

The sign that had lead to the truth did not make for a very satisfying story. The residue still left on Judas's foot, a glowing ectoplasmic marker that shone for all to see, spoke of the reason for the disappearance of their final member. He rubbed at it now, but the slime just clung and stuck, now as much on his hands as the rest of him. He wrinkled his nose, disgusted by the texture and the surprisingly robust smell.

Apparently it was this gesture that had Azazel leaping forward. Sure, he could have expelled a fountain of blood and taken Judas' life right then, but this trespass called for a more personal approach. The point was not to kill, but to work out an emotion that had nowhere else to go.

Judas' own shouted warning came too late. As the demon tackled him, they both went down, Judas' back scraping against the hard stone.

Only...

The impact had knocked off his fez. Now without the accessory, the child before them was plainly not who they had thought.

"...Isaac?" Magdalene's voice was unsure, frail and wobbly with tears.
But it was Isaac. Without the hat that marked him, the resemblance was clear. Even Azazel now looked confused, shakily getting to his feet and staring at Judas... Isaac, with a disturbed expression.

"I didn't want you to find out like this," he began, haltingly at first.

"I'm... not who you all thought. None of us are. The others...
that
Isaac, your friend Blue," he nodded at Azazel, who reacted to the name as though he'd been struck, "...even this." He lifted up his foot slightly to show the softly glowing blue stain. "We're all him, we always have been. We're the different paths he's taken. And none of us-"

Judas' voice was cut off as everything shifted. Eve's hand, awkwardly patting Magdalene's hair, her
wig
, the girls own tears, Azazel's tail that flicked back and forth with unrest. It all vanished into the nothingness that had sprung from.

What was left in the room was lost.

Transparent, he floated a few feet above the ground, his lower half vanishing into a wispy tail. Crying as if by instinct, his tears disappeared as they met the ground, ethereal. They were tears of loneliness, confusion, betrayal, but he himself did not know why he cried.

When a voice from above called out, he did look. Whether it was for guidance, or just to be assured that there was still someone out there looking for him, to take him home, he also could not say. But the voice, the
kind
voice, the
warm
voice, called his attention upwards.

From a wooden trap door, open and inviting, light filtered down.

Farkran
has been eliminated. He was
Judas
, and a member of the
mafia

The
town
, composed of
Costello
catboi
Ydrasse
Flea The Magician
madeline
bugspray
, and
Hectic
, has won! Thank you all for playing.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1229, catboi wrote:requesting the entire raven PT be redacted
haha. no.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (isolation #32) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Gamma Emerald and Farkran have 48 hours to notify me of any redactions they'd like for the mafia PT. I'll be releasing everything else in a moment.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Not Chara »

The Void (Dead Thread)
Sacrifice PT (??? and Azazel v1)
Raven PT (Eve and Raven v1)

---

Spoiler: Game Actions
Day 1:
  1. Costello is majority voted, Dead Bird activates
  2. Costello chooses catboi as Raven
  3. Hectic selects The Soul
  4. catboi selects Gamma Emerald as the elimination
Night 1:
  1. catboi swaps roles with Gamma Emerald (Apollyon <--> Isaac)
  2. Flea The Magician sends Poop to Hectic
  3. Hectic becomes The Soul
  4. bugspray bodyguards Costello
  5. catboi uses Void on Gamma Emerald
  6. madeline reveals ???'s role in the hood
  7. Farkran uses The Book of Belial on Hectic (fails)
  8. Farkran kills catboi (Apollyon's action resolved instantly, so catboi flips as new role)
Day 2:
  1. Ydrasse uses coroner on catboi (returns Isaac)
  2. Flea seals the Sacrifice PT
Night 2:
  1. bugspray bodyguards Farkran
  2. Farkran uses The Book of Belial on madeline (succeeds)
  3. Farkran kills Hectic

---

Spoiler: Azazel

Your name is
Azazel
. You carry the burden of sin on your shoulders.

You share a neighbourhood with
???
. [link to hood]

The Nail
: At night, you may post "
Reveal ???'s role
" in the neighbourhood, bolded. The moderator will, within that neighbourhood, reveal
???
's complete role information (but not their alignment).

Spoiler: ???

Your name is
???
. You're only a little dead.

You share a neighbourhood with
Azazel
. [link to hood]

Forget Me Now:
At any time, you may PM the moderator to permanently lock the neighbourhood you share with
Azazel
. This will make it completely impossible for any player to view the topic
or
the posts within until the game is over.
Azazel
will be PMed all posts made between their most recent post and the end of the topic. This ability can only be used once per game.

The Poop:
Each night, you may target a player. They will receive a thoughtful gift. (It's poop.)

Spoiler: Judas

Your name is
Judas
. You are a betrayer by nature.

You are aware this game contains one or more neighbourhoods. Keep in mind: a private topic where all members know each other's alignment, such as a Masonry or Scum PT, is not a neighbourhood.

The Book of Belial
: Each night, you may target a player. If that player is in a neighbourhood, you will receive a charge of
The Book of Belial
's day ability. You can hold a maximum of 1 charge, and you begin the game uncharged.
During the day, if you are charged, you may PM the moderator to lock and reveal all neighbourhoods that currently exist in the game. This expends the charge.

Spoiler: Magdalene

Your name is
Magdalene
. You are overflowing with love, sometimes to your detriment.

Celtic Cross
: Each night, you may target a player. If that player would be killed at night, you will die in their place.

Spoiler: Eve

Your name is
Eve
. You've learned that life is not fair.

Dead Bird:
When the vote to eliminate you,
Eve
, reaches majority, the game enters an extended Twilight. At this point, you have 48 hours to select a player to become your
Raven
. They are permanently removed from all neighbourhoods they are in, if any, and join a new one with you. You may post in this hood, but the
Raven
cannot, because they are a bird.
From this point, the
Raven
has 48 hours to select a new elimination, or to affirm you as the elimination. If you and the
Raven
are scumpartners, they must choose to eliminate you.
Dead Bird can only be activated once per game.

Spoiler: Isaac

Your name is
Isaac
. You were powerless against the will of others.

The D6
: The D6 can be rolled once per game. During the Day, you may PM the moderator to reroll every role in the game, for all players, living or dead. Each player will receive a new role PM to reflect their changed role, even if fate has granted them the exact same one they had before.

Additional clarifications:
For edge case roles in the game, this is how they'd be affected, if they exist. Expect unclarified mechanics to behave in a similar and/or intuitive spirit:
-X shot roles and the like remain expended, a new player gains the role and is informed how much charge is left.
-if a role provides a private topic, a brand new private topic will be created to support role changes, and players who lost roles that let them use a private topic will lose the ability to post in it or review it.
-if a role learns information over the course of the game, including but not limited to investigatives, the new recipient of the role won't receive a back catalog of information learned. If a role learns something at the very start of the game, however, that is also granted to the player who is shuffled into the role. If it is information about role distribution, it will apply to the new role distribution, not the game start one.
-if a role is a Lover and a dead player and living player each receive the lover effect, it won't cause the lover to perish retroactively.
-if a player has received some kind of boon or curse that came from someone else's role or character, they will keep it after the shuffle, it isn't considered part of their character. Examples: Inventor, Neighborizer, Poisoner. (Note in the case of neighborizer, there's a player who has received a boon, and a player who is involved because of their role. A new neighborhood would be created consisting of <new player with role> + <boon player, irrespective of a recent change in role>.)
-This should go without saying but is particularly troublesome in the unlikely event it is misunderstood: this game is confirmed to have no midgame alignment changes, no one's alignment will change and in no cases will strange roles somehow grant scum PT access to townies.
-If a player inherits an Indecisive or Roaming role, they will be given the minimum amount of information necessary to continue making legal decisions for the role.
- If a player receives a Compulsive role, they will need to make their own pre-submitted actions immediately, before their next game post

Spoiler: The Forgotten

Your name is
The Forgotten
. No one remembers who you used to be.

Divorce Papers
: At the end of day 1, your role as
The Forgotten
will be discarded, and replaced with one of two roles, the specifics of which will not be made clear to you until you receive one. Your default selection is
Bony
. PM the moderator to change your preference up until this point.

Bony
: Proves your alignment to others, somehow.

The Soul
: Proves facts about others, somehow.

Spoiler: The Lost

Your name is
The Lost
. You are nothing, and no one, and isn't that sad?

Holy Mantle
: Once per day, you may target a dead player. You will learn all information pertaining to their role.

Spoiler: Apollyon

Your name is
Apollyon
. You are the angel of the abyss.

Void
: At any time during the game, you may PM the moderator to target a dead player. You will exchange roles with this player.
Void
can be used twice per game, but as with all abilities, cannot be used while dead.

-----------------------

Spoiler: The Forgotten Role Options

Your name is
Bony
. You move without any muscles, your skull's a cavernous hall.

Brittle Bones:
You cannot be protected from kills.

Book of the Dead:
If you are visited by another player during the night, that player will be informed of your alignment. Additionally, if you are performing an action at night with a single target, your action will automatically target the player who targeted you. If you are targeted by multiple players, your new target will be determined randomly.

Your name is
The Soul
. You are no longer tethered to your physical form.

Hallowed Ground:
If you are visited by another player during the night, that visit will be announced publicly at daystart in the format:
[visiting player] visited [username] last night.

---

Role Assignments

madeline: Azazel
Flea The Magician: ???
Farkran: Judas
bugspray: Magdalene
Costello: Eve
Gamma Emerald: Isaac
Hectic: The Forgotten
Ydrasse: The Lost
catboi: Apollyon
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Not Chara »

not going to lie, i was not going to finish the flavour, but Hectic's encouragement in the dead thread allowed me to do so.

so thank you! and thanks everyone for playing and hopefully enjoying the game. and a special thanks to Isis for allowing me to adopt the setup.
it is important to note that while Isis is responsible for 99% of this setup, there were two changes i made myself. one was the addition of The Poop, when we decided the setup needed another visiting role, and i really wanted it to be poop. the second was the decision to allow the thread to remain open during the Special Twilight on day 1. obviously this changes things dramatically, but i ultimately decided to move forward with it rather than consulting Isis about threadlock because my rules as they were written, and Eve's role PM, implied that the main thread would stay open.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i'd also like to note that Costello's Raven PT, populated by exactly one Costello, is the longest PT in the game at 5 pages.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Farkran, i am very happy you took me up on the invitation, and i'm glad you had fun in spite of how many obstacles scum had in front of them this game. i hope to see you in another game.

and yes, Isaac's reroll never going off
was
disappointing, but c'est la vie!
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (isolation #37) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i've been considering running a sort-of sequel in the future with more players and more robust item mechanics (character-specific passives and tradable actives), but i might want a co-mod who is interested in that design aspect. this game was not very mechanically taxing, but i didn't end up doing everything i would have liked in the time i had available to dedicate to it.

also, i ended up bothering Isis midgame for questions a lot more than i had intended. i'm really thankful for the opportunity to run what was essentially a ready-made setup, and now i'd like to create my own.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #38) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i'd have commentary on how everyone played this game, but i don't know how to play mafia lol
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #39) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1255, Costello wrote:I don't think the public announcing nightkill was great-it would have been better to exempt it or have it kick into gear AFTER nightkills imo-but it's worth noting that it was you happening to clear Hectic that made it extra brutal. It's OP enough without it but at least you can justify voting them all the way until the 3 way....but when you get wrecked that hard by how it interacted specifically with your role, that made it quite brutal.
"last minute anxiety about The Soul's guiltying power when killed"

Chara on discord to Isis on Feb 21
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #40) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Not Chara »

every time i updated the thread, i also updated the tagline underneath the title in the first post. i went through a randomized list of the Rebirth fortunes that i'd done pregame. i like the current one, it was last in that list and i feel it's fitting to leave there.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1262, Alisae wrote:ya you don't wanna be scum in this meta towns are just too oppressive and no one wants to play scum its sadge.
i don't know, i thought Farkran played incredibly well given the circumstances and having his partner sniped unexpectedly, the game looks nothing like this sans-mechanics.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”