Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Creature »

I have no idea how you all are townreading Reck tbh. Like, pretty much everyone, including one of my teammates, say he's town but I'm feeling Reck a bit underwhelming compared to the 2018 edition.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Creature »

So by alive slots there are:

xRECKONERx - thestatusquo, Cheetory6, AGar
Hectic - Hopkirk, Flopz, Zaiden
Aristophanes - Jingle, Dannflor, Pine
Ydrasse - Infinity 324, Uncrowned, Kanna
Creature - Ramcius, SirCakez, DrippingGoofball
xofelf - zoraster, PrivateI, Cephrir
DeasVail - Ythan, BBmolla, Jake The Wolfie
The Bulge - Gamma Emerald, Dr Easy Bake, Almost50
Adorable - Dunnstral, Akarin, midwaybear
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 2037, Adorable wrote:These are the list of players she town read which are Bulge, Hectic, Ydrasse, Datisi and prob Reck. With those players on town read she said the players in the pool would be Sirius, Ari, Creature, xofelf, DV.

This is what Akarin said about Creature. She said there were alot of weird interactions around beeboy, and she said it looked like the scumteam knew he was going down and then she started to wonder how much did they try to save him, if at all and then she thinks one might have bussed. Akarin said Creatures off-and on approach feels like he might be the scum that tries to save beeboy but then Creature pushes RCE after his claim while others are counterwagoning Ydrasse. I asked yesterday if scum does a move like that and this was when Akarin was not caught up at the time.
In post 917, DeasVail wrote:People I don't want to elim today:

Sirius, Aristophanes, Creature, xofelf, Adorable, xRECKONERx, RCEnigma (there's no real point in an elimination here right now to be honest, regardless of read on the slot)

The rest are potential options in my mind.

Summer Nights is the slot that I feel most indifferent about right now. Pushing there is kind of low value because she's not even really here, but it also feels like the most comfortable place for a vote. And peta voting there is eerie because it was the first thought in my mind when I unvoted as well and a lot of the reasons he has put forward are similar to what I have been thinking.

VOTE: Summer Nights
She said if Bulge claim is true, then the only players DV was willing eliminate on this list were petapan, Hectic, Ydrasse, Bulge, and Datisi, and with her reads, the night 1 flip and the claim, DV was unwilling to vote the entire scumteam and she thinks scum tend to be inclined to put at least 1 of their buddies in their pool, even if they don't vote for them and she guess she'd be less inclined to vote DV.

I said earlier in the game I was leaning town on Ari and Akarin is not and she said if Ari elimination isn't going to go through due to meta + Hectic (which was her take on it) then she says I should vote in Creature, Sirius, xofelf. She also said the argument on Creature being town doesn't make sense from DV and it felt like to her DV is town who sticks their neck out and townblocks the entire scumteam rather than being scum???
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Creature »

I only remember Adorable, Aristophanes and I mentionining our teammate's reads.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1057, xofelf wrote:Ceph said that if it were him he'd yeet RCE, so sure. I don't know much about balance, but a N1 vig claim doesn't sit right with me, too convenient. And I really want some sort of concrete information, so:

VOTE: RCE
Meh
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Creature »

I think Aristophanes and Adorable are two town and I'll try to work from here.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 404, xRECKONERx wrote:okay first off, ari, latching onto something i think is incredibly scummy and screaming about it is like literally how i think people should play as town until something is satisfactory

you ask what adorable could've done to answer me. i don't know, EXPLAIN the fucking thought process there? give me SOMETHING to show why they would have contradicted themselves? but they didn't, they just kept dodging and ignoring it, even when *multiple* people pointed it out to them. your insistence that adorable is just weird bc meta and insinuation that it somehow insulates them from any prosecution for doing bad scummy shit is like, buck wild to me. HOWEVER, i will say that at the very least, your overzealous defense of adorable has me thinking that she may
actually
be town here and you're just latching onto an easy white knight target as scum. like literally nobody else has tried to do what you've tried to do, there's been some light push back, but what you're doing here is just over the top. i have zero faith that you actually believe adorable is as town as you pretend to believe.

that being said, agar sent me a multiple page word doc with his thoughts on the game in stream of consciousness bullet point form. from a skim here are some highlights:
- deasvail +town points for jumping in and not fucking around with RVS detecting enough happened to apply pressure
- adorable reading as newbie/inexperienced, not alignment indicative. overall thinks adorable is being set up to be the token defense for scum to earn townpoints, +townpoints for adorable. (im going to yell at him on voice ab this when we get a chance)
- he's feeling vibes with datisi's posts, same page, likes pressuring/questioning of ari. datisi is a hero for post 280.
- #81 from peta where he votes serious is really weird and #83 doesn't provide any follow, +scum points.
- agrees that xof' 108 is goodposting
- dislikes hectic's whole reaction to me in general, esp 112 which feels overly defensive ab a dumb gimmick, and 145 which either misunderstands (at best) or misrepresents (at worse) my objection to the posting style. 256 reads like TMI from hectic, which would point towards adorable being town. also thinks hectic calling ari's takes on me "okay" is bad bc ari just fabricated them out of nowhere, they were based on 4 posts of nothing and he hadnt explained them at all.
- thinks ari is displaying clear thought processes in general with just shitty logic, +town points for ari
- sirius has done nothing, continues to do nothing, compares him to vezokpiraka which almost made spit out my water
- re: beeboy meta is trash and yeeting lurkers in team mafia is also hot garbage

that's ab it. there's a lot of v inflammatory commentary in here meant only to soothe my ego so ive edited out a lot of it for time. overall, i have some stark disagreements with him (mostly re: adorable & hectic) but the rest of it feels pretty on point.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Creature »

"re: beeboy meta is trash and yeeting lurkers in team mafia is also hot garbage"

What?
Sigh
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I was paraphrasing there, obviously
AGar's position was that lurkers would obviously be replaced in Team Mafia as opposed to other games, IIRC

I also stood by that position and still do. beeboy did get replaced
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ari's 2374 is the most town looking thing he's posted and it's giving me pause.
green shirt thursdays
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Creature »

I dunno if we're doing it the right way. I feel like doing me -> Ari -> Adorable probably loses us the game by then.
Sigh
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Adorable »

Aristophanes I want to know what associatives is Dannflor talking about when he mentioned me because he didn't even say much about me and he only says that I am having chats with my team.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2387, Adorable wrote:Aristophanes I want to know what associatives is Dannflor talking about when he mentioned me because he didn't even say much about me and he only says that I am having chats with my team.
Yeah I think my team has a hard time with you directly tbh.

Dann was meaning moreso that you're prevalent in RCE's Iso but there's not much like, actual interaction with him there. It mostly comes from RCE's treatment of your slot.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

ari, can you ask dann: why didn't he keep up with this game over the others, even if it's boring? it's the easiest to keep up with because of how slow it is, so shouldn't it have been more... manageable? compared to the other ones going on.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Ydrasse wrote:ari, can you ask dann: why didn't he keep up with this game over the others, even if it's boring? it's the easiest to keep up with because of how slow it is, so shouldn't it have been more... manageable? compared to the other ones going on.
In post 2374, Aristophanes wrote:Apparently he's not read the game much previous to this simply because it's just not the one he's focused on, but being dead now has more time. Something about being in Masters in TFT as well, whatever that means, which was what he was working on instead of reading here lol

It's mostly been read in bits here and there but he's probably got a good handle on things anyway.
I mean, that was the shortened version but essentially that plus like, because the game is what it is the team gravitated towards the more active and nutso games going on.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by The Bulge »

holy shit sorry this weekend was nutso busy. I need to get in the habit of calling v/la. I'm here tomorrow, bed now.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by xofelf »

VOTE: Unvote

That's a really good Ari post. Like, acknowledging that maybe going would help people to solve better will always register well for me. Also after watching the Marathon Survivor tonight, I feel a lot better about Ydrasse and Hectic. Like, it'll mean very little to most people, but just, having an idea of what it looks like when people are pressured or lying and just their general sort of vibe kinda helps me a lot and is something I look at and is a bit universal between LSGs and mafia.

So that leaves me with Creature and Adorable and question marks. Adorable I've never known what to do with and I still don't. Creature's iso is very sparse, and there's this defeated feel to it all that I can't quite pinpoint why it exists, but it doesn't quite feel like the same sort of lethargy the game is having. Reck, talk me through both of these slots, would you? We've been pretty on par thinkingwise a lot, so I'm curious where you would put them.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:08 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2392, xofelf wrote:but it doesn't quite feel like the same sort of lethargy the game is having
Lethargy?

We have just mislynched, I'm about to get mislynched and looks like there are two other mislynches on the line. All because someone probably has their head very up their ass.
Sigh
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2393, Creature wrote:
In post 2392, xofelf wrote:but it doesn't quite feel like the same sort of lethargy the game is having
Lethargy?

We have just mislynched, I'm about to get mislynched and looks like there are two other mislynches on the line. All because someone probably has their head very up their ass.
this sounds more sure of your reads than what you've expressed up until now
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 747, Creature wrote:DGB just gave me the green light on lynching RCE
In post 749, Creature wrote:
In post 734, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: RCEnigma

I’m fine if people want to wait and see more, but I think I’ve seen enough to be comfortable with an elimination here
Me too, but I don't want to end up being pressured all day tomorrow and feel unable to scumhunt due to that wagon
In reading through Creature these posts (made after I say RCE is scum and vote him) feel significant. Particularly because despite saying this, Creature then proceeds to suggest an Ari wagon and start attacking me because of my suspicion on RCE.

It's the sort of thing that I find to be strange from both scum and town and so it could be worth talking about.

I still can't convince myself away from Creature today (and am especially unmotivated re: wagoning Ari) but I have enough uncertainty to be keen to discuss things.
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Black Hole Defection »

Don't play Sami in 2base
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:01 am

Most Slay the Spire clones are garbage
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:01 am

Nuzlocke is a roguelike
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 am

I should delete this sig if this is a buffer account. Yet, it's such a good sig.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”