xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by xofelf »

=/ I am not a fan of this Reck, how dare you.

But also, I'm not available for anything til tomorrow at the earliest.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #108 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:29 am

Post by xofelf »

Gotta say the multiposting thing is going to kill me. It just feels like noise for the sake of noise and my eyes kinda glaze over as I read it. I also can't keep track of which is which, and who they're supposed to be underneath the alt, which is making that slot so much harder to read.(I also don't remember if it was just one of the public alts hyperposting or both, so that's a bad sign)
I am liking DV so far. The questions do feel like they're coming from a genuine place. I guess the term is solving? But it just feels like good reaction poking and I'm here for it.
Ari my love, why do you feel funny to me? There's this tone underneath your posts that don't quite feel genuine and more performative. Idk if it's AI, I just know unlike usual, reading your posts made my nose wrinkle up.
That's what I got for now.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #262 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by xofelf »

Checking back in with the following:

Datisi, I was waiting for Ari to actually respond to my question before I explained more on how he feels off, and he's still not done so which is rather annoying. I have liked what you've been giving, but you do feel like you're a little overanxious here bud. Idk if that's your usual gig or not, but I don't really think it's anything AI.

Summer Nights/Ydrasse just rubs me in all the wrong ways. Early start was all endless fluff for the sake of posting, but once she you know stopped all of that, she is not consistent whatsoever. Like in one post she's talking about how she really likes how one person is doing, and then the very next about them is talking about how she doesn't feel good about them. And that's hella sus. I don't think I've ever played with her so I have no idea if this is out of character or not. It also feels very noncommital in a way that gives off "don't look at me, I'm harmless" vibes that don't feel genuine but fairly faked. It also seems like her opinions on people were dependant on how they were interacting with adorable. Which brings me to my next person.
Adorable. Something just feels off. Early on she spent an awful lot of time in establishing just what her meta is or isn't, and some very specific expectations she has of scumplay. Which to me felt like a way to be like "look, I'm not doing *these* things, I can't possibly be scum." and "as long as my behaviour is following these rules I've established about my gameplay, then i *must* be town" and I ain't about that kind of stuff. I agree she took a while to answer DV, but as a person who posts very infrequently and often misses stuff directed at me, I didn't mind that. But then her later pointing out how someone else didn't answer a question she asked them wasn't great. A lot of her content being what her team thinks rather than her, also feels funny to me. But I've also never played a Team Mafia before so this may just be par for the course. I just don't like what she's bringing to the table. But also, Summer did an awful lot of defending or explaining for adorable(ctrl-f has adorable show up 20 times in that iso, some of which are quotes, but most are Summer herself), and yet adorable has only talked to or about Summer once, and it was just a direct question that Summer asked her about what she liked in the game. It felt like a softball you'd throw to a scumpartner to set them up for a read or misdirection. I just don't think that a town player would just completely ignore someone who is talking for them that much. Even just a thank you or acknowledgement post, but there's nothing.

So with all of the above in mind, I think Summer Nights and adorable are together in some capacity, and I think it's because they're scum together. But of the two, I am going to VOTE: Adorable
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #485 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hi sorry, the last few days have been a lot IRL. I know I had a couple of questions and comments directed my way which I'll get to as soon as I can. Got a couple of pages to catch up on too. Crossing my fingers that today is better.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #594 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 593, Creature wrote:
In post 592, xRECKONERx wrote:there is zero reason to believe my annoyance would come from scum instead of town
Scum can be pretty annoyed too. I remember in my last scum game I was pretty annoyed and wanted to complain about stuff I probably wouldn't complain if I were town. It's anger that is easy to fake because you feel genuinely angry and it could also get you cred from players who think anger = town.
Mate, you must not know Reck if you think that Reck being annoyed or angry is indicative of any alignment whatsoever. Dude's just hella passionate and irritable, usually justifiably. It's NAI. If he wasn't being annoyed, that would be more suspicious.

Also, working on a catchup here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #597 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by xofelf »

Sure, scum may be more likely to complain about it. But
Reck
complains about thread activity, gimmick posters, and spam posting regularly enough outside of games that it's just his opinion on the whole thing and shouldn't be the basis for a scumread on him. It's not enough on its own. That's all I'm saying. Think about the specific person not just the alignment.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #608 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 282, Datisi wrote:ydrasse, deas, the council has asked if you can put down a vote or something i dunno.
In post 262, xofelf wrote:Datisi, I was waiting for Ari to actually respond to my question before I explained more on how he feels off, and he's still not done so which is rather annoying. I have liked what you've been giving, but you do feel like you're a little overanxious here bud. Idk if that's your usual gig or not, but I don't really think it's anything AI.
why did you bring it up, if you don't think it's ai?
I said I don't *think* it's AI, was sorta hoping for clarification from you or people who know you better than I do about whether or not that's just you as a person or how you play games. I think you and I have played only the one game together(it's possibly two and I suck at remembering), and I was in a hydra in that one so I wasn't working nearly so hard to notice things and get reactions. Your posting since has sorta calmed down in a way that does tell me it might just be how you start games traditionally.
In post 298, Augustus Caesar wrote:alright, next let's talk about xofelf's . an oasis in the war. content in the barren landscape. a pencil sharpener in the parking lot

firstly, the read on Summer being too fluffy or disingenuous: this is NAI for Summer and shouldn't be read into too much. can town!xofelf see that as scummy though? absolutely, so that's okay
Oh so this is just how she typically is? Okay, thanks for that.
In post 298, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 262, xofelf wrote:Like in one post she's talking about how she really likes how one person is doing, and then the very next about them is talking about how she doesn't feel good about them. And that's hella sus.
this part i don't like as much because specifics would be very helpful rather than a vague assessment.
@xofelf:
care to help an old friend out?
Sure, I'll go dig out the posts in question. I don't typically link to specific posts as my reading of a person or slot is done holistically and more of an overall tone than specifics, but I can dig out the specific posts I was talking about.
....which I realize that I just misread who Summer was talking about so she didn't actually flipflop on Bulge like I thought I read when she was talking to Datisi when I made up this post so uh nope, that's a bad. Maybe I do need to always link to posts if I think I see something D:[/quote]
In post 298, Augustus Caesar wrote: xofelf's theory about Summer/Adorable being aligned i'm not a huge fan of. Adorable has been the pivotal talking point of this game so far, being the slot that people have had the strongest townreads on, while others have had polarising solid townreads on. it's natural she talks about it and i don't think the extent to which she does is unusual or over the top. she has other content talking about other slots which aren't based on puff-stuff (puff is adorable btw)
@xofelf:
if there's a particular point on adorable that you think is forced on Summer's part, could you point me to it and why you don't like the reasoning?
Do you have to use a nickname and not her username? I get it's cuz of the avatar but for whatever reason you say Puff and my brain goes "but Pinkball's not in this game? who are you talking about???" every time.
But that aside, I didn't like 157 cuz at the time it happened Datisi's interactions with adorable made sense to me, like he voted a slot he thought was doing confusing things. Just all of his interaction made sense to me, so it felt really weird. But also it felt like the kind of things you would say if you were trying to give an example to a less experienced scumplayer to follow. That hey, if you interact more here, you can make Datisi look worse perhaps and you look better. It might just be Summer is a helpful person in general. Just it all pinged really poorly for me.
In post 298, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 262, xofelf wrote:But also, Summer did an awful lot of defending or explaining for adorable(ctrl-f has adorable show up 20 times in that iso, some of which are quotes, but most are Summer herself), and yet adorable has only talked to or about Summer once, and it was just a direct question that Summer asked her about what she liked in the game. It felt like a softball you'd throw to a scumpartner to set them up for a read or misdirection. I just don't think that a town player would just completely ignore someone who is talking for them that much. Even just a thank you or acknowledgement post, but there's nothing.
Does Puff seem like the type of player who would thank someone defending her, or just let them? because i don't think she's the former
hmm, actually, i do get why you get the impression it's odd puff isn't really interacting with summer as much as she is the others talking about her, but i think part of that is because puff has mostly just been responding to people asking her questions, and summer didn't ask her any after the initial one way back
Idk what kind of player she really is. I've never even heard of her before Team Mafia. It's more just a thing I'd expect people do as people. If someone is helping you out with something or explaining for you in a better way than the words you just used, you thank them. But like, town should be working together so if someone is helping you and you're town, you thank them, no? Idk, this might just be a me thing cuz it just makes sense that that's what you do, especially if you're town. But also like, if someone is talking about you that much, ignoring them just feels really really weird.

@Ari, yes your wallposts did help. Though idk, still felt really weird. Like you coming in with your big wall was all performative. And that's really what my initial you felt off came from. Maybe you're doing your you want people to think the best of you schtick, but it felt saccharine in a bad way. In a no "look see, I'm sweet innocent Ari, I promise!" way. You do raise some really good points and I don't think the content is completely bad. You've moved to null for now. There's just something man. It's not that you don't read genuine this time, it's rather I don't quite get how you're reaching some of the conclusions you are. Then again, I have to remember, you always want to see the best in people always, so your conclusions follow the same sort of logic.(I learned a lot about how you think and why during your video confessionals, see!). But I definitely don't like you comparing my lack of activity to beeboy's. I've posted shit and been trying to contribute in the way that I can. Beeboy has done nothing at all so even putting us in the same basket I don't like.

Breaking for now as that was the stuff I had to directly respond to as far as I recalled. Lemme know if I missed anything. I do have further thoughts about what is currently happening.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #703 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by xofelf »

I really hate this case on Datisi. Ceph was already telling me that he's got a scumread on Bulge, and the whole contrived feel on this case he's got only makes me believe Ceph's reads more than I already do. The push is bad, the slot feels bad, it's just bad.

Do we have an update on that beeboy replacement yet?

Ari still confuses me, but idk. That might be a sortable later slot. Some of his stuff is good, and some of it just causes nosewrinkles which are never good. But I'm not really sure how to explain why they happen.

I also hate this case on Datisi cuz I really like Datisi's posting and feel really good about him, he's one of my top townreads atm.

Reck is also very up there on town reads, not just by me, but also by Ceph. And I usually am never sure if I'm reading him correctly, so having the backup confidence is real nice.

If the site doesn't go all dumb later tonight again, I'll probably do a more in depth thoughts post.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #827 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:10 am

Post by xofelf »

God, do I really only have 8 posts? Well, now I feel bad. I know I'm a less talkative player, but damn I didn't realize it was that drastic. Good news though, I think I've fixed my sleep schedule so I'll actually have time to really get into things.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #829 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:01 am

Post by xofelf »

RCE's entrance is actually really decent one. It sucks that he's replacing into a slot that is just so empty, and a game that is so lethargic. But also, guys, we have 3 days and there is a single wagon, the fuck are we doing? We all need to step it up.
In post 618, Datisi wrote:
In post 608, xofelf wrote:
In post 282, Datisi wrote:ydrasse, deas, the council has asked if you can put down a vote or something i dunno.
In post 262, xofelf wrote:Datisi, I was waiting for Ari to actually respond to my question before I explained more on how he feels off, and he's still not done so which is rather annoying. I have liked what you've been giving, but you do feel like you're a little overanxious here bud. Idk if that's your usual gig or not, but I don't really think it's anything AI.
why did you bring it up, if you don't think it's ai?
I said I don't *think* it's AI, was sorta hoping for clarification from you or people who know you better than I do about whether or not that's just you as a person or how you play games. I think you and I have played only the one game together(it's possibly two and I suck at remembering), and I was in a hydra in that one so I wasn't working nearly so hard to notice things and get reactions. Your posting since has sorta calmed down in a way that does tell me it might just be how you start games traditionally.
it's not ai. it stems from me absolutely hating being executed and trying to be townread, regardless of my alignment. also i'm an anxious person in general. up to the reader to determine if it's town or scum anxiety, i guess.

and it's two games actually, the second one being haunted village, but i barely played in both those games, so.
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification :)

Wait, you were in haunted village? I never register alts and hydras to a person for whatever reason.
In post 761, Datisi wrote:@xof, where did that read on bulge come from, you didn't mention it before? also how is that bigger post working out?
Honestly that's pure Ceph. I personally forgot Bulge was in the game he had made such a null impression on me, but Ceph had brought it up so I mentioned it, that's really it. And well, the post I made last time was partly it? I really just want to look over everybody again and give impressions I get as I do, but uh, my schedule has been fucked lately where other priorities came first, BUT I woke up early today, I'll definitely have time, the question is always will I have effort.
In post 762, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 608, xofelf wrote:I said I don't *think* it's AI, was sorta hoping for clarification from you or people who know you better than I do about whether or not that's just you as a person or how you play games. I think you and I have played only the one game together(it's possibly two and I suck at remembering), and I was in a hydra in that one so I wasn't working nearly so hard to notice things and get reactions. Your posting since has sorta calmed down in a way that does tell me it might just be how you start games traditionally.
Datisi was also in a hydra in the Haunted Village game you played a while back, and he was scum! See if that changes your impression of him in any way.
It doesn't actually. I know how I play is markedly different when I'm in a hydra and when I'm not. Since I have people to be actively discussing things with and getting reads from, what I post and how changes accordingly. And a lot of people work that way. But thanks for pointing it out :)

In post 608, xofelf wrote:Sure, I'll go dig out the posts in question. I don't typically link to specific posts as my reading of a person or slot is done holistically and more of an overall tone than specifics, but I can dig out the specific posts I was talking about.
....which I realize that I just misread who Summer was talking about so she didn't actually flipflop on Bulge like I thought I read when she was talking to Datisi when I made up this post so uh nope, that's a bad. Maybe I do need to always link to posts if I think I see something D:
I like that you're writing this post in-real-time like this. I think the misinterpretation is NAI but this realisation in this manner is slightly towny.
Thanks, that's typically how I do catchups and reads. It's how I'm thinking and in order as much as possible.
In post 608, xofelf wrote:Do you have to use a nickname and not her username? I get it's cuz of the avatar but for whatever reason you say Puff and my brain goes "but Pinkball's not in this game? who are you talking about???" every time.
But that aside, I didn't like 157 cuz at the time it happened Datisi's interactions with adorable made sense to me, like he voted a slot he thought was doing confusing things. Just all of his interaction made sense to me, so it felt really weird. But also it felt like the kind of things you would say if you were trying to give an example to a less experienced scumplayer to follow. That hey, if you interact more here, you can make Datisi look worse perhaps and you look better. It might just be Summer is a helpful person in general. Just it all pinged really poorly for me.
Idk, I think Puff is a much better name for her than Adorable, I like the sound of it.
Regarding that Summer post, don't you think it'd be much better suited to the scum PT if its aim is to give Puff some advice or something to follow? I agree that the take itself is a little too tinfoily for my tastes though; the Datisi interaction read fine to me.
Puff is growing on me, much like a fungus, so it's fine I guess. I mean maybe it would be better for a scum PT, but I guess I've been so rarely inside of one that I don't really recall anyone using a scum PT in that way to consider that.
In post 608, xofelf wrote:@Ari, yes your wallposts did help. Though idk, still felt really weird. Like you coming in with your big wall was all performative. And that's really what my initial you felt off came from. Maybe you're doing your you want people to think the best of you schtick, but it felt saccharine in a bad way. In a no "look see, I'm sweet innocent Ari, I promise!" way. You do raise some really good points and I don't think the content is completely bad. You've moved to null for now. There's just something man. It's not that you don't read genuine this time, it's rather I don't quite get how you're reaching some of the conclusions you are. Then again, I have to remember, you always want to see the best in people always, so your conclusions follow the same sort of logic.(I learned a lot about how you think and why during your video confessionals, see!). But I definitely don't like you comparing my lack of activity to beeboy's. I've posted shit and been trying to contribute in the way that I can. Beeboy has done nothing at all so even putting us in the same basket I don't like.
I like this assessment, seems genuine
That's cuz it is ;)
In post 780, RCEnigma wrote:Xofelf -

I don't really have a lot to glean from this iso. More questions for xofelf than commentary on play or anything alignment leaning.
I prefer questions anyways, so this works out for me.

In post 780, RCEnigma wrote: - An actual hot take and for a second I considered this could be a real possibility, less so for summer bringing adorable up a lot but for Adorable largely ignoring Summer flat out. They show up in Adorables town reads later (?) I think, which lends a little more to this take. I'm not sold on it but I do want to prod xofelf more here.
Prod me in what way?
In post 780, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 597, xofelf wrote:Sure, scum may be more likely to complain about it. But
Reck
complains about thread activity, gimmick posters, and spam posting regularly enough outside of games that it's just his opinion on the whole thing and shouldn't be the basis for a scumread on him. It's not enough on its own. That's all I'm saying. Think about the specific person not just the alignment.
Ok but what is your read on Reck independent of his complaints?
Reck is one of my townreads. Pretty sure I said that in a later post, but if not, I'll say so. I just like what he's putting out, I like that we are thinking similarly on a lot of things. And he's not doing or saying anything which makes me feel weird about him.
In post 780, RCEnigma wrote: - I'm going through this iso and kind of just nodding along with Hectics questioning. I guess what I would add on here is, do you believe summer would be more willing to coach adorable in thread when they could get more benefit from pt discussion?
Also in a hypothetical where adorable flips town how do you feel about summer defending adorable in that moment?
As I said above to Hectic, it is a valid point that a PT discussion would be much better. It just felt like coaching is all I can say. In that hypothetical though, it does change how I feel about Summer actually. And tbh, more of Summer's posts have felt okay since my initial read. Adorable not so much, but Summer at least feels consistent even if I don't always agree with her. What she says doesn't conflict or feel like moonlogic.
In post 780, RCEnigma wrote:There isn't a lot of substance to the ari read but it's a gutread so that's fine I guess, or any of the reads given. But I do like the back and forth with Hectic and the willingness to concede that their premise was flawed regarding Summer instead of doubling down to fit their read.
Unless I'm basing reads on things from my team, all my reads are gutreads. That's just me as a player. Sometimes there's actual conflicting posts, but that's a rarity for me to notice. I don't think I've double-downed on a stance I've had unless I've had concrete evidence, and there is none so far here.
In post 780, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 703, xofelf wrote:I also hate this case on Datisi cuz I really like Datisi's posting and feel really good about him, he's one of my top townreads atm.
What changed here from your earlier null pings?
Just the way he explained what I was reading from him before changed the null to positive, as well as the fact that he's been one of the most consistent in trying to engage in the game. I honestly think that in a game this stagnant scum benefits so much more from nothing happening in the game, and that feels like a point in his favour. I just get this sense that he's genuinely trying to sort this game in spite of the slow crawl.
In post 780, RCEnigma wrote:I guess that can wait for the in depth reads when that comes.
Overall as null as it gets, the adorable/summer take reads genuine and is the kind of paranoid line of thinking that I generally gravitate towards as town. Would love some real time with this slot though.
I can't promise you'll get much real time with me, while I do tend to read to be up to date on things, I don't tend to do actual real-time as reading games and responding to games take two separate amounts of effort, and I'm usually high up on the reading part and less so on the responding.

More posts later, I have an LSG to review.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #831 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:52 am

Post by xofelf »

I did vote somebody. Apparently my vote isn't listed anymore? I don't recall unvoting either.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1057 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:27 am

Post by xofelf »

Ceph said that if it were him he'd yeet RCE, so sure. I don't know much about balance, but a N1 vig claim doesn't sit right with me, too convenient. And I really want some sort of concrete information, so:

VOTE: RCE
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1102 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:57 am

Post by xofelf »

Hi there, was busy when game started up.
I find it interesting that yesterday I was being looked at as being scummy if RCE was town and I hammered, but today now that he's not town, I'm scummy still? But also it was peta who was side-eying me for that hammer, if theoretically I was in fact scum, why the hell would I let that be the shot? I just look at all of these pieces and feel very:
I get Adorable didn't like my previous read on her, or apparently at all how I read anybody, but come on girl. This ain't it. Sirius is right, most of yesterday was gutreads, why are you singling me out for it? Is it just cuz I stated that's how I work or do you just dislike that I thought you and Summer could have been a team so much that you've got your teeth buried into it like a bulldog and you're never going to let it go?

I don't know what to tell you DV. I'm probably just overthinking posts in general. I'm trying to put effort in to be the most helpful I actually can be to make up for having a very broken care meter about most things lately. Sorry about that.

FWIW, Reck is right, really only Ceph is reading everybody else's games, he's our MVP. And is better at explaining me than I seem to be. The post about only having 3 days was not about RCE specifically, but rather the fact that personally I find it difficult to stay engaged with a mafia game, but so much less so when the entire game feels like they aren't engaging much at all. It takes me a lot of effort to any posts because either people are already saying what I want to say in so many more better words than I can and having my iso just be littered with "this" seems counterproductive, or I don't have anything new to contribute.

I remember I had some thoughts about some stuff I was going to post when day started but I have forgotten what they were. If I do remember, I'll come back with them.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1104 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:02 am

Post by xofelf »

hi Datisi. It's not that I wanna murder anybody in particular, but I was talking over Bulge with Ceph. I meant to look him over today to see if I could see what Ceph was seeing.

how about you, friend? Anybody look particularly yeetable?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1106 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:21 am

Post by xofelf »

Looking him over now. There's an interaction that he has with peta in #650 that feels overly defensive and aggressive in a needless sort of way. I don't remember that being Bulge's style, but I can't remember what or if I played with him where I actually have a sense of him. It just feels weird, especially now. Also his whole vanity wagon schtick was just pure theatre, of what sort, I don't know but it was absolutely a performance and it was very clear from his posts so far that he was always going to say it was you, it felt needless. But also considering his followup was to be then "now let's look at how Datisi and peta are partners!" was just meh. I didn't like it when it happened, but I like it less now. But idk, the way his post since daystart has had that feel of the wind out of his sails doesn't exactly feel fake. And it could be an actual re-evaluation that he's doing, or it's performative. We'll see when he does come back with these notes he's said he's taken and how he goes about it. So I guess re him, I'm more confused, I could put him in either camp easily. Misguided town or performative scum, equally valid reads I feel.

I still need more from Summer. Her posts after I talked about whether or not she and Adorable were a thang, kinda made me feel a lot about her where I think she's just nice and helpful. Adorable still pings weird, but at this point I can't tell if it's just my personal interaction with her or if I still think she's scummy. That feeling of a pair faded a lot, which could be intentional on their parts after it was talked about, but it doesn't feel that way. Or at least, Adorable's side of it doesn't feel that way.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1108 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:45 am

Post by xofelf »

Sorry man, lots of text that says nothing sums up my mafia play. Sometimes I have good points, but you kind of get train of thought directly.

I think nice and helpful is NAI. Her end of day felt frustrated, but in a way that felt like town watching the rest of town be idiots for not just killing the obvious scum target and worried that the vote wouldn't go through or another vote would happen. I know she had been put up as a flashwagon, but her reaction didn't read like it was caught scum but rather town being genuinely frustrated and mad that they were even a wagon at all when there was an obvious scum needing to die. It just felt like a genuine reaction to stupidity tbh. Not from a place of guilt.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1113 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by xofelf »

Adorable: The fuck? That's how you view things? Interesting. That's a real weird take. Like do you mean Datisi specifically, or a blanket anybody who has gutreads should be policy-yeeted whether they're scum or not because they are negative-town utility? Cuz that's a bold take.

Datisi: Hmmm. That's an interesting point. Why wouldn't RCE push that angle to save himself? But at the same time, I kind of feel like that's exactly why he wouldn't. If he's pretty sure he's going be yeeted anyways, why not make the counterwagon to him be heavily questioned the next day about why he didn't push to save himself? Like, if you're pretty sunk regardless, why not make people as suspicious as possible so at least the garbage slot you replaced into gets some actual impact on the game? Maybe I'm getting a little too... i think wifom is the applicable term here, but like.. idk, I can see a valid reason not to vote the counterwagon for maximum headfuckery on what seems to be a very unengaged town.

Pedit: Adorable redux: So, you're saying it's literally nothing, okay cool.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1115 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay, sure, but you also had Reck and Datisi as scum reads before and then said you had town leans on them, but at no point have you fully explained why you have town reads on them. The closest I can see is you said they were participating. You are wildly inconsistent.
Let me show you what I mean:
In 438 you talk about the beeboy slot not participating which is scummy. And then in 443 you say, and I quote "I often find myself scum reading players who are participating." and not even words later, "Earlier I was scum reading Datisi and Reckoner who have been participating and now I have been leaning town on them."
So which is it? And this is the closest to an explanation you give for your no longer scumreads on Reck and Datisi. You don't go more in depth, so it's real hard to follow why you think these things. You did respond to a post Reck made further up that said you might be leaning less scum, but you don't do that for Datisi. And you don't give actual theory or logical reasoning for this. You just say you like it, which is what a gutread often is!
Like you talk about people having gutreads being distracting to town, but what are you doing? Cuz you're impossible to follow and understand. I don't get you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1153 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by xofelf »

Acknowledging the prod. But considering there was only a page and a half in the meantime, I didn't exactly feel there was a rush for me to do so earlier like I had initially intended. I was waiting for some more responses, but I guess I'll have to work with what I got, but tomorrow.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1178 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by xofelf »

Or my entire day got eaten up and I am far too tired to give the post I intended to.

I will say, while I get why Creature is looking at my actions and reasoning them to be bad, I don't typically hammer at all in any game, I rarely vote for that matter. I was trying something new upon the recommendations of the only person in my team actually giving any sort of effort. Adorable I think has just been looking for anybody else to vote me first, so I'm not surprised by that one either.

Hoping today reset my caremeter enough that I can actually jump into this with some excitement. Also maybe I'll start my day with this rather than try to do it later in the day. That might be smarter.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1204 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by xofelf »

*wrinkles nose* Summer, why would you ever put a vote on a wagon you don't believe in? What is the point of that? What. At least Creature and Adorable had their own actual reasons for it, yours is gross and nonexistent.

Also, Adorable, what I meant more was I think I would be more surprised if you didn't vote me when there was a chance considering most of our interactions have been more of the adversarial sort. In actuality, I think you putting a vote on me raises my opinion of you as it is consistent with how you've been so far.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1207 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1205, Augustus Caesar wrote:xofelf, want to lend me a hand on The Bulge and give them some more motivation to come back and do things?
As in vote him? Maybe. Like, having a bunch of votes doesn't always motivate people to engage. I know I've had a lot of votes on me just make me not want to bother and I don't want to give anybody else any further reasons to feel demotivated by this game. But maybe actually giving him specifics to address will be more effective?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1225 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

I think at 3 that's enough for DV to actually engage more. Might just be a carryover from LSGs, but I really only like to vote for somebody that I actually think should be eliminated. I can give pressure with questions just as easily.

That being said, I do think you have a very good point with all of this. It is a bit sus with the timing and all. So hey DV, what's up with *gestures at Hectic's posts* care to explain?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1430 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:22 am

Post by xofelf »

Ydrasse switching to her main just feels like theatre, and not fun theatre. That being said, some of her points feel like good ones. I think she's noncommittal in the same sort of way I tend to be, she's just better with words and consistency. I'm not really sure what I think about her, I keep flip-flopping on whether I like her. Ceph says she's scum though, I'm not sure if I agree.

I don't like Ari's pop in either. But I've just not liked Ari's presence and lack thereof in the game, and that really sucks cuz I was looking forward to playing with him.

Hectic(I refuse to try to parse which gimmick head I'm talking about, cuz I'm too tired for that shit) is still giving good content.

Reck keeps speaking the grumpiest parts of my thoughts so eloquently.

I did like DV's response to why he did what he did. It's what I'd expect questioning on him to be like if he's innocent of ulterior motives. I'm not saying he can't be lying, this just doesn't feel like the way he lies or reacts when he's been caught in a lie or misleading action. I don't think I've played much mafia with him, so this is LSG knowledge, so take that as you want.

I know a lot is just rehashing shit I've said before, but *shrugs*. It's what I got today.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1432 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:42 am

Post by xofelf »

Was planning to read over the slots I actually feel actively meh about, and then decide from there. I like to have an actual something to point at for a reason to vote rather than just "idk, feels good enough to me, rng it" and I don't have enough of that for anybody right now.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1562 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1544, Aristophanes wrote:Where the hell is Xof?

I wanna play with Xof!

I saw them lamenting my lack of activity a while ago but now I'm here and they are not :(
I was really excited to play with them!
xof is being very busy and running out of spoons before they can get to things. I'll try to put this at the top of my effort list tomorrow, okay? But you'd better be here and doing things, or I'mma be mad >:(
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1614 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay hi, this got pushed further down my list than I intended it to. I get it, my lack of interaction and engagement comes across as AI, I wish it was, it's just seasonal depression. But! I am going to say fuck it and do shit in spite of it.

So we're going to start with making a decision about Ydrasse. She's scummy. Let me tell you why I think she's scummy. She's kind of queen of stalling. If you look through her iso, a good half of her posts are wait I'll get to this later or now I can do things! and then not doing anything. Now I know this coming from me, is especially pot kettle. But let me give you an example of what I mean. Let's take a look at 1249, she's got this energy to really bite into this game, and I know I was excited to see what she was going to do with it. And then she spends her next god I don't know how many posts with some real weird interactions with Hectic. Maybe they're friends or whatever, I really don't care, she does nothing actually constructive with her posts. She just creates noise, and with a game that is already apathetic with interaction, it doesn't feel like a towny thing to do to add posts that don't do anything towards solving. That just feels like upping page count to maybe kill motivation of reading and posting for a game which is already suffering.
The first time she gives content, it's a reaction to Bulge's read list which, she only says "yeah bulge is town for this." "+town bulge" and does not elaborate on any part of what she actually agrees on for content. She does suddenly engage with Datisi, and writes up 3 paragraphs of why she thinks he's town, but it's also just a lot of extra words and a lot of it is just meta related talk. Which kinda feels like she has enough past experience with Datisi to specifically point out past situations that will make Datisi feel a certain way about what she's saying rather than have him just look at the words she's using and this game alone. And then she does revisit Bulge in 1415 and it boils down to "oh his reads are similar to mine" which anybody can just say.
And then there's that whole weird whatever the fuck in [urlhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12585717#p12585717]1515[/url] like, if this is a joke what the fuck, how is this a funny thing? But also, this does not seem like the time or place for yet even more shitposting.
But I'd also like to circle back to some of the only information we have and can theorize about, peta's flip. I wanna take a look at post 910. He votes for her for a lot of her fluff and then disappearing, and not doing much of anything. And it could be argued that a lot of her OKAY I'M GONNA DO STUFF, is in reaction to Peta who was town and looking at her style of play and wanting to attempt to look like she's doing things in order to not have the same suspicion on her.

So Ydrasse is still doing the make posts for the sake of posts and content that doesn't mean anything under much scrutiny at all. So, with that in mind.
VOTE: Ydrasse

P-edit: Ari, when I had initially looked to post this morning, you had promised to do stuff and you hadn't actually done anything and I was real annoyed. BUT in the rest of the day since, you've actually stepped up to try to do what you promised. Keep it up. I'm still not sure where to put you, but you're giving some amount of content so hackles are down for now.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1617 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by xofelf »

Sure, what's up?

What don't you like?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1620 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

Maybe it's not a good game for it, but at the same time, it's not a good game for town to do filler fluff. Like it's a net-negative no matter which way you slice it. I also talked with Ceph for a while about Ydrasse to try to figure out why he thought she was scum, and a lot of the posts I brought up came from that discussion. In the post of mine you're quoting, I said I was flip-flopping. Cuz there is a lot that has made me think she's not town. And there's some stuff that could be town because it does remind me of myself a little, just the whole of it all just sits bad with me. So much of her content is nothing, and she has a lot of posts. I'd expect more effort to actually do something of some kind from town. Like yeah I know I'm not great, but I'm trying and I give what I feel about what's going on and try to give posts to actually justify this.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1624 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay, why not? Also, if any of your reasons are meta, that's not going to mean anything to me so, try to keep it this game focused or more mafia theory centered, yeah?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1627 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by xofelf »

For the sake of looking to be doing something, absolutely. I don't find that to be AI, I really don't.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1630 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by xofelf »

Like, okay, look. I think we go about looking at reasoning fairly differently. Like if you said would Ydrasse do this, I might think about it. But like, there's a lot of stuff that isn't outside of the kind of things scum would do to look town. Like playing in a way to appear like a poor player is entirely within the realm of things people can and do often do. Like I look at Ydrasse's behaviour here, and a lot of her interactions with people specifically look like trying to behave a certain way with certain people to get specific emotional responses. Like, the people she knows, if she says this thing in this way to them, then it'll give them good feelings and vibes so of course she has to be town, right? I'm not saying town doesn't do that either, but there is something about the way she does these interactions that feel like a performance or almost gamebotty to borrow an LSG term, it's like if I put enough of the feelings coins into the interaction slot, town reads will pop out.

Maybe Ceph is wrong, but like, I'm playing with him because I trust his reads much more due to more experience than I have. And something just sticks out in a way that doesn't gel right.

P-edit: Lol okay. Well don't apologize, just fix it >:(
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1961 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

I know, and I'm sorry. I've had a lot of RL shit going on. I think the DV wagon is a mistake, I could get behind Ari I guess, but he's not in my top should die list. I know you're confident in your Ydrasse read, but I'm really not, and the more you harp on about how you're 100% right except for that one time, the more I feel even worse about your read. Cuz god, it just feels like she knows how to AtE you just right to save herself and I'm not buying it to be legitimately, I'm just not. Bulge's claim is a good one and I buy it. Datisi and Reck are my top town reads. Sirius is just a slot that isn't doing much, but like could actually just be town. Creature idk where to slot, but i dont' feel bad about it. I think I've explained feeling how i feel about Adorable.

So essentially, I am only down to vote Ari, Ydrasse, or Adorable. That's it. As it is, those are all slots that i feel like knowing their alignment will confirm a lot of things and make the game more solveable.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1983 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1969, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 1961, xofelf wrote:I know, and I'm sorry. I've had a lot of RL shit going on. I think the DV wagon is a mistake, I could get behind Ari I guess, but he's not in my top should die list. I know you're confident in your Ydrasse read, but I'm really not, and the more you harp on about how you're 100% right except for that one time, the more I feel even worse about your read. Cuz god, it just feels like she knows how to AtE you just right to save herself and I'm not buying it to be legitimately, I'm just not. Bulge's claim is a good one and I buy it. Datisi and Reck are my top town reads. Sirius is just a slot that isn't doing much, but like could actually just be town. Creature idk where to slot, but i dont' feel bad about it. I think I've explained feeling how i feel about Adorable.

So essentially, I am only down to vote Ari, Ydrasse, or Adorable. That's it. As it is, those are all slots that i feel like knowing their alignment will confirm a lot of things and make the game more solveable.
I was wrong in a marathon game which lasted 30min, I'm correct on all forum games - the sample size being 7(?) I think. 2 in which she was scum, 5 in which she was town. I'm not gonna repeat the reasons but the AtE wasn't designed to target me, it was genuine emotion
That's great for you man. But that just reads anecdotal to me, and sure there's a lot of them, but that doesn't mean anything to *me* specifically. Now if you can contextualize it solely in the realm of this game and only this game, then sure I can get behind that. I guess just coming from a perspective where I know that a lot of people can be aware of their own perception and work really hard at managing it to fit what they know people expect them to have means I find it really hard to believe things completely at face value like that. Like sure you may actually mean all of this, and this may all be true, but I don't know that for sure and there's nothing that says you can't just be lying about it. So like *heavy shrugs*.
xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1970, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1963, xRECKONERx wrote:I was literally checking in to see if I need to hammer and Creature unvotes. Are you fucking serious.
I though you were refusing to hammer DV or xof?
I don't want to but literally a town lim is better than no lim since it at least PROGRESSES the game

We don't lim anybody, we're stuck in these same circual fucking stagnant arguments tomorrow just with a dead PR if Bulge isn't lying
This is the problem I'm finding as well. Which is also why my list is what it is, as they're particularly arguments that if we clear up then we'll actually know something and have something new to chew on I hope.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2007 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1988, Augustus Caesar wrote:
In post 1983, xofelf wrote:Like sure you may actually mean all of this, and this may all be true, but I don't know that for sure and there's nothing that says you can't just be lying about it. So like *heavy shrugs*.
I'm not the type of player to exaggerate reads as town. If I say I'm really confident about a read, it's because I'm really confident about it. Datisi has a first-hand example where I had a strong townread on another player who I have a very good readrate on from another game, and town didn't sheep my read after my death and lost as a result. Aware this is also anecdotal, but I'm not tunnelled or confbiased or whatever you want to call it in this.
Sure. Like, I'll know this later if we play again, but that does not help me right now in this game in this moment. If you're right, you're right, that's great. But idk man, there's just shit about her behaviour that doesn't sit right with me, and even if you're able to be like "Nah trust me, this is fine cuz of xyz in other things" that doesn't exactly mean much to me when I wanna know why those are things right now in this game and from her, and her explanations and reactions haven't given me enough to actually see what it is that you're seeing. Additionally the way I see it, if it is in fact the case that I'm wrong, then we'll have a lot more information to actually sort out a lot of other people just based of what she has said and done. And at the very least that's beneficial imo.
Creature wrote:
In post 1630, xofelf wrote:Like, okay, look. I think we go about looking at reasoning fairly differently. Like if you said would Ydrasse do this, I might think about it. But like, there's a lot of stuff that isn't outside of the kind of things scum would do to look town. Like playing in a way to appear like a poor player is entirely within the realm of things people can and do often do. Like I look at Ydrasse's behaviour here, and a lot of her interactions with people specifically look like trying to behave a certain way with certain people to get specific emotional responses. Like, the people she knows, if she says this thing in this way to them, then it'll give them good feelings and vibes so of course she has to be town, right? I'm not saying town doesn't do that either, but there is something about the way she does these interactions that feel like a performance or almost gamebotty to borrow an LSG term, it's like if I put enough of the feelings coins into the interaction slot, town reads will pop out.

Maybe Ceph is wrong, but like, I'm playing with him because I trust his reads much more due to more experience than I have. And something just sticks out in a way that doesn't gel right.

P-edit: Lol okay. Well don't apologize, just fix it >:(
DGB really hates this post
Yeah well, DGB and I don't always see eye to eye in games a lot, though I don't know that I've played with them when they weren't scum and I was town.

Do you wanna do Adorable, cuz I can do Adorable. I am very into getting a solid read on that slot too.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2181 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 am

Post by xofelf »

Nooooo, not Datisi :( I didn't expect that at all.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2183 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:49 am

Post by xofelf »

They, Hectic. It's they.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2187 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by xofelf »

You'd better >:( (They say with much affection.)

Idk man, just Ydrasse is like a pebble in my shoe, sometimes I don't notice and it's fine, but when i do it annoys the shit out of me.

Also the chaos of EOD I feel very =/ about. I get we didn't exactly lose anything with Sirius as he wasn't contributing all that much, but that also means we didn't sort anything with that vote and then we lost an actual contributing slot. And it sure felt like trying to get as many claims out in one shot as possible, and I hate that shit.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2189 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 am

Post by xofelf »

I just don't like things touching my feet hectic. :(

But I'm not going to press on it for now, we have a lot of mess to sort through I think.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2208 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

Doc leashing is bad and dumb, please do not.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2272 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by xofelf »

I've been dealing with a toothache since yesterday, hoping it gets less annoying where it doesn't interfere with thinking as much as it has been today. I will be back with thoughts when they're actually somewhat coherent again.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2299 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:59 am

Post by xofelf »

It's a really good dive on Ari, it really is. I'm in a weird spot where the idea of you misleading people is very loud in my head, but also like you make some real good points regularly that I can't entirely ignore either. I do think you pretty much hit the nail on the head about all of the really weird Ari behaviour so far though, and I really don't hate that as an option. And I like how many of the things were this game relevant, thank you <3.

VOTE: Ari
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2392 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by xofelf »

VOTE: Unvote

That's a really good Ari post. Like, acknowledging that maybe going would help people to solve better will always register well for me. Also after watching the Marathon Survivor tonight, I feel a lot better about Ydrasse and Hectic. Like, it'll mean very little to most people, but just, having an idea of what it looks like when people are pressured or lying and just their general sort of vibe kinda helps me a lot and is something I look at and is a bit universal between LSGs and mafia.

So that leaves me with Creature and Adorable and question marks. Adorable I've never known what to do with and I still don't. Creature's iso is very sparse, and there's this defeated feel to it all that I can't quite pinpoint why it exists, but it doesn't quite feel like the same sort of lethargy the game is having. Reck, talk me through both of these slots, would you? We've been pretty on par thinkingwise a lot, so I'm curious where you would put them.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2451 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 am

Post by xofelf »

Very bad brain day today, sorry.

Am reading along, but long thoughts are a nope today.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2588 (isolation #44) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 am

Post by xofelf »

*sigh* That's unfortunate. I need to do a lot of rereading and shit. I really am not liking how we've had 2 rounds that have had quickish to death wagons that ended up being town and didn't clear much of anything up at all.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2624 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by xofelf »

Temporary V/LA: til Friday

I should have put this up last night, but I ran out of spoons.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2659 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

Ugh, this is not what I wanted to come back to, but considering we're at almost everybody claiming it seems I don't have any choice in the matter. I'm Datisi's mason partner.

If I'm being seen as playing careful, it's more I've never been a mason before. And was figuring it out as I went.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2661 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeah we really do need to do something. I know my engagement hasn't been great, I've been falling behind on a lot of things. I know that for a lot of people me hammering came across as really weird, but it was something I had talked to both Ceph and Datisi about doing, and a lot of things I've said were after long conversations in the mason PT.

Weirdly, I find Ari trying to help make things actually happen to be a good thing. We don't have Hectic hyping us up(which honestly, feels like why he was the kill) so I'm okay with Ari stepping in to try to do that same thing.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2664 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yep. It's just you two. Everybody else has, only Bulge and I have said anything other than VT.(I think, unless I missed one)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2688 (isolation #49) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 am

Post by xofelf »

Yeah uh Ydrasse, I don't follow your reasoning for this either. You were in danger of elimination a few times, I actually thought you had claimed already too. I forgot that pushes melted off of you where you hadn't before either. I don't think this is a slip by Ari, but it sure sounds a little like desperation from you to suddenly jump all over that fact.

BUT that being said, I did look through your ISO just to see if maybe you had said something, and there was a post early on when you switched to this where in what looks to be a typo, could actually be a crumb about being vt instead because it was after Hectic said he needed something from you to sort you, and it's your post responding. This could also just be purely coincidental and actual typo.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2690 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:06 am

Post by xofelf »

Okay fair, thanks for clearing that bit up for me then.

Idk though, like, I don't think it's so THIS IS SCUM KILL IT WITH FIRE from Ari. But I at least understand a bit more where you're coming from, thank you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2694 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by xofelf »

YUP NO MORE EXCUSES, I CAN EFFORT HERE NOW.

Look, I didn't realize Team Mafia was starting the same exact time as Barely Survivor. I've been freaking out trying to figure out how the fuck do I juggle playing this AND constantly checking in on the game. And the answer is *poorly* SO my spoons are free, they can now be zeroed in here. But like, tomorrow.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2715 (isolation #52) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:38 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2712, DeasVail wrote:Also why was Ydrasse so upset about the claiming when she thought xofelf was scum???
In post 2713, DeasVail wrote:Bulge's reaction to the claim: Oh good! I don't have to think xof is scum anymore.

Ydrasse's reaction to the claim:

Spoiler:
See, I've been wondering the same thing. Most everybody else reacted to it in the way I'd expect, but not her.

That being said though DV, you know I get suspicious any time you're sinking your teeth into something, you know that right? You being stubborn I expect, you questioning things I expect, but you being accusatory always gives me pause. And I can't tell if it's just it feels so out of your nature or just it's what happens when you're playing mafia vs LSGs. It was like that time you were asked at FTC to insult all the jurors, it just felt so unnatural when you tried and you didn't really try either.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2720 (isolation #53) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:13 am

Post by xofelf »

V/LA

I'm so sorry, idk how soon I'll be back in this. But the moment i can be, I promise.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2733 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:11 am

Post by xofelf »

What. I know I'm loopy from pain, but the fuck kind of reachy logic is that? Who would actually do that? That sounds like an attempt at galaxy-brained play while being the smallest brain play imaginable.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2753 (isolation #55) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:28 am

Post by xofelf »

Hi, I am sorry. Between recovery and my computer shitting the bed the other day, my focus has been fucked. BUT today y'all can have a fair bit of it. So lemme give you some of the thoughts i've been having about everyone(yes, literally everyone. I felt the need to regroup the other day).

I gotta say, very little has truly changed my suspicion about Ydrasse or Adorable. The only thing in Ydrasse's corner was hectic, and he's gone. Which setting her up for a misyeet? maybe. But I can't help but notice just how many times Ydrasse got strung up only for there to be a last minute switch that wasn't her, and also was some towny who wasn't really doing much but if anybody thought about it for a second, would have seen they weren't more scummy than other targets.

Adorable is a fucking mystery. I think I just don't understand her, I'm not gonna be able to see anything she says or does in the context of if it's scummy or not because she's so baffling. Nor does it help that she's been so zeroed in on me after one comment i made day 1. But I really hate her recent exploration of why she thinks hectic died, that it's something to make her look weird or something. And like, she looked weird without his help. So idk.

Ari is somebody that I can't quite box. He's been particularly helpful, but is it helpful cuz somebody's gotta step up, or is it helpful with an agenda? Fuck if I know. But at the same time, knowing stuff Ari's had going on and all, I can see him just being busy or whatever elsewhere.

Reck I think I've just had far too many of the same thoughts for me to see him as anything but towny. None of his usual shady vibes are happening. But also if it is Reck, I was never going to be able to see him as anything but town, just no.

DV was one I wasn't really sure about, but I think it's just the difference between LSGs and mafia that i'm catching, not scummy. Also talked him over with Ceph and he agrees.

Bulge for several reasons I fully believe and the universe in which he's been scum the whole time is one in which town was always going to lose and we lost like 2 rounds ago, so yeah.

So our last scum is somewhere in the pool of Ydrasse, Adorable, and Ari. I worry about any of those being our choice, BUT it *has* to be, right? And I do think Ydrasse is the one which clears up the others. If she is town, I think it sorts out so much more of the game. But, I don't wanna vote until Bulge has been around a little more to chat.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2755 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:34 am

Post by xofelf »

No, not singular. Like the category of scum. Look man, I woke up a bit ago and I hurt, first thing I did was post here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2757 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:43 am

Post by xofelf »

Haha, no worries. Nah, sorry, I did the thing I do with words where I didn't include enough context so it sounded like I meant something else.

But anyways, like... the three of Adorable/Ydrasse/Ari need sorted. At least for me. They're all very big question marks that once solved resolve a lot of the other question marks for me and in context of a lot of the other votes and flips we've had I think makes us understand this game and win it.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2759 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 am

Post by xofelf »

DV is definitely a question mark, you're not wrong. I spent a long time talking to Ceph about him the other day though, and I placed a f2f game at the last Survivormeet, that I swear he was town for, and he was a lot like this. I remember thinking he was scummy and I was wrong. Ceph said that typically what DV scum does is like almost make allies of other town people in order to get the agendas pushed that he wants, and that is definitely not what DV is doing here. And that most of how DV posts then is making posts to be clearly townread, and he's also not doing that here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2761 (isolation #59) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:14 am

Post by xofelf »

I'll ask. I'll poke him anyways cuz talking stuff out with him is super helpful sometimes, and he's the only one of the team who checks in at all.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2787 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:37 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh well, I was going to vote when I woke up, seems I didn't need to. Anything else to get out before tomorrow?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2792 (isolation #61) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by xofelf »

Cool, this is a tomorrow problem. But we expected this. I'd have had more questions if this didn't happen.

Pool for me is still question Adorable/Ari a lot.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2803 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:29 am

Post by xofelf »

I'll give more in a little bit(today has been a rollercoaster of *gestures vaguely* and a surprise computer) so I'm not fully here. I do want you to give a little more to DV's post if you can, Reck. Adorable has been in my PoE since Day 1, and a fair bit has been her interactions with Ydrasse, and Ydrasse flipping scum has not cleared Adorable for me either. She's still... doing some weird shit that I don't understand. She was someone Datisi and I talked at length about as was Ydrasse. I wanna go back over some of that when the first Ydrasse wagon fizzled, cuz I remember coming to some conclusion about what it meant re Adorable that is escaping me right this second. Like there's a possibility I've just had these blinders on all game, but they kept me focused on Ydrasse all game and I was right so *shrugs*.

DV just feels like he's being super stubborn, that's what it feels like more than anything else. Like sure, he could be wrong on it, but I don't think he's scum for making it. Even the parts that he forgot that Reck brought up, those just feel like the kind of thing DV would have forgotten about in a natural way. It just feels like an attempt at solid analysis and from the perspective of trying to solve this game so we win.

So for me, I wanna solve Ari and Adorable. But I wanna look at them before just yeeting them into the sun. I could see a world in which either of Reck or DV are the last and I am made of dumbs, but at the very least, I don't know that the flips we've had actually say much either way about either of you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2806 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:46 am

Post by xofelf »

That's why I want to be very very careful before we do *anything*. Like, if we fuck up, I am definitely dead, no question. It's not nearly so easy as it appeared. The plan *is* good to look at a very specific pool, BUT we need to be very very careful in the shot that we take. And yeah, shit's on fire, so it'll be a little hard to have spoons for some of it. It's the top of my pile tomorrow to look over shit now that we have Ydrasse flip.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2808 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:49 am

Post by xofelf »

You'd best not or I will come up to Canada and kick you in the shins and FROWN at you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2812 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:59 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2809, Aristophanes wrote:xofelf wrote:
That's why I want to be very very careful before we do *anything*. Like, if we fuck up, I am definitely dead, no question. It's not nearly so easy as it appeared. The plan *is* good to look at a very specific pool, BUT we need to be very very careful in the shot that we take. And yeah, shit's on fire, so it'll be a little hard to have spoons for some of it. It's the top of my pile tomorrow to look over shit now that we have Ydrasse flip.
xof, I'm not saying this for pressure but the vote today probably hinges entirely on where you vote. When you have the time and energy, I hope you do some figuring out here. I'll be around to talk with you and help get to a conclusion whenever I can be.
Oh I know that. 100%. I am *aware*. There's a duty with being seen as conftown, and I intend to do something with that.

It's gonna sound stupid but like, I may wanna like...... Schedule when I plan to do this so I can have the most of y'all around for it and maybe we can talk shit out live? Is that stupid/doable?

Also good, it was crafted just to you <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2818 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay so... not tonight.. Thursday night? I may post some more shit before then, but like... I'd love to have people actively around say......... 9ish EDT?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2820 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hahahaha. I can also do Friday.

I just know tonight is nope, and I want to give myself a couple days to dive in, maybe post in between.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2822 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by xofelf »

Like, if y'all can also look at shit in the meantime, that would be great.

Also talk to your teams, will be trying with mine. We're real close to solving this completely. We could just be done with it today, let's make it happen.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2825 (isolation #69) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeah uh, a *lot* has happened, I do not know if anybody is in a place to contribute much for a bit.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2834 (isolation #70) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:30 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2828, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2803, xofelf wrote:Even the parts that he forgot that Reck brought up, those just feel like the kind of thing DV would have forgotten about in a natural way.
I think it's important to point out that there is nothing that I forgot
That's honestly fair, I'll admit my reading comprehension has been fucked the last few days.

Thing is, it's not exactly that I think reck is super town, but rather there's at least one person who I don't think is town, and then people that have question marks depending which lens I view them through.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2837 (isolation #71) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:37 am

Post by xofelf »

I know, and I don't blame you for any of that shit whatsoever. I'll thank you for the contributions you do have. You don't owe us shit, do what you gotta, I getchu.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2840 (isolation #72) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:57 am

Post by xofelf »

Okay then DV, tell me how you feel about Adorable then? like are you sure you know where she falls? I didn't say Ari was scum but rather he *could* be. Which is how I feel about you and Reck. I can squint and see the universes in which you are scum and I am dumb. I can't do that with Adorable and I don't know why.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2842 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:28 am

Post by xofelf »

Thanks friend <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2845 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:38 am

Post by xofelf »

I have a killer migraine today. If it goes away once I drown it in caffeine, I'm here like I said I could be. But if it doesn't, I may have to postpone the planned powwow til tomorrow afternoon.

Either way, there's shit to shift.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2865 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:17 am

Post by xofelf »

Okay, I finally did it. Only took me... a whole fuckton longer than I wanted it to, but I did read back over what Datisi and I had talked about. And we did talk about Ydrasse and her associations a lot, and we had come to the conclusion that there was no way her interactions with DV would be s/s and that one I'm real confident about. Even if I find her weird, adorable probably is fine too. Reck was also well within the realms of this person is fine, so I think what this comes down to is, Ari my love, I need to know what you are. I think you've been very helpful in a lot of ways, but you could be doing that as scum too, and I think it's more your nature than it is AI at all. Even given *gestures vaguely* everything, I don't think this brand of anything comes from scumReck. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I trust DV to be able to figure it out. He's been analytical enough in trying to sort things out that I think he'll fix whatever mess happens afterwards. Besides, I wanted to yeet Ari a long time ago and just didn't for reasons I don't quite remember.
VOTE: Aristophanes
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2872 (isolation #76) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 am

Post by xofelf »

Idk man, like... Reck is somebody I've been in line with all game in terms of thought processes. Like, we were looking at things in the same way and it doesn't feel like the way he tells someone what they wanna hear, right? I can't exactly explain it. Like, if I am wrong and it's not Ari, then it's you or Reck so I don't necessarily want to stop you from voting him if it's not Ari here, right? I've seen Reck as scum before and when he's been a manipulative lying fuck, he's not giving me those vibes here. This is just how he feels when he's being truthful. Forgetting shit when he's looking over stuff is entirely his brand, and not from a trying to make somebody look bad perspective. I know gut isn't good enough, but I've been unable to doubt Reck!town as my read for him this entire game and there's nothing he's said or done that's really made me need to reconsider. He feels consistent with what I know about him as a person and a player. There's also some stances he's had which just seem so unnecessarily pitbullish for scum to take. Like he hasn't let go of Ari as needing to go, had the stance about Ydrasse flip not changing much for him and those seem risky and not safe to have ya know? Like people are gonna have some questions and even with as slow and weird as this game has been, I just think that's like dumb to do. And Reck rarely plays anything stupid that isn't shitposting, and this isn't shitposting. Does that make sense at all? I've just looked at this game in a good twelve different ways, and every configuration has kept Reck as town. There's a possibility that I have a blindspot when it comes to him, there really is.

I was also looking at what was in my chats with Datisi, and even ducky had reck in the town pool early on. Ceph has too. Just, if he's not, he's doing a damn good job of it. But I just can't see it any other way. Adorable and Ari have always been the two which they could be either depending what you look at. Adorable could just be someone really weird and totally town. Ari could be helping just to keep looking good and keeping attention from him. And he's been in trouble a few times where he's always done just enough to be valuable, ya know? I'm really torn but I've always needed to have information on one of them.

P-Edit: That's honestly completely fair, it really is. And I've been feeling that since this day started, but I'm just not sure how else to look at it. And I wouldn't expect you to do anything but stick to your guns(backing down would make me squint real hard at you actually so <3).
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2874 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:11 am

Post by xofelf »

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that me being a hedgy indecisive fuck is exactly what was being counted on and why I've always been here when it comes to either Reck or Ari being the last scum. So *heavy shrugs*.

Yeah, you're welcome.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2875 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:17 am

Post by xofelf »

I'll be honest, there's a non zero possibility that part of my confidence on townReck is the lingering leftovers from Barely Survivor. A game where I did doubt Reck a few times about various things, but he wasn't lying to me about the things that he said. And he feels the same exact way to me. Does that help you out in figuring out why I feel how I do, Miss Maggie? <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2880 (isolation #79) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeah, I understand that. Just I'm in this spot where I just can't be sure without concrete evidence, ya know? You've felt weird on and off all game and those sneaky feels just haven't gone away. If you are town, great, then that probably means we have this solved tomorrow, right? Just... idk man.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2898 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:54 am

Post by xofelf »

I'll be real honest Ari, the term scum theatre means nothing to me. I know how it's used and I understand the words, but it has so many different ways of playing out that I can't look at something and instantly think that it is or isn't theatre. This game was really my first real discussion about what theatre *means* in a game context. So no I can't look at that page and say it's not theatre. It could be an honest mistake on your part regardless of alignment. Not all teams constantly talk to each other about what they should or shouldn't be posting. I've only had one scum game where the team talked to each other before posting things and detail checking, I've had other games where that *didn't* happen. So it's not an impossibility that you messed up either way. Idk what to tell you really, very few of your arguments today feel good enough to convince me that my gut suspicion is wrong enough I need to unvote.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2900 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:07 am

Post by xofelf »

That's honestly totally fine, if that's what you think is going on, that's fine. I just can't, it doesn't quite make sense from my perspective. But it's cool if it does from yours.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2918 (isolation #82) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by xofelf »

Uh, what? No? That is definitely not the count. I have a vote on Ari, doesn't Reck also have a vote on Ari?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2924 (isolation #83) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:35 am

Post by xofelf »

I mean uh same. There's not much you can say that's gonna change my perspective. We're really waiting on adorable the. Wh8ch somehow feels appropriate for this game
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2927 (isolation #84) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:18 am

Post by xofelf »

Well it does seem the ball is in your court, cuz the rest of us have stated where we're at, so it comes down to you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2944 (isolation #85) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:02 am

Post by xofelf »

I know I'm being stubborn, but.. Reck and DV have been the people I feel most confident about, and I'm not gonna vote them. It's completely up to you Adorable, and you have to choose and soon. We don't have much time til deadline.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2965 (isolation #86) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by xofelf »

I had a lot of fun this game. Being Datisi's partner was worth, even if I didn't quite pull it off in the end. Kudos to Ari and DV for managing in spite of me <3

P-edit: DATISI!!!!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2967 (isolation #87) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by xofelf »

It's okay. I just left you I miss you messages when it got tough, and that helped.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”