[SETUP] Town of Salem Style

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7, GodofWar wrote:
In post 6, Kerset wrote:Investigates + Protection = no fun
Follow the Cop
This type of set up has plenty of people fake claiming Town Investigative and there are also plenty of ways to counter Town Protective, so I don't think this works in the way you think it does. This set up has low confirmablity and a town protective isn't going to be on any random who claims town investigative. Sheriff is the main cop style role in this setup and is very easy for evils to fake claim, so town protective being on a random who fake claims Sheriff is going to be very unlikely. There are also various ways Mafia can protect themselves from a Sheriff who finds them suspicious. I've designed this setup based around the town of Salem game and think you should reconsider this being unfun
People on ToS don't exactly play optimally. You should by principle stick a doc onto a cop. In fact ToS is probably the most swingy site with how they balance games with their rand, its designed for casual players who barely play mafia.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

nah u follow the cop until the cop fails to deliver a correct report lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

so whos a better doc target?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

those too are easy to fake-claim roles tho lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

ok i looked up some ToS mechs and its so swingy/unbalanced like damn lmao.
there shouldn't be combos that cause 1 team to either gain incredible kill power or IC potential.
retired

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”