Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 3, MiniMegabyte wrote:First!

VOTE: bugspray
In post 4, MiniMegabyte wrote:14 days gives us plenty of time I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where the first day has been 14 days long
In post 5, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: bugspray
In post 6, DrippingGoofball wrote:Choo choo
standard looking opening, seems alright man
In post 9, Gretchen wrote:
Day 1: dear diary, i saw Alice online and thought i'd hit her with a question but then she went offline. maybe she doesn't like me ):
2 week deadlines are crazy to me. i could start up a village, burn it to the ground, and then start up another village in that time. it's a looot of time. at least we'll all be good friends and know each other reeeeeallly well by the end of this. maybe TOO well. idk about you diary but i dunno if i wanna be friends with all these people. there's some sus sounding names on that plist. like entrapta. what's she trying to trap... ta?

as for me? i got town again haha. don't think i should say my role here bc sometimes i drop my diary and menacing maf could read it, but i like it. i mean it's not maf so by default it's golden in my eyes. no gamma or italianooooo to bully this game, but i, wait no, not bullying, that makes me sound mean. no gamma or italianoooooooooo to catch this game. it's fine. maybe i get to take down GERAINTM as maf. we'll see.
this looks interesting, man. You, you got a story behind this?
In post 17, HypoSoc wrote:Many people are familiar with Descartes famous declaration "Cogito ergo sum" (I think, therefore I am), whether through the subjects of jokes, or through exploratory studies of famous philosophers in school, or through general cultural osmosis. What is less often accurately portrayed is the context for this declaration, and the utter profundity of its implications.

To diverge a tad, the science and study of knowledge and its acquisition is known as "Epistemology." Epistemology concerns itself with the questions of "what do we know?" "how do we learn?" and "how can we be certain that what we know is true?" Cursory studies of the subject will reveal that it is actually very hard to come up with strong proofs of knowledge, and that it is logically consistent for everything we think we know to just be a tower of coincidences with no ultimate foundation. We, as a civilization, have "known" this for almost 2500 years at this point, as it was a topic of contemplation for the Pyrrhonists of Greek Antiquity. (If one is interested in this subject, I recommend looking into "the problem of induction" and "the Münchhausen trilemma").

To get back to the point, Knowledge is HARD, and Skepticism seems to eviscerate any attempt at surety. Any given "fact" could be a lie or a mistake or a coincidence. To the existentially inclined, this can be a point of paralysis. But Descartes was able to identify a lighthouse in the swarming abyss of truth: that the EXPERIENCE of THINKING necessarily proves there is SOMEBODY to EXPERIENCE IT. Perhaps all you know is a lie. You could be a brain in a vat undergoing an experiment. Everything you see and feel could be the strange delusions of a comatose space whale. Perhaps 2+2 is 5, but a deficiency in the human brain prevents anyone from ever realizing. Nothing is certain, because the very tools you have to interpret the world, your senses and your reasoning, cannot be proven to work.

But what you can know, beyond this pale void of ignorance, is that YOU exist. Even if you are mad, or diseased, or deceived, or if every experience you feel is tainted and broken, there is a YOU to experience. And from this certainty we can begin to think and dream and live once again.

So, like Descartes, stumbling, grasping, for any source of truth, when all knowledge is lacking at the start of the game, I will cling to the self evident truth:

DrippingGoofball has a funny name! Let's get them out of here!

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
I don't know like half of what you...just said, but...but it sounds pretty tight, man. I like your styyyyle.
In post 22, bugspray wrote:lotus do you think scum are more likely to have more awkward itneractionsw ith eithother compared to lother slots in the fiest fiew pages ebfore they hight he corrext vube?
Man even when I'm absolutely wasted I can at least...form a cohesive sentence. What...what happened to you?
“That’s just like, your opinion, man.”
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 54, clidd wrote:Image

It's always a
hemorrhagic pleasure
to replace in a such illustrious game.

I hope to keep the experience pleasant.
could you explain what that means in like...basic English?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 69, Gretchen wrote:i voted gera bc his entrance was actually weird. like, why is he talking about it being the 20th lmao, if i had to rank that rvs post on a stilted/natural scale of 1 to 300, with 1 being as stilted as stilts, and 300 being as natural as aloe vera, i'd say his post was a solid 40.
off
. and no rvs vote lends to that num btw. anyway that's my only sus so far
I'm not really a learned guy but I would think...would think a scale would have the higher number as the most, uh, the most extreme value of what the, uh, scale is measuring, no?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Da Dude »

@bugspray person: could you tell me, like, what you meant to say?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 84, clidd wrote:VOTE: RLotus
do you, like, think there's a solid reason outing april was a scum move? I don't exactly see what that does for anyone, I just think it's a thing that happened, man.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Da Dude »

how long until this game becomes like, a discussion of stuff that matters, man? On page, uh, 5 and it's...it's...it's pretty much all discussion of who is or isn't an alt.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 130, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 9, Gretchen wrote:as for me? i got town again haha. don't think i should say my role here bc sometimes i drop my diary and menacing maf could read it, but i like it. i mean it's not maf so by default it's golden in my eyes. no gamma or italianooooo to bully this game, but i, wait no, not bullying, that makes me sound mean. no gamma or italianoooooooooo to catch this game. it's fine. maybe i get to take down GERAINTM as maf. we'll see.

this paragraph made me notice it, and with every single post they have made thereafter, i can feel something off with them here
what seemed off about that, man?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 365, bugspray wrote:lotus do you think scum are more likely to have more awkward itneractionsw ith eithother compared to lother slots in the fiest fiew pages ebfore they hight he corrext vube?
lotus do you think scum are more like to have more awkward interactions with each other compared to other slots in the first few pages before they high they hit the correct vibe?
Thanks pal. Not the best reader so things being made plain really helps me out.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Da Dude »

In post 141, Entrapta wrote:Oh I think I misread something last page, that's not as surprising as it should be

I actually think idris is really scummy but that's okay I would never day 1 her, she's too lovely

We will see who is right later I guess
not sure about idris, yidrass, whatever-her-name-is, how she feels to me, man. Need to see a bit...a bit more.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 217, April Ludgate wrote:
HANDY DANDY NOTEBOOK
In post 208, Entrapta wrote:Why are you giving Hypo top TR status off 2 posts?
This post messed with my head man. I ain't even...ain't even playing.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Da Dude »

Hypo top just looks a bit too much like other stuff that's, uh, a bit more...more technical, you know?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 222, Entrapta wrote:Yep!

Really though I don't think you're letting the gamestate develop naturally and like doing 5 lists on people who haven't posted shit probably isn't helping and/or making the thread more readable
Honestly, I think this entrapta fellow might have, er, some point, april feels like they're kinda active but not really doing much to figure...figure stuff out yet.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 290, HypoSoc wrote:So, just a quick sanity check.

As far as I can tell, claiming D4 Innocent Child is not a good move for scum. Unless they have good reason to believe they could secure their victory before then, it just means that, should they be lying, they are guaranteeing their elimination on day 4. Even if they manage to throw everyone off for a few actions, it's not like they would be faking cop, so the damage they could do from everyone assuming they are town is limited.

Playing Devil's advocate for myself, why would scum choose to do that? The only reasons I could think of is if they were trying to Doctor bait. Perhaps a Reflexive Watcher Scum (or a Scum with a Watcher partner) might claim IC if they felt finding a doctor was worth sacrificing themselves... which seems like a really bad trade to me. Also, it feels like a super specific circumstance.

As for why Town might lie about it, it would be trying to NK bait... because they are a bulletproof reflexive watcher or a paranoid gun owner? That also feels like a stretch, if slightly less of one, since those trades would be worth it.

So, my conclusion is that April is Town, even if they are lying about being a D4 IC (which I think is unlikely). Like, if they had claimed to be a Day 6 Innocent Child, I would be insanely suspicious, but for Day 4... It feels like they are trying to turn their time locked IC status into an effective IC role.

Is there anything wrong with my analysis? If not, I'm prepared to treat April as effectively an Innocent Child unless/until it is officially proven.

If all of this is super obvious to everyone, I apologize. I'm mostly working through my own thoughts here.
I...I want to, like, townread this effort, but something...about HypoSoc suggests they are rather wordy as both alignments. I'm not really able to read through this post currently and, uh, break it down to the concepts or whatever. Can someone help me understand what this post is really saying?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 313, Amélie wrote:
Spoiler:
A couple posts caught my attention in RVS which is a couple more than normal so I decided I'd include a section for RVS.
In post 4, MiniMegabyte wrote:14 days gives us plenty of time I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where the first day has been 14 days long
I don't see why you choose to mention this. I did not notice this personally but I don't think it's anything too worthy of noting.
In post 7, AliceK wrote:
That's a lot of time indeed. Let's hope we will manage to eliminate Mafia.
VOTE: bugspray
Out of all the votes on bugspray, this is my least favorite because it feels overly self conscious.
In post 8, Gretchen wrote:heeeeey lmao VOTE: AliceK. why do you think mini pointed out the deadline being long Alice?
I like this vote.
In post 24, bugspray wrote:what are your thoughts on
I saw this post caught people's attention but it's actually one of the most towny things I've seen bugspray do so I think bugspray is probably town.
In post 53, Entrapta wrote:To be clear that replace was 100% nai and had nothing to do with this game, pretty sure

Heeyyy clidd !
I don't understand why you chose to say this. I'd ask what you are referencing but if it is against game rules, don't answer.
In post 55, clidd wrote:By the way, I hope you guys have noticed my predecessor's evidently town frustration.

I wouldn't mind getting some town points.
I think clidd is scummier then everyone else that I previously had problems with. This doesn't feel like something he would say.
In post 65, Gretchen wrote:mini you're so towny lmao. can you get a better pfp bc your current one is pretty maf which doesn't fit. it sounds like clidd repped in thinking art was town so uh, i'm gonna sheep his uninformed read before he repped in and figure he's town. easy.
I take back my townread on this slot for the vote. This conclusion is very strange. Artemia had three posts and I can't even remember what she said in either of the three. Clidd/Gretchen makes a lot of sense given that.
In post 79, Gretchen wrote:loves your eyes. so easy to lose myself in them...
Posts like this make me think Gretchen is even more scummy
In post 81, Entrapta wrote:Amelie's gonna come in here like "wtf is this shit that I signed up for"
Who are you? I am not happy with the amount of useless posts I see in this game.

Town: bugspray
Null: Entrapta, Minimegabyte
Scum: Clidd, Gretchen, AliceK
I tried to look through this post closely, didn't do well but from...from what I did see it seems pretty thoughtful. I think Amelie, can, uh, be like, town, for now.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 314, Gretchen wrote:
In post 302, RLotus wrote:
In post 301, Gretchen wrote:what's scummy lmao
Why did you vote da dude while talking to April? Did you think entrapta was scummy?
april's right and i think that's a maf-like rep. think she overreacted and used it as an excuse to get out of here, must really not like playing as maf LOL.
I'd say you're more right than you know, but I also think the fact you stumbled across something solid like that, uh, it's kind of a bad sign for you? Like, you just threw shit to see what sticks, and, uh, something stuck in the opposite direction?
I think entrapta, uh, tends to have a bit of thin skin just in general. That person is sensitive, man.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 349, geraintm wrote:
In post 348, April Ludgate wrote:Although, that Idris Elba vote got some stank on it
i don't understand this?

i just realised my random vote was on the big wagonUNVOTE:
I feel like...like scum would try to act more clueless? Does anyone know, er...does anyone know if geraint is the type of person to feign ignorance as scum?
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Da Dude »

not exactly keeping good, uh, good track of amelie's thought process, but overall it seems to be towny
not a fan of april not seeing that currently, man.
Da Dude
Da Dude
Townie
Da Dude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Da Dude »

In post 382, April Ludgate wrote:@Da dude - Gretchen, DGB, or Ydrasse, scummiest to towniest, can you rank them for me?
I don't really have strong impressions of DGB or yidrass but like, if I had to rank, uh, those three, I'd say it's something like
Gretchen, DGB, yidrass

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”