Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2623, Adorable wrote:@Aristophanes Are you even reading my iso or not? I have talked about xofelf so many times in past days and how many times do I have to keep repeating myself? xofelf's approach has been careful and cautious, they're not interacting much with the players, xofelf was evasive towards me on day 2 which was scummy, I also didn't like it when they said on day 1 their reads are gut reads because that can be an easy way for scum to throw out a read.

I even quoted you back on which was on day 2 I think it was I said I didn't know what to make of RCEnigma's iso of xofelf when he was asking them questions. On one of my completed scum games from another site before I got lynched with a wagon leading on me I did an iso of my scum buddy and this was for to make my scum buddy look town.

I have been consistent for the most part and I don't like it when players keep changing their reads because it confuses me and I have already had to deal with scum players before who change their reads so much.
This is all great and I appreciate the reiteration of the reasons for the read. I was basically asking why and if anything had changed, which it obviously has not. Thanks!

I don't think it's very common for scum to do that Iso strat and it's a lot of Wine which I don't think is worth reading into but I guess it's fine that you stuck with it. I was hoping for something more recent/relevant but so be it.

As for changing reads, I mean, uh...Like honestly I don't know what to tell you here. My reads have been fluid and have been evolving. It's a good sign from most players when that happens. Like , I'm sorry that it confuses you, honestly. And I'm sorry you scumread it due to past experience, just like the Iso thing. But like, I'm not changing reads in order to confuse anyone, and if anything it leaves me more open to scrutiny. If I hadn't changed these reads, I'dstill be null on xof, you and Ydrasse would still be town, Reck would be lockscum, as would Bulge, etc.
Like, is that a healthy gamestate? Is that really what towns should do??

I really don't like this at all tbh and I think you may be the best elim for today, all things considered.
Consider this a vote for you, which is more being placed officially yet such that massclaim can happen when more people finally get here.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't know that I still see the need for massclaim but I'm not wading into that right now

I've had an extremely bad 24 hours (err more like last 6 weeks lol) so I can't brain at this tonight. Later.
green shirt thursdays
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Understood. Take care of yourself Reck <3
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

everyone in this game: no energy, heads empty.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

(i am mentally drained too)

@adorable: can you explain your progression on me? i don't... remember you taking much of a stance on me ever and like, nothing that low for sure/mentions that would place me there?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 2629, Ydrasse wrote:(i am mentally drained too)

@adorable: can you explain your progression on me? i don't... remember you taking much of a stance on me ever and like, nothing that low for sure/mentions that would place me there?
With the current players alive I have been town reading Reckoner and has been one of my top town read since day 1 along with Hectic. DV is the second player I have been town reading and you are underneath DV.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Adorable »

I thought scum was somewhere within (Creature, Sirius, xofelf) and two of the players flipped town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Bulge baby I need more from you

You too xoffypoo
green shirt thursdays
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:23 am

Post by The Bulge »

yea this'll get a solid evening of attention from me tonight or tomorrow. in the mean time, can someone explain why xofelf is town in as much detail as possible? like give me the entire case. It is insane to me that anyone is townreading them, and a lot of those reads seem very strong, and I just don't see it at all.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2633, The Bulge wrote:yea this'll get a solid evening of attention from me tonight or tomorrow. in the mean time, can someone explain why xofelf is town in as much detail as possible? like give me the entire case. It is insane to me that anyone is townreading them, and a lot of those reads seem very strong, and I just don't see it at all.
xof's reaction to RCE doesn't seem like it comes from a buddy

+

mindmelding with me all game in a way that feels unfakable
green shirt thursdays
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:41 am

Post by The Bulge »

I did a quick ctrl+f of xof in ari's iso and hm

he mentions them in passing or like in relation to other players' reads quite a lot, but very rarely as the subject of discussion. the few interactions they have with each other are awkward. Jingle gave xof a very sure-sounding townread without explaining at all, and Dann didn't mention xof. ari hasn't made his opinion of xof's slot known this day phase yet.

I know I'm looking at a pre-flip but I think it's fine at this stage to start looking for solves that way. also im just lying in bed rn on my phone and haven't put any effort into this theory aside from skimming the ctrl+f results, but it's something I want to pin up for later.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:48 am

Post by The Bulge »

ok actually I'm seeing xof posts addressed to/about ari that seem unpartnery.

but I don't see what your saying wrt RCE? xof engaged him calmly and unaggressively, didn't put any pressure on him, and then hammered, saying they didnt believe the claim. casting doubt on the claim is obv not something a buddy wants to do here, but when it's in the same post as the hammer, it doesn't matter.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1098, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1094, Adorable wrote:Can anyone tell me what do they think of Xofelf? I did not like it when they called me and Summer a team. When I iso Xofelf at they said along the lines of, "guys, we have 3 days and there is a single wagon, the fuck are we doing? We all need to step it up." What did Xofelf mean by this? They also said their reads are gutreads but I don't like gutreads.
xofelf strikes me as disengaged and ineffective but I'm not sure that's alignment indicative. xofelf isn't a standard mafia player, as in, they don't play a lot... and if you look at their whole team, it's comprised of people who may have a tendency to not be as engaged, which in turn wouldn't spurn xofelf to more activity. (Contrasting to my team, where if I start to fall behind or lose motivation, AGar or Keely will kick me in the ass to jump back in.)

I don't think xof lambasting people for being scattered on diff wagons is really bad but:

- 829 is such a blatant defense of RCE that I cannot imagine xof would've done that were they buddied with RCE. I know that I am probably flirting with "too scummy to be scum" again, but I'm more specifically talking about how xofelf FRAMES RCE in context. It's not about how pro-town RCE is, it's about how empty and lethargic the game is.

- xof has had the same thoughts as me at very similar points in the game, which is always going to be +townpoints in my mind.

- xof is going hard on calling me town, when I expect scum in a similar position would see some momentum shifting my direction and drop some little shade here and there to open me up as a viable mislim later on. Instead, not only is xof doubling down on that, they're bringing in Ceph's reads on me as well to solidify the position. Sure, it could be white knighting, but to what end? I wasn't under a ton of pressure, so it's not earning them any town points.

The ONLY point against xof that I am having trouble grappling with is the hop back onto RCE at the end. It's a little on-its-face... it feels like a very weak reason to get on that wagon to get some last second town points. Like, if I'm scum sitting off the RCE wagon, "well idk ab this but my teammate said to do it" is about as hamfisted and forced as it can get. So there's a world in which I guess 1057 is a scumpost meant to bus a buddy with "N1 vig claim doesn't sit right with me". But the body of the rest of xof's work isn't pointing to scum-xof imo.
green shirt thursdays
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 am

Post by The Bulge »

thanks
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 am

Post by The Bulge »

hm I do see what you mean about 829. the first paragraph almost feels like tmi, but obv not in a scummy way with rce's flip, like accidental town tmi from leaning too hard on a bias jafeel

that hammer is not great, tho
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:00 am

Post by The Bulge »

if xofelf rolled scum in team mafia into this playerlist, who would they fear the most?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:02 am

Post by The Bulge »

what I'm getting at is you could have been specifically targetted for a pocket. I don't really buy the mindmelding/whiteknighting points personally
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Uhhh I don't know if xof fears me necessarily, I'm actually not sure xof has enough mafia experience as of late to fear *anybody*

I also didn't see much active pocketing going on I guess it was more like me picking up on things put down, which would be a v subtle form of pocketing?

The hammer is weird yeah it's my only sticking point re RCE/xof, but I just... if xof made 829 as an RCE buddy I will be fucking floored
green shirt thursdays
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2591, DeasVail wrote:I can confirm that I am a VT
I can also confirm I an VT as claimed.

Popcorn to adorable

Claim plz.
- Jingle
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2626, xRECKONERx wrote:I don't know that I still see the need for massclaim but I'm not wading into that right now

I've had an extremely bad 24 hours (err more like last 6 weeks lol) so I can't brain at this tonight. Later.
Why are you fucks browbeating a massclaim through here like what
green shirt thursdays
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Because it's the proper thing to do today and it's stalling so pushing on it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

So I'm pushing on it*
- Jingle
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Adorable »

I don't mind claiming since I said earlier that I think we should mass claim today since we have 1 miselim left and mass claiming today is good to narrow things down. Some players want a mass claim while others don't want a mass claim and we all need to come to an agreement.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2647, Adorable wrote:I don't mind claiming since I said earlier that I think we should mass claim today since we have 1 miselim left and mass claiming today is good to narrow things down. Some players want a mass claim while others don't want a mass claim and we all need to come to an agreement.
ummm 4/7 players have claimed. You, xof, and Reck are all that's left.

Claim.
- Jingle
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Adorable »

I'm vt.

And now that leaves xofelf, Ydrasse, and Reckoner.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”