Rude Admin: PenguinPower Preventing me From Playing

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
GodofWar
GodofWar
Townie
GodofWar
Townie
Townie

Rude Admin: PenguinPower Preventing me From Playing

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:56 pm

Post by GodofWar »

I was refused entry to a Newbie game by Moderator 'PenguinPowers' because of two accounts that I have. One was created in 2014 and was never used, I couldn't even find it in the members search and the other was created in 2017, was activated, but a post had never been made. Why should I be interrogated and held to ransom over accounts I made years ago when I was a teenager. I was accused of being an "alt". The accounts were never ever used, so I'm not an alt. Just because I signed up years ago, doesn't mean anything. I just signed up based on recommendations and must have been busy around the time and never got around to playing any games on this site. Why should I be prevented from playing games when I never even used the accounts? Makes me want to leave again and never come back. I found it very rude tbh. So what, I made a couple of accounts years ago, which by the way I barely remember making. They were never used so I don't see the big deal. This site isn't special, I should be allowed to play games without being accused of an ALT. If I had played multiple games and posted on an account and then signed up to another account and tried to play, then that would make me an alt. But just because I signed up to this site years ago and never got around to playing a game, because I was busy at the time, doesn't make me an alt at all.

our chat, conversation starts at the bottom. I was ignored after my last reply

Spoiler:
By GodOfWar

No, I'm saying who cares? Because it doesn't really matter. Those accounts were made years old. Pretty sure Jaydogg was created when I was like 14 and probably wasn't even activated as I can't seem to find it when searching for it, so how about you just stop making a big deal aboit it? As if I'm gonna remember signing up to a stupid site which I never ended up using. Your just wasting my time tbh, if it's such a big fucking deal to you then remove the accounts then and find something better to do then interrogate someone who's done nothing wrong. I would understand if I have signed up and was a troll, but the accounts you were referring to were never used and were made years ago.

by PenguinPower

To be clear - we have gone from you denying that you were an alt and never having played on this site to “who cares.”

This is an alt account and you cannot /in as a newbie on this account. If you need help recovering your main account I can assist with that.

by GodofWar

Platinum, an account which has no posts and has never played in any games, so I don't get where you got the idea from that that account has played in many games. Jaydogg is an account that doesn't even exist when I search it up. So honestly who cares, wouldn't exact consider them alt accounts when they were made randomly years ago and never used.

by GodofWar

Oh who really cares? They were made years ago and I rarely remember doing so, so wouldn't consider them alt accounts at all.

by PenguinPower

That account is also associated with the account platinum which has played in games as well as several alt accounts.

by GodofWar
PenguinPower wrote:

So you have no association to the user Jaydogg?
And account that's never been used? I can't seem to find it when searching for members. Should I really be inteorgatted on an account I made years ago and never used? I probably signed up and never decided to play a game.

by PenguinPower

So you have no association to the user Jaydogg?

by GodofWar

That's a wild accusation, I'm not on an alt. I've never played on this site on my life

by PenguinPower

Subject: Newbie Game Queue (Players and Mods)

GodofWar wrote:
/in as newbie
Alts are not allowed to join as a newbie. You will need to /in on your main or wait until this account qualifies as an SE.

New members do not deserve to be interrogated in this. And this admin just completely ignored me when I tried to sign up again. He eventually just straight up ignored me after I rightfully defended myself
@PenguinPower
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:39 am

Post by Annadog40 »

You could try and get access to your main to play newbie games
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Ircher »

I don't think this is the best way to resolve the issue. You always have the option of going up the chain of command privately if you feel you have been personally wronged by a moderator. The next step would be to contact a different list moderator such as T-Bone or implosion (a full list is available here), explain your grievances, and wait for their response. If you aren't satisfied with that, you can then appeal to Zoraster. I would advise however to try to frame it in a more neutral way than the way it is written here.
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

bye bye
To be clear: quack
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Ythan »

Fascinating.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by Nexus »

He wishes he was an admin.
Trans rights are human rights.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

Anyone know what godof means?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by the worst »

Hi GodOfWar. An alternate account of a 0 poster is still an alternate account. Just to clarify, what do you need help with - are you looking for help with recovering your main?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
GodofWar
GodofWar
Townie
GodofWar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Post by GodofWar »

In post 7, the worst wrote:Hi GodOfWar. An alternate account of a 0 poster is still an alternate account. Just to clarify, what do you need help with - are you looking for help with recovering your main?
No, I was a teen when I made my old account and I don't like the name at all. I want to be able to use this as a main
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 pm

Post by N »

thank god you're no longer a
teen
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
GodofWar
GodofWar
Townie
GodofWar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:40 pm

Post by GodofWar »

In post 9, N wrote:thank god you're no longer a
teen
? If a Mod is rude, ill be rude back. They aren't superior as humans.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

I don't see anything rude they just didn't give you what you wanted. And they're still offering to help.
GodofWar
GodofWar
Townie
GodofWar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 am

Post by GodofWar »

In post 11, Ythan wrote:I don't see anything rude they just didn't give you what you wanted. And they're still offering to help.
PenquinPower ignored me. Another admin is helping cool. Still, new members shouldn't be harrassed and interrogated over an account made years ago. Big fucking deal. PenquinPower was rude about it, so I was rude back.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I see no rudeness from PP. Only thing I see missing there they should have mentioned the other accounts name in the first place.

But seeing as the account 'platinum' has on record 25 posts including what looks to me like game ruining behaviour, I certainly think everything PP had written there is correct.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Solved Requests”