What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Ircher »

I agree that the setup is normal. It might not be something certain types of players necessarily agree with, but as mastina points out, setups with a similar gimmick have been run before.

With regards to fun, I think the main worry would come post-game or after the second mafia flip; that is, when it becomes obvious the role is useless. I'm not sure that a player will really notice the issue/not have fun before then, especially since gunsmiths are known not to be reliable investigatives.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Ircher »

I don't think mass claim is quite as big of an issue as it may seem; in particular, I think in setups like this one with several investigatives, most people are going to assume at least one of them is lying because normally, investigative heavy setups are really tough on scum.

I think the last proposed setup looks fine. Town's power is very solid here and scum have the information needed to avoid bad claims. Scum can probably get the role cop or detective mislimmed if they plan their claims carefully, so I wouldn't be too concerned about massclaim in that setup.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”