Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Isis »

I think this is a little townsided. I need to go to sleep too soon to counteroffer a setup.
One thing I'm looking at here is the that the outcomes where a mason or friendly neighbor is forced to claim day 1 look kind of crappy. Neither role will get eliminated D1, and then N1 it will be really appealing to try to kill the claimed player because that doesn't risk killing the traitor. But the doc protect on the power role is brutal. It's pretty punishing for good scum dayplay and seemingly defensible night play.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:07 pm

Post by Isis »

Masons virtually always function similarly to Activated Innocent Children on MS.net. Site meta is to massclaim in eLo-1, so claiming masons as scum doesn't work, the town eliminates one of the four players that claimed to be a mason pair, and if they guessed wrong they eliminate the mafia "mason pair" in eLo.
If you macho'd the entire mason pair, that'd probably be enough coverage to where I'd be happy to just hope the friendly neighbor doesn't get run up and hope there's not bad beats. The way Ascetic interacts with the Fruit Vendor rather than Macho is appealing.

In the alternative, making the mafia traitor a rolestopper informed that there's a doctor would be cute.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Isis »

Asceticizer isn't a normal role. Personal Rolestopper is very similar and should work. But you don't need to to put passive on all the clearable roles and also provide a personal rolestopper. Those were either/or
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah I should not have said rolestopper without a modifier in the first place, oof
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Isis »

I think this is runnable now. Its maybe more townsided than I would be pumped about approving but there's no more knobs I want to turn. The setup might autobalance itself if the fruit vendor true claims and it seems like town has too much power and that fakeclears.
This absolutely needs passive multitasking for the scumteam

Main knob left that could be turned is gating the friendly neighbor which is probably a worthwhile idea.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah that always gets mentioned in the main thread
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Isis »

Also we usually get previews of results PMs, which in this setup relates to fruit vendor, friendly neighbor, and vanilla cop
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 20, Cook wrote:XXXX has revealed to you they are a member of the Town!
When you actually run the game, changing the pronoun to be specific is a nice touch if you can manage it. MS games get a little more character than botbased games on other sites due to things like that.

The Personal modifier isn't in the Traitor's role PM. It should be in the mafia's role PM and the Traitor's role PM (omitting a modifier isn't a moderator lie for the mafia to learn, but we want to maximize scum power here).

I can't remember whether rolecops see modifiers or not. I think they don't? So that part wouldn't change.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Oh I see you got the personal part correct in the first take of the informed fruit vendor.

I think that's everything on roles and and results PMs, looks good.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #28 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:49 am

Post by Isis »

Rules usually get reviewed yes. There's some flexibility ( some mods can ban gifs, some may not). But there are some bounds that get checked.

Flavor usually isn't reviewed. Normal games are supposed to have reduced flavor but face to face mafia flavor should be okay for a normal.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #30 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Isis »

Any posts made post-flip will be redacted.
I'm assuming this means when you post "implosion has died, he was a Vanilla Townie, Night 1 has begun", if someone posts right after that, you'll redact the post. I don't mind putting that as a rule, but you will have access to the "lock topic" button when you mod your game, and I strongly recommend using that button to make the rule impossible to break. You can even lock the thread and continue making official posts yourself (by clicking the word "lock" where the word "reply" used to be, or the quote button works as usual also). This helps with cases where even a responsible player could be 5 pages behind reading the game and post something they wanted to comment on, not knowing that the game is in night.

You can keep the rule as an explanation of what will happen in a contingency where you forget to lock the thread, and someone who knows the game is in night and knows better posts anyway. But with good moderation that contingency should be very rare.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #31 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Isis »

Nights will end faster if all night actors are finished and a majority of non-actors ask to nightskip
Oh also this Not Ok.
Nightskips have to be voted for unanimously.
They can generate role information otherwise, from player who point out they missed the nightskip vote.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #32 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Isis »

i don't see any other issues
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #35 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah looks like my other comment was nonbinding advisement. So your game is approved.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”