[Complex] Survivor: Barely Survivor COMPLETE!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 21, Ythan wrote:Hey I didn't lose first.
KING
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by Skelda »

Hi Crazy, nice to see you. I have a question about how you handle "strategic minority votes" i.e. votes that for various reasons are knowingly cast in the minority. A lot of times people are knowingly voting in the minority to send a message or to create paranoia or to pander to the Jury or for any number of other reasons. I know it gets very messy to take these into account, especially if players are voting for the people they legitimately want to see gone, knowing they won't go, but I just wanted to know how you've handled this in the past and how much it should be taken into consideration. I know that split votes in the past have not counted against players, but I wanted to know if this logic extended to other "strategic minority votes".
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Skelda »

I would also argue that a relatively large percentage of minority votes could be considered strategic, even if that strategy is just "I'm not going to stab my ally or vote for something I don't want to have happen when everyone already knows where I stand"

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”