Mashies Nominations 2021!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Scummies »

Posts in this thread
WILL
count toward nominations
Feel free to submit
ALL
nominations in thread by making a post in the format linked above.

January 7th, 2022 will be the last day to submit nominations
(expired on 2022-01-07 23:59:59)

Hello, and welcome to the new and improved 2021 Mashies Nomination thread! You'll notice it looks just like the Scummies Nominations thread, and will work just the same. You still nominate in thread like we did beforethere are merely some formatting and tracking differences to make everybody's job easier. This thread may be used for both nomination and discussion. The awards themselves are handed out during the winter season of 2022 during an awards ceremony!

In addition to submitting a nomination, you can also submit an anti-nomination, speaking against a nomination. These will not be listed publicly, but forwarded to the judges who decide to judge.
See the post below on how to nominate someone for a mashie or submit an anti-nom!

The Awards
♩   ♫   ♪
Banner
Award Name
Award Purpose
Eligible Parties
Award Description
The Mashies
Mashtermind
Best General Mish Mash Game
Moderator Award
Any game that is run in Mish Mash -- other than the ones excluded by the category below -- is eligible for this award. It can be a board game! It can be an endless, continuous game with no end! It can be a game show! Hell, it can be a beauty pageant for all we care! What mod really rocked it out and made their game extra special this year?
Best Social Game
Moderator Award
This award can be given to any game that has a decent number of players and relies on social manipulation. Yes, obviously, your Survivor games and Big Brother games will go here. But so can The Mole, or Amazing Race, or any sort of game that involves a reality-style competition. Running these games can be a long, difficult, arduous process, and nobody is perfect, but if you feel a mod did a great job, toss up their name for consideration. With the exception of marathons, every Large Social Game that runs to completion during this year is eligible and will automatically be considered, but nominations help give the games you love that much more weight.
Smash Mouth
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Individual Award
This award goes to the person who best exemplified what it takes to be a great Mish Mash Player throughout the year! They were smart, strategic, and tactical? Check. They were enjoyable, nice, and pleasant? Check. Did you sign up for a game when they did because you wanted to play with them? Then this is the award for them!
Best Mish Mash Newbie
Individual Award
This award goes to the person who's fairly new and has made the largest, most positive impact on the community in the short time they've been here. New players are always getting involved with our section of the site, and everyone should be encouraged to be the best they can be.
Mashterstroke
Best Moment
Individual Award
Did someone say something hilarious in a Mish Mash or Large Social Game? Did they pull off a ridiculous play? Did something happen that was incredibly memorable? This is the award for a moment in any Large Social or Mish Mash game that stood out and should be recognized.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Scummies »

Submitting a Nomination

Please use the following formatting. There's more you can do after you filled out the form if you want to be nice and make our life easier, so keep reading.
Award Name
date [dd/mm/yy] Nominator [This is your name]Nominee [The person you want to nominate]Full Name of the game ["Survivor 20143: Blah Blah Blah" for example. Make sure you use codes to make sure that clicking on the name of the game takes to the game thread or post in question.]Description on why this person should win this award.

Use this award for all awards

Code: Select all

[table][header=5]Award Name[/header]
[row][cell]dd/mm/yy[/cell]
[cell]Nominator[/cell]
[cell]Nominee[/cell]
[cell][url=game link]Full Name of the game or post[/url][/cell]
[cell]-insert your description here-[/cell][/row]
[/table]

OPTIONALLY

If you want to be extremely helpful, you can color the table and text so that its associated with its award category (Town, Scum, Moderator, Misc, or Site). I will leave a key below, but the key thing to remember is that when coloring a table background, you do not need to put a # character in, where as with text color, you are required to put in a # character at the beginning of the hexcolor.
for example table=1d232d and color=#d0e4f8
These are the corresponding colors to each category
Mashtermind, Smash Mouth, and Mashterstroke
Background
: #1D232D
Text Color
: #D0E4F8

Best Social Game and Mish Mash Newbie
Background
: #16398a
Text Color
: #7ac8f5
This table is Blue on Blue by northsidegal

Submitting an anti-nomination

Sometimes a controversial nomination comes along. If you wish to register your dissent, the judges will take that into consideration. You may do so privately by sending a PM to the current custodian of the Mashies Nominations thread (PrivateI) with the following PM title: "Anti-nomination for [username] for [Award]". Please include detailed reasoning. Public or "empty" anti-noms will not be considered.

Declining a nomination

If you wish to take yourself out of consideration for an award, you may do so. Send a PM to the current custodians of the Mashies Nominations thread (PrivateI) with the following PM title: "Request to decline [Award]". Please include a detailed reason why you think this is not your year. This is request is subject to a vote within the Scummies Steering Committee - if a majority of the SSC thinks you deserve to be considered anyway, the nomination will stand.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Scummies »

Mashtermind
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
17/4/2021
lilith2013
Farren
Farren has gone to considerable lengths to accommodate the players in this game and make it as easy as possible for everyone to play, providing tables on tables for player tokens, player development cards, market cards available, nobles available, etc, and updating them in real time each time a player makes a move. Farren's hosting of Splendor has turned into a very popular game in Mish Mash and I think his wonderful modding deserves recognition.
11/10/21
CaptainMeme
Haschel Cedricson
Taskmaster was an absolutely incredible experience, and one that required a herculean effort from Haschel to put together. The tasks were well thought through, and the teams all had great spirit and inventiveness to the point that there are a dozen different moments from this I could nominate for Mashterstroke. It felt very much like the actual show!
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Scummies »

Best Social Game Nominations
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
11/10/21
Malkon05
Bippy, Skelda and Sirius
This was a really well thought out, great game. From the beginning this game had an auction which was bound to jumpstart discussion no matter how it played out, from there a lot of the design encouraged cross tribe, social play in various ways from the cross-comm round, the mutiny round, the 1 round swap, and an early merge. The game was well flavored and a lot of TLC was put into this game. However, the most amazing part of the game beside a well balanced design, were the innovative challenge ideas especially in the late merge of this game. There was a unique twist on the maze challenge, and a pattern recognition challenge specifically that blew my mind. This game catered to a number of different skillsets and really allowed for a very competitive environment. It inspired players to go all out and play this game with a lot of heart. I can't recommend this game enough for game of the year. Well done mods!
26/12/21
xofelf
Cephrir, BipolarChemist, and Captain Meme
This was by and large the best run Survivor we've ever had full stop. The moderation was fantastic and approachable, the game design was flawless. Everything looked really good to. It had some of the least toxic experience I've ever seen in a game. Flawlessly done. Deserves all the praise and more.
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Scummies »

Smash Mouth
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
30/05/21
Save the Dragons
CaptainMeme
For his consistent and amazing portrayal of the fan favorite character Eagle in Survivor of the Fittest.
26/12/21
Malkon
Awoo
Various Games
Awoo has had quite a year. As part of a hydra he won a game and as a solo player he made it to an FTC. On top of that he has spectated multiple games, has participated in many discussions both on the discord and on the ORG forums. In everything he does, Awoo brings his A game and thoughts which always contribute to the active conversations going on. It's not the most in your face, way, but he never fails to entertain, amuse, and participate as an active member of this community and his contributions don't go unnoticed. I think he definitely deserves this nomination because he's been a huge part of this year in the Mish Mash community.
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Scummies »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
31/05/21
Malkon05
CoolCatJune
If winning back to back games in the same week doesn't qualify you for newbie of the year, I don't know what does. Bravo June. You've got my vote, hope you can get all of the other MSers to agree.
31/05/21
Save the Dragons
Gypyx
For his portrayal of Moth. Moth was a brilliant character that showed social chops and was a big threat. His confessional was a joy to read, punctuated with his lämp meme. Although his rise to power was cut short by my next nomination, he continued to spectate the game and was a positive presence overall.
31/05/21
Save the Dragons
ORAM
For his portrayal of Three-toed Sloth. Three-toed Sloth successfully played an idol, one of the earliest successful idol plays in MS history if not the earliest. His confessional is also a joy to read. He made several alliances and that took him to jury.
22/1/2022
Noraa
Emrysmoonchild
Emry played two games this past year and I got to see both of them! In Survivor of the Fittest, she was a very charismatic new player (Elephant) who showed a lot of potential. In Pantheon, she was Papatuanuku, the kindest player who everyone adored and couldn't believe was new. No one in the game believed they were new to the game; Everyone was convinced they weren't new because they were THAT good (poppy's jury management skills were incredible for someone who hadn't spent years playing lsgs). I remember talking with my hydra partner and Hades occasionally about how they couldn't possibly
actually
be a new player ... right? Well, it turns out they are a new player and a very good one. All of the spec posts about her mentioned how positive she was and if 5th place on the character poll says anything about her, it says that everyone loved her.
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Scummies »

Mashterstroke
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
1/22/2022
Noraa
Aronis
All of the players in Pantheon played incredibly well but one player stood out to me and did something that I will never forget. Jesus and Maat and Hathor spent most of the game pretending they were getting married for fun. What never resonated as an alliance or an official f2 offer was set in stone by the engagement ring (a steal vote) that Jesus (Aronis) sent to Maat and Hathor (Mist and I). The entire plan for the game which ended up being the exact series of events that unfolded was created in that moment and it was arguably the most important moment in the game. Had it not happened, the rest of the game may have played out incredibly differently. The steal vote solidified a previously unspoken and very utr alliance. A seemingly bad/meme-y decision turned out changing the course of the game and landing Jesus a guaranteed spot in f3 over one of Maat and Hathor's closest allies, Paptuanuku.
Last edited by Noraa on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Scummies »

Reserved
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Scummies »

Reserved
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

MASHTERMIND
17/4/2021 lilith2013 Farren Splendor Farren has gone to considerable lengths to accommodate the players in this game and make it as easy as possible for everyone to play, providing tables on tables for player tokens, player development cards, market cards available, nobles available, etc, and updating them in real time each time a player makes a move. Farren's hosting of Splendor has turned into a very popular game in Mish Mash and I think his wonderful modding deserves recognition.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Tbh we should have 2 additional categories:

Top QBTMC Player, and Top QBTMC Mod.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by xofelf »

Lol cute idea, but probably not.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i don't know if i should do smash mouth or mashterstroke someone more competent than me can decide

Smash Mouth
30/05/21 Save the Dragons CaptainMeme Survivor of the Fittest For his consistent and amazing portrayal of the fan favorite character Eagle in Survivor of the Fittest.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
31/05/21 Malkon05 CoolCatJune Survivor Of the Fittest, The Weakest Link 2 If winning back to back games in the same week doesn't qualify you for newbie of the year, I don't know what does. Bravo June. You've got my vote, hope you can get all of the other MSers to agree.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
31/05/21 Save the Dragons Gypyx Survivor of the Fittest For his portrayal of Moth. Moth was a brilliant character that showed social chops and was a big threat. His confessional was a joy to read, punctuated with his lämp meme. Although his rise to power was cut short by my next nomination, he continued to spectate the game and was a positive presence overall.

Best Mish Mash Newbie
31/05/21 Save the Dragons ORAM Survivor of the Fittest For his portrayal of Three-toed Sloth. Three-toed Sloth successfully played an idol, one of the earliest successful idol plays in MS history if not the earliest. His confessional is also a joy to read. He made several alliances and that took him to jury.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:15 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Mashtermind
11/10/21 CaptainMeme Haschel Cedricson Taskmaster Taskmaster was an absolutely incredible experience, and one that required a herculean effort from Haschel to put together. The tasks were well thought through, and the teams all had great spirit and inventiveness to the point that there are a dozen different moments from this I could nominate for Mashterstroke. It felt very much like the actual show!
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Best Social Game
11/10/21 Malkon05 Bippy, Skelda and Sirius Survivor: Wes Anderson This was a really well thought out, great game. From the beginning this game had an auction which was bound to jumpstart discussion no matter how it played out, from there a lot of the design encouraged cross tribe, social play in various ways from the cross-comm round, the mutiny round, the 1 round swap, and an early merge. The game was well flavored and a lot of TLC was put into this game. However, the most amazing part of the game beside a well balanced design, were the innovative challenge ideas especially in the late merge of this game. There was a unique twist on the maze challenge, and a pattern recognition challenge specifically that blew my mind. This game catered to a number of different skillsets and really allowed for a very competitive environment. It inspired players to go all out and play this game with a lot of heart. I can't recommend this game enough for game of the year. Well done mods!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by xofelf »

Best Social Game
26/12/21 xofelf Cephrir, BipolarChemist, and Captain Meme Survivor: Three Houses This was by and large the best run Survivor we've ever had full stop. The moderation was fantastic and approachable, the game design was flawless. Everything looked really good to. It had some of the least toxic experience I've ever seen in a game. Flawlessly done. Deserves all the praise and more.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Smash Mouth
26/12/21 Malkon Awoo Various Games Awoo has had quite a year. As part of a hydra he won a game and as a solo player he made it to an FTC. On top of that he has spectated multiple games, has participated in many discussions both on the discord and on the ORG forums. In everything he does, Awoo brings his A game and thoughts which always contribute to the active conversations going on. It's not the most in your face, way, but he never fails to entertain, amuse, and participate as an active member of this community and his contributions don't go unnoticed. I think he definitely deserves this nomination because he's been a huge part of this year in the Mish Mash community.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh yeah, we forgot to put this here when we announced that we were extending Scummies noms,

You now have until the end of Saturday, January 15th, or (expired on 2022-01-15 23:59:59) for nominations!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I should definitely ego this next season
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Noraa »

MASHTERSTROKE
1/22/2022
Noraa
Aronis
All of the players in Pantheon played incredibly well but one player stood out to me and did something that I will never forget. Jesus and Maat and Hathor spent most of the game pretending they were getting married for fun. What never resonated as an alliance or an official f2 offer was set in stone by the engagement ring (a steal vote) that Jesus (Aronis) sent to Maat and Hathor (Mist and I). The entire plan for the game which ended up being the exact series of events that unfolded was created in that moment and it was arguably the most important moment in the game. Had it not happened, the rest of the game may have played out incredibly differently. The steal vote solidified a previously unspoken and very utr alliance. A seemingly bad/meme-y decision turned out changing the course of the game and landing Jesus a guaranteed spot in f3 over one of Maat and Hathor's closest allies, Paptuanuku.

Best Mish Mash Newbie
1/22/2022
Noraa
Emrysmoonchild
Emry played two games this past year and I got to see both of them! In Survivor of the Fittest, she was a very charismatic new player (Elephant) who showed a lot of potential. In Pantheon, she was Papatuanuku, the kindest player who everyone adored and couldn't believe was new. No one in the game believed they were new to the game; Everyone was convinced they weren't new because they were THAT good (poppy's jury management skills were incredible for someone who hadn't spent years playing lsgs). I remember talking with my hydra partner and Hades occasionally about how they couldn't possibly
actually
be a new player ... right? Well, it turns out they are a new player and a very good one. All of the spec posts about her mentioned how positive she was and if 5th place on the character poll says anything about her, it says that everyone loved her.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:37 am

Post by xofelf »

Mashies noms are closed. But if you would like to judge for these, send me a PM by the end of the week. If you judged last year, I'll be checking in to see if you want to do it again. Thank you all for playing and running your various Mish Mash games.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 22, xofelf wrote:Mashies noms are closed. But if you would like to judge for these, send me a PM by the end of the week. If you judged last year, I'll be checking in to see if you want to do it again. Thank you all for playing and running your various Mish Mash games.
Too bad I didn’t find this before I could nominate the ghost hunting game. :/
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”