Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1396 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

BAD IDEA MAFIA III

ImageImage

Have you ever thought that voting was overrated? That you could just take things into your own hands? Do you ever just wish that you could day vig that scum instead of trying to convince 7 other people? Well, then this is the game for you. Bad Idea Mafia has a silly and crazy history on this site, and this is the third iteration of the game, this time with a semi-open setups that prevents the mass claim problems of previous iterations. All VTs are day-vigs and there is no voting, only vigs. If you want to be part of the next iteration of the worst idea in the history of mafia setups, this is the game for you.

I will be taking 5 pre-ins for the game.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1399 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1416 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dogs Vs. Cats Mafia

Finally, a game seeks to answer the fundamental question of our time: Who is better?

Brought to you from the twisted mind of TheStatusQuo, who brought you Among Us and Bad Idea III, Dogs Vs. Cats mafia is a massive 24 player game which promises to keep you guessing right until the very last page.

This game requires 1 completed theme game on site.
Pre-ins available via PM.
WOTM in effect.
Please be advised that my games can and will contain anything and everything. Do not join if you can't handle that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1422 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1416, Thestatusquo wrote:
Dogs Vs. Cats Mafia

Finally, a game seeks to answer the fundamental question of our time: Who is better?

Brought to you from the twisted mind of TheStatusQuo, who brought you Among Us and Bad Idea III, Dogs Vs. Cats mafia is a massive 24 player game which promises to keep you guessing right until the very last page.

This game requires 1 completed theme game on site.
Pre-ins available via PM.
WOTM in effect.
Please be advised that my games can and will contain anything and everything. Do not join if you can't handle that.
Now that team mafia is over I'm going to try to run this again and will put it into signups on the 5th of May. Accepting pre-ins. Currently there are 4 slots available as pre-in.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1430 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The Neighborhood

Just a normal day in the neighborhood, what the hell could go wrong?

The Basics
  • 13 players
  • No source material
  • Lightly absurdist Flavor
  • Coming to a mini theme queue near you...soon.
  • Preins available via PM.
  • No Hydras please.

Pre Ins
  • MURDERCAT

Spoiler: Full Rule Set
The Basics
  1. Day Phase: 8 days. Night Phase 2 days
  2. 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement.
  3. I have some unusual rules, please pay special attention to rules 4 5 and 13 in the general rules section.
  4. I have a "Don't play if you're not having fun" rule. Please avail yourself of it. There's no shame in requesting replacement if you're not enjoying yourself.
  5. Respect everyone's basic humanity. Do not be an asshole to people. Don't be a racist or sexist or really any other -ist. Respect other players displayed pronouns.
  6. This game is not explicitly bastard in the sense that I will never lie to you. However, as in all my games there is a potential for roles that are generally unpopular, non-standard balance as compared to the normal Mafiascum mod meta as well as swing.

General Rules
  1. Have fun. This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
  2. The mod is always right. Always. Yes, even then. However, if you think there’s some confusion, and it absolutely can’t wait until the end of the game, send me a PM; do not break my game because you died when you didn’t think you should’ve.
  3. Days will continue until one of two things happen: a player is killed or a deadline passes.
  4. Please do not communicate with the mod in thread. Mod communication should not take place in the game thread. If I feel your question has an answer that the rest of the town needs to know about, I will make a game announcement. If you attempt to claim this is due to a question you asked I will count that as quoting mod communication.
  5. Do not be toxic in my game. Being toxic is subjective and I am the final say on what that means. If you have a problem with that, don't play my games. But I will forcibly remove players from the game if I feel like they are playing in a way that is insulting or rude to the other players in the game. You don't get to be an asshole just because you're playing a game on the internet.
  6. Do NOT quote your role PMs, OR any other form of communication from me unless it is something I have already posted on this thread. This is a modkillable offense. Depending on severity of the infraction you might get a warning instead of a modkill. Don't test this. You probably won't. Two warnings is an automatic modkill.
  7. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to, in which case you may only do it during the specified times and in the specified threads. This is a modkillable offense.
  8. You’re required to post regularly. I prod after 36 hours of inactivity and replace after 24 hours of no response to the prod. This can be flexible if you PM me in advance.
  9. Once you’re dead, you’re no longer subject to the previous rule. As a matter of fact, once you’re dead, stop posting. I will permit one simple “bah” post and nothing more.
  10. In the event of a modkill, it will end the day.
  11. If a deadline passes without a player receiving the majority of the votes the day will end with no kill.
  12. The days in this game will last 8 days.
  13. If you don't get your choices in, your default action is NO ACTION.
  14. I will be especially harsh on players who are prod dodging. I will count posts with little or no game contact, or a pattern of posts with little or no game content as a prod dodge and will replace you out of my game. I expect activity and I expect everyone to be playing. See rule 1 about replacing out if you are not having fun or do not have the time to play.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1457 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Manatee Mafia

Manatees are awesome.

The Basics
  • 19 players
  • No source material
  • Manatee related flavor. You're a manatee. We're all manatees swimming together in this beautiful world.
  • 5 Preins available via PM.
  • No Hydras please.
  • One completed non-newbie game required for signup

Standard TSQ Game DisclaimerThis game, as well as all games I run comes with a general disclaimer that I disagree with the vast majority of mods on this site on what constitutes game balance. I do not promise that this game conforms to your notions of what game design should look like. My games have the potential to be swingy and use elements that some people do not like (cults, jesters, multiball etc.)

This is not to say that anything like that is in this game, but if you prefer sterile mafia games where you can determine the setup from flipping a few roles then this game might not be for you. If you do not like swing in your mafia games this game might not be for you. You have been warned.

Spoiler: Full Rule Set
The Basics
  1. Day Phase: 8 days. Night Phase 2 days
  2. 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement.
  3. I have some unusual rules, please pay special attention to rules 4 5 and 13 in the general rules section.
  4. I have a "Don't play if you're not having fun" rule. Please avail yourself of it. There's no shame in requesting replacement if you're not enjoying yourself.
  5. Respect everyone's basic humanity. Do not be an asshole to people. Don't be a racist or sexist or really any other -ist. Respect other players displayed pronouns.
  6. This game is not explicitly bastard in the sense that I will never lie to you. However, as in all my games there is a potential for roles that are generally unpopular, non-standard balance as compared to the normal Mafiascum mod meta as well as swing.
  7. Some of these things are obviously subjective, and there's no way to make them not be. I am the sole arbiter of where lines are and what constitutes too much. I try to be extremely fair, but its possible we will end up disagreeing and that's ok. If that is the case, and you disagree with my interpretation of these rules to the point where you can no longer continue playing, that's cool. See the previous rule about replacing out if you're not enjoying yourself. Please do not ignore me and continue to push lines if I tell you to back off on something.

General Rules
  1. Have fun. This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
  2. The mod is always right. Always. Yes, even then. However, if you think there’s some confusion, and it absolutely can’t wait until the end of the game, send me a PM; do not break my game because you died when you didn’t think you should’ve.
  3. Days will continue until one of two things happen: a player is killed or a deadline passes.
  4. Please do not communicate with the mod in thread. Mod communication should not take place in the game thread. If I feel your question has an answer that the rest of the town needs to know about, I will make a game announcement. If you attempt to claim this is due to a question you asked I will count that as quoting mod communication.
  5. Do not be toxic in my game. Being toxic is subjective and I am the final say on what that means. If you have a problem with that, don't play my games. But I will forcibly remove players from the game if I feel like they are playing in a way that is insulting or rude to the other players in the game. You don't get to be an asshole just because you're playing a game on the internet.
  6. Do NOT quote your role PMs, OR any other form of communication from me unless it is something I have already posted on this thread. This is a modkillable offense. Depending on severity of the infraction you might get a warning instead of a modkill. Don't test this. You probably won't. Two warnings is an automatic modkill.
  7. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to, in which case you may only do it during the specified times and in the specified threads. This is a modkillable offense.
  8. You’re required to post regularly. I prod after 36 hours of inactivity and replace after 24 hours of no response to the prod. This can be flexible if you PM me in advance.
  9. Once you’re dead, you’re no longer subject to the previous rule. As a matter of fact, once you’re dead, stop posting. I will permit one simple “bah” post and nothing more.
  11. If a deadline passes without a player receiving the majority of the votes the day will end with no kill.
  12. The days in this game will last 8 days.
  14. I will be especially harsh on players who are prod dodging. I will count posts with little or no game contact, or a pattern of posts with little or no game content as a prod dodge and will replace you out of my game. I expect activity and I expect everyone to be playing. See rule 1 about replacing out if you are not having fun or do not have the time to play.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1480 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Election!

A Large Theme

General Info
  • Large Theme
  • Semi-Open
  • Moderated by thestatusquo
  • Reviewed by MegAzumarill Cheetory6 and Haschel Cedricson
  • No Hydras
  • Pre-In available, currently 2/6

Game Structure
  • Day play will consist of campaigning and voting for players to be elected to power roles
  • Then normal elimination will follow
  • Power rolls are public information
  • Power roles constrained by town budget
  • Night play as normal with scum having additional abilities
  • Game still in review phase so things could be subject to change

Standard TSQ Game DisclaimerThis game, as well as all games I run comes with a general disclaimer that I disagree with the vast majority of mods on this site on what constitutes game balance. I do not promise that this game conforms to your notions of what game design should look like. My games have the potential to be swingy and use elements that some people do not like (cults, jesters, multiball etc.)

This is not to say that anything like that is in this game, but if you prefer predictable mafia games then this game might not be for you. If you do not like swing in your mafia games this game might not be for you. You have been warned.

Spoiler: Full Game Structure (subject to slight changes based on review)
Campaign Phase
  • 2 days, players can declare themselves a candidate for a position by posting in thread
    DECLARE: ROLE

• For the first phase all positions are open but for subsequent days the incumbent player is automatically a candidate for that role.
  • There is a maximum number of 3 candidates per role
  • Players can be a candidate for no more than 1 role
  • At the end of the campaign phase any role without a candidate is removed from the game permanently

Election Phase
  • 2 days, players must submit a ballot for the roles
  • Players do not submit votes for roles they are running for
  • Balloting is secret
  • After the election phase elected players are given a PT for that day and night cycle

Elimination Phase
  • 8 days
  • Players vote for elimination like normal

Night
  • 2 days
  • By the end of the elimination phase the treasurer must set the budget for the night, this involves allocating the towns budget to the specific power roles.
  • Funding required for each role is known only to the players who have that role.
  • Each power role has an ability which can be funded in full or in part. Partial funding results in an equivalent % chance of the role working. So if an ability costs $100 to use, allocating that player $40 would yield a 40% chance of their role succeeding.
  • The scum team has additional abilities that they can use to effect the game

Spoiler: General Rules
General Rules
  12. The days in this game will follow the structure outlined in the game specific rules.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1502 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Welcome to the
Wheel of Sadistic Garbage
. Be warned, this is an extremely bastard setup. The theme of this game is "how many horrible things can I do to the players of this game." If you sign up for this game, please be aware that any and all awful things can and will happen to you up to and including: Modkills for no cause, alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated, undue mod influence, and more. Do not sign up for this game if you are going to be upset if anything of that nature happens to you.

The core mechanic of the game is the wheel of garbage. Each game day I will spin the wheel of garbage between 1 and 3 times throughout the course of the day, which will be determined by RNG. The timing of the spins will also be determined by RNG. The wheel will land on one horrible mod action and I will gleefully take that mod action, then we will all go on with our lives and pretend that nothing has happened. I will not confirm or announce what the mod action was, though some will be more obvious than others.

Additionally this setup is bastard in design for roles and resolution.

I cannot stress enough that you should not join this game if you do not want to play a game of mafia heavily influenced by random and frequently unfair and unpleasant mod actions.

Return to “Queue”