Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2650 (isolation #200) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Ydrasse already claimed, no?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2651 (isolation #201) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

And thank you

Popcorn to xof
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2657 (isolation #202) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2656, xRECKONERx wrote:i think scum know more and can setup claims n an advantageous order for them

this also isnt popcorn claiming
It's not popcorn, that's valid. But with only 3 people unclaimed and the mason PoE even smaller for scum than town, as well as them knowing if there are any hidden roles within those 3 people, this needed to happen.

I am directing the claims because nobody else is taking the initiative and I am therefore making it happen. I think you will want to claim last, but we're down to two left so if not, go for it. I think I'd rather xof claim first though.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2660 (isolation #203) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm glad there's still a week left here because the last post by a player was over a day ago and we have amazingly got no votes down at this point.

I get that xof and Ydrasse are V/LA, but uh...we need to do something here guys.

I thought Ydrasse had claimed VT but I guess not, so I'm honestly okay with them going whenever as well.
I'm surprised nobody (but my own team) corrected me on this. Adorable, you disappeared when I said that and I find that odd. You were around until something came up that you could have straightened out, and then disappeared. Why?
DV, Reck, I'm guessing you missed that error of mine?

If anyone has an issue with me directing the claims, please feel free to step in and do it better. I am merely trying to make something happen to get us a win this game.

Ninja'd
XOF =D
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2662 (isolation #204) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry, got called for dinner right as I posted that lol
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2668 (isolation #205) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Gotcha, thanks Adorbs!

The rest of this post has been redacted until Ydrasse claims so as to not effect anything with her.

And thanks for following suit Reck, sorry this seemed hard for ya but it needed to happen, as mentioned
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2671 (isolation #206) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Yeah, I biffed as I thought Ydrasse had already claimed.

We can continue moving forward but I'd rather they come in and finish things off. We have the time.
It sucks that it stalls us again but I'm glad we've got the ball rolling now. We have a fairly simple PoE at this point imo
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2676 (isolation #207) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2672, Ydrasse wrote:i am vt, ari, where did you think i claimed at?
Honestly I don't know. I just thought you had claimed VT already.

The following I had redacted earlier:
"Honestly I wasn't expecting the mason claim from you xof, I was wrong. But this is good shit and takes one more slot out of consideration. It makes a lot of sense with your play

It's Adorable/Ydrasse but we need the final claim."

I'll chat with the team here but the claims make Bulge's seem legit and I really thought Reck was the mason but he's town regardless. DV is strongly town and Xof is obvtown. For me it has to be Adorable/Ydrasse.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2685 (isolation #208) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Lol okay this is easy then.

VOTE: Ydrasse
I'm down to 1v1.

Ydrasse, my thinking you had claimed was honestly nai. You really think as scum I slip the setup here? That is such a weak argument. But I get it. Who else do you push here?

Can't be your scumbuddy, obvtown, or a PR, leaving pretty much just me.
This push is so weak and so omgus. My pushing the massclaim theough was protown and got us here. And now you're scumposting.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2722 (isolation #209) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'll be back tomorrow, sorry
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2739 (isolation #210) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm to the point that I'm not sure what to do here.

Bulge and xof are off the table entirely. I'm obviously not including myself in the scumpool.

Out of DV, Reck, Ydrasse, and Adorable, it seems so obvious to me.
Reck was town enough I thought he was the Mason, as did just about everyone here. I know he's eligible for scum, but that's not something I ever see here.
DV could be scum I guess, but he's not even someone we should consider for today because he has been very towny throughout the game with his thoughts, input, questioning, etc.
Ydrasse has been scummy all game. Countless times I've had scumreads on her and I can find multiple examples of her being scumread by my team as well.
Adorable was kind of PoE scum but the reactions this phase are really making me confident I'm right here.
In post 2732, Adorable wrote:Hectic calls me Puff and I remember on day 3 he said that I am definitely not consensus poe and he didn't want the players to touch me and then the next day comes with Hectic dead, Ari takes the lead asking for a mass claim and says I may be the best elim for today with flimsy reasoning. I start to wonder if the Hectic kill points to Ari scum.
This post wigs me out some. I know Adorable isn't the premier grammar user and I try to take this into account when understanding them and the meaning behind her posts. But reading this it feels like she's literally setting up a narrative of events that did not take place. "I start to wonder" is the part that gives me heebie jeebies wrt this post because like, it's imposing a thought onto you rather than owning it herself. I'm probably reading way too much into it but it really weirds me out.
In post 2729, The Bulge wrote:I'm wondering if I should bother finishing my readthrough or if I should just focus potential pairings in iso and try to eliminate some possibilities.

orrrr I just go with my gut and say we elim Ari/Ydrasse/DV any order and win the game?
Please look at team pairings and likelihood here.
What is the team, if 2/3 of these are in fact scum? DV/Ari? DV/Ydrasse? Ari/Ydrasse?
If we elim one of these and get scum, are there any anti-associatives?
Like, I don't think Ari/Ydrasse would be viable in any context (or Ari/Reck, DV/Reck for the record) so I would love to know the reasoning behind this.

DV, Reck, please reconsider Adorable or express why they are town here. Discounting them as scum could cost us the game.

Re: TMI on thinking Ydrasse had claimed VT
I wasn't the only one who thought this. Our conftown also thought this. So like, call it TMI if you want but if that's the best you have as an argument we're losing me based on something extremely silly and now is not the time to for that!
In post 2689, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2688, xofelf wrote:Yeah uh Ydrasse, I don't follow your reasoning for this either. You were in danger of elimination a few times, I actually thought you had claimed already too. I forgot that pushes melted off of you where you hadn't before either. I don't think this is a slip by Ari, but it sure sounds a little like desperation from you to suddenly jump all over that fact.

BUT that being said, I did look through your ISO just to see if maybe you had said something, and there was a post early on when you switched to this where in what looks to be a typo, could actually be a crumb about being vt instead because it was after Hectic said he needed something from you to sort you, and it's your post responding. This could also just be purely coincidental and actual typo.
i'm saying that ari already knows what i am going to claim and jumped the gun assuming it bc in his head he already knows me being vt as true, and was projecting that onto everyone else; it's not desperate bc like, in what world do i jump to that of all things instead of just... you know... pointing out the stuff from ari i've already done, on top of the fact that he outted the mason, on top of the fact he's lining up his solve now btwn me and adorable which like, wow, i get flipped today, he was wrong, and then tomorrow bulge dies and he gives it another go on adorable and then the game's over

i have not once crumbed in this setup nor would i ever want to given that scum knows exactly what's going on
Ydrasse, if you would, what is the most likely scumteam that contains me? Like I said to Bulge, we're at the point of the game where associative reads and scumteam reads are highly important to getting this right. I know you said here:
In post 2718, Ydrasse wrote:also wrt confidence: i’m confident at this point on ari being scum and i’m not going to back down on that at this point, i’ve gotten bit too many times when i feel sure on a read and then start speculating and wondering, there are too many things atp for me to ignore from him that are scummy. what i AM unsure about is who he’s partnered with but right now i’m just... not thinking about that and taking it one step at a time because i know he’s scum and that’s the most important thing to deal w fmpov
that you are not sure who I'm scum with and are not worried about that atm. But you should be!

Also, Ydrasse, do you really see me chaining Mislims on you and Adorable? Is that an actual worldview you hold?? Because uh, I hate to break it to you, but I don't see any world where I am not Powerlimmed tomorrow if you are town. The only way I get to chain these lims is if you are scum, and if that's the case we get 2 more stabs at this.
In post 2709, Adorable wrote:After the mass claim this has made me reevaluate. I have been suspicious of Ari today and DV also made some good points saying he was wondering if it is Ydrasse/Reckoner and I never even thought about this. I don't like how Ari says it's me/Ydrasse because that team makes no sense. It's like as if Ari is saying scum Ydrasse defended scum Adorable on day 1 and continues to defend her on day 1, scum Ydrasse votes scum beeboy and refuses to defend scum beeboy.
Adorable, could you break this down for me a bit more?
What is the likelihood of an Ydrasse/Reck team? Do you townread DV strongly enough to take his words into account wholly like that or are you also doing independent thought about it?
Could you also go a bit past D1 with the Adorable/Ydrasse anti-assoviatives? Like, the beeboy/Asorable dichotomy wrt reactions on D1 is interesting, but is there more to it? If not, what other reads do the defending (or not) of different players give you?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2744 (isolation #211) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:30 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2740, DeasVail wrote:Ari I would be prepared to elim Ydrasse today I think
Could you put dkwn a vote then?

Bulge, Ydrasse, and xof are all at or past prod range and we habe less than 2 days left in the phase. I really hope we don't need replacements at this point and a no elim looming makes me nervous.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2745 (isolation #212) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2741, Adorable wrote:@Aristophanes To answer your question DV wondered if the team is Ydrasse/Reckoner and now that I think on it more, Reckoner says he didn't like Ydrasse fluffing and even though he didn't like her fluff and when she got some votes on her on day 2 Reckoner still kept his vote on you. DV has been my town read since day 1 and after the mass claim I see that the vt claims are the poe to the point when I don't even know who the scum are within the vt claims because I have been town reading them from earlier which means I have been wrongly town reading scum who are somewhere hidden in the vt claims.
That's an interesting point, but Reck was also on me at that point really hard iirc so that probably had a big effect on not changing votes.

Re: PoE of VT Scum
I mean, did you have a scumteam of {xof, bulge} exactly before the massclaim? If not, you must have had scumreads in the vts. This claim of bamboozlement because of wrongly reading people feels like an easy way to not commit to anything and an out where you can go "oops, that was town. I told you I don't know who scum is" if me mislim.

Also I note that you aren't really defending Ydrasse, just defending the lack of team likeliness berween you two, which leads into the other quote.
I'm not able to understand on what you are saying on the Adorable/Ydrasse anti-associatives and I'm guessing you meant about me saying that the team makes no sense and you wanted to know if there is another reason why that team makes no sense. I pretty much said earlier why the team makes no sense and there is nothing more to it. Scum should never defend their scum buddy because when one of them flips scum then that will make the other scum look bad and will get outed the next day.
In post 2742, Adorable wrote:
In post 2709, Adorable wrote:After the mass claim this has made me reevaluate. I have been suspicious of Ari today and DV also made some good points saying he was wondering if it is Ydrasse/Reckoner and I never even thought about this. I don't like how Ari says it's me/Ydrasse because that team makes no sense. It's like as if Ari is saying scum Ydrasse defended scum Adorable on day 1 and continues to defend her on day 1, scum Ydrasse votes scum beeboy and refuses to defend scum beeboy.
I'm also going to quote this too which also makes the beeboy/Ydrasse/Adorable team being weird and makes no sense because Ydrasse defended me on day 1 and did not defend beeboy.
Adorable, I quoted that post to ask the question. You are correct on what I meant by anti-associatives btw. I was hoping there was more to it.

Interestingly, I think you do believe the "never defend a scumbuddy" mantra. That does not mean other players do, however.

I don't think a refusal to vote someone D1 means you cannot be scumbuddies and I think that is especially true if there is already a scum member that is being/must be bussed. Drop one, defend the other. It's really standard mafia play. Do I do not buy the D1 associative tells being the be all end all of it and will be considering your scum equity when we get this red flip today.

I think this post became a disjointed mess. I should really wake up before typing lol
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2783 (isolation #213) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

K, that was obviously a scum self hammer so I guess this is tainted now but it still stands.

Bulge, look at my interactions with Ydrasse and the consistent going back to them as scum. Dannflor has been all about Ydrasse scum for a while now and I know you can't see that but still.

Scum don't 1v1 in this situation, they get an ML. Scum don't push the massclaim and then forget their partner didn't claim. If you look at out interactions throughout the game I'm positive we are an easy non-team pairing. Pushing the lim today should be more than enough evidence were not paired.

Let's win this tomorrow! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2786 (isolation #214) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I think there's a lot more to it than that but I was on my way to work and expect a threadlock soon so I put down what I could off the top of my head.

If you look back I think were one of the most obvious non-pairings bjt I see why my saying this post self-hammer is not really doing anything for you. Also me making this case is pretty ??? Anyway so I didn't expect it to do anything for you.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2788 (isolation #215) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Not really lol
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2794 (isolation #216) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I think a lot of us are drained from this weekend but I'll get to this when I can.

I'm hype that we are where we are in this game.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2800 (isolation #217) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2799, xRECKONERx wrote:I did vote Ydrasse D1 which DV left out of his catch up
In post 2795, DeasVail wrote:He thought Ydrasse was scummy enough to vote for her Day 1
...?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2801 (isolation #218) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2799, xRECKONERx wrote:My preferred vote for today would be Aristophanes because on the off chance he is town I'd rather make that mistake now and not in LYLO for obvious reasons.
This admits to a world where DV and I are both town, because if I am town the only way to mislim me in Elo, assuming your plan is followed, is for DV to also be town.

This statement is incongruent with your stated stance.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2804 (isolation #219) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

xRECKONERx wrote:Oh I misread that, I thought DV said "He thought Ydrasse wasn't scummy enough to vote for her" mb

My assumption, Ari, is that the plan wouldn't be followed thru tomorrow bc xof and I seemingly disagree on Adorable vs DV
xof likely dies tn if we MisLim, leaving (by your plan) either Reck/Ari/Adorable or Reck/DV/Adorable in ELo

It would be up to adorable in either situation, not xof
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2807 (isolation #220) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Guys, I'm totally okay with us sitting on our hands for a week while other stuff is figured out. I mean it's not like this game is active anyway.

I promise that if you guys V/LA for it I will not vote until everyone is back.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2809 (isolation #221) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2805, xRECKONERx wrote:oh right xof would die, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I mean even in that situation I have no idea what Adorable thinks re: DV, basically the people who agreed to "the plan" would be gone (me n bulge mostly with a splash of xof for good measure)

Ari if you ARE town then my biggest fear is being set up to mislim you in endgame and throw the game away like, that's been eating away at me since you said it. My team is completely checked out of the game now, nobody's posted in our Discord in days and it has been like 10 days since anyone said anything about my game, and given certain things going on rn I don't really have the mental energy to reread anything atm.

weirdly enough trying to lim Ari today leaves me more vulnerable to being the final mislim actually tomorrow if Ari is town i think
Interestingly, my team has been active and does have reads here, ones which you will not like in any conceivable universe.

If the two of us live through today for whatever reason, and the lim is on town, I need you no not quickvote me tomorrow.
I'm sorry I instilled the mislim setup as an anxiety but it's happening today/tomorrow if you let it and I can only do so much to stop this.
xofelf wrote:That's why I want to be very very careful before we do *anything*. Like, if we fuck up, I am definitely dead, no question. It's not nearly so easy as it appeared. The plan *is* good to look at a very specific pool, BUT we need to be very very careful in the shot that we take. And yeah, shit's on fire, so it'll be a little hard to have spoons for some of it. It's the top of my pile tomorrow to look over shit now that we have Ydrasse flip.
xof, I'm not saying this for pressure but the vote today probably hinges entirely on where you vote. When you have the time and energy, I hope you do some figuring out here. I'll be around to talk with you and help get to a conclusion whenever I can be.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2810 (isolation #222) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2808, xofelf wrote:You'd best not or I will come up to Canada and kick you in the shins and FROWN at you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love you too xof <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2811 (isolation #223) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I think that's the best threat I've ever gotten XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2814 (isolation #224) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2812, xofelf wrote:Oh I know that. 100%. I am *aware*. There's a duty with being seen as conftown, and I intend to do something with that.

It's gonna sound stupid but like, I may wanna like...... Schedule when I plan to do this so I can have the most of y'all around for it and maybe we can talk shit out live? Is that stupid/doable?

Also good, it was crafted just to you <3
That's definitely something we can do! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2817 (isolation #225) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2816, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2809, Aristophanes wrote:If the two of us live through today for whatever reason, and the lim is on town, I need you no not quickvote me tomorrow.
God fucking dammit

Yes, I can promise that if we mislim today I won't quickvote ANYONE tomorrow not just you
Thanks Reck <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2821 (isolation #226) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

That should work for me
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2844 (isolation #227) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry guys I will read up again today
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2846 (isolation #228) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Feel better my friend <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2854 (isolation #229) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Lol I had to scroll to find this game in my Ego.

I'll do that read I promised.

Uh, I think I'm just a page or two back tbh.

Let's do something tho XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2856 (isolation #230) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hey DV!

Iunno. I think you are town. I think therefore there is scum in Reck/Adorable.

Honestly I think Reck is the choice today.

I made an early case for them but walked it back and deferred to the team with townreads on him. i think it's maybe that easy tho?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2859 (isolation #231) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2857, DeasVail wrote:I think Reck is the choice today too.

I have pangs of paranoia about you in a “what if Reck is right????” kind of way but I’m holding steady. I think it’s Reck
That's reasonable. I can understand the paranoia.
I wish I could settle it but so be it.
In post 2858, DeasVail wrote:Also is it bad that I’ve never asked my team for reads out of fear that I would disagree with their reads and proceed to ignore them leaving them feel neglected?
LOL This is my biggest weird point with TM. I like having the exrta voices but I both am impressionable and am often set in my ways, which creates an internal conflict if/when they disagree with me. It's even worse when they disagree with each other XD XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2861 (isolation #232) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

All good my friend!

I'm prepared to vote Reck today and have he and Adorable vote me. It was pretty much destined to happen from D1.

Xof, I hope you're okay with a tiebreaker and I hope you vote Reck.

I know he could gofor you, DV , but I think voting me gets Adorable's vote and therefore is optimal for him.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2862 (isolation #233) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VOTE: Reck

May as well actually do it.
Sorry my friend.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2877 (isolation #234) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Don't hammer me yet!

Like I accept. But lemme get final thoughts out first.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2879 (isolation #235) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

<3 <3

I am town. xof, I know you see my timing in giving effort to this game as sketchy. There's no doubt that I have come in at clutch moments, changed the pace of the game away from myself, and sat back again because breathing room had returned. I know that's the case and I know how that looks. But if you knew my meta (I can hear Reck grumbling already) you would know that as scum I am far more likely to freeze up, and the fact that I haven't done that on multiple occasions here should show you this is my town game.

I think pushing the massclaim was an entirely obviously town!Ari move. As scum I simply rarely have the confidence to do that, even with a team yelling at me.

I knew this 1v1 was inevitable and whether it is today or tomorrow it was simply going to happen so I am glad it's today and thus not game-ending. I never *wanted* it to happen but it was destined to.
That said, I do think Reck is likely our last scum here else I would not be voting there.

I called scum!Reck's play before he did it D1 and I showed where it happened once it did. Remember? The tunneling he did? Yeah, that's exactly what I expected of him as scum.
He's been aggro for so much of the game and I think that's scum him. I also think, looking back at all the "Ari got in my head with this 1v1" things he said, they look slightly disingenuous. Like, not quite the reaction I think Reck has as town. But I think it's the reaction he expects to be seen as town and thus played it up.

I am sure it's not DV and Adorable just seems like such an outside chance that it's gotta be Reck. Also I like that Adorable hasn't voted yet, though I wonder if she knew it was competing E-1s when she posted or if she has no clue due ti internet issues.

Iunno, I just gotta say like, Reck has been pinging me all game. My townreads have been from my team, not from me, and I've told them repeatedly that I did not think he was towny. But I am a team player and dropped it, partially due to self-preservation because the 1v1 would have been fatal at so many times. But it's time to do it. Reck is scum. I know you can see it if you try, xof.

I know you said my doing things and advancing the game and being agreeable is "Just Ari" but like, it's not when it comes to Mafia games and especially not when it comes to my scumgame in particular. I don't advance things because it's scary to do so. I don't make big plays because I am so likely to misstep. I rely on mechanics and luck to get me wins, as was seen in the games I linked for Hectic here. All my best scumgames required help or mechanical crutches. And I know that I have my team here, but that's not the same. And I've given you everything they've thought and said to me in one way or another in this game.

I don't know what else I can say to show I am town, but I am still so down to get this right today!
I'm not gonna just give up and let this go to 3p ELo!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2881 (isolation #236) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I just wish we were doing Reck here because I know I am town and I need to know we get it right in 3p if I'm wrong. If we chain myself and Reck and it ends up being Adorable like, Iunno that's my worry.

It's probably just Reck but still.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2884 (isolation #237) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Looking back at the massclaim part of this game, I think Reck reacted oddly to it. And like, complaining that this wasn't popcorning but being scum led without actually saying I was scum was such good shading of me. Like, the quote below is weird to me. I thinkmy response tho is another obvtown Ari quote.

It's weird towncasing oneself but Iunno, that's seemingly the best idea here to me lol
In post 2657, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2656, xRECKONERx wrote:i think scum know more and can setup claims n an advantageous order for them

this also isnt popcorn claiming
It's not popcorn, that's valid. But with only 3 people unclaimed and the mason PoE even smaller for scum than town, as well as them knowing if there are any hidden roles within those 3 people, this needed to happen.

I am directing the claims because nobody else is taking the initiative and I am therefore making it happen. I think you will want to claim last, but we're down to two left so if not, go for it. I think I'd rather xof claim first though.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2893 (isolation #238) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

xof, read Page 108 again and tell me if you honestly think this is Ydrasse/Ari scum theatre.

Like, who was against the Massclaim? ScumYdrasse and Reck. Why??
Because Reck knew we had PoE'd his as Mason and was willing to see us all kept in the dark? Because 2 conftown was obviously a potentially devastating blow to the scumgame here? It just makes sense! And Ydrasse's reaction was so over the top out of necessity, but look at how Reck interacts with her points there!
In post 2680, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2679, Ydrasse wrote:the thing about you thinking that i had already claimed, and already claimed vt specifically, is that i think you slipped knowing what prs existed.

VOTE: aristophanes
Wait I don't follow this, what?
In post 2692, xRECKONERx wrote:I'm uh. Hmmm.

I don't think it's thinking Ydrasse had already claimed, it's specifically that Ari
already thought Ydrasse had claimed VT
that is sticking out to me here. That would imply some sort of setup knowledge.

Ari, why is this a 1v1, exactly? Are you that confident in your read on me and DV?
Look at how he tries to pivot the 1v1 onto me instead of his buddy.
This is the solve!

That page should honestly clear my name entirely xof. Please look back at it!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2897 (isolation #239) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Honestly Reck, I have an incessant nagging feeling that DV is totally duping me but I don't know if it's a valid paranoia and am therefore staying the course.

This game is tight and scum played well, whoever they are. I just want to get it right!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2906 (isolation #240) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I mean, adorable probably votes me here Reck.

In a 3p of Reck, DV, Adorable it's actually probably not Adorable.

I have saying that.

So uh... yeah.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2907 (isolation #241) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Iunno what else to say Reck but casing me is probably a waste of resources tbh
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2910 (isolation #242) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2909, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2906, Aristophanes wrote:I mean, adorable probably votes me here Reck.
if you think ado is boting you anyway then why r u tryiung to make me not caseyou
Case away lol I was being defeatist. Like I figure if I'm dead anyway I could save you the effort. But please, have at 'er :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2912 (isolation #243) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Feel better Reck <3

We'll all be here when you get back!

Glad you got the vaccine tho! That's great, even if it is a pain :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2914 (isolation #244) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2913, Adorable wrote:Ari I have a question. On which was on day 2 you put a town read on Ydrasse and then later on day 2 out of nowhere you voted Ydrasse on . Why did you vote someone you put a town read on? When I read through your iso I was not able to find your read change on Ydrasse.
Heya! Good question!

I mentioned in the linked post that this was a team read and while I did agree I obviously still had doubts.

Voting Ydrasse later in that phase when we were panicking was because I thought it was both viable and a likely good lim to hit scum given what iirc was the claims at that point.

I can read back and give a better answer but this is what I recall of it. Feels like ages ago.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2919 (isolation #245) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also I'm on Reck
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2922 (isolation #246) » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2921, Adorable wrote:Ari can you link me a completed scum game of yours where you got eliminated?
looking at my wiki, I founf the last non-hydra scumgame where I was eliminated was Jan 2019, a game run by the one and only mith!

Bonus is a towngame for Reck as well :)

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=78262

Aristophanes/Games to see more tho :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2923 (isolation #247) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:38 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2739, Aristophanes wrote:I'm to the point that I'm not sure what to do here.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2942 (isolation #248) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Aristophanes »

K so I've been talking with the team and I still think it's as easy as Reck.

Adorable is essentially locktown for this phase. I really don't think scum play with their food like this.

Reck has a few points against him fromthis phase.
The vote on me while wanting to Lim DV is weird. Like, I kinda get it. You aren't going to get any support from anyone else so you're going for your second option here. But I don't think that's how Reck goes about this as town. He should be voting his strongest scumread and making a fuss that everyone would see, but isn't.
I know there are outside factors to this game but still.

To us it looks like Reck gets that his goose is cooked and is just trying to make it through the phase.

They quoted a couple things that make this stance pretty convincing.
First, the mention of deflecting the wagon to DV is a sort of compromise in trying to get the wagon off himself is a scum move and very preservationist.
In post 2935, xRECKONERx wrote:I actually think it's highly more likely that you're scum than Ari here, but xof hasn't shown interest in budging.
This quote especially was highlighted to show the whole thing. Reck should either be pushing me or DV, whichever he thinks is scum here. It looks like setting things up for the next phase while trying to survive there in order to well, meet his wincon.

I don't know what else to say today.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2943 (isolation #249) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Also, Adorable, I don't mean to rush you but we do need a hammer within the next day and a half...

Like, I get that it's a tough decision but we need it to happen!
Even if it's me you choose, I'd rather that than no Elim today.

If you want to discuss anything before you decide, go for it. I'll be checking in.
You can do it :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2948 (isolation #250) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2946, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2942, Aristophanes wrote:First, the mention of deflecting the wagon to DV is a sort of compromise in trying to get the wagon off himself is a scum move and very preservationist.
I've preferred DV to you this entire phase. I simply know that I can't take a swing at DV as long as xof won't allow it. But xof will be the final kill tonight unless scum are literally braindead, so if it's not you, then I go into tomorrow with the ability to take a shot at DV in LYLO if we're wrong here. That's the simple reasoning.

Don't worry, you have Adorable not understanding basic fucking human language here, you'll get your mislim on me and then you can all figure out what the fuck to do tomorrow, I get to wash my hands of this god forsaken trash heap of a website and never look back, everybody wins.
Uggh Reck, I'm really sorry.

I know you've called my posting faked in the past, but I hope you know you are wonderful and I'll really miss you around here.

It won't be the same without you and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that.

If you are actually a Mislim here I'm going to do everything I can to win this for the town! I hope you can go out with a final win under your belt.
<3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2951 (isolation #251) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2950, xRECKONERx wrote:I bet scumReck would totally piss Adorable off into hammering him, by insulting her over and over. Yep, this is such scummy play here and definitely not someone who is just fucking pissed off watching two townies throw the game away
Hey, I know it's rough but like I say, even if you are a mislim here, I'll fight the fight for you!

If I eat the hammer here, I know you will too!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2976 (isolation #252) » Fri May 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2975, Isis wrote:Do people want to see more of the scum-knows-the-setup mechanic?
Honestly, that was really cool and made me far more wary of everything. I don't know how it balances but it's definitely something I enjoyed this game :)
- Jingle

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”