Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 659, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 649, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:we are definitely going off-wagon for the elim today.
In post 600, Rockhopper wrote:
VC 1.17
Not voting (2):
Something_Smart, implosion

Not_Mafia (1):
Minimegabyte
Dunnstral (1):
Salsabil Faria
Battle Mage (1):
Artemiana
Artemiana (7) (HAMMER)
:
Battle Mage, Not_Mafia, PenguinPower, PookyTheMagicalBear, Scipio1, Almost50, Save The Dragons
Something_Smart (1):
Dunnstral

With 7 votes, Artemiana has been eliminated. They were a
Spoiler:
Mafia Goon
[/spoiler]
Night 1 ends in (expired on 2021-03-20 00:21:14)
Who do you suspicious of most from the off-wagon?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 699, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 697, Save The Dragons wrote:qq can mafia give multiple powers to a person?

B_M why do you think Mini would power up the partner?
Mini is personally a nice and benevolent character, and would be more likely to:

1. Encourage their teammate to take a cool PR.
2. Get excited at having a high powered team.

But now Salsa is making me 2nd guess the setup haha. I need to do some more thinking.
Let's ask to the
Mod
, my head is spinning already from understanding this set-up!
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Artemiana being so pissed off makes me think it slightly more likely they were being bussed. especially because like, the player was just a goon, so it wasn't that big a deal for them to eat one.

and whoever their teammate is, could be a big ego-head, who wanted to deprive the newbie of having a cool PR.

I find it hard to believe Pooky would be like that. But Pooky might be the sort of clever so-and-so to just pick 1 or 2 super powerful PRs to leave a fakeclaim available.

it was weird that 3 players just sheeped me blindly yesterday without much evidence - and 2 of them have already flipped town, so were they all town?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

the mafia traitor thing is interesting - the traitor doesn't know who the scum are, but the scum presumably know the traitor? or maybe not, as that makes the recruiting ability quite powerful.

@Mod - does mafia know who traitor is?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 703, Battle Mage wrote:the mafia traitor thing is interesting - the traitor doesn't know who the scum are, but the scum presumably know the traitor? or maybe not, as that makes the recruiting ability quite powerful.

From wiki, the traitor knows who are the mafia but the mafia team doesn't who is the traitor ig.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok time to get serious! VOTE: Implosion

Implosion's ISO is real interesting - just looking through, lots of references to Artemania - originally premier townread somehow, and although acknowledges 1 scummy post, Implosion does more than anybody to try and subtly protect Artemania from the sidelines.

And in particular, these posts pinged me a lot yesterday:
In post 541, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 540, implosion wrote:
In post 537, Battle Mage wrote:be the justification for potentially joining her wagon
Wasn't trying to imply that it would be.
I don't intend to ever join it or hammer in this game
, at least not for at least like 4 more RL days or so.
bold is a strong assertion. Considering your take on the wagon a few posts ago was a fairly cautious "I don't especially like [it]", and your subsequent phrasing in post 533 sounded like you were paving the way for a vote (citing your frustration with the player not being here).

can you tell me what you're planning to do in that 4 RL days?
In post 537, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 533, implosion wrote:
I don't especially like the Artemiana wagon but I am getting tired of waiting for her to do something, mostly because I still think when she does it'll be relatively fruitful to read off of.
doesnt make sense. why would you thinking she will post something valuable be the justification for potentially joining her wagon (or at least, reducing your opposition to it, as implied)?

Spoiler:
In post 160, implosion wrote:I mildly like Artemiana, std, pooky, maybe a50 for town.

Mildly like Dunnstral and MiniMegabyte for scum.
In post 540, implosion wrote:
In post 537, Battle Mage wrote:be the justification for potentially joining her wagon
Wasn't trying to imply that it would be. I don't intend to ever join it or hammer in this game, at least not for at least like 4 more RL days or so.
In post 580, implosion wrote:
BM wrote:can you tell me what you're planning to do in that 4 RL days?
Mostly chill and play the game. The point being that there are still people that I want to hear more from (Mini, Dunn, Artemiana), and if Artemiana is town then an early hammer on her would mean a not especially useful day imo.
In post 605, implosion wrote:I guess if the traitor wasn't recruited, then they're almost certainly offwagon, yeah? No reason to bus as a traitor with a 2-person scumteam.

That said I guess both of the people I somewhat suspected yesterday are offwagon so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's probably jack shit useful associatives from Artemiana as well. Maybe like Pooky-town but I wasn't especially thinking Pooky was scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 704, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 703, Battle Mage wrote:the mafia traitor thing is interesting - the traitor doesn't know who the scum are, but the scum presumably know the traitor? or maybe not, as that makes the recruiting ability quite powerful.

From wiki, the traitor knows who are the mafia but the mafia team doesn't who is the traitor ig.
ohhhh the traitor knows who mafia are? that's helpful, so 2 players with associative relationship to the dead scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I was willing to believe that Salsa's first dumbtell could be faked but this one seems quite unlikely to be fake. I think she's probably just town.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:17 am

In post 697, Save The Dragons wrote:qq can mafia give multiple powers to a person?
I think so?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:19 am

In post 699, Battle Mage wrote:Mini is personally a nice and benevolent character, and would be more likely to:

I mean scum should give power to the player more likely to survive, and given that Artemiana rolled over and died, it's likely that most teams wouldn't have given her a PR.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:21 am

In post 702, Battle Mage wrote:Artemiana being so pissed off makes me think it slightly more likely they were being bussed.
This is actually an interesting theory

I would say that the most likely busser (aside from STD who doesn't count) is you, but I'm not sure I feel that way now because you were the first one to bring this up.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 608, Something_Smart wrote:It's unlikely that any of the late votes were bussing, with the exception of STD.

I don't think it's out of the question for BM to start that wagon as scum, since he wouldn't have expected Artemiana to just roll over and die. But I'll have to go back and look at the circumstances under which the vote was made.
in hindsight, this is a weird take. Clearing the late jumpers as town, when it was pretty obvious it was a consensus elim, but not those driving the wagon early. It's possible I'm scum here, but objectively it's less likely than the late jumpers in terms of normal wagon behaviour.

Given Artemiana was just a goon, I think it's definitely possible scum bussed late.

Separately, Something_Smart was an Artemiana defender at first, until realising how screwed Artemiana was, and then joining the majority opinion. Not to mention, Something_Smart did virtually nothing on Day 1, despite posting a lot.

would Something_Smart hog the PRs and not share with the newbie? dunno
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 710, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 702, Battle Mage wrote:Artemiana being so pissed off makes me think it slightly more likely they were being bussed.
This is actually an interesting theory

I would say that the most likely busser (aside from STD who doesn't count) is you, but I'm not sure I feel that way now because you were the first one to bring this up.
yes, I'll give you points for consistency, given I was just responding to the first time you made that inference.

I feel pretty weird about you wanting to give immunity to the latecomers in prime bussing territory, but focus your attention on me instead? Especially since you haven't really been pushing anyone off wagon either?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 am

I think you are underestimating how bad it is for scum to lose a member D1. Follower becomes a cop. Jailkeeper becomes even stronger than a cop. Artemiana wasn't a consensus execution until those late people jumped on-- she hadn't even given any content.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:28 am

In post 712, Battle Mage wrote:I feel pretty weird about you wanting to give immunity to the latecomers in prime bussing territory, but focus your attention on me instead? Especially since you haven't really been pushing anyone off wagon either?
I'm not pushing anyone at all. I thought that wagon-wise, the people on the back end looked townier than you did, but now you look towny too for presenting a theory that would implicate yourself, and the others look a bit less towny due to the possibility that the theory is true.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 709, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 699, Battle Mage wrote:Mini is personally a nice and benevolent character, and would be more likely to:

I mean scum should give power to the player more likely to survive, and given that Artemiana rolled over and died, it's likely that most teams wouldn't have given her a PR.
I think lots of scumteams (myself including fwiw) would have been excited at being able to choose PRs, and would have given both players a PR. It's almost a trade-off between focus on winning and just having fun with the gimmick.

also presumably the scumteam wasn't expecting Artemiana to capitulate quite like that. I definitely get the sense that Artemiana didn't get on well with the teammate - maybe there was a lack of team cohesion.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Scipio1 »

In post 707, Something_Smart wrote:I was willing to believe that Salsa's first dumbtell could be faked but this one seems quite unlikely to be fake. I think she's probably just town.
agreed
UNVOTE:
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 714, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 712, Battle Mage wrote:I feel pretty weird about you wanting to give immunity to the latecomers in prime bussing territory, but focus your attention on me instead? Especially since you haven't really been pushing anyone off wagon either?
I'm not pushing anyone at all.
exactly - you're not pushing anyone. All you've done is defend Artemiana and try to buy the slot more time, and now throw the weakest shade at me.

I think the chances of scum in this position not wanting to rock the boat with too many scumreads is HIGH.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 713, Something_Smart wrote:I think you are underestimating how bad it is for scum to lose a member D1. Follower becomes a cop. Jailkeeper becomes even stronger than a cop. Artemiana wasn't a consensus execution until those late people jumped on-- she hadn't even given any content.
I think it was highly likely Artemiana was getting run up as soon as the Pooky-Penguin-NotMafia-BM block all voted there. There was no alternative wagon of any consequence. It was incredibly predictable, and I think a scum PR probably wants to be jumping on there late to get some cred which they will need to see them through.

You're right it would be really bad for their partner to lose them, but it was also looking inevitable earlier than you suggest.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 715, Battle Mage wrote:

I think lots of scumteams (myself including fwiw) would have been excited at being able to choose PRs, and would have given both players a PR. It's almost a trade-off between focus on winning and just having fun with the gimmick.

also presumably the scumteam wasn't expecting Artemiana to capitulate quite like that. I definitely get the sense that Artemiana didn't get on well with the teammate - maybe there was a lack of team cohesion.
i think its highly likely scum didnt pick encryptor since it has no mechanical effect on the game, hence no daytalk, hence they didnt have any cohesion at all.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 719, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 715, Battle Mage wrote:

i think its highly likely scum didnt pick encryptor since it has no mechanical effect on the game, hence no daytalk, hence they didnt have any cohesion at all.
ah that's really interesting, I hadn't clocked that!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:36 am

In post 718, Battle Mage wrote:I think it was highly likely Artemiana was getting run up as soon as the Pooky-Penguin-NotMafia-BM block all voted there. There was no alternative wagon of any consequence. It was incredibly predictable, and I think a scum PR probably wants to be jumping on there late to get some cred which they will need to see them through.

You're right it would be really bad for their partner to lose them, but it was also looking inevitable earlier than you suggest.
yea but it makes no sense for SS-scum to soft-defend the latewagoners - he needs every mis-elim he can get at this point

scum should be trying to broaden POE not shrink it.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Pooky, if you had to pick within the Implosion-Something_Smart pool, where do you go first?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 am

I'd kill Implo over SS any day of the week tho I'm not even sure I want to limit the elim to those two slots.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 721, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 718, Battle Mage wrote:I think it was highly likely Artemiana was getting run up as soon as the Pooky-Penguin-NotMafia-BM block all voted there. There was no alternative wagon of any consequence. It was incredibly predictable, and I think a scum PR probably wants to be jumping on there late to get some cred which they will need to see them through.

yea but it makes no sense for SS-scum to soft-defend the latewagoners - he needs every mis-elim he can get at this point

scum should be trying to broaden POE not shrink it.
SS-scum also needs allies, and as you say, it was a pretty soft and insubstantial defence. more notional than practically useful. SS would easily be able to retreat from it if needed.

SS was keeping POE plenty broad enough.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Open Games”