Let's Play Oregon Trail II (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Applejack
Applejack
Goon
Applejack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Applejack »

Howdy, partner! I'm goin' to be your host today as the third and final party make their way to Oregon! A wagon led by a five-year-old can only succeed, right?

Wagon Party 3

Like the other parties, this one started from Independence on April 1, 1848, with $425 to their name. They purchased the usual set of supplies, scaled for three wagon members. Unfortunately, from the outset, they ran into issues, first starting in snowy weather and then continuing into consistently rainy weather, making river crossings difficult. At St. Joseph Road Junction, the party opted to head west on the Oregon Trail. Outside of Fort Kearny in Nebraska, dsjstr caught cholera.

The party administered epsom salts and laid him in the wagon as they kept going through the plains. Just past Plum Creek, an ox dropped dead. The team butchered it, yielding 171 pounds of meat. They then rolled into a flooded trail, which they attempted to ford. The attempt caused their wagon to tip over, losing some supplies. After that, their journey to Fort John was relatively uneventful, and dsjstr recovered from cholera.

Now they were at a crossroads. Where did they go?

Oregon Trail heading west

Mormon Trail heading east
Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth.
Applejack
Applejack
Goon
Applejack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Applejack »

Wagon Party 3

Oregon Trail heading west (2) - lendunistus, dsjstr

With the votes to go west, the party continued along the Oregon Trail to Oregon City. Around June 9, they reached Independence Rock; nine days later, they reached the "Parting of the Ways". Given that the party had plenty of food, they took the Sublette Cutoff to shave a few days from the journey, traveling through an arid region of what is now Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming to Fort Hall. After refreshing their supplies, they continued along the Snake River for several days. At the Snake River crossing, the wagon tipped as it was floated across, resulting in the loss of some supplies but fortunately no injuries. Deep in the Rocky Mountains, Sirius9121 caught "mountain fever".

The guidebook was not of much help.

The party opted to control Sirius9121's fever and continue traveling. Outside of Fort Boise, the wagon attempted its final Snake River crossing and tipped again, resulting in some loss of supplies. With all of the losses, the team decided to take the road to Fort Walla Walla instead of speeding to the Dalles. Along the way, they ran into an abandoned wagon with a guitar and fishing net, which they grabbed. At the fort, they purchased 230 pounds of food, which would last long enough and then some to reach their destination.

On September 2, they reached the Dalles, the final leg of the journey.

What did the party do?

Barlow Toll Road

Raft down the Columbia River

Pay someone to raft you ($80)

This is endgame. No matter what you choose, you will make it to Oregon City unless there's a massive accident on either the toll road or the river, which is somewhat unlikely. Each of the other two parties took different options, so there isn't much new here unless you want to see how I fare with your party when rafting down the river.

Either way, good luck! Once you decide (or someone else decides for you), I'll post and close out the Let's Play.
Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”