LSG Character Poll 2021

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

LSG Character Poll 2021

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Welcome to the 2021 Character Poll!

Here, you will rank characters from this year's games on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of
character arc
memorability
, and
overall entertainment factor
. You are encouraged to leave any characters blank if you are unfamiliar with them, or you played in the game but never interacted with them.

I repeat, since a lot of people missed this on the last one and thought you had to leave a rating for every character on the questionaire:

You can leave any question on any form blank and you will still be able to submit!

A 1 on the scale means an actively terrible character or one that lacks any presence at all, while a 10 represents a classic, unforgettable character. If you give out 1s and 10s to over half the available characters, your submission will be thrown out since it's pretty unreasonable that there's no middle ground of characters. Additionally,
a person's ranking for their own character will not be counted
(I'd love it if you'd leave your own characters blank, since it saves me a bit of effort, but it will still be manually removed if you do put a number in there).

This one will be periodically updated throughout the year as games conclude. New posts will be made whenever a game's poll is ready, and all of the currently available polls will be listed in this first post throughout the year.

Important change from last year - if you would prefer your character not to be included in the LSG Character Poll, you can message me about it and they will be removed from the questionnaire and the results.

Results will be released at the end of 2021. You can discuss your ratings but please don't kill any of the mystery :)
Last edited by CaptainMeme on Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

And to open our poll this year:

Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:50 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Survivor of the Fittest is now open for voting!

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:23 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Survivor: Pantheon is now open for voting!

(this poll is missing one player who requested not to be included - it's not a mistake)

Re: response receipts, I could do so but I would need to enable collection of emails for that. This doesn't really feel like the kind of thing we need to verify emails for, so I'd prefer to leave it open to people who don't have/want a Google account to use.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:20 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Survivor: Three Houses is now open for voting!

This poll will only be open for a week, as we're looking to wrap this up and get going on results, so please cast your votes ASAP. All previous polls will also be closing soon so if you haven't voted in them yet and want to, now would be the time to do so!

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:20 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Coming very soon to a thread near you...

Flavour by Malkon05, Infographics by CaptainMeme, much-needed direction and encouragement by Xofelf

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #15 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:28 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 1: What The Fuck Even Is A Bandit?

*Music begins to play as the intro screen comes up*

CaptainMeme: Hello I'm xX_n00bs1ay3r_Xx and today the minecraft servers are down so I'm playing some weird weeb game instead!

Malkon: Ayyyyy it’s your boy, The_Marvelous_Mr_Malkon here to watch this trainwreck of a playthrough. Fun story, I actually forced n00bster over here to do this because he was complaining to me that he had absolutely nothing to this time of year.

CaptainMeme: Yeah it’s not like I’ve been recently running games or playing them or anything.

Malkon: Nope, you’re a lazy no good couch potato do nothing sonofa-

CaptainMeme: Yes I think we get the picture you arse. Reminder this is a family show.

Malkon: In what universe has this ever been a family show?! *snorts*

CaptainMeme: …er yes, good point. Anyways let’s get started shall we?

*cutscene boots up*

CaptainMeme: What fresh anime hell is this?!

Malkon: You always did say you wanted to be a little more cultured.

CaptainMeme: Dear god. This is not what I meant!

Malkon: Well, too bad because that’s what you get!

CaptainMeme: Why do you hate me?

Malkon: Because you stole 50 cents.

CaptainMeme: Anyways. Okay so there’s this land with some stupid D&D name that sounds like some amateur fantasy novelist wrote to sound “elvish”.

Malkon: *snorts* It’s almost like you have a problem with elves. That’s racist.

CaptainMeme: I’ll have you know I support elves4britian.com every year with a box of crumpets.

Malkon: How charitable of you.

CaptainMeme: I know I’m practically a saint.

*both laugh a bit*

CaptainMeme: Okay so what there’s some war that is happening and big bad country is evil because they all have that look on their face like they’re about to break into that one kid’s house in the christmas movie to steal…err stuff. You know I’ve never actually known what their goal is in that movie.

Malkon: It’s clearly because they enjoy slipping on marbles and getting hit in the face with cans of paint.

CaptainMeme: *chuckles* ah yeah what a classic film. *sighs* Where were we? Oh right now we are some like Prince dude, but they just call him “Lord”. I don’t know any Lords in Europe that dress like this. Is this some like weeb trope?

Malkon: It’s actually fashioned after medieval times. It’s why you won’t find any guns or cars or-

CaptainMeme: Wait, no guns or cars?! What’s the actual point of this?!

Malkon: But there’s magic and horses and-

CaptainMeme: Oh yes, so much better. Please give me some more of those days when people didn’t even have televisions or basic healthcare.

Malkon: Well where I’m from in the fucking USA that’s actually quite problematic.

CaptainMeme: What you don’t have televisions?

Malkon: …nevermind just play the damn game.

CaptainMeme: Okay so this prince just has a bunch of scallywag friends who all look like they are probably dealing drugs to suburban moms. And they all seem to have a different set of skills. For example, this one can…heal…

Malkon: In this game that’s actually a lot more useful than you might imagine. You see because-

CaptainMeme: What the hell? How did she not have basic evasion skills?! How slow is this enemy unit swinging the axe that this girl just stands in front of it and goes “I wonder if I should avoid this.”

Malkon: Yeah, you probably shouldn’t let her-

CaptainMeme: And she’s dead.

Malkon: Ooh boy this is going well for you so far. Well it’s not the end of the world because you have a few vulneraries which heal your units so long as you keep an eye on their-

CaptainMeme: And they’re dead.

Malkon: Wow you may have actually set a record for the quickest you’ve lost a game before.

CaptainMeme: I don’t even really understand, how is this highly paid prince and his entourage not sporting some of the best armor money can buy especially if a war has just started between two kingdoms?! You’d think a castle would employ actual knights and like invest in better defenses where bandits don’t just come in whenever they bloody want to! Plus what’s up with the word bandit anyways? It sounds horrible because it's similar to band aid which is supposed to help you, but these very much don’t do that. What even does that word mean?!

Malkon: Well it’s a term used for like a robber or thief where-

CaptainMeme: Then why don’t they just call them robbers or thieves?!

Malkon: Well I can’t speak on robber but there’s actually a class that’s called thief and they are sometimes recruitable to add to your party so you-

CaptainMeme: Wait, a prince has to employ the help of lowly thieves to beat bandits? Isn’t that like that one spiderman meme where spiderman is pointing at spiderman?

Malkon: I guess I really hadn’t thought about it like that.

CaptainMeme: Well whatever I’m just going to call them mean blokes and that works better for me somehow.

Malkon: Gee I wonder why *snorts*

*CaptainMeme starts the game over but picks Casual mode this time*

Malkon: *mutters under breath* filthy casual.

CaptainMeme: What?

Malkon: Nothing, let’s just do this again.

*CaptainMeme seems to be much better this time around and manages to get through most of the map*

Malkon: Wow who knew you were actually good at games on the easiest mode possible?

CaptainMeme: I swear to god I’m going to wage war on your country if you don’t shut up.

Malkon: Tried and failed my dude.

CaptainMeme: All I’d have to do is elect Trump again.

Malkon: …you know what, nevermind keep going. You’re doing great!

CaptainMeme: That’s what I thought. Anyways so now this prince lord guy thing has ended up cornering this lead bandit…like what is he, evil Robin Hood?

*Sees a face picture*

Malkon: It’s…actually kind of uncanny how accurate that is.

CaptainMeme: Like wouldn’t a bandit be like gross and haggard since they live off the land or whatever? This guy looks like he was drawn for some romance novel.

Malkon: Do you mean an otome?

CaptainMeme: A what?

Malkon: *Is about to clarify, but realizes he just got Meme to say “A what” in a British accent like in Harry Potter and just snorts* don’t worry about it.

CaptainMeme: *loses a unit and beats the guy, but the guy comes back since we are now on casual mode* The guy got his entire body chopped up by an axe and is somehow just, alive again? Why does this work?

Malkon: You’re the one who can’t even keep a unit alive on casual mode.

CaptainMeme: You know what, that’s it this Let’s Play is over! I’m going to g-

*lots of pings come up on the web browser*

Malkon: *raises eyebrow* holy shit this is a hit. Uhhhh I guess we have to keep it going.

CaptainMeme: *sighs and picks up the controller* fine. Onto Chapter 2…

Malkon: But first let’s go through all the anime recruits we got in the first chapter! *plays some catchy shop music before cutting to the units*

Spoiler: #112-#97

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #31 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:13 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 3: Xofelf Tips

Malkon: Welcome back. While we were on a break, n00b here made like 50 billion children and now has an army that I’m pretty sure is going to wipe the rest of the game.

CaptainMeme: Mwahahahaha I am the overlord!!!

*slays like a bunch of army units*

Malkon: And we’ve lost him.

*all of a sudden fog of war happens and the entire map is shrouded in mist*

CaptainMeme: What the? Is this some sort of London Fog bullshit?

Malkon: I guess? Anyways you are going to have limited range so no matter how many units you have you are going to have limited vision.

*Units start dying when bad guys start coming out of the fog*

CaptainMeme: Shit this is bad. Okay how do I make the fog go away?

Malkon: Well-

*The walls begin rumbling in the room and both Malkon and CaptainMeme look around*

CaptainMeme: The fuck is this?!

Malkon: Don’t ask me, this is your room.

CaptainMeme: Maybe it’s an earthquake?

Malkon: No maybe it’s one of those tremor monsters?

ALFJKJG:LKAJGL:KJGKL:JG:KAJGJ *explosion followed by floating person in room*

Malkon and CaptainMeme look up to see a new user “GoddessSupreme48” appear.

xofelf: IT IS I GODDESSSUPREME48 I AM HERE TO RESCUE YOUR LET’S PLAY!

Malkon: …do you have any idea who this is?

CaptainMeme: Not one clue.

xofelf: HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW GODDESSSUPREME48 THE SAVIOR OF ALL LET’S PLAYS?!

Malkon: Well…I don’t.

CaptainMeme: Wait wait wait, if you are the savior of all Let’s Plays, then can you tell me about Fog of War?

Malkon: *raises eyebrows*

xofelf: I AM GODDESSSUPREME48 OF THE INFINITE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNIVERSE THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH THE MOST ADVANCED STRATEGY AND MAKE YOU SOLVE ALL OF YOUR GAMES AND YET YOU COME TO ME ASKING…ABOUT FOG OF WAR? A MOST BASIC THING THAT IS PRESENT IN ALL OF FIRE EMBLEM?

CaptainMeme: Yes.

xofelf: ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS? I-

CaptainMeme: Yes *a little annoyed*

xofelf: YOU DON’T GET VERY MANY OF THESE I CAN’T ANSWER EVERY QUE-

CaptainMeme: Just tell me about Fog of War and how to get through it!

xofelf: WELL OKAY I GUESS. TO GET THROUGH FOG OF WAR YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TORCH OR A THIEF. BOTH OF THESE THINGS CAN MAKE THE PERCEPTION AREA MUCH GREATER. IN FACT IF YOU COMBINE A THIEF WITH A TORCH YOU CAN GET MAXIMUM VISION IN THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS.

CaptainMeme: A Torch?

Malkon: *snorts* you know, the thing you pick up in caves and light on fire?

CaptainMeme: You mean like a flashlight?

Malkon: You don’t…nevermind. Yes go get your wooden flashlight.

CaptainMeme: On it!

*CaptainMeme makes one of the characters go to a nearby shop and purchase a torch which he gives to his thief and suddenly has max visibility*

CaptainMeme: Awesome! Thank you GoddessSupreme48 you’re a life saver!

Malkon: *has been sitting on this tip the whole time but wanted to watch CaptainMeme waste this opportunity*

xofelf: WELL UH YOU’RE WELCOME I GUESS. UNTIL NEXT TIME GODDESSSUPREME48 MUST GO HELP OTHER LET’S PLAYS! *flies through the ceiling*

*Malkon and CaptainMeme look up at the hole in the ceiling after they leave and just blink*

Malkon: Do you think insurance covers this?

CaptainMeme: Hell if I know. But now it’s time to school some fools!

*CaptainMeme now easily beats the map and recruits a shit ton of new characters before beating the chapter*

Malkon: Well this chapter seems to require appropriate music, here you go.

Spoiler: #80-#70

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:17 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 5: Gotta Catch Em All!

Malkon: And welcome back to this train wreck of a Let’s Play. Today CaptainMeme already got a jump start because even though he “hates this game” he can’t seem to put it down. Want to tell the viewers what treat they are in for today?

CaptainMeme: So yes, I went ahead and started the chapter because how else I was going to get through tutorial after tutorial and waste these good people’s time? In any case, today’s chapter appears to be about us keeping a small building safe because there are apparently pokemon that are evil and are attacking us.

Malkon: Sounds more like monsters if you ask me.

CaptainMeme: That’s what pokemon are right? Pocket monsters or some weeb shit?

Malkon: Insults aside, I guess you’re not wrong. So sure, they’re pokemon. Very weird pokemon who want to kill you.

CaptainMeme: Then I should go to capture them!

Malkon: No that’s not how-

*Several units die*

CaptainMeme: Come on get in your bloody pokeballs! This is catch em all!

Malkon: You probably should actually try to defeat them, they are trying to get at the people inside the tower you are defending after all.

CaptainMeme: I don’t care about those pathetic villagers. If they can’t find a pitchfork or something to use to defend themselves against fucking pokemon then what good are they to me?

Malkon: Well it’s kind of the point of the chapter.

CaptainMeme: I’m going to get my pokemon and that’s final.

Malkon: Anyways I guess while CaptainMeme goes on a rampage trying to catch monsters that aren’t meant to be catchable. I guess we can start talking about sponsors today. Apparently our dysfunctional playthrough has gotten enough attention that people have decided to sponsor us. Today’s sponsor is ball in a cup. Did you know that ball in cup is about a ball in a cup and to score you have to get the ball in the cup? Wow just riveting folks. Perhaps you should spend more time trying to catch the ball in the cup than not doing ball in a cup.

CaptainMeme: Aha finally got one! *has surrounded a monster with a bunch of units* Told you I could do it!

Malkon: *rolls his eyes* yes, that’s so good. You really caught the monster alright. *watches as the other unchecked monsters begin attacking and killing the people in the tower* You know you lose if they all die right?

CaptainMeme: …worth it. *all villagers die and the chapter has to start over*

Malkon: Okay, so on the easiest difficulty, my partner here has decided to waste our time capturing what he calls pokemon.

CaptainMeme: What even are these creatures anyways?

Malkon: Well if you listen to the explanation of the chapter, they are the dark energy manifestations of the demon king.

CaptainMeme: I thought this was supposed to be about dragons, not demons.

Malkon: It usually is, but apparently the big plot point this game has to do with a demon king.

CaptainMeme: Weird. So I was actually capturing demons and not pokemon?

Malkon: Looks that way.

CaptainMeme: So that makes this some sort of weird Shin Megami Tensei game?

Malkon: Uhhhh sure?

CaptainMeme: Weird. Anyways let’s do this again.

Malkon: *sighs* I’m literally not going to subject our viewers to this again. Here’s some music while he does this chapter over again.

Spoiler: #60-#49

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 7: Obligatory Boat Chapter

CaptainMeme: Welcome back everyone, and welcome to the worst Let’s Play of all time. In today’s chapter, apparently fights can happen anywhere in fire emblem including on top of boats. I guess that’s a little Pirates of the Caribbean, but I’m trying to imagine taking horses across wooden planks and fighting on top of them and I’m having a hard time seeing it.

Malkon: Yeah but it creates for interesting strategy, especially if the boat changes position at any time on the map.

CaptainMeme: That just sounds annoying, what happens if it does move and the bridges go away?

Malkon: …well the units, unless they can fly or cross water, get stuck in the place until either they are rescued or another bridge appears near them.

CaptainMeme: So you are telling me that a unit on a horse would sit in water drowning and yet somehow not actually drown and be able to hit things from their spot until they are rescued?

Malkon: That is how the mechanics of this game work.

CaptainMeme: That’s incredibly stupid. Next you’ll tell me that you can recruit a pirate.

Malkon: I mean…

CaptainMeme: Wait seriously? *talks to the pirate that has a name and not just “pirate” as the sprite* Uhhh wow why can you do this? Why would any self respecting pirate leave their pirate ship and join a random crew of shipgoers?

Malkon: Probably because they are looking for a bigger booty?

CaptainMeme: Okay I’m trying to be serious but I have to be honest that is making me chuckle.

Malkon: Anyways, so yeah the units that have the best mobility on these chapters are the winged characters because they can fly above the water. Pirates usually do okay also because they can traverse the waters.

CaptainMeme: I see. That is kind of interesting. But I’m also noticing that there’s a bit of a bottleneck situation happening on these boards for the rest of my units. Which I guess makes sense since I wouldn’t expect someone to be able to crawl over each other to attack the enemy. But it is making my life incredibly difficult because I normally like to spread my units around.

Malkon: That’s part of the appeal of these kinds of chapters is that it introduces a new strategy that you have to maneuver around. It also-

CaptainMeme: There. I’m on the other ship. It wasn’t too bad when I just made my strong units plow through them.

Malkon: Huh, who knew that you would actually do well at this. You’ve had a lot of evidence to the contrary.

CaptainMeme: *grumbles* I’ll show you contrary.

*continues to go through the chapter*

Malkon: Okay so now you are getting close to the end of the chapter. You are going to want to be careful because the bosses on these particular chapters usually end up being more powerful than you’d expect.

CaptainMeme: I don’t need help from a weeb like you!

*three units die barely doing damage*

CaptainMeme: What the heckin heck?

Malkon: I toooooooooooooold you.

CaptainMeme: This is bullshit! These are some of my strongest units. What did I have to do nothing but focus on two units the whole game so that they are swole af?

Malkon: I mean you don’t HAVE to do anything *rolls eyes* Anyways you’ll find that that your magic users might be more effective. While the bosses are tough they usually succumb to low magic resistance.

CaptainMeme: Harry Potter to the rescue! *Sends all magical units in until the boss dies* That was a little harder than the last few chapters.

Malkon: *flips ahead* just wait for the next one.

CaptainMeme: What does that mean?

Malkon: You’ll see *smirks* in the meantime enjoy this wonderful in-between chapters music.

Spoiler: #39-#31

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:36 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 9: Leveling Up Is Weird

Malkon: Welcome back everyone. It looks like we are getting closer to the end! Want to talk about it CaptainMeme?

CaptainMeme: *looks grumbly*

Malkon: *tries not to laugh* Okay well CaptainMeme just got to the big plot twist where he got the Fire Emblem (™) and then it got stolen and one of his characters permanently died. He’s not exactly the most happy about it.

CaptainMeme: Well what’s the bloody point of this entire game if we are just supposed to lose a unit that we’ve put so much work into?!

Malkon: Well you see…

*cutscene plays where powers transfer to the unit’s sibling*

CaptainMeme: This…is dumb. Like none of this would really happen this way. All of a sudden a person is just the exact same as their sibling? This is ridiculous.

Malkon: Yes, because so many things in video games make sense.

CaptainMeme: *sigh* Okay fine you have a point. But still this is silly. I liked that character. Plus now I have to go retrieve the Fire Emblem (™) again. I’m just kind of over this whole game. This chapter looks impossible too.

Malkon: Ah I see they are introducing ballistae in this chapter. Perhaps a certain someone could help you answer your questions about how they work. *winks*

CaptainMeme: nononono I already can’t afford the damage they did last ti-

*Loud crashing noise as GoddessSupreme48 comes into the room*

CaptainMeme: *sigh* Okay fine. Welcome back GoddessSupreme48.

Xofelf: IT IS I, GODDESSSUPREME48, THE SAVIOR OF-

Malkon: Yes yes let’s plays, we get it you are all knowing. Just teach n00bslayer about ballistae and call it a day.

Xofelf: …SO LET’S JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT. YOU WANT ME TO ANSWER HOW BALLISTAE WORKS? BEFORE I RESPOND YOU SHOULD KNOW I’M SORT OF LIKE A GEENIE YOU ONLY GET THREE TOTAL QUESTIONS AND YOU’VE ALREADY ASKED 2.

CaptainMeme: Yes just answer the question so I can get a final quote from my insurance.

Xofelf: FINE! SO BALLISTAE IS A TERM THAT HAS PRESENTED ITSELF IN SEVERAL WAYS OVER THE COURSE OF THIS SERIES. SOMETIMES IT’S A MOVABLE UNIT. SOMETIMES IT REPRESENTS A SPECIFIC PLACE ON A MAP. IN THIS CASE, IT IS AN EMPTY SPACE WITH A LONG RAGE BOW THAT AN ARCHER CAN OCCUPY. THIS WILL GIVE YOU LONGER RANGE AND ALLOW YOU TO TAKE OUT ENEMIES SAFELY FROM A DISTANCE.

CaptainMeme: Neat.

Xofelf: WELL I GUESS MY WORK HERE IS DONE GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR LET’S PLAY! I HOPE IT GOES WELL!!!! GODDESSSUPREME48 OUT!!!!!!!!

*flies through the ceiling*

Malkon: Well, that’s that. Let’s get on with the chapter now that you know that.

CaptainMeme: Yes let’s. I’ll just move here and then *unit dies* What the bloody hell?!

Malkon: Looks like you aren’t the only unit who can use a ballistae. *smirks*

CaptainMeme: I’m going to fuck some shit up.

*goes through a few more units before finally taking out the ballistae*

Malkon: Nice work, oh look! There’s a recruitable unit!

CaptainMeme: Oooh nice spot! *goes to recruit them and then squints* What the hell there’s only like 6 chapters left in this game and this unit is only like level 5?!

Malkon: *grins* This is what we call an “Est Archetype” which means a low level unit you recruit towards the end of the game. These units tend to be pretty great, but the amount of work to make them great isn’t often worth it.

CaptainMeme: Pretty sure I don’t need this unit *moves them to the back*

Malkon: We shall see if that is a good choice I guess.

*CaptainMeme moves the units to the castle portion of the map and as they enter the Lord classes up*

CaptainMeme: I was trying to figure out how the fuck to get him classed up, however once again why did this wait until we only had 6 chapters left in this game?!

Malkon: This is actually pretty common in the series and the lords usually don’t class up until late in the game.

CaptainMeme: This game is weird. Like I’ve been at level 20 with him for like 15 chapters. I think it’s weird how they have to wait until they can level up…or wait until 6 chapters before the end to appear in my party. Leveling up is weird in this game.

Malkon: I can see how that might be the thought. It looks like you are pretty much home free though so rather than bore the viewers with more gameplay, here’s some more music.

Spoiler: #20-#11

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:00 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 11: In Other News We Met Satan

CaptainMeme: This is it folks! The final chapter. Everything I have done up until this point determines whether I win this chapter or fail hardcore.

Malkon: *shrugs* It really could go either way with this one. I have no idea whether you’ve done enough to survive or not. But whether or not you are, it’s time to face, the demon king!

CaptainMeme: El Diablo.

Malkon: Satan.

CaptainMeme: Hades.

Malkon: …No. That’s…not…whatever. In any case, the game has dubbed this dude the Demon King. He’s the one you have been trying to thwart, and once we beat him, we can activate the Fire Emblem to seal him away and save the world.

CaptainMeme: Okay so like if there are demons in this world, aren’t there supposed to be like I don’t know angels or some biblical shit?

Malkon: Well think of the dragons as sort of a revered race and the girl you recruited is the last of her kind. So she’s sort of the angel for the party?

CaptainMeme: Well…I guess they do both have wings. Good enough I suppose. Let’s get on with it.

*A few units die trying to defeat old demon versions of bosses they’ve killed along the way*

CaptainMeme: This is some depressing shit. Like who reanimates dead people and makes them fight you again?

Malkon: I mean you are fighting the Demon King after all, anything is possible.

CaptainMeme: That’s such a Jeff Probst thing to say.

Malkon: Who the fuck is Jeff Probst?

CaptainMeme: That Survivor guy in the states?

Malkon: You still watch Survivor? Pffffft.

CaptainMeme: You still play weeb games? Pfffft.

Malkon: And what is it exactly that you think you are doing right now?

CaptainMeme: Getting viewers and making money.

Malkon: Well, based on our traffic one of those things is definitely happening.

CaptainMeme: You bet! Okay back to the game, so I’ve loaded up all the units with the best weapons and items, a few have gone but I’ve managed to keep the majority alive and-

*The Demon King appears and wipes out several units as if it were nothing*

CaptainMeme: Oh…oh shit.

Malkon: The hardest boss in the game. There’s an attack pattern cycle that you have to figure out how to navigate. But you seem to be doing so well so far that you can just figure it out. *smirks*

CaptainMeme: Oh gee, thanks, you good for nothing yankee. *plays a bit losing a few more units until finally he seems to get a hold of things, but only has 3 units remaining* Okay I’ve got this, however I have to pray one of these three units gets a critical hit, or triple damage-

Malkon: You’ve played this long and haven’t bothered to tell everyone what the hell a critical hit is?

CaptainMeme: Busy with other things. It’s your job to deal with the public.

Malkon: Okay well, CaptainMeme is in a precarious situation. He only has 3 units left and seems to have figured out the pattern, however…

CaptainMeme: *scowls as one of the units has perished*

Malkon: It’s getting dicey folks. He needs to land both of the next two hits and only if one is critical will he win the game. If he doesn’t…well the worst that can happen is he goes back to playing the chapter over. Either way it’s kind of exciting I guess.

CaptainMeme: *Gets a hit with the first character, but the die from the blowback*

Malkon: One…last…hit…

CaptainMeme: *closes eyes and forces the power of love and anime into this attack and sends the final unit in to deal the deathblow*

*the unit takes their blade and draws it back as the screen then begins to wig out a bit as their critical animation begins*

CaptainMeme: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*the critical damage is enough to kill the boss as it cries out and fades. The Fire Emblem appears and seals away the Demon King as all the downed units come back to life and leave as a final cut scene and then credits play*

Malkon: Nicely done. Thanks to the power of RNG, you did it!

CaptainMeme: Thank god, now I can get back to real games like Minecraft… *tries and sighs* except once again the bloody queues are backed up.

Malkon: So what next then?

CaptainMeme: *glares* …okay fine we can do more weeb game shit.

Malkon: *grins* that’s what I like to hear. This game has a sequel. Let’s boot er up next time. Until then, I’m The_Marvelous_Mr_Malkon.

CaptainMeme: And I’m xX_n00bs1ay3r_Xx.

*A loud crash is heard*

xofelf: AND I’M GODDESSSUPREME48!

All: And to all of the viewers we appreciate you taking the time to watch and pay attention to this Let’s Play. We hope you enjoy yourselves on our channel for many years to come!

Spoiler: #3-#1

Spoiler: Final Note From Malkon
This was written by Malkon, so it’s going to sound awkward, but congratulations to all of the characters this year, this was a lot of fun. Congratulations to Eagle for becoming the highest rated character of all time on Mish Mash by quite a margin! I doubt this record gets topped any time soon because it was such an epic character and you were incredible. To Edelgard and Lorenz, congrats, I had a lot of fun playing this game alongside you and it’s so easy to see why you two made the top 3. I had so much fun writing this and so much fun being a part of Mish Mash this year to experience all of this <3 Thanks for the memories and here’s to 2022. You all have some large character shoes to fill this year!

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:42 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Full list is updated over on the Character Poll Placings tab of the Anonymous Character Database! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... WM9iezps0/

-Het

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”