He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #810 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE COUNT 1 . 7

With 17 alive it takes 9 to Flip.
Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-03-02 12:15:27)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #815 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-25 20:01:00)[/b][/i] [/color]
This is the proper deadline.
Sorry copy pasta error. Can’t edit.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #816 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-25 20:01:00)

This is the proper deadline.
Sorry copy pasta error. Can’t edit.

Once more with feeling.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4121 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 2.22

5uffering(5)
~ (5), (68), (94), (172), (156)

War and Peace(2)
~ (3), (34)
Starcrossed(1)
~ (158)
Saudade(1)
~ (5)
Batsunami(1)
~ (1)
ItalianoVD(1)
~ (36), (322)
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (56)

Not Voting (5): (158), Red Eye Knights(23), (54), Toogeloo(32), (136)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to elim.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-28 00:01:00)

MOD REMINDERSToog is VLA.

{{ If a vote is in the wrong spot please let me know. I haven't had a chance to read the thread. }}
{{Also please ignore it's not in Alisae's awesome format. Thanks! }}
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5761 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

(This will be replaced by Alisae in a format of eis awesomeness)
Votecount 4.1

Not Voting (13): Morning Tweet(0), Starcrossed(0), KidAmn(0), SaraharaS(0), Fey(0), Dunnstral(0), Clidd(0), Toogeloo(0), Olaf(0), DkKoba(0), Pink Ball(0), Titus(0), Nancy Drew 39(0)

With 11 alive it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2021-03-22 22:02:15)

FLAVOR[youtube][/youtube]
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6667 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6658, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 6654, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 6649, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:You are the only ungated slot. Otherwise, there are two schools of thought when it comes to NKA. One is to kill the slot that’s most likely to push you, the other is NOT to do that. Perhaps scum didn’t kill you because they didn’t bus drive last night? And if they didn’t then why didn’t they?
There's only one scum left. They can't bus drive
and
kill (without multi-tasking). That would be the most likely reason by far.

Additionally, they only need to bus drive if they are trying to kill Star last night -- which they didnt
@mod can scum multitask or not?
As a general rule setup questions I do not answer in thread to avoid gaming the mod.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6705 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6697, Starcrossed wrote:@Mod

how does bus driver and rolestopper even interact if they target the same player?

Is it just based on who submits the night choice first?
As a rule I do not answer questions publically to avoid gaming the mod.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6706 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6705, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6697, Starcrossed wrote:@Mod

how does bus driver and rolestopper even interact if they target the same player?

Is it just based on who submits the night choice first?
As a rule I do not answer questions publically to avoid gaming the mod.
To be clear Alisae may but I do not as I am a backup mod
Whoops
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6773 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 6.1

KidAmn(4)
~ (2), (1), (57), (7), (7)
-- HAMMER

Not Voting (4): Morning Tweet(36), Pyro(20), Pink Ball(19), Titus(8)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to eliminate someone.

Day 6 deadline is like some point but was never updated so not needed

Budget VCA until Alisae makes it eir format. Locking thread. Some of you may have voted after hammer but the vote counter stops looking for votes once a hammer happens as the day is over.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6774 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

KidAmn was a Town Even Night Rolestopper

Night will be 2 days with time remaining (expired on 2021-03-27 01:17:35)

As always actions will need to be submitted with the same 1 hour rule Alisae mentioned.

Since there were mechanics questions about a rolestopper and what it can and cannot do in thread, I am providing the role PM below. This is similar to the wiki. I do not answer questions publicly to prevent meta gaming of the mod but Alisae may obviously but it's safer as a backup mod for me not to. I hope that doesn't annoy anyone.

Even Night Rolestopper
On even nights: You can target 1 other player; any actions performed on them will fail.
YOU WILL WIN THE GAME WHEN ALL THREATS TO THE TOWN HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7161 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7145, Alisae wrote:Koba's result was based on Math giving War and Peace information on how to fakeclaim Gunsmith with their results and they included the name of the target in their post. I went with this since this sets precedent for Koba's result which is why they got Toogeloo specifically mentioned in their result.

I probably modded this poorly but luckily MathBlade is a based co-mod and this might have fallen apart if not for them, idunno.

I didn't read the game but I know that these setups shouldn't have masons anymore and I highly suggest that they shouldn't for anyone who wants to run this style of game. It makes gameplay awful.
This was I would word output based upon Normal feedback for a role that I could or could not confirm exists.
Penguin Power mentioned the feedback would include the user in it. I was trying to be as vague as possible to avoid confirming a role or not while keeping in line with what was done for N1. Since scum mentioned the user in the reply I figured okay to go forward since scum’s expectation matched.

Sorry I haven’t had as much time to do VCs.

Just wanting you to know that the result or Your target result was discussed heavily and if you wanna be mad be mad at me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7164 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

I love making powers subvert expectations.

There was a chance Nancy got a fake guilty if she woulda hit rolestopped town. That woulda been wowza.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7166 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Gg everyone.

I hope y’all had fun.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7168 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7165, Alisae wrote:
In post 7161, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7145, Alisae wrote:Koba's result was based on Math giving War and Peace information on how to fakeclaim Gunsmith with their results and they included the name of the target in their post. I went with this since this sets precedent for Koba's result which is why they got Toogeloo specifically mentioned in their result.

I probably modded this poorly but luckily MathBlade is a based co-mod and this might have fallen apart if not for them, idunno.

I didn't read the game but I know that these setups shouldn't have masons anymore and I highly suggest that they shouldn't for anyone who wants to run this style of game. It makes gameplay awful.
This was I would word output based upon Normal feedback for a role that I could or could not confirm exists.
Penguin Power mentioned the feedback would include the user in it. I was trying to be as vague as possible to avoid confirming a role or not while keeping in line with what was done for N1. Since scum mentioned the user in the reply I figured okay to go forward since scum’s expectation matched.

Sorry I haven’t had as much time to do VCs.

Just wanting you to know that the result or Your target result was discussed heavily and if you wanna be mad be mad at me.
oh
ig everything was fine then?

I think so yes.
If someone wishes to discuss this further or has criticisms feel free but I think this was okay.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7172 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7169, Alisae wrote:I think this just goes to show that these things really do need to be hashed out during the review process.
This I agree with.

I was a bit lax having not modded much and was a bit anal over the wrong things.

So again that falls on me as backup mod.

Sorry.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7174 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7171, Titus wrote:We should have won this game if not for the toxic townfirms. We lost two elims in Koba's slot and Pink Ball's slot. If we get those back, we win. That naturally demotivated my scumteam.

To the rest of the town and scum, gg.
I think the replacements were pretty bad and I think we need a better solution site wide.

Hands were tied due to site rules.

Do you have a suggestion?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7182 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

I will post it after work. I only have discord on my phone during work hours and I try to avoid using discord while working unless I get pinged a lot.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7184 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7179, Titus wrote:
In post 7174, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7171, Titus wrote:We should have won this game if not for the toxic townfirms. We lost two elims in Koba's slot and Pink Ball's slot. If we get those back, we win. That naturally demotivated my scumteam.

To the rest of the town and scum, gg.
I think the replacements were pretty bad and I think we need a better solution site wide.

Hands were tied due to site rules.

Do you have a suggestion?
I don't. I would have declared them tactical replaceouts but that would have wrecked the game in favor of scum too far. It was a lose-lose situation.

We got punished for me doing my job as scum and that sucks to my mates.
I promise I will think of a suggestion for list mods at some point.

I agree with you that was a problem I couldn’t fix.

It’s why I tried being empathetic as I could within limits and phrased things.

I think towards the end some of your mech play kinda slipped but that’s probably due to reasons.

Dunn was pretty clutch at the end.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7193 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

Random note thanks to Cabd who linked me to a discord exporter and I will be putting that here for longevity after work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7196 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7195, SaraharaS wrote:good job town and especially Pyro for hard pushing like 3 of the scum! i don't agree that i'd have been TRing W&P during the earlier readslist, but my bussing without scumreading them first was uh... pretty dumb. like scumslip levels of dumb...

Titus suggested not responding to MT's thing so i followed that because i wasn't super paying attention to that stuff
The replace outs were annoying - especially Saudade's
That vig shoot was a good gamewinning shot. Nice decision.

sadly the masonary existing made me hate pretty much every minute of this game, just like i was expecting :(
i'm definitely not getting tricked into playing another one of these while there's masons around (whether or not they actually mattered, because i agree with everything i said about incentives/following the stump)
and ESPECIALLY not when there are super mean sadists like Titus forcing you to roll scum :mad: :P
Yeah I think masons in this setup isn’t viable
Quite honestly I would love to see it be draft and lurk stumps just join obs thread.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7201 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7197, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7164, MathBlade wrote:I love making powers subvert expectations.

There was a chance Nancy got a fake guilty if she woulda hit rolestopped town. That woulda been wowza.
How? I had a strongwilled disloyal vigshot? It bypasses everything including rolestopper and especially bus drivers. Strongwilled means nothing can bypass it no?
Strongman bypasses roleblocks/rolestops
Strongwilled bypasses redirection.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7205 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

A majority of the setup was built around scum being able to true claim a lot and giving lots of room for day play like Titus wanted
But giving a back door to invests but with controls to make sure not too many.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7207 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Vanilla cop was limited by vanillizer, so if scum got nilla’d room to hide and roles were low power to not be too penalizing
Vanillizer is also a scummy role so gave scum a miselim
If scum just Busdrive it then have to be careful who gets revealed as inno
Or could bus drive their goon for a gambit
Day vig could be claimed with night skip as a balance.
There was a lot here that didn’t get played with
#sadMathy
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7208 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7206, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7201, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7197, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7164, MathBlade wrote:I love making powers subvert expectations.

How? I had a strongwilled disloyal vigshot? It bypasses everything including rolestopper and especially bus drivers. Strongwilled means nothing can bypass it no?
Strongman bypasses roleblocks/rolestops
Strongwilled bypasses redirection.
I don’t understand, how could I possibly get a fake guilty on RS’d town and there wasn’t even a strongman in the setup.
Fake inno
Wrong word my bad.

Shoot scum.
Scum didn’t die because town rolestopper them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7216 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7215, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7213, Alisae wrote:
In post 7211, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Are you absolutely sure strongwilled doesn’t bypass rolestop, because had Krazy not died, that would have messed up the entire game.
Yes
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ong-Willed
Rip good thing that happened.
Those used to be two separate things.

Man I am old.
Thanks for correcting me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7217 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Facepalm sorry! Fail mod.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7221 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7219, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7215, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7213, Alisae wrote:
In post 7211, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Are you absolutely sure strongwilled doesn’t bypass rolestop, because had Krazy not died, that would have messed up the entire game.
Yes
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ong-Willed
Strong-Willed
Strong-Willed is a role modifier; it usually means that the player's abilities cannot be redirected or Roleblocked.
However, any result that may be attained can still be tampered with by roles that alter informational results, such as Framer. In short, it greatly increases the chance of the player's ability working like the player wants it to.

Some moderators will ambiguously use this to mean that the strong-willed player cannot be recruited (by Cult, Neighborizer, and so forth). If you are not sure, consult with the moderator.

Strong-Willed is not to be confused with Strongman.

Use and Power
Strong-Willed is usually incorporated for thematic purposes, or to specifically counter a particular role (like Strongman is). However, in practice it does not make a very large difference.
It says here it can’t be roleblocked, so I assume that also applies to rolestop as well.
Literally just admitted the derp.
Please don’t rub it in Nancy you’re right.
It used to be a long time ago, strongman was for roleblocks and BP
And strongwilled was just redirection.
It’s since changed to be strongman is the same but strongwilled is anything except BP,

Sorry again
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7229 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7228, Morning Tweet wrote:i like the emphasis on town having weaker PRs and there being more room for dayplay, soo much more fun than sleeping as VT and sheeping others cause they got more info IMO

i only spent so much time on doing mechanical stuff with my messages cause that's where my motivation felt like being
Glad you do!

Will keep it in mind for a math 2.0.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7246 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I abhor bus driver tbh.
It seems like a scum cop out.
Like “we couldn’t stop this with day play” or “let’s cause chaos” vs being the chaos.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7251 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7249, Titus wrote:
In post 7246, MathBlade wrote:I abhor bus driver tbh.
Like “we couldn’t stop this with day play” or “let’s cause chaos” vs being the chaos.
I included the bus driver to prevent any follow the cop scenarios that might arise. Those cannot be protected via nightplay. Same with mason clears. We needed a guaranteed way to kill the mech clears.
Meh follow the cop couldn’t exist bc of your rules :P
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7253 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7252, Titus wrote:
In post 7251, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7249, Titus wrote:
In post 7246, MathBlade wrote:I abhor bus driver tbh.
I included the bus driver to prevent any follow the cop scenarios that might arise. Those cannot be protected via nightplay. Same with mason clears. We needed a guaranteed way to kill the mech clears.
Meh follow the cop couldn’t exist bc of your rules :P
Follow the mason could. Follow the vanilla cop would have been a thing too.
Follow the mason is why masons should be banned from the setup.
Cant stop Nancy from playing.
Follow vanilla cop with a vanillizer :P

I mean you could but....
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7255 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7254, Titus wrote:Vanillaizer was dead. Last scum confirmed as PR. Any VT result = clear.

Follow the Vanilla cop.
That woulda been because of your play.
There was rolestopper and vanillizer and rolecop.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7268 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ztfyt9ofaol2 ... D.txt?dl=0

Pasting this as spoilered text errored out. So here's the text file anything on discord after this scan is meh.
I will be asking Alisae to delete the chat later.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”