Tactical Sub-Outs

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 3, samantha97 wrote:I think replacements should be exclusively for when people literally can't play the game, rather than not feeling like it. The problem is it's easy to just lie about that. I think there should be a flat mafia suspension attached to all replacements, e.g. if you replace out, you can't join mafia games for 2 weeks (with ramping duration for repeated, with a reset after x games without replace outs)
I'm not arguing that this would be a bad idea, I'm arguing that 2 weeks is a bit (way) too long to ban someone from joining new mafia games because of replacing out, seeing as if you were in multiple games and you needed to replace out of one game, the odds are that you'll need to replace out of all/most games since the reason behind replacing out of one game usually affects other games as well (too little time to commit, stressed out, health issues, etc.), which makes it that much harder to join any new mafia games as someone who doesn't abuse the system, while it doesn't punish those who would do the so-called tactical sub-out who are also in other games.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”