Micro 1003: Divide and Conquer - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 770, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 682, Ydrasse wrote:pooky, what's different between this game and nancy vs titus, by the way?

it feels like, generally, when you're town and someone you Like is town, you sort of don't immediately jump to thinking they're scum and start pushing them and trying to case; it feels like you call them silly, go "oh you're town haha and all your reads are good but not that one!" and you're not... doing that this game? there's a lack of silliness when it comes to the /content/ (because even when you were getting pushed there i feel you had a sense of levity in how you responded) and here it's just like you are more down to business, "he is scum he is not town with a bad read" and i want to understand what you think the difference is? because from what i can tell, you shouldn't be reacting like this to his read on you (at least, fmpov beacuse i think he's town) :<

i also have a tinfoil i will keep to myself that makes me think you are leaning more into scum

Well you can read in the mason discord, I said I thought Hectic's probly town because all of his scumreads except for me are the same as all of my scumreads so he's got the same approach to the game as me.

That's not possible to do here because there's no multiple other scumreads for me to use as a baseline to read him.
hmmm

i left the mason discord so i can't really read it :<

pooky

what are your reads right now? if youve given them can u quote them
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 771, Ydrasse wrote:he doesn't need it to survive but it's still nice nonetheless

i think another issue i have with him is that he has this really cool obvious plan, he is the number 1 fan for it, but i haven't seen him do a lot to like... see it to fruition to actually catch scum, which maybe im hypocritical bc lord knows i don't always do things, but idk, just feels like there's no passion there
yeh it’s nice but not worth just... not getting the cred and seeing if town successfully shoot themselves in the foot

again, when has pooky traditionally done that much to actually see his plans through? I think I’ve seen pooky kind of effort when pushing someone but mostly I feel like I only see him effort when he’s under pressure to not die
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 773, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 764, Ydrasse wrote:i will never be convinced to kill no face btw idc idc idc im doubling down on the townread and i am going to look like a fool if hes scum afte r this game but i've cracked the code where i know how to read him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you have literally never played a game with scum!him so how would you know what scum!him looks like?
i don't but as it stands right now i feel assured in that, i understand how he approaches reading things, and yes maybe he can replicate it, but in this specific game i was able to identify his like... the way he reads things as town, that i have seen him do over and over, DESPITE the fact that there was a gimmick that i had to read past, which makes me feel especially good about townreading him right now
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Menalque »

I could also strongly entertain a no face wagon
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 776, Menalque wrote:
In post 771, Ydrasse wrote:he doesn't need it to survive but it's still nice nonetheless

i think another issue i have with him is that he has this really cool obvious plan, he is the number 1 fan for it, but i haven't seen him do a lot to like... see it to fruition to actually catch scum, which maybe im hypocritical bc lord knows i don't always do things, but idk, just feels like there's no passion there
yeh it’s nice but not worth just... not getting the cred and seeing if town successfully shoot themselves in the foot

again, when has pooky traditionally done that much to actually see his plans through? I think I’ve seen pooky kind of effort when pushing someone but mostly I feel like I only see him effort when he’s under pressure to not die
i dunno, risk/reward depending on the person

idk i think that he can is the thing, and i just have bad feelings about him not seeing this one through when it's a pretty slam dunk plan to have and nets the town a win and yet he's fine with Not seeing this one through. which sure he doesn't do others but in this case it's like... ??
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm going to beat you all up if you vote no face
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 777, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 764, Ydrasse wrote:i will never be convinced to kill no face btw idc idc idc im doubling down on the townread and i am going to look like a fool if hes scum afte r this game but i've cracked the code where i know how to read him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you have literally never played a game with scum!him so how would you know what scum!him looks like?
i don't but as it stands right now i feel assured in that, i understand how he approaches reading things, and yes maybe he can replicate it, but in this specific game i was able to identify his like... the way he reads things as town, that i have seen him do over and over, DESPITE the fact that there was a gimmick that i had to read past, which makes me feel especially good about townreading him right now

do you think his scum game is noticeably different from his town game?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Menalque »

Infinity justify ur SR on me
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 781, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 777, Ydrasse wrote:

do you think his scum game is noticeably different from his town game?
i know you're going to think this is like, an insane person's rambling but yes, i don't expect anyone else to understand what i'm seeing when i go like, there's a way he thinks about games that i can identify from over time that very much clicks for me as town/not town, and i'm going to feel dumb the day that comes that he's scum against me sure maybe, but like. i feel even then i'll probably have some pings that make me go ? from him and i literally have no pings right now, zero, he's town and he's town beyond the gimmick
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: no face
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm

In post 775, Ydrasse wrote:pooky

what are your reads right now? if youve given them can u quote them

No Face is scum and Bingle is his partner
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

STOP
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 782, Menalque wrote:Infinity justify ur SR on me
Honestly no

The only scummy thing you've done is have an aggressive/pushy tone after the soul circle stuff and I'd expect that to upset scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

oh my god the one time i am confident and you all scorn me
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Menalque »

So you’re basically voting me because you’re pissy about me lampooning the pooky wagon?
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by No Face »

Menalque I don't remember the last time you townread me D:

actually it was that time I was scum in nightmare :<
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 540, Infinity 324 wrote:In the future if someone doesn't like a PoE vote that I make, questioning my TRs is much more useful than questioning the vote itself
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm

In post 783, Ydrasse wrote:i know you're going to think this is like, an insane person's rambling but yes, i don't expect anyone else to understand what i'm seeing when i go like, there's a way he thinks about games that i can identify from over time that very much clicks for me as town/not town, and i'm going to feel dumb the day that comes that he's scum against me sure maybe, but like. i feel even then i'll probably have some pings that make me go ? from him and i literally have no pings right now, zero, he's town and he's town beyond the gimmick

The way he thinks about how to push an elimination as town is the same as how he thinks about how to push an elimination as scum. They are two sides of the same coin.

If it was different he would be caught as scum... The thought process doesn't change.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Menalque »

I literally couldnt care less about the soul circle stuff, I’m just in a slightly peppery mood and seeing pooky reach E-1 for no reason was a provocation
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by No Face »

Pooky you're treating me like I'm guilty until proven innocent :/
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 792, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 783, Ydrasse wrote:i know you're going to think this is like, an insane person's rambling but yes, i don't expect anyone else to understand what i'm seeing when i go like, there's a way he thinks about games that i can identify from over time that very much clicks for me as town/not town, and i'm going to feel dumb the day that comes that he's scum against me sure maybe, but like. i feel even then i'll probably have some pings that make me go ? from him and i literally have no pings right now, zero, he's town and he's town beyond the gimmick

The way he thinks about how to push an elimination as town is the same as how he thinks about how to push an elimination as scum. They are two sides of the same coin.

If it was different he would be caught as scum... The thought process doesn't change.
i genuinely don't think so, like i said i don't expect anyone to get it because i'm identifying like, something very specific i think that i can See as he posts/thinks through a game, there's this fluidity, and it;s here, and just

no face town
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 752, Menalque wrote:
In post 747, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 743, Menalque wrote:
In post 741, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the scum in the 3pool can't bus
This isn’t true and is a bad assumption and lends itself to gambiting
i mean sure they could go very gambitty but I wanna push the scum to take risks in this kind of setup
Let’s just lim vanders and win automatically
I think we're approaching the point where your approach towards me is going from a towny perspective that makes sense, to you being way too confident on this while ignoring all of my many posts I make to you to implore you to try to find out if the things you don't like about me that are similar to last game are indicative of me being scum or just me as a player.
I don't even mind that you didn't like my pooky vote either.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 791, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 540, Infinity 324 wrote:In the future if someone doesn't like a PoE vote that I make, questioning my TRs is much more useful than questioning the vote itself
I don’t follow at all
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 790, No Face wrote:Menalque I don't remember the last time you townread me D:

actually it was that time I was scum in nightmare :<
Vote vanders and u get to live
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 793, Menalque wrote:I literally couldnt care less about the soul circle stuff, I’m just in a slightly peppery mood and seeing pooky reach E-1 for no reason was a provocation
Spoiler:
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”