Micro 1003: Divide and Conquer - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 970, No Face wrote:
In post 966, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm obviously town

I would just be shitposting nonstop in the 3P if I was scum >.>
Why would you put yourself in the 3p hood? 2_"
I wouldnt be able to resist flirting with skitter in a 3p hood while she paranoiad over whether I am scum :3.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 971, No Face wrote:
In post 969, Vanderscamp wrote:I think it might be pooky and bingle.
I really don't like Bingle for agreeing with Pooky's reasoning that I'm scummy for not reevaluating that one of my scumreads happens to be voting the other. I've been pushed for this as town before and I've never understood it, I just treat my reads independently, and no, Bingle voting for Pooky while I'm sus of both is not going to magically make me less suspicious of Pooky. Yes, it means they are less likely to be aligned if Bingle commits to that vote/push but before that, distancing is a thing, and even if I think Bingle/Pooky aren't aligned, what do I do? I townread 4 others in that and Pooky is nullscum, I don't just randomly go and scumread one of my townreads. I just really don't understand that scumread/reason at all but maybe Pooky and I just think differently

What I really don't like is Bingle agreeing with that assessment though (_(
I agree, I think your stance has consistently made sense and I don't like pooky for going after it, and I don't like bingle for his non commitment about it.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 973, No Face wrote:Maybe I should vote for Bingle then :!
I'm happy to vote for bingle, I still maintain that killing into the small pool is totally fine, if not better.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 964, Menalque wrote:Y dont u think he’s scum?
Mostly gut. I liked his gamestate analysis and his response to my tinfoil felt unconcerned. He's easily my weakest townread, though and I was hoping for spicy reasons to scumread him as an angle of engagement. Your handwaivey everything argument is kinda disappointing, tbh.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 978, Bingle wrote:liked his gamestate analysis
Why/what about it
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 978, Bingle wrote:Your handwaivey everything argument is kinda disappointing,
I’m not really sure what you mean here

Like I don’t think I handwaived it at all, I p clearly explained why I’m now thinking norwee’s approach to the game is sus
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 971, No Face wrote:
In post 969, Vanderscamp wrote:I think it might be pooky and bingle.
I really don't like Bingle for agreeing with Pooky's reasoning that I'm scummy for not reevaluating that one of my scumreads happens to be voting the other. I've been pushed for this as town before and I've never understood it, I just treat my reads independently, and no, Bingle voting for Pooky while I'm sus of both is not going to magically make me less suspicious of Pooky. Yes, it means they are less likely to be aligned if Bingle commits to that vote/push but before that, distancing is a thing, and even if I think Bingle/Pooky aren't aligned, what do I do? I townread 4 others in that and Pooky is nullscum, I don't just randomly go and scumread one of my townreads. I just really don't understand that scumread/reason at all but maybe Pooky and I just think differently

What I really don't like is Bingle agreeing with that assessment though (_(
I'm not sure what your issue with it is, tbh.

Your reason for Pooky scum is that you townread 4 people who aren't named Pooky. Pooky thinks (thought?) you're not making a genuine effort to read him. He is, objectively, right. Pooky thinks that you should, if town, at least consider the implications of voting alongside one of your strongest scumreads on a PoE read. I don't see how any of that is unreasonable as an argument, especially in the absence of strong evidence implicating someone.

I would be interested in your responses to my multiple requests for towncases though.
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by No Face »

You were a PoE read at the time, I had no reasons to think you were scum

I had some reasons to think Pooky were scum but they weren't strong, see here:
In post 668, No Face wrote:Pooky if you want the reasons why I think you could be scum and have been on the back of No Face's mind:

In the last coalition game you played as town, you were really excited about the prospect of a day 1 win and actively pushed hard for it. But while doing this you were also outting lots of reads are trying to win the game by finding town and scum

In this game, you acted similarly about the big day 1 win but did nothing to help it like giving reads or finding town/scum. It's like you're going through the motions but not doing the fieldwork I saw you were eager to do in that coalition game

:/
I have absolutely no issue voting alongside a PoE read on someone that I think could be scum

Who do you want me to towncase? !_!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 954, Menalque wrote:
In post 945, Bingle wrote:Really?

Whyfore? Just because I townread him?
Yes

Because I think he’s scum

No
In post 962, Menalque wrote:
In post 960, Bingle wrote:Why do you think norwee is scum?
Because of posts in his ISO
This is basically the definition of handwaivy. You did give the area around 600 to look at and I'm going to go do that in a minute, but when I ask a townread why they scumread someone pretty much the last thing I want is to hear "Everything".
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 982, No Face wrote:You were a PoE read at the time, I had no reasons to think you were scum

I had some reasons to think Pooky were scum but they weren't strong, see here:
In post 668, No Face wrote:Pooky if you want the reasons why I think you could be scum and have been on the back of No Face's mind:

In the last coalition game you played as town, you were really excited about the prospect of a day 1 win and actively pushed hard for it. But while doing this you were also outting lots of reads are trying to win the game by finding town and scum

In this game, you acted similarly about the big day 1 win but did nothing to help it like giving reads or finding town/scum. It's like you're going through the motions but not doing the fieldwork I saw you were eager to do in that coalition game

I have absolutely no issue voting alongside a PoE read on someone that I think could be scum

Who do you want me to towncase? !_!
I don't think Y is locktown, and you're probably the first person I'd expect to understand that, so that's the one I'm most interested in tbh.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 979, Menalque wrote:
In post 978, Bingle wrote:liked his gamestate analysis
Why/what about it
In post 578, Bingle wrote:
In post 541, NorwegianboyEE wrote:My theory is that the hood distribution proves we have a ballsy player that wants to take on the big league and prove themselves in the small hood, and a more clever deepwolf that will be trying to sound town, harmless, and pocket town in the bigger hood.
Small hood is for the powerful bruiser, big hood for the long-living wolf.
In post 544, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Long story short is that i more or less townread other slots in the 6p group and i think Vanderscamp's not really towntold yet and could therefore be scum just faking mediocre content.
Norwee, can you tell me about how these two positions mesh?

Cause I firmly agree with the gamestate read and think it heavily implies the read on Vander is wrong.
I'm currently waiting on a response, but this.
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by No Face »

Ydrasse isn't locktown, but is very likely town because:

-Probably doesn't put herself in group of 6 when person in there needs to survive longer
(she doesn't think highly of her scumgame and she just came out of a scumgame which lasted a while)

-Didn't feel the need to fake any solving early, wasn't trying to "look town" as Infinity would put it

-None of the solving she's done since then has raised any red flags. It's all things I can see the logic behind and why she believes it

-Ydrasse rarely puts herself on the line or really out there as scum, and her so vehemently defending me or pushing Pooky is town-indicative

-The exclamation mark read by Infinity is unironically good

This is a pretty subjective and hard to sheep towncase, but you asked for it

Also, on an unrelated note, Infinity is now my top townread in the group of 3

^.^
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 968, Vanderscamp wrote:But you are not very willing to keep pooky at E-1 as evidenced by your unvote when he got there, so what pooky is saying is just wrong.
Do you think we should end the day right now?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:19 pm

1. That coalition game was me and koba hydra'd and we were both spamming the game cuz when you put 2 alpha-shitposters in a hydra you get an alpha-shitposter squared.

2. my reads that game weren't very good - pretty much had a scum in my coalition the whole time, I was wrong about farren almost the entire way I think?

3. me taking over the thread that game actually stagnated the game state because once everyone was like "ok bear is obvtown and we will sheep them" - the game state slowed down dramatically and people stopped posting as much and we ended up getting bored and not having really an idea of what to do.

4. the only thing I thought I did successfully that game was abuse norwee enough to the point where he obvtown'd himself. I felt kind of bad about that afterwards and I think I'm better at reading him now so I don't think I need to resort to a full scale shitpush just to sort his slot anymore.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 986, No Face wrote:she doesn't think highly of her scumgame
Is this actually accurate? I got the opposite impression from FLectic. She seemed pretty comfortable pocketing FL and you drafter her.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Bingle »

You were town in shea's among us Pooky, right? Which side of the alternate wincon debate did you fall?
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 989, Bingle wrote:
In post 986, No Face wrote:she doesn't think highly of her scumgame
Is this actually accurate? I got the opposite impression from FLectic. She seemed pretty comfortable pocketing FL and you drafter her.
She jokes about being the best scum player etc but she doesn't actually think she's good as scum, no

She pocketed Flava with good vibes and fluff, not solving honestly £-
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm

In post 990, Bingle wrote:You were town in shea's among us Pooky, right? Which side of the alternate wincon debate did you fall?
I wanted to no elim -> taskwin
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 988, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

1. That coalition game was me and koba hydra'd and we were both spamming the game cuz when you put 2 alpha-shitposters in a hydra you get an alpha-shitposter squared.

2. my reads that game weren't very good - pretty much had a scum in my coalition the whole time, I was wrong about farren almost the entire way I think?

3. me taking over the thread that game actually stagnated the game state because once everyone was like "ok bear is obvtown and we will sheep them" - the game state slowed down dramatically and people stopped posting as much and we ended up getting bored and not having really an idea of what to do.

4. the only thing I thought I did successfully that game was abuse norwee enough to the point where he obvtown'd himself. I felt kind of bad about that afterwards and I think I'm better at reading him now so I don't think I need to resort to a full scale shitpush just to sort his slot anymore.
Okay

I just read Norwee by waiting for someone else to push him and seeing how he reacts 2_2
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 987, Bingle wrote:
In post 968, Vanderscamp wrote:But you are not very willing to keep pooky at E-1 as evidenced by your unvote when he got there, so what pooky is saying is just wrong.
Do you think we should end the day right now?
I'd rather end the day with a Pooky kill now than not do so and risk someone I'm less happy killing getting lynched.
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by No Face »

Pooky do you disagree with or still think I'm scummy for it?_?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:32 pm

Do you not understand that if Bingle and I were team-scum and if I were to flip scum he would just lose there and the distancing would be worth not a thing?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Bingle »

I'm functionally the exact opposite. I'd rather have a suboptimal elimination and enough content to analyze later on, and I think your stance is an inherently silly one.

Also, I'm fully confident in my ability to force through a Pooky elim if I decide that's what I really want.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 996, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Do you not understand that if Bingle and I were team-scum and if I were to flip scum he would just lose there and the distancing would be worth not a thing?
I'm not sure if this is referring to me, but I understand that point.

I don't think scum are going to refuse to vote their partners at any point, because that's very obvious.
Bingle has just clearly implied that he's against early majorities, and he is almost certainly not the only one.

I think scum bussing at random points in the day (especially prior to unvoting their partner when they actually reach E-1) is extremely possible since I think scum can expect their partners to often not get randomly majjed without warning.
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 998, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 996, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Do you not understand that if Bingle and I were team-scum and if I were to flip scum he would just lose there and the distancing would be worth not a thing?
I'm not sure if this is referring to me, but I understand that point.

I don't think scum are going to refuse to vote their partners at any point, because that's very obvious.
Bingle has just clearly implied that he's against early majorities, and he is almost certainly not the only one.

I think scum bussing at random points in the day (especially prior to unvoting their partner when they actually reach E-1) is extremely possible since I think scum can expect their partners to often not get randomly majjed without warning.
^Vander answered for me Pooky

Also, again: You and Bingle were never a team read, it was just my independent leans for each group. Pre-flip solving bad :+

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”