Micro 1003: Divide and Conquer - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:13 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like the way I think about votes in the early game, you're going for two things

1) Reactions
2) Kills

If you vote and start talking to them, you're looking for a certain reaction to help you solve their slot

If you vote and you don't talk to them and just twiddle your thumbs while they get closer to elim - you're voting to kill them.

I find scum tend to vote early, then never read-progress as the wagon builds, then when it goes thru early and a kill happens, they don't have accountability issues on the next day.

For example I was elimmed d1 recently in a newbie game, the scum was the first person who voted me and he never came back to talk to me, I got quick-elimmed and he ended up winning fairly quickly.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:14 am

In post 1147, No Face wrote:
In post 1144, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1142, No Face wrote:I've been talking about your reaction and trying to understand it nonstop since it happened Pooky -.-
Ok explain how this reaction makes more sense from scum!me than town!me then
I thought 1v1s were your thing as scum? Might be where you're more comfortable in or thought you needed to cause this and not get PoEd out if I was correct in townreading everyone else. Are you saying you wouldn't react like this as scum>

?.?
Ok buddy are you honestly going to say that you think I have the upper hand 1v1ing you here?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:14 am

Post by No Face »

In post 1146, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1143, No Face wrote:it was the first irl day of the game and you blew it out of proportion like I was lining you up as the designated mislaunch or something which baffles me
are you not trying to kill me? like am i reading this situation wrong here?
I do want you flipped now, but not back then, it was a vote, not
I want to kill this person right now
. The reason I scumread you now is because of the way you've reacted to this whole thing 4-4
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If you say "Lmao, i would NEVER do that as scum" that just shows it is perfectly valid for scum!you to do exactly that.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:15 am

Post by No Face »

In post 1151, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1147, No Face wrote:
In post 1144, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1142, No Face wrote:I've been talking about your reaction and trying to understand it nonstop since it happened Pooky -.-
Ok explain how this reaction makes more sense from scum!me than town!me then
I thought 1v1s were your thing as scum? Might be where you're more comfortable in or thought you needed to cause this and not get PoEd out if I was correct in townreading everyone else. Are you saying you wouldn't react like this as scum>

?.?
Ok buddy are you honestly going to say that you think I have the upper hand 1v1ing you here?
The support didn't go your way but what indication did you have it wouldn't when you started this whole thing? '/'
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:15 am

In post 1152, No Face wrote:I do want you flipped now, but not back then, it was a vote, not I want to kill this person right now. The reason I scumread you now is because of the way you've reacted to this whole thing 4-4
ok then explain to me why scum!me wants to force a 1v1 then
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1145, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Skitter/Bingle wasn't in this game he was supposedly vigged as scum i find it a bit sus Bingle keeps bringing it up, like they came up with a plan to use this as the line of defense if Vanderscamp ever get's run up.
So... The conclusion is that if Vanderscamp is scum he's almost certainly scum with me. Why then, are you voting Vanderscamp instead of me.

And let's be crystal clear here: You are 100% aware that this is exactly the type of logic town me uses to solve a game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:16 am

In post 1154, No Face wrote:The support didn't go your way but what indication did you have it wouldn't when you started this whole thing? '/'
I started this whole thing when you put me at e-1 and there were multiple people not on the wagon who indicated they would be ok with killing me.

why would I even think support would go my way ? r u seirous?!?!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1156, Bingle wrote:Why then, are you voting Vanderscamp instead of me.
Because we're voting in 6P today.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You're also giving me scum!Flavour Leaf vibes.

- Bunno
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 am

Post by No Face »

In post 1155, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1152, No Face wrote:I do want you flipped now, but not back then, it was a vote, not I want to kill this person right now. The reason I scumread you now is because of the way you've reacted to this whole thing 4-4
ok then explain to me why scum!me wants to force a 1v1 then
Pooky why do you keep asking me these questions like I have to perfectly explain your scum motivations to determine you're scum? Your reaction feels bad faith to me and that's scummy

I could ask you the same question: Why do I pick
you
of everyone to vote in the first place, and when you push back on me, why do I double down? You know I don't like 1v1s or conflicts like this, and would rather avoid it as scum

2_2
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Pooky, No Face. What's your reasons for scumreading/not scumreading any of Vanderscamp/Bingle?

- Bunno
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:18 am

Post by No Face »

In post 1157, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1154, No Face wrote:The support didn't go your way but what indication did you have it wouldn't when you started this whole thing? '/'
I started this whole thing when you put me at e-1 and there were multiple people not on the wagon who indicated they would be ok with killing me.

why would I even think support would go my way ? r u seirous?!?!
No? It was before you were ever put on e-1.1
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:18 am

In post 1160, No Face wrote:Pooky why do you keep asking me these questions like I have to perfectly explain your scum motivations to determine you're scum? Your reaction feels bad faith to me and that's scummy

I could ask you the same question: Why do I pick you of everyone to vote in the first place, and when you push back on me, why do I double down? You know I don't like 1v1s or conflicts like this, and would rather avoid it as scum

2_2
Because I don't think you've actually thought out why this reaction makes 0 sense from Scum!Me and I wouldn't react to town!you pushing me this way as scum at all.

You doubling down on voting me out for my reaction to you is borderline ridiculous at this point
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 am

In post 1162, No Face wrote:No? It was before you were ever put on e-1.1
really? which post do you think I started 1v1ing you in then?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:20 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You've both got so much words to spare on each other, how about sharing some on other slots.

- Bunno
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1153, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If you say "Lmao, i would NEVER do that as scum" that just shows it is perfectly valid for scum!you to do exactly that.
There is precisely one thing where "I would never do that as scum" counts for me. That is make the game mechanically unwinnable for scum me. Literally everything else is in my playbook.

My argument isn't about me and Vanderscamp not being a viable team (We totally are) or me and Pooky being a viable team (We totally are) or me and everyone else being a viable team (We totally are). It never will be. It's that skitter and Vanderscamp isn't a viable team and infinity and Vanderscamp isn't a viable team and so if you think Vanderscamp is scum you should be voting me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1159, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You're also giving me scum!Flavour Leaf vibes.
The main difference between our playstyles is that FL tries to win the game and I try to make the game winnable.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 am

In post 1160, No Face wrote:I could ask you the same question: Why do I pick you of everyone to vote in the first place, and when you push back on me, why do I double down? You know I don't like 1v1s or conflicts like this, and would rather avoid it as scum
because positionally you're winning and able to push through this mis-elim.

It's a helluva lot easier than to flip one of your other townreads to a scumread.

and I think you might be enjoying 1v1ing me as much as you keep saying you don't.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I will be voting Vanderscamp because if he's scum with you or anyone else it's an insta-win.

- Bunno
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:22 am

Post by No Face »

all indicate you think I'm scum, no?]]#
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1169, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I will be voting Vanderscamp because if he's scum with you or anyone else it's an insta-win.
Do you agree or disagree that he's probably not scum with anyone else?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:24 am

In post 1170, No Face wrote: all indicate you think I'm scum, no?]]#
actually those were reach outs where I give you the chance to re-consider your mis-elim push on me in the presence of new information aka bingle voting/pushing me as well.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:24 am

Post by No Face »

You worded them like you think I'm scum and putting on a farce.../.
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:26 am

Post by No Face »

In post 1163, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1160, No Face wrote:Pooky why do you keep asking me these questions like I have to perfectly explain your scum motivations to determine you're scum? Your reaction feels bad faith to me and that's scummy

I could ask you the same question: Why do I pick you of everyone to vote in the first place, and when you push back on me, why do I double down? You know I don't like 1v1s or conflicts like this, and would rather avoid it as scum

2_2
Because I don't think you've actually thought out why this reaction makes 0 sense from Scum!Me and I wouldn't react to town!you pushing me this way as scum at all.

You doubling down on voting me out for my reaction to you is borderline ridiculous at this point
You keep saying you wouldn't react like this as scum, then how would you actually? You gave a non-serious answer earlier, but I'd be interested in hearing how you think you'd actually react 1{£

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”