Newbie 2061 | Views of Tallinn | Town wins

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am

Post by iN3krO »

In post 32, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If scum he's just 100% bad tho, and hard to wagon cus people just say he always plays like a completely anti-town goober. and therefore rather suspect the town pushing for his lim.

That does sound like a perfectly good first day lynch so we don't depend on him being good later in the game :)
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:Sudowoodo is scum btw, incredibly stilted RVS posting
Sorry about that i guess? As i said before, im spanish and not used to play in english so i can be kinda overexcited :lol:

Anyway, that way of thinking of you sounds totally right tbh
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 76, Samawoodo wrote:Anyway, that way of thinking of you sounds totally right tbh
What do you mean here?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 77, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 76, Samawoodo wrote:Anyway, that way of thinking of you sounds totally right tbh
What do you mean here?
Yeah, i mean

Stilted posting = Scum

I cant blame him, actually, if i were playing in spanish and i find a guy who could be overreacting i would suspect him aswell :lol:

That's why i said, that way of thinking sounds totally right for me

Apologies in advance, maybe the way im expressing myself is not easy to understand because the language gap :lol:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Willing to give Sudowoodo the benefit of the doubt for now even though his English seems perfectly good, in3kro's intro is disgustingly opportunistic
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Toriiiiiiiiiiii »

Hello :D I have no idea what I'm doing..............
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hiiiiiiiiiiii
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:17 am

OOOOOHHH I just got voted how nice ummm I mean I haven't really done much either...Ok here's a sus, @NorwegianboyEE maybe...? I mean they seem kinda mean...hehehe
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 am

Post by iN3krO »

I'm liking Norwee.

For now I think CatBoi could have had said some more other than directly adresing a player based on a previous game.

As for Marci and Meow for now I don't see anything wrong with either but I think we should all be careful with you being aquaintances as it could make you more prone to believe each other townie.

With days so long how do you usually manage timing?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 83, iN3krO wrote:As for Marci and Meow for now I don't see anything wrong with either but I think we should all be careful with you being aquaintances as it could make you more prone to believe each other townie.
I like this line of thinking from you. :oops: :oops: tho me and meuh usually sus eachother more then we townread eachother.. i don't mind you guys being careful about us if you feel it's needed tho!
In post 82, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:OOOOOHHH I just got voted how nice ummm I mean I haven't really done much either...Ok here's a sus, @NorwegianboyEE maybe...? I mean they seem kinda mean...hehehe
have you ever played mafia games before?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 83, iN3krO wrote:I'm liking Norwee.

For now I think CatBoi could have had said some more other than directly adresing a player based on a previous game.

As for Marci and Meow for now I don't see anything wrong with either but I think we should all be careful with you being aquaintances as it could make you more prone to believe each other townie.

With days so long how do you usually manage timing?
Spoiler:
Meow LMAO :lol:

Tbh me and Marci's reads on each other seem to be more biased towards scumreading each other than anything, as we've seen in our past 2 games here (we were both VT in both of the games):

In 2054, I was one of the people pushing Marci on day 2, and iirc Marci also maintained a bit of sus on me throughout most of the game
In 2056, I'm pretty sure Marci scumread me? I felt like somewhere null about her
This is off memory but yeah I don't think we're biased like that

As for timing, from my experience, with the length of the days, I'd say on day 1, we kinda just discuss, let the game develop until there's ~3 (irl) days left to the day, then focus shifts a bit more towards finding an acceptable hammer and actually getting votes on the player.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
In post 82, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:OOOOOHHH I just got voted how nice ummm I mean I haven't really done much either...Ok here's a sus, @NorwegianboyEE maybe...? I mean they seem kinda mean...hehehe
Votes that early don't really mean anything, they're just meant to pressure others, you didn't do anything wrong to get a vote, also that vote is off of you at this point and on me :cool:

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
In post 79, Not_Mafia wrote:Willing to give Sudowoodo the benefit of the doubt for now even though his English seems perfectly good, in3kro's intro is disgustingly opportunistic
Even if you're pretty solid in another language, it's still pretty normal not to feel secure in it, especially since well, to make mistakes, you have to be unaware of them. It's hard to be confident in your linguistic abilities when talking a second language.

Also even if his syntax and spelling is fine, that doesn't mean he can't have more trouble properly expressing the messages he's trying to communicate
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 79, Not_Mafia wrote:Willing to give Sudowoodo the benefit of the doubt for now even though his English seems perfectly good, in3kro's intro is disgustingly opportunistic
I'm inclined to agree, at least about Ink. Not a good first post if your goal is to appear townie :P
As far as Samo is concerned, I believe the language gap, and even if I didn't, it's more than reasonable for a new player to be nervous and that nervousness could easily manifest as awkwardness.

That said, Ink, I do
get
it, someone who could flip either way and isn't being particularly helpful is a better than random elimination on day one.
A worse pick than someone that actually looks
scummy
, but at least if you're wrong you're not going to lose someone who's helping out.
But for all the troll posts and non sequiturs, I don't think he's being entirely unhelpful. He's pointing things out, at least.

So I'm not convinced that he fits that category, at least right now :P
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Uhhh I've played a few mafia games but not in this format..(how does one quote)

I'm not sure yet but I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 85, Meuh wrote:In 2056, I'm pretty sure Marci scumread me? I felt like somewhere null about her
is 2056 the one that just ended? if it is, I remember I mainly scumread you yeah. :dead: :dead:
In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Uhhh I've played a few mafia games but not in this format..(how does one quote)
ahhh okay.

i think if you look at the top right of a post it'll say quote. idk what Q+ does tho :dead:
In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:I'm not sure yet but I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor
do you have any reasons for meuh/in3kor yet..? or is it more just general vibes?
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by lendunistus »

Newbie 2061 - Votecount 1.3

Votecount
Pearofclubs (2):
Meuh, catboi
Not_Mafia (1):
Not_Mafia
Toriiiiiiiiiiii (1):
Samawoodo
Meuh (1):
NorwegianBoyEE
Not Voting (4):
Toriiiiiiiiiiii, iN3krO, marcistar and Pearofclubs

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate a player.

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-04-17 15:00:00)

Vote historyMeuh votes Pearofclubs: Post #9
NorwegianBoyEE votes Not_Mafia: Post #10
Samawoodo votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #15
catboi votes Pearofclubs: Post #45
Not_Mafia votes themselves: Post #46
NorwegianBoyEE votes Meuh: Post #60
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:13 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 88, marcistar wrote:
In post 85, Meuh wrote:In 2056, I'm pretty sure Marci scumread me? I felt like somewhere null about her
is 2056 the one that just ended? if it is, I remember I mainly scumread you yeah. :dead: :dead:
In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Uhhh I've played a few mafia games but not in this format..(how does one quote)
ahhh okay.

i think if you look at the top right of a post it'll say quote. idk what Q+ does tho :dead:
It was 2058 not 2056 oops but yeah that's the game I was talking about

If you select multiple posts with Q+ and then use quote on one of them, all of those posts will be quoted at once, so it's for multi-quoting :cool:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Really tired today. Don't have a lot to say. :b
At least nobody else been posting much.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:I'm not sure yet but I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor
Oh yeah, explain this please?

- Bunno
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 91, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Really tired today. Don't have a lot to say. :b
At least nobody else been posting much.
Yeah, this game seems a bit more low key than the ones I had before.
At least I didn't miss much! I was a little worried :P

Here's a random gif, just to give this post
SOMETHING
lol
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 am

Umm "I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor" When I play mafia, I usually narrow down to a group of people that all act differently(this could be just the person but...). At that moment, I though meuh was quite odd because of how they had some interesting early town reads, then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?), and iN3krO is just kinda coasty(maybe only at the moment idk) So...
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:56 am

Post by iN3krO »

VOTE: Vote: Catboi

So Catboi, what do you think about Toriii's train of thought?
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:56 am

Post by iN3krO »

Hehehe

Seems like that's not how you vote

VOTE: Catboi

There you go pussycat.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 97, iN3krO wrote:Hehehe

Seems like that's not how you vote

VOTE: Catboi

There you go pussycat.
Looks like the vote worked just fine both times to me.
Catboi's definitely on the list of people I'd like to see more from.
You're on that list, too- in particular, I'm curious why you're asking Catboi about Tori's train of thought, when Tori didn't say anything about him, and did say something about you.
You had to have noticed him saying something about you. Why didn't you respond?
What do
you
think about Tori's train of thought, VOTE: Ink3ro?

And to give my thoughts on the current situation-

Norwee
has nothing particularly suspect about them. Tori's thoughts are legitimate, and if Norwee kept posting that sort of thing for a long time I might agree, but one RLday in is nothing. We just started, after all.
Meuh
has behaved largely the way she had in her previous towngames, although I haven't seen her scumgame yet (obviously) so I can't put my finger on anything.
Marci
was the subject of one of my wild and stupid day one conspiracy theories, given the suggestion that a wagon against N-M would likely be scum-led. If she's scum, then so is
Not_Mafia
. He's done nothing particularly damning, apart from being fairly trolly, which he's known for- and I've looked at some of his prior play. If he wasn't doing this, I'd be suspicious. Plus, he contributed a little, at least.
Tori
's posting style is the only thing that has caused me any suspicion. Which isn't indicative, and I know that. Gut said there was something there, head says not.
Samawoodo
came off awkward early on but hasn't done anything.
Ink3ro
had a very bad first post. Coming in and suggesting that someone's a good D1 pick when there's no evidence is not a good way to start a game. Coupled with the fact that he hasn't posted much (asking about Tori's thoughts doubled his post count) leaves him looking a little south of neutral.
Catboi
Goodness. A fluff intro post is fine if you stick around and continue to do something. A fluff intro post and then nothing is not a good look. I'd like to see more of Catboi, as things stand they've contributed basically nothing.

Obviously it's the first RL-Day of the first Day, so don't take any of these too seriously. Just getting my thoughts out there :P
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 95, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Umm "I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor" When I play mafia, I usually narrow down to a group of people that all act differently(this could be just the person but...). At that moment, I though meuh was quite odd because of how they had some interesting early town reads, then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?), and iN3krO is just kinda coasty(maybe only at the moment idk) So...
What's suspicious about having "interesting early town reads"? Can you give an example of Norwee talking about random topics?
In post 96, iN3krO wrote:VOTE: Vote: Catboi

So Catboi, what do you think about Toriii's train of thought?
Why are you asking me in particular about her reads?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”