Your Favourite Games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 5, MURDERCAT wrote:Age of Empires 2
sometimes i build farms and villagers and more farms and more villagers in this game

also

bridge, chess (former)

tetris, snake, minesweeper, hexxagon, simon, pipe dream

tft (current/future?)

other card games (mtg, hearthstone, runeterra) were pretty okay but shelf-life was under a month, just learn game climb ladder while continuously optimizing go next

jump king, getting over it

telling lies

syberia

any number of text (especially those written by porpentine or emily short; also plundered hearts) and point and click (especially those written by roberta williams and/or jane jensen) adventure games

lots of puzzle games have occupied me for some period of time

edit: also mystery games like in the dead of night but i haven't played very many of these
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 8, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:shiki play TFT with us! <3

Ydrasse keeps making me build bad comps :(
i mostly only play duelists and slayers. as isis knows from my tenure with hearthstone (and puzzle & dragons), i tend to play in a fairly limited manner (because i really only want to play the units that i want to play, and it feels unfair to those units to play other units) but then i optimize within that. like why would i want to play the villainous swain when i could play the heroic samira? et cetera et cetera
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 12, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i did not know Swain was a villain :O
perhaps to you he is not a villain. i think these things tend to be a matter of perspective, and other people often do not agree with mine.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 14, Infinity 324 wrote:Are other autobattlers better than hearthstone BGs? Personally I prefer regular card games to BGs but if there are better autobattlers I might try them out
i think tft is significantly better, though the learning curve is also much higher.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 16, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 15, shiki wrote:
In post 14, Infinity 324 wrote:Are other autobattlers better than hearthstone BGs? Personally I prefer regular card games to BGs but if there are better autobattlers I might try them out
i think tft is significantly better, though the learning curve is also much higher.
How much of that learning curve is developing an intuition for how to approach different situations and how much of it is developing an ability to make lots of decisions in a small amount of time?
the making decisions in a limited amount of time remains very difficult for me, as i tend to need more time than i have in almost all situations. but i think most of the learning curve is from needing to understand why you are winning or losing every fight and how to tell if you are strong compared to the lobby and what is best course of action because of that. like learning the meta also important too and being able to react to different situations but i think most of the learning curve is due to there being a lot a lot of information to process and it being non-intuitive to learn it in ways other than playing or watching others play. whereas in battlegrounds after a few games you've mostly got it.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 20, Infinity 324 wrote:@shiki Hmm, I experienced BGs as having a more of a learning curve than you're describing it as, esp cause there's so many heroes to learn. I enjoy that type of learning though

I'll probably try out TFT at some point but may end up getting too frustrated by the time constraints
for the heroes, with a few notable exceptions, i think you can understand how to play them without having extensive previous experience playing them. i also enjoy that type of learning, and there is a lot of it in tft.

Return to “The Arcade”