Open Draft Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Isis »

Needs more checkers tbh
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Isis »

This setup seems like it could replace normals for me in a way C9++ never could.

Technically it should be in open setup discussion
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Isis »

Grand Idea is not an open setup because the randomization isn't perfectly knowable and divorced from mod discretion. Mods use Grand Idea to generate setups in different ways. Micc's Greater Idea generates a few setups and uses mod discretion to pick a good one so it also is not truly an open setup. This setup is truly open, because the moderator follows an exact algorithm in a desultory manner, so every player can reconstruct the probability of each possible outcome without perfect knowledge of the moderator's idiosyncracies.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Aren't you the one who said in discord that a faction shouldn't lose for making a play that's mechanically correct 98% of the time? oh wait that was infinity.

Anyways. I really don't like 98% sanity cops at all.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Isis »

You should make a physical deck of cards anything else is wrong.

I like this concept but dislike the role list for the record
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Isis »

I really hate investigative that are >85 but <100 percent accurate so I don't like ninjas, godfathers, and framers in game design unless it's in an open setup where there is such an abundance of them that investigations start functioning similarly to PT cop guilties with convenient-or-not neighborhood claims and the like where maybe20-30% of the town has that sanity disruption going on and it's reasonable to ignore the mechanic and follow social deduction occassionally. 1/104 cards as godfather is either one too many or far far too few.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Isis »

It's disingenuous to multiply by 3 for the probability of the entire scumteam having a godfather because a cop check looks at an individual slot. It's 4.8%. Using 14% assumes the scum magically move the godfather card to the scummiest player on their team right before the cop check resolves and they don't.

I guess you're saying Godfather lasts the whole game, I thought it was a 1-shot active to match the rest of the setup, so that's about five times as much godfathering as I expected, but not nearly enough to make me happy.

Idk this setup has so much potential to be very very broadly, broadly appealing and you want to shoehorn in multiple roles that have been banned from the normal queue over the year for negative player experiences and find ways to make them workable when you could be making up more draft specific roles if the list wasn't already diverse enough. Generally people prefer when cop insanity creates false guilties instead of false innocents because ignoring high confidence false innocents in a social deduction game where most people are actually innocent is the most stressful of cases.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Isis »

There's enough doctors in the default pack that gunsmith is like o.k. Fake guilties are better than fake innocents, but either kind are better when they stay away from 90% confidence range and there are so many doctors here that the gunsmith innocents should be weaker than 90%.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Isis »

This setup temps me to run a game that's not a micro!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 68, MURDERCAT wrote:If you pick a 1-shot doc and use the shot, are you still a 1-shot doc? Or have you "played the role" and no longer have it? This matters for things like gunsmith and rolecop. I'm basically looking for whatever is more natural here (which I am assuming is a permanent role change regardless of shots available) but if anyone disagrees I'm interested to hear.
P sure this interaction already exists in the normal queue due to Doc JOATS that do count as docs after
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Isis »

By that logic the rolecop would always see vanilla townie
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”