Micro 1005: Help Isis, Scholarship Student at Noon

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I guess so, but what is the downside from eir perspective as scum to heal someone like you? It probably wasn't going to get traction. If you're town, I don't think you're necessarily pocketed but you might be biased towards ali because e's been on your side so to speak. Like I don't think your reasoning warrants the strength of townread that you're giving.

Hectic and ydrasse have expressed their reasons for TRing ali, and I'm pretty confident ydrasse is town whereas hectic I'm probably going to sort via meta rather than direct questioning.

You seem to have felt somewhat similarly to me about ali's cakez post, so it's odd to me that you would call me scum from that. I actually don't see a ton of scum motivation in ali's play, but I have too many townreads and I'm trying to put pressure on the reads rather than writing people off as town.

If I'm town, who's scum in the attacker block?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 649, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 593, Infinity 324 wrote:This push is probably towny for you though tbf
I would also like to understand this a little more. You’re implying here that I tend to be wrong as Town, or at least hinting at that. So why is Cakez so convinced I have to be Scum if I’m wrong about you?
I'm not saying you're towny because you're wrong, but the push felt very town-leadery. Like you're trying to form a bloc and pushing against people who don't agree with it, which is in character for town!you I think.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 650, Infinity 324 wrote:You seem to have felt somewhat similarly to me about ali's cakez post, so it's odd to me that you would call me scum from that.
I didn’t call you Scum for that. Alisae’s reaction happened after I had signaled I thought you were Scum based on the fact that you were trying to exclude one of Alisae or me.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 644, Andresvmb wrote:And now they’re hinting at Alisae being Scum without coming out and saying it.
This is what I meant by calling me scum for it, it's kind of implied
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 651, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 649, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 593, Infinity 324 wrote:This push is probably towny for you though tbf
I would also like to understand this a little more. You’re implying here that I tend to be wrong as Town, or at least hinting at that. So why is Cakez so convinced I have to be Scum if I’m wrong about you?
I'm not saying you're towny because you're wrong, but the push felt very town-leadery. Like you're trying to form a bloc and pushing against people who don't agree with it, which is in character for town!you I think.
So you think I could be Town for pushing you, primarily because I’m trying to sort amongst those in one of the groups to try and get a win (and btw I’m going to agree that Ydrasse is more likely to be Town than Sha so my strong preference is to pick from there). Yet Sir Cakez has the exact opposite reaction. So why do you seem to be questioning me but giving SirCakez a pass?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 653, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 644, Andresvmb wrote:And now they’re hinting at Alisae being Scum without coming out and saying it.
I straight up called you Scum earlier. You didn’t do it for Alisae. If you have a position, state it. Don’t be so skittish about it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 650, Infinity 324 wrote:Hectic and ydrasse have expressed their reasons for TRing ali
And this not in much detail. I definitely had some follow up questions that have yet to be addressed.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Wrt cakez, what do you mean the opposite reaction? He at least posted thoughts about what he wanted to do with the groups. I don't particularly townread cakez but I'm also more focused on the people in the groups atm.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 655, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 653, Infinity 324 wrote:
I straight up called you Scum earlier. You didn’t do it for Alisae. If you have a position, state it. Don’t be so skittish about it.
If I had a strong position on ali, you'd know
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 657, Infinity 324 wrote:Wrt cakez, what do you mean the opposite reaction? He at least posted thoughts about what he wanted to do with the groups. I don't particularly townread cakez but I'm also more focused on the people in the groups atm.
SirCakez is in Sha’s group. And they think my attack on you is Scum motivated and hot garbage. Are you not reading their posts?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 659, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 657, Infinity 324 wrote:Wrt cakez, what do you mean the opposite reaction? He at least posted thoughts about what he wanted to do with the groups. I don't particularly townread cakez but I'm also more focused on the people in the groups atm.
SirCakez is in Sha’s group. And they think my attack on you is Scum motivated and hot garbage. Are you not reading their posts?
Do you mean to say that you’re more focused on Ydrasse’s group?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 658, Infinity 324 wrote:If I had a strong position on ali, you'd know
It doesn’t have to be strong but if we’re going to go for excluding someone in Ydrasse’s group, I would want to see some solid reasoning for it. If it’s me so be it.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I'm focused on ydrasse's group atm

I get that cakez strongly disliked and scumread your push on me, but that doesn't mean one of you has to be town and the other is scum. My read on you is based on specifically how I've seen you in the past and how you approached the push, cakez SRing you is whatever and not super AI imo

PEdit: fair enough, my hurt on ali wasn't final though and I'm still figuring stuff out
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 662, Infinity 324 wrote:My read on you is based on specifically how I've seen you in the past and how you approached the push, cakez SRing you is whatever and not super AI imo
You think I’m Town, and you see someone calling my positioning in the game hot garbage, voting to exclude me from the Team, and you don’t think it’s AI? So then what is?
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Sha 77 »

Back
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 663, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 662, Infinity 324 wrote:My read on you is based on specifically how I've seen you in the past and how you approached the push, cakez SRing you is whatever and not super AI imo
You think I’m Town, and you see someone calling my positioning in the game hot garbage, voting to exclude me from the Team, and you don’t think it’s AI? So then what is?
I feel like we have very differently philosophies about this game, I focus a lot more on whether someone's play feels in character for them/whether they're tonally off
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I am deeply hurt you did not pick me Hectic
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Pooky do you have reads
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Sha 77 »

Alright, so overnight, in light of the grand decision I had to make, I reread the game and Andres sort of just felt like obvscum to me. I had a lot of issues with the reasoning for his reads and his tone, so I just looked for his partner for the second person to exclude

tris and Infinity were always in for being towny, and had no bad associations with Andres

Alisae is townish, but pushed to heal Andres. Normally I'd say a push like that would actually be -partnerindicative, but for Alisae I'm not sure, since e loves to play to scum agenda as scum

Andres pushes to heal Flea in a really strange way and makes me believe scum!Andres is telling the truth here in that he wouldn't push a partner in this fashion

Andres pushes Cakez in a pretty bad way and not a way that looks like some light bussing, I also don't like the reasoning there (will go into this more later probably)

Andres and Pooky don't mention each at all for the entire game, not even once...

So I left Pooky out on the assumption Andres was scum, since I was basically trying to find the full solve overnight. Okay, now to reread Andres and why I thought he was so scummy overnight and see if I still feel that way

pedit: I'm sorry, Pooky, you were simply null to me and it was mostly for the above reasons I did. Also, I had a feeling Ydrasse would pick you because you're Pooky, and this way it gives us more options
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 665, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 663, Andresvmb wrote:
I feel like we have very differently philosophies about this game, I focus a lot more on whether someone's play feels in character for them/whether they're tonally off
Scum need to make sure that one of their own makes it into the volleyball Team. Positioning around it is definitely key here. And it’ll help solve the game down the line if we get it wrong. How can you just brush all of that off?

It’s not even a difference in philosophies I don’t think. I of course take tone and emotion into account. I think that unless you’ve read a lot of my games, arguing from meta might be a bit hard to do, actually. How do you know that my tone here is not in line with my Scum game if you’ve never read a game with Scum!me or seen me play Scum? How do you know I don’t try to play the role of leader as Scum too? The answer is you don’t. So I’m not sure how you can make any determination about my alignment applying what you’re saying. We’ve only played once together before.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

sure lemme make a really cool readlist for you
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Sha 77 »

In post 171, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 121, Infinity 324 wrote:Andres is not posting because he's not confident in his scumgame
Or maybe I was busy around MY BIRTHDAY haha

To be honest, I think my Scum game is kind of decent. Not great, but decent. It’s a shame this is my 12th consecutive game rolling Town. What the hell man.
This was the first post that pinged me. Making sure to mention the fact this was his 12th game in a row rolling town, and the "what the hell man" at the end especially reads very off

@Andres:
Did you mention your town streak in the 10th or 11th game you rolled town?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 671, Sha 77 wrote:@Andres: Did you mention your town streak in the 10th or 11th game you rolled town?
You’ve already made up your kind so why do you care? Ask some of the players that have played with me see what they say. Or you can go read my games.

If you actually care about the answer, it’s actually yes. Repeatedly. Talked about it at length.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 672, Andresvmb wrote:made up your kind
*made up your mind
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 669, Andresvmb wrote:Scum need to make sure that one of their own makes it into the volleyball Team. Positioning around it is definitely key here. And it’ll help solve the game down the line if we get it wrong. How can you just brush all of that off?
The thing is that cakez has barely any influence in this gamestate and I don't think scum!him would expect a push on you to work that well, I think scum!cakez's plan here if his buddy is not in a great position is just to try to look town

I agree that I don't know you well enough to make a confident character judgement, but sometimes staying in your town character can be difficult as scum and I skimmed a scumgame of yours where you were quite different. I thought it was worth pointing out, I'm not 100% confident that you're town here but your push on me here feels towny
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”