Micro 1005: Help Isis, Scholarship Student at Noon

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

Hello hello
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

Perfection itself
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

In post 579, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 576, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 574, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 572, Infinity 324 wrote:Flea why did you hammer I told people to wait for the VC :(

HURT: alisae for now, mainly because I'm paranoid of em and I feel varying degrees of comfortable with everyone else on the attackers list. I'd be ok leaving out pooky or maybe andres as well
I think this is Scum.
Why?
Because Alisae is Town. I’m like almost certain of it. It’s the only strong read I have. So this guarantees there will be Scum almost among the choices to be made that could end the game.
Andres calling someone scum for disagreeing with a read of his is preeeeetty bad. Everyone who thinks Alisae could be scum is also scum?+*!€$^;3=&¥%¥%
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

Maybe I shouldn't do a post by post catchup thing since a lot of stuff will probably have been talked about

Your new avatar is concerning to me, tris
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

In post 588, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 586, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 583, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: andres idgi, if alisae is town we can still form an all-town bloc yeah?
The more obvious Town you exclude, the harder it is to win. I wouldn’t vote for a single team without Alisae in it. That’s my stand.
Now, they voted to Heal me a lot. I need to be careful and hope I’m not pocketed. I’m known to be a little loud, and I can certainly be wrong. So I will re-read. But just my gut instinct was always extremely positive on Alisae.
This reads so fake... the whole pocketing paranoia and the way it's worded
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

In post 589, tris wrote:i am really curious why sha777 made the choices he made
tris probably aligned with sha 77 "accidentally" adding an extra 7 to distance

I guarantee this will be original content
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

In post 631, Alisae wrote:Cakez if you don't stop playing like garbage with comments like "this is hot garbage" "Andres' attacks on Infinity just seem so made up and scum motivated" I'm actually going to get really irritated because I can't tell if ur just town who wants to play badly and wants to beat their own drum or scum or scum.
None of your posts actually address the why.
- Why is this hot garbage
- Why does andres' attacks seem made up
- Why do you hate Sha's reaction in 135? Why was their opening tonally weird?
- Why do you think Sha is scum? Nothing in between the post where you called out 135 and 397 really explains it
- Why do you think that them trying to ferret their way into my read on them is scum indicative when it seems like from a general skim they're just asking you questions because you're so fucking obtuse? Is this not what they're doing?
- Everything in here is fucking garbage
In post 421, SirCakez wrote:
In post 135, Sha 77 wrote:My observations were exaggerated and memes lol, not serious at all

Maybe the only one that was serious is the Flea self-conscious observation
I already talked about this but this post felt tonally off, too worried about perception of themself
In post 162, Sha 77 wrote:The tone was faked, Cakezy

What do you hate about that reaction? You think those observations were serious?
Immediately dives on me to try to get me to change my mind
In post 396, Sha 77 wrote:I like the Ydrasse/tris/Sha townbloc, and honestly, I think Ali's suspicions come from a place of good faith too
really hate this attempt to declare a townblock
In post 399, Sha 77 wrote:Why is what gross, Cakez? Why aren't I just town who's happy with a townbloc that has me and someone who's likely town in it?
Immediately dives on me to try to get me to change my mind, again. I believe I'm the only one expressing suspicion of Sha too.

I don't know I can't point to many specific posts on ISO. but I just don't like the tone of many posts. it feels a little too "un-serious" in a very intentional and manufactured way. as opposed to Pooky's whose silliness I buy more.
Like actually what the fuck is going on here

1. How does "I already talked about this but this post felt tonally off, too worried about perception of themself" and then "The tone was faked, Cakezy" not refute the concern here.
2. How the fuck is "What do you hate about that reaction? You think those observations were serious?" him trying to get you to change your mind. ITS A FUCKING QUESTION.
3. "really hate this attempt to declare a townblock" WHO FUCKING CARES. LITERALLY COMES FROM ANY ALIGNMENT
4. "Why is what gross, Cakez? Why aren't I just town who's happy with a townbloc that has me and someone who's likely town in it?" HOW THE FUCK IS THIS TRYING TO GET CAKEZ TO CAHNGE HIS MIND IT'S JUST ASKING HIM WHY THE FUCK HE'S DOING THAT BECAUSE CAKEZ WON'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING AND REFUSES TO BE TRANSPARENT. HE'S ASKING YOU WHY SO THAT ITS EASIER TO SORT WHAT ALIGNMENT IS MISREADING HIM. HOW IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN SOMEONE ASKS SOMEONE WHY, ITS NOT TO CHANGE THEIR FUCKING MIND, ITS TO FUCKING EXPLAIN THEMSELVES

- STILL NOTHING ON WHY ANDRES IS SCUMMY BTW
- AND NOTHING WHY ME PUMPING UP ANDRES IS SUS EITHER

I don't understand how any of the above actually happens btw.
lol too real
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

Back later, I'm liking Ali so far for that Cakez outrage. Andres still feels off and I raised my eyebrows a few times when he was talking about the leaders and what he thinks they'd do as scum (like if they'd include their partners or not), it felt like he was forcing himself to over analyse it? At the same time, I'm a little worried that Andres just has an unnatural sounding tone that I tend to scumread, but I don't like his reasoning either, so I think I'm not dumb probably.

Pooky and Flea are still pretty nullish so far

@Flea: Why'd you heal me yesterday and did I scumreading you influence your read on me at all?
Sha 77
Sha 77
Goon
Sha 77
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Sha 77 »

catchup to be resumed from top of page 27
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 813, Flea The Magician wrote:Ye gods sorry but you are a toxic beastie of a being.

Don't wanna go back and read my reasoning, find, don't wanna ask me about, fine, but at least keep some dignity and
try
for some post consistency.

I genuinely don't know what your reads are except "EVERYBODY HATES ME!" - which for the record is a self fulfilling prophecy. No matter which alignment you are, you're now being openly disruptive and anti-town.
In post 0, Isis wrote:Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As one rule of thumb, negative nouns or profane adjectives that describe a player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
In some contexts I will interpret toxic to reference play and not the player, but the disparaging noun here is crossing the line.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Isis »

(2)Image {Ydrasse, tris, Infinity 324, PookyTheMagicalBear, Andresvmb} (1) - Infinity 324
Image {Ydrasse, tris, Alisae, Infinity 324, PookyTheMagicalBear} (2) - Flea the Magician, Andresvmb
Image {tris, Infinity 324, Alisae, Flea the Magician, SirCakez} (1) - SirCakez
Image {Sha 77, tris, Alisae, Infinity 324, SirCakez} (1) - Ydrasse

It takes five votes to make a choice.
(expired on 2021-04-23 23:00:00)

Modnote: You may not put one vote on each option like in the undertale series, voting for an attacker team overwrites your vote for a healer team and vice versa
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 812, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 811, SirCakez wrote:
In post 808, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 807, SirCakez wrote:You think Alisae turning on you is enough to toss your "near certain" scumread from earlier?
I can’t with you.
I meant townread on Alisae here sorry
My reaction was with town read in that sentence. I understood what you meant. I’m still flabbergasted by your comment.
ok well that doesn't make any sense to me
In post 842, Alisae wrote:I think I want to leave someone else out that's not Andres.
give us name pls
In post 843, Sha 77 wrote:I'll read up and try and get back into this tonight

Usually promises like these are never met but I'll put my name as Sha 77 on the line, and I have a reputation to uphold
why you so absent mr Sha?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by SirCakez »

ok not really much happening here
Andres is still clearly the best to leave out
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by tris »

In post 675, Sha 77 wrote:
In post 439, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 160, SirCakez wrote:Sha77 may legitimately be scum
Their opening was tonally weird and I hate this reaction
This just seemed too overconfident for me. Like you’re trying to get into a fight and not solve someone’s alignment. Sha said their early reads, which clearly were meant more as conversation starters than definitive pronouncements backed by multiple pages of play, weren’t actually all that serious (which again just seems reasonable to me since it’s the early part of the game). Yet you “hate” the reaction? What I would ask you is how do you not think this is a bit over the top?
I skimmed through some of your more recent posts - and now you’re constructing a universe for the game where I’m Scum because I thought maybe you pushed an argument a bit too far? Please. Unfortunately there’s an aggressiveness to it that I need to figure out where exactly it’s coming from, and whether it’s Scummy or not.
I wouldn’t vote to heal you, that’s for sure.
//
- Feels like he's concerned about Cakez scumreading him so is explaining why he said what he said and is attempting to change his mind

//
- Feels the need to clarify he's not healing Cakez under any circumstances - why clarify this? It just feels tonally off

Admittedly, I'm struggling to articulate what feels
scummy
about this exactly, but it just feels off

pedit: I scumread you, Andres, but I'm not incapable of changing my mind if I'm wrong
this looks more like mocking cakez's scumread of him to me. it doesnt come off as trying to actually appeal to cakez. it feels like he's trying to figure him out.
this flows perfectly fine from the previous section to me. he was saying that he wasn't sure if cakez is scummy, but he's stating that it's enough to make him not want to heal cakez.
here's what it says
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 860, Isis wrote:{Ydrasse, tris, Alisae, Infinity 324, PookyTheMagicalBear} (3) - Flea the Magician, Alisae, Andresvmb

I guess the team can't be Flea/Andres since they'd auto-lose if this goes thru right?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 836, Alisae wrote:
In post 792, Andresvmb wrote:There’s Scum in the group that’ll likely be pushed (and I clearly mean Ydrasse’s group because Sha’s group is awful and should never go through)
wait if there's scum in ydra's group why should sha's group never go through? that doesn't make sense
I am simply gambling that there’s 2 Scum in Sha’s group, 1 in Ydra’s. That’s my feel. Trying to sort amongst Sha’s group is a total waste of time. That’s what I’m saying. I think I’ve already explained all my reads so it flows from there.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 847, tris wrote:ok, but now your making a defense that applies to your own push on infinity?
I’m not exactly trying to defend my push. Part of what I’m hinting at is that the questioning is too one-sided, somewhat in bad faith. There’s no benefit of the doubt, or uncertainty being expressed. It’s just the worst possible interpretation. If you need to paint a picture and make it convincing, that’s what you do.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 861, SirCakez wrote:ok well that doesn't make any sense to me
Then I’ll explain it. I run through all my reads, and your instinct is to make a comment that’s just dismissive of the whole thing without trying to think through it. It’s not in good faith. So I’m not going to spend too much time trying to interact with you. If you have real questions I can help. Otherwise, not interested.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 862, SirCakez wrote:Andres is still clearly the best to leave out
You should vote to make it happen then. After that, you only need 1 more vote to leave me out.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 864, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 860, Isis wrote:{Ydrasse, tris, Alisae, Infinity 324, PookyTheMagicalBear} (3) - Flea the Magician, Alisae, Andresvmb

I guess the team can't be Flea/Andres since they'd auto-lose if this goes thru right?
This is like the most obvious conclusion. Do you have anything else?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 867, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 861, SirCakez wrote:ok well that doesn't make any sense to me
Then I’ll explain it. I run through all my reads, and your instinct is to make a comment that’s just dismissive of the whole thing without trying to think through it. It’s not in good faith. So I’m not going to spend too much time trying to interact with you. If you have real questions I can help. Otherwise, not interested.
I read everything you posted and I did not see a good explanation for how this incident could completely overturn a "near-certain" read
Andresvmb wrote:
In post 862, SirCakez wrote:Andres is still clearly the best to leave out
You should vote to make it happen then. After that, you only need 1 more vote to leave me out.
I'm already voting this I thought
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 870, SirCakez wrote:I'm already voting this I thought
The vote that’s getting counted is you excluding Sha from their choices. If I’m not mistaken.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

It also somewhat confuses me that Ydrasse is voting to push the Team chosen by someone else instead of their own. That makes 0 sense.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think andres is town and I'm not convinced hectic believes this push