Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 pm

Post by Wooper »

i am not in a position where i want datisi dead but i am in a position wher I have no string feelinfs so I'm happy to oursiurcd that read to someone who does

@ico idrc if Luca townrwsds datisi. that's cool I guess. I don't want to wagon darisi so that suits my plans splendidly!!
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1112, Iconeum wrote:yeah so i went back to giggle a bit about my own post (yeah yeah) and i found this one line at the top of the quote from geraint
In post 785, geraintm wrote:George Bailey is doing the bare minimum - it is just commenting, no actual personal insight. Leans non-town to me.
In post 959, geraintm wrote:like....George has only made 2 half assed posts out of their 4...but that is still more than some people in the game
it isn't like they are ignoring this game whislt posting elsewhere.
george is an easy push from people.
In post 961, geraintm wrote:
In post 957, Luca Blight wrote:Any reason you’re not voting George?
im still catching up.

and going to break my vote longest wagon rule. not voting george. i think the wagon stinks.

i am not saying george can't be scum - they have as much change as anyone else in this game - but i am not (right now) going to help people eliminate them

VOTE: aliceK instead
geraint how did you make this progression again?
@ICO
you missed this post of mine about george. they had their post 216 by this point and i thought that post was fine
In post 626, geraintm wrote:
In post 581, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Has George seriously not posted yet?
they posted. it was a fairly half decent post. sure they only have 2 but better that than 97 that don't actually mean anything. they posted on wednesday, they haven't been posting elsewhere whilst ignoring here. their level of activity is fine
by my post 785 they had 2 more posts, one which was fluff.
731 was not as good as 216. an "i agree with" "well, i think" "i'm very unsure on" "I have some tinfoil hate theory"
it was a much less goodpost than 216.
so my post 785 was saying 2 posts, and i didn't like the last one - bare minimum

post 959 - it was me basically saying i didn't understand the hatred GEorge was getting when Not Mafia is in the game. and saying that george wasn't underposting in this whilst posting elsewhere. it was an easy push.

961 - this was me, after having seen the votes on geroge, just saying nope.

i hav to say. since George has come back to the game they haven't said that much. it is pretty much waffle and feelings and gut. suspect if geroge was longest wagon now, i might have voted for them.
In post 1121, MiniMegabyte wrote:
Vote Count 1.12

Anya
(4) -> Datisi, Luca Blight, VP Baltar, Iconeum [E-3]
GeorgeBailey
(3) -> Wooper, Gypyx, NorwegianboyEE
AliceK
(2) -> innocentvillager, geraintm
Gypyx
(1) -> GeorgeBailey
Iconeum
(1) -> Anya
Not_Mafia
(1) -> Not_Mafia
innocentvillager
(1) -> AliceK

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate

Day ends in (expired on 2021-04-24 18:32:00)
VOTE: anya
In post 1125, Wooper wrote:i am not in a position where i want datisi dead but i am in a position wher I have no string feelinfs so I'm happy to oursiurcd that read to someone who does

@ico idrc if Luca townrwsds datisi. that's cool I guess. I don't want to wagon darisi so that suits my plans splendidly!!
hate this post from wooper.
In post 1105, Luca Blight wrote:Anyway let’s just get a claim from Anya and go from there. There’s no point waiting around hoping for more content at this stage
hate this post from luca.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

The feeling is mutual
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

The fact you joined the Anya wagon shows you actually agree with 1105 lol

Numpty
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1127, Luca Blight wrote:The feeling is mutual
curious to know why, and if it is anything besides me just disliking your post.

mine answered in detail a question that was asked of me.
pointed out Wooper just going to follow someone else's read on a player is bad play as it absolves them of an actual read
pointed out asking for a claim on Day 1 is something i find poor. every player knows if they need to claim, if their role is worth it. fishing and creating an atmosphere of expecting claims is something i dislike.
or was it me joining a wagon you are on youtself?

what exactly about my post did you hate?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

See 1128

What exactly did you hate about my 1105?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1128, Luca Blight wrote:The fact you joined the Anya wagon shows you actually agree with 1105 lol

Numpty
no, i don't.
i am not in favour of claims. go check other games of mine. i think people asking for them is poor play because the people it benefits are not town, if a player feels the need to claim they can decide that themselves, it doesn't need anyone else to demand that from them.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Well Anya is now E-2 and if i placed my vote it’s E-1 and hammer range for Not_Mafia so the need for a claim by this point isn’t out of the question.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 1123, Wooper wrote:truly dragon ur powers of observation are NONPARIEL
thank you
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Getting a claim before a D1 lim is standard practice and absolutely necessary

Given you in particular are only able to solve using mechanics this just seems another nonsensical view of yours
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1134, Luca Blight wrote:Getting a claim before a D1 lim is standard practice and absolutely necessary

Given you in particular are only able to solve using mechanics this just seems another nonsensical view of yours
just because it is standard practice doesn't mean it is something i agree with.
if ti was the case, then we would have already outed a quarter or third of the players in this game, and scum can generate an endless series of pressures on people to "force" claims.

people should be free to claim if and when they want to, not when other players expect it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Obviously Anya has the choice of whether or not to claim, but when she is going to be limmed anyway then what is the benefit of not claiming?

If she happens to be a tpr then this is obviously a terrible outcome for Town. How can you not understand that?

Especially in a gamestate when there are numerous scummy slots with little to separate then, a claim is absolutely essential
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

because if every town power role always claims, then scum only need to get someone to 5 votes to know if a player has a power role. that is easier than any investigation role they may have.
you need uncertainty in the system so the above isn't true.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I mean if we’re going to kill Anya anyway. Then the difference between outing a PR and eliminating a PR is vital. Since if they make a believable PR claim we get a pseudo conf!town and scum are forced to nightkill them rather than us just doing the scum a favour and limming the PR for them.

Ok this is kinda elementary. I feel silly explaining this.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Im not saying a player has to claim every time they’re run up?

I’m saying that we’re approaching the end of the day and need to lim someone, and that someone should claim ASAP so we have time to make an educated decision rather than having a last minute scramble on our hands, because the inactive slots in this game are VERY inactive and the time will soon disappear
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

and i am saying every player in this game knows if they should make a claim or not, and it is people asking for them is what i hate.
which is why i mentioned it about your post.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Every player in this game is likely to make sound decisions on their own? I unfortunately disagree

So what...we continue without direction and have a mad scramble at the end of the day? Is that a better situation in your mind?

This is a team game. It is optimal for whoever is about to be limmed to claim, and the sooner we get that sorted for the reasons I’ve explained the better. We can’t force them to claim, but if they are Town then this would only be playing against their wincon, especially if they are a tpr
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 933, AliceK wrote:
In post 877, Gypyx wrote:
In post 762, Gypyx wrote:
In post 587, Gypyx wrote:
In post 451, AliceK wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager

I will land my vote here. He is overfocused on Datisi ignoring everything around him. It looks forced. Could it be that he is trying to avoid interactions with other players, because he doesn't feel comfortable in interactions with scum buddies.
is the fact that you just repeated what's been said previously intentional or what?
hey @alice, still interested in the answer
day 1 of quoting this until alice replies
No it wasn't intentional. Weird question. What's your point?
i hoped for a different answer ngl

well, not much to say here, it's probably null then
bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What answer were you hoping for and what would your read have been?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Post by geraintm »

oh, i am all for not eliminating anyone, don't forget that. That is my preference. I think that is a much better outcome for town than randomly forcing claims from players and still ending with a random elimination at the end of it all.

and i think for meta-Town, some PRs should not claim Day 1 when asked/pressured because it improves meta-Town's odds.

I still stand by my post where i disliked your asking for a claim.

but 100% not sure why you are fighting me so hard on this. you do you. you can keep asking for claims. i am not forcing you to not do that, but you cannot stop me using it as a data point to dislike your slot.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:53 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1143, Luca Blight wrote:What answer were you hoping for and what would your read have been?
well, i think any other reason than that would be scum really

like, was hoping for stuff like "just wanted to show my agreement with the post" or "i also thought that independantly" (yes this one is quite similar to the answer, but i belive there's an important nuance there)

so, actually i think it's kinda townlean worthy maybe on second thoughts? like, carefree posting more often coming from town than not
bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

geraintm wrote:oh, i am all for not eliminating anyone, don't forget that. That is my preference. I think that is a much better outcome for town than randomly forcing claims from players and still ending with a random elimination at the end of it all.

and i think for meta-Town, some PRs should not claim Day 1 when asked/pressured because it improves meta-Town's odds.

I still stand by my post where i disliked your asking for a claim.

but 100% not sure why you are fighting me so hard on this. you do you. you can keep asking for claims. i am not forcing you to not do that, but you cannot stop me using it as a data point to dislike your slot.
You literally asked me why I didn’t like your post...I’m not fighting you, I’m explaining why. I also don’t ‘keep asking for claims’ - I’m asking for a single claim from a single player before time runs too low to make a considered choice for the lim

How do we ever get information or hope to find and kill scum if we don’t lim anyone?

I find your approach to Mafia bizarre
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:06 pm

Post by Gypyx »

i wanted to catchup more, but i'm lazy so that's coming later
bottom text
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 pm

Post by geraintm »

@luca - oh, we do eliminate people, but not on Day 1 when i am convinced that the random roll of the dice is not a fair roll.
wait until Day 2 when night actions will generate a bunch of semi-informed Townies to help fight against the Informed Scum.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Well that really depends on what pr’s Town has, and depends heavily on luck in itself

What if scum kills our strongest pr N1? What’s your backup plan, or is it game over at that point? What if a Town pr gets a false guilty or false positive?

PR’s are a bonus but shouldn’t be relied on to win - it’s better to use information created by pushing wagons, limming players and looking at reactions etc. that’s the whole fun/point of the game for me anyway

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”