.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:14 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Thank you everyone for playing, and congratulations to the winners!

Even though this game has ended, Team Mafia 2021 is still an ongoing game. You may continue to communicate with your teammates as they play their respective Team Mafia games. If you have any questions about this game, you can tag me in your team Discords or send me a PM.

This thread will remain locked until the conclusion of Team Mafia. The Mafia PT will remain private as well. Once Team Mafia has concluded, we will unlock all the game threads and release all PTs.

Please be aware that a survey for the purposes of a tiebreaker in the Team Mafia 2021 will be sent out. We require responses from everyone, if you fail to respond your team loses out on this tiebreaker. Please see the scoring rules for how this can factor in the event of a tie.

<(") | (")>
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

Hi everyone. I hope the remaining TM games are going well. There has been an uptick of reports of people talking about Team Mafia games in other ongoing games.

I'd like to reiterate that Team Mafia is considered ONGOING and that the individual games that are complete are still considered as Ongoing Games for the purposes of Team Mafia 2021. This game is still considered ongoing.

Please do not talk about any Team Mafia game outside of the event or your team threads. Instances after this warning can result in further action being taken.

If you have any questions please PM me. Thank you.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

FL had me pocketed d1 ngl. By d2 i was force replaced but i suspected him there at least
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Ramcius »

I dunno if people realised, but it was Pine's miselim that won us the game. With Norwee flip there, it would've been me + pine vs FL + TSQ showdown and considering how hard people were refusing accept truth of me and Pine being town and FL and TSQ having red rcs outcome was pretty obvious

Also, TSQ, feel free to add me to your blacklist.

I could go on telling how more than half of the playerlist was terrible, but I'm too lazy for that and doubt it would change anything anyway
Tact is for liars and politicians.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5679, Ramcius wrote:I dunno if people realised, but it was Pine's miselim that won us the game. With Norwee flip there, it would've been me + pine vs FL + TSQ showdown and considering how hard people were refusing accept truth of me and Pine being town and FL and TSQ having red rcs outcome was pretty obvious

Also, TSQ, feel free to add me to your blacklist.

I could go on telling how more than half of the playerlist was terrible, but I'm too lazy for that and doubt it would change anything anyway
yup this was what made me realize
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

TSQ was prob the most obvscum tho lol
retired
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Iconeum »

you can call me terrible all you want but when players start taking pushes so personally then the game stops being a game

if players really need to start insulting you on a personal level as a response to a push, no matter how shitty the push, then the game stops being a game for me

there was a lot wrong with this particular game, and i take my share of responsability - but holy fuck i did not like this playerlist at all

i have no personal beef with any of you outside of the Game of Mafia - but this was not a pleasant experience

/r
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 5681, DkKoba wrote:TSQ was prob the most obvscum tho lol
shows just how easily i can be pocketed sometimes
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5679, Ramcius wrote:With Norwee flip there, it would've been me + pine vs FL + TSQ showdown and considering how hard people were refusing accept truth of me and Pine being town and FL and TSQ having red rcs outcome was pretty obvious
There was absolutely a reason I kept telling Pine he needed to go after tsq over Norwee even when I thought they were a team.

Also, Pine going last was to bait out a protective CC from scum and was a clearing claim anyway, because scum never have a SMan with a single one shot protective for a 1 shot doctor. FL managed to figure out the exact combination of not very strong and plausibly negative utility that made me get cold feet on forcing the CC and we were definitely pocketed for quite a while there.

JJ, assuming that a setup is going to be balanced to match to another setup from a year ago was bad and then wanting to elim specifically the only role with any utility was terrible, and made me bias into you talking out of your ass, FWIW.

Also, I typed an entire case, had the forum eat it, and then retyped it and you people hammered Pine before he could post it. You monsters.
This is a Parachute.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

intense game

also I think very confusing from our slot's position at times
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 5684, Jingle wrote:
In post 5679, Ramcius wrote:With Norwee flip there, it would've been me + pine vs FL + TSQ showdown and considering how hard people were refusing accept truth of me and Pine being town and FL and TSQ having red rcs outcome was pretty obvious
There was absolutely a reason I kept telling Pine he needed to go after tsq over Norwee even when I thought they were a team.
I tried to do it, but it was usual "show us a smoking gun or we won't trust your scumread" case, I mean, where do I get it, if scum in question is smart enough not to slip hard? Tbh it reminds something I read somewhere on this forum - most scums are in null reads, hard scumreads and hard townreads are usually town
Tact is for liars and politicians.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Post by Jingle »

Yeah, you became pretty obvtown to us during that day phase. Our lim order was still TSQ > You > FL > Norwee for gamestate reasons, but you were pretty much the glue that won the game at the end from our POV, Ram.
This is a Parachute.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This game was a thing.

Took forever to convince Nancy FL was scum.

FL did a really good job though :)

Gg wp
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5688, MathBlade wrote:This game was a thing.

Gg wp
sorry i planted the seed that he might be town :(
retired
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5682, Iconeum wrote:you can call me terrible all you want but when players start taking pushes so personally then the game stops being a game

if players really need to start insulting you on a personal level as a response to a push, no matter how shitty the push, then the game stops being a game for me

there was a lot wrong with this particular game, and i take my share of responsability - but holy fuck i did not like this playerlist at all

i have no personal beef with any of you outside of the Game of Mafia - but this was not a pleasant experience

/r
If this weren’t literally TM, I would have replaced out because of FL. I don’t think the mods did enough to keep the game civil.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Gg wp
I actually thought his role sounded fake. I thought Pine’s was real. I still don’t understand why Norwee thought this.

@Math, you don’t understand how he wore me down with the toxicity. I think I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5691, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Gg wp
I actually thought his role sounded fake. I thought Pine’s was real. I still don’t understand why Norwee thought this.

@Math, you don’t understand how FL wore me down with the toxicity. I think I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:13 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 5682, Iconeum wrote:you can call me terrible all you want but when players start taking pushes so personally then the game stops being a game

/r
pretty much this

there were a lot of times where i was basically not reading the game because it was just personal attacks without any actual game aspects so i would just skip ahead
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5693, Mistyx wrote:

/r
pretty much this

there were a lot of times where i was basically not reading the game because it was just personal attacks without any actual game aspects so i would just skip ahead
+1

TM needs to have a much lower threshold of toxicity tolerance than non-TM games. This literally should never happen again in any TM game ever.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:40 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 5684, Jingle wrote:

Also, Pine going last was to bait out a protective CC from scum and was a clearing claim anyway, because scum never have a SMan with a single one shot protective for a 1 shot doctor. FL managed to figure out the exact combination of not very strong and plausibly negative utility that made me get cold feet on forcing the CC and we were definitely pocketed for quite a while there.

JJ, assuming that a setup is going to be balanced to match to another setup from a year ago was bad and then wanting to elim specifically the only role with any utility was terrible, and made me bias into you talking out of your ass, FWIW.

Also, I typed an entire case, had the forum eat it, and then retyped it and you people hammered Pine before he could post it. You monsters.
I was waiting for you to share the implication that you having a full ungated role meant scum probably did too tbh
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 5678, DkKoba wrote:FL had me pocketed d1 ngl.
Lol I knew it
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:43 am

Post by jjh927 »

Also I made this infographic that wasn't allowed to be proxy posted, and while this is pushing the incorrect scum!pine town!FL narrative I still feel it is a work of art

"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Lmao
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Jingle »

We were told explicitly that we weren't allowed to make memes/infographics for each other like a day before Norwee posted the meme you made him, which kinda pissed us off tbh. I did make this as a template for Pine to work off of to make one to explain to Nancy why you never leash a protective role unless it's to a pool that is smaller than the number of available reasonable scumkill targets, but pine is not infographically inclined and never got around to remaking it.

This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”