Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5700 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Jingle »

There were instructions about where to talk about what in each of the arrows as well.
This is a Parachute.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5701 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Pine »

I was kind of struggling at that time and hated this game.

I’m not going to address the toxicity of this game beyond apologizing for my part in it. I was incredibly frustrated and lost my temper repeatedly, and said some fairly awful things to people. This is the only time I’ve ever received a reprimand from the listmods, and I am ashamed of my conduct. I have thoughts and feelings about the circumstances which led to that situation, but I won’t comment on others when my own actions were so reprehensible.

To those who felt attacked this game, I am sorry for the harm I caused you.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5702 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 5699, Jingle wrote:We were told explicitly that we weren't allowed to make memes/infographics for each other like a day before Norwee posted the meme you made him, which kinda pissed us off tbh. I did make this as a template for Pine to work off of to make one to explain to Nancy why you never leash a protective role unless it's to a pool that is smaller than the number of available reasonable scumkill targets, but pine is not infographically inclined and never got around to remaking it.

Well, never is a strong word, sometimes you want to direct scum kill on certain obv town, but problem is how not to get roped before you finish explaining to rest of the the town why you want that particular obv town dead :lol:
Tact is for liars and politicians.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #5703 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I was impressed by shea's play
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5704 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Night 3

NorwegianboyEE
- attempts to eliminate himself during the night - fails, does not have that ability.
This is how frustrated Norwee was.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5705 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I just wanted a fun anime themed, low treshold, low risk, meme game.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5706 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Main slots that caused me ire was Flavour Leaf, Pine, and sorry to say this but also Nancy Drew.
I just feel like sometimes you get irrationally emotional when scumread or insulted in some way. And rather than try to de-escalate the situation you make it worse by targeting that person and ranting about them for pages to end. Which isn’t to say your feelings there aren’t valid, but it can really mess up the game for everyone to have to read that and it really distracts from the purpose of the game.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5707 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

That said, i forgive you all.
Though i probably don’t want to play a game with FL again if i can avoid it. I still respect thr guys ability at the game, but his style is really tiring and makes the game a chore.
I think we should all learn from our mistakes here and become better, more patient, and more forgiving players in the future.
Thanks to TSQ btw for his words of reason earlier. Even though he was scum he took a stand for what is morally right and told FL to shove it when he was particurarly nasty.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5708 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m going to have to give big shout out to my team too.
As without Shirou’s and JJH’s moral and solving support i would have absolutely not been able to get as far as i did without going crazy or just RQ. Ranting to Shirou about how much certain players pissed me off really helped get a load off my shoulders and get back to focusing on what mattered, winning the game.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5709 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5706, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Main slots that caused me ire was Flavour Leaf, Pine, and sorry to say this but also Nancy Drew.
I just feel like sometimes you get irrationally emotional when scumread or insulted in some way. And rather than try to de-escalate the situation you make it worse by targeting that person and ranting about them for pages to end. Which isn’t to say your feelings there aren’t valid, but it can really mess up the game for everyone to have to read that and it really distracts from the purpose of the game.
I felt that certain players made comments that were unnecessarily hurtful, untrue and unfair to me that went to actual attacks on my character - so well beyond being scumread - so I view this as actually a mischaracterization of what happened in this game, which I feel I did absolutely nothing to warrant.

I wouldn’t go so far as to ask to you subject yourself to having to reread what I’m referring to but if you did, I think you’d find out that your recall of certain events is probably different than what you remember.

I am not required to to allow anyone to to push a miselim on me and as long as I don’t respond to toxicity with additional toxicity and I don’t believe I was guilty of that in this game, I’m good.

I didn’t get upset at being wrongly sr ftr, I got upset whenever I felt that my character was being outright attacked. I know this because whenever I get wrongly sr in what I perceive to be a very respectful way, I handle it very differently.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5710 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If i'm remembering the cause wrong then fault's on me. But i still don't think your response is justified. You should report it, or tell them you strongly disagree with what they said in one post and then move on.

- Bunno
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5711 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5710, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If i'm remembering the cause wrong then fault's on me. But i still don't think your response is justified. You should report it, or tell them you strongly disagree with what they said in one post and then move on.
Like I already said, you’d actually need to reread specifically what I’m referring to but I wouldn’t ask that you or anyone else voluntarily subject yourself to that.

And I did report it MULTIPLE times both in PMs and in my team discord chat and I was told that it was being handled pretty much but I don’t feel enough was done.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5712 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Spoiler:
In post 5697, jjh927 wrote:Also I made this infographic that wasn't allowed to be proxy posted, and while this is pushing the incorrect scum!pine town!FL narrative I still feel it is a work of art

this almost makes up for the entire game lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5713 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by Ramcius »

I mean, joining TM, supposedly very competitive thing and expecting chill, casual gameplay is a bit much
Tact is for liars and politicians.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5714 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 5713, Ramcius wrote:I mean, joining TM, supposedly very competitive thing and expecting chill, casual gameplay is a bit much
I mean... fine. I’ll give you that it was a bit optimistic. But i assumed anime theme would be "less" intense than the normal game counterparts. Instead the opposite happened. And though a bit of intense gameplay is perfectly fine i could very much do without the toxicity and shouting matches.

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5715 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You can have hard game play without resorting to being toxic. FLs whole style is winning the game by ensuring that no one has fun playing it and that's not really my thing. I think that you can play the game hard and still recognize the humanity of the other people you're playing with.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #5716 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

if the only way you can win as mafia is by making the thread as terrible as possible then perhaps you are playing against the spirit of one might call a game that one plays to have fun.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5717 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

idk if its my autism and i cant detect it but can someone point out where FL was toxic this game? I followed along vaguely post ban and didn't see it
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5718 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

like his iso is 1.2k post dunno if i wanna dive into it
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #5719 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I deleted a less charitable post.

In aggregate I think the worst of it comes down to spamming the thread incessantly in response to any kind of push in a way that isn't substantive, but is instead designed to make the thread unreadable and the game unplayable.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5720 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mean its based around just repeated AtE and calling anyone who disagrees with him a moron.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5721 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Basically if your posts are intended to manipulate someones emotions in a way that makes them feel shitty in order to put the gamestate in a place that is more favorable I don't view that as valid mafia game play. I view that as abusive behavior. I view it is an act that takes a game and treats the outcome of it as more important than the mental health of the people you're playing with.

I feel like a lot of FLs posts fall under that category and it makes the game a miserable experience where everyone is just hurt by it the whole time the player is involved.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5722 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

FL caused me and several others in the game real tangible mental harm with the way he played and he may think thats a valid way to play mafia and worth it in order to try to achieve his win condition.

I do not agree, though.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5723 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like I was in a place several points this game where it might have been advantageous of me to try to make norwee feel like garbage and hurt him emotionally. But I chose not to take those lines because I care about norwee as a human being and I don't view causing people mental anguish to be a part of what mafia should be. I don't want to hurt norwee. I want to play a game on the internet. There's a line here, because a lot of the game IS about manipulation but I draw that line firmly before causing your opponents harm.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5724 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

There was a VERY clear point here where Akarin was obviously in an delicate place mental health wise and I was in a really rough spot because I clearly needed to push her for gamestate reasons. I hope I was able to strike a balance between trying to achieve my win condition and not causing her harm but I'm not sure I did that successfully and I want to apologize to Akarin if she felt that my push was over that line.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”