Micro 1007: Chess Mafia Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 2:34 am

Post by flow trap »

Yeah it was a joke .__.
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:16 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 443, flow trap wrote:What is projection mean in that context?
maybe its not projection but its koba trying to abdicate responsibility from their basic civic duty as a player in the game to try and find scum
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 am

Post by bugspray »

does anyone want to come to koba's defence?
bcs apparently they won't come to their own

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:30 am

Post by flow trap »

I will get around to it in my pages 15-20
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Raya36 »

I know flow traps post was a joke but I kinda weakly TR them for it
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Andante »

So, I feel like Koba has done more than Isis this game, sure they haven't done a whole lot towards finding scum, but like, idk, the people constantly playing chess just distracts from this.
I like how Koba unvoted me when votes were flying at me, Koba's the reason I wasn't at E-1 so I kinda tr them for it
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:17 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Official Vote Count

DkKoba
(2): bugspray, Raya36
Isis
(2): Amy Dunne, flow trap
Raya36
(2): DkKoba, T3
Andante
(1): Virgo

Not Voting
(2): Andante, Isis

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-05-09 21:00:00)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:28 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 455, Andante wrote:So, I feel like Koba has done more than Isis this game, sure they haven't done a whole lot towards finding scum, but like, idk, the people constantly playing chess just distracts from this.
I like how Koba unvoted me when votes were flying at me, Koba's the reason I wasn't at E-1 so I kinda tr them for it
i really don't like this. koba voted isis after she did a naked vote and you went from e2 to e3 and then afterwards someone voted you. i doubt that the person who put you back at e2 would have put you at e1 if koba didn't move their vote.

isis has done less than koba, but doing more things does not equal more town. koba is a high volume player (i once made a graph titled why you should shut the fuck up when they had nearly 50% of posts in one game)
it's like the difference between apm and epm in starcraft. if you select units and don't do anything with them that's not a useful action and doesn't count towards epm because it's a useless action. if you look at the amount of non(chesspuzzle/fluff) posts in koba's iso and then scrutinize them it probably won't look as townish as i think you'd expect

Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Virgo »

Hum.
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Virgo »

I don't know if I'm tunneled or not, but it's absolutely grating how Andante's perception of the game feels like "protected me/is on my side" is inherently 'good', off of things like "unvoted me on an early wagon" when in reality like, an early wagon like that never goes through and I'm still baffled by all the emotional processes there.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:35 am

Post by Andante »

In post 457, bugspray wrote:(i once made a graph titled why you should shut the fuck up when they had nearly 50% of posts in one game)
LMAOOOO
true, I mean, I know Koba would be letting their reads known and actually trying to find scum, which I haven't seen, only used the excuse "I only jonied to talk about chess" which like, I don't see Koba not trying as town, so there is that
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Virgo »

In post 409, Andante wrote:ok so I have no idea how to go about making reads in this, ahhhhh tbh I have no clue. and this sucks. the chess stuff isn't helping anything, and I'm trying to sit here like "ok, who do I tr if I can't find SRs" and only tr coming to mind is raya, I really liked raya not hopping on my wagon, and actually seeing my side of that. ahhh ok late night this probably isn't gonna work :/ it's about to be 9pm bedtime lmao I think best in the mornings, but like, I don't even know if I'll view this differently. idk if I'm sold virgo is town, I'd need to actually read all their posts to see if I sr it, but I'm falling asleep. ok bye. I'll see yall tomorrow.
Like, I read stuff like this, and it really feels like scum struggling to form natural reads versus lost town? There's a difference to me usually, and I just don't feel it right now.

Adding in the additional 'ahhh' 'tbh' 'idk' stuff, narrating what they're doing -- it all feels like filler, and the only way that Andante seems to be able to ground reads is in connection to them which doesn't feel like... solving? It's not bigger picture.

And I still think it strange that they haven't gotten to a stance on me yet. Maybe it's good that they're at least considering if they scumread me or not but also strange they haven't... read what I'm saying when pushing them...

That being said: there's a part of me that thinks Andante actually leans slightly towards town for how other people are rallying around them? Like, behaviorally there is a chance they're just ticking every single box that makes me scumread someone and I'm being too harsh, and I didn't like how Raya/Flow were acting around them. It feels more like scum trying to take sides in a potential TvT than Andante having a scum agenda, IDK.

I'm convincing myself of this the more I type it out.
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Virgo »

Also: the vote from Isis wasn't bad, maybe I'm leaning too much into 'too scummy to be scum' but even then I don't think it was scummy. Naked vote, sure, but I don't think that a vote that early on is opportunistic when the town has like, zero information. It's just contributing to a wagon.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Andante »

Virgo, you are honestly getting on my nerves here with how you're nit picking everything I say. literally stop
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Virgo »

In post 463, Andante wrote:Virgo, you are honestly getting on my nerves here with how you're nit picking everything I say. literally stop
Don't... play mafia, if you don't want people to read into your posts? Lmao.
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Virgo »

Like, that's just the game. Not my problem if you don't like it. /shrug
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Virgo »

My heart just told me that if Isis is scum she's probably the flagbearer but I'm holding her hand and I don't think she's really scummy, just quiet.
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Virgo »

(I think that the correlation between quiet = flagbearer miiiight be the key or something in that situation if I am wrong, shrug.)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Andante »

"If she's scum she's the flagbearer" ok umm aren't we trying to find the flagbearer?
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Virgo »

Yes.

But I don't think that she's scum, currently -- it's more of a tangential thought than one I'm putting a lot of stock into right now.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Andante »

and that's not worth your time, I'm not a good investment
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 461, Virgo wrote:That being said: there's a part of me that thinks Andante actually leans slightly towards town for how other people are rallying around them?
I'm leaning towards this. I think town!Andante genuinely sees those protecting them or whatever to be in good faith and easily townreads people who do that
Virgo
Virgo
Townie
Virgo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Virgo »

In post 471, Raya36 wrote:
In post 461, Virgo wrote:That being said: there's a part of me that thinks Andante actually leans slightly towards town for how other people are rallying around them?
I'm leaning towards this. I think town!Andante genuinely sees those protecting them or whatever to be in good faith and easily townreads people who do that
The implication was that I think scum are rallying around Andante more than town, most likely.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Raya36 »

Oh ok, I misread but my point still stands
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 5:25 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 472, Virgo wrote:
In post 471, Raya36 wrote:
The implication was that I think scum are rallying around Andante more than town, most likely.
imo this read comes from healthy town paranoia and an understanding that new players are easily manipulated by scum

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”