VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2524, Gypyx wrote:
In post 2495, innocentvillager wrote:gypyx i think you should continue trying to evaluate me critically. i think there's more than enough content to read me at this point. i know tonal reads are hard to break down but i think you should think about why you don't like my tone and whether that's actually based on real experience from playing with me or if it's my general playstyle tone you dislike.

what anti associatives between me and Alice are you referring to btw?
i'll try sure, just that i'm pretty damn tired rn so not today

on another note, kinda wanna see where an alice wagon could go, maybe it's too late though?
Not today....we have like a day and a half left this phase. Do you see why I think you're stalling for time constantly this game?

Also, why aren't you voting alice if that's what you want?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2523, Gypyx wrote:
In post 2471, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1338, innocentvillager wrote:where are anyas scum buddies?
IV, you were pushing this argument D1 so I have a question for you

Who is Icon's partner here? You don't seem to think it's gypyx, so who is it, and why aren't you asking this same question now?
why is having a full solve important to you?
It's not really?

I was pulling IV up on the fact he cared about associations wrt Anya D1 but hadn't considered it at all wrt Icon D2
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:43 am

Post by innocentvillager »

okay you saw my response luca what do you think?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I've literally just come online give me a sec
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:45 am

In post 2516, VP Baltar wrote:They kind of have similar points against them around the George wagon, but IV is probably contributing more toward pushing the game forward
fucking lol

the first part is just completely false and the second part doesn't matter. if im scum im scum it doesn't matter what im doing. but we can table this discussion again to a later day.

pedit: lmao sorry didn't realize that.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:51 am

In post 664, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 659, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 632, innocentvillager wrote:also @you and @Ico @anyone else what cares, why is Norway town? quoting past posts is fine
Plus town points to IV here.

I was just thinking as I'm catching up from the overnight pages: "Where the hell is Norway? He was very active early on and then faded into the background once the game actually got rolling."
Don’t hit me with this shit.
I’m working a FULL TIME JOB. Dealing with children. I can’t be as active as usual. That does NOT equate scum and i’d rather just let everyone know right away that this is not how to read me in this game.
In post 1563, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Nice one IV. Woohoo! *Clap clap*

...Why the hell am i in your "PoE" -,-
i did a quick skim of Norway's ISO and these are the posts i think are maybe out of scumrange

don't expect to convince anyone with this

it's also a lot less than i previously thought. But actually i think like, he might not have individual posts truly out of scumrange (i mean, not that many people do) but the overall vibe I got was, invested in a way that scum wouldn't be? it's really hard to explain. like there were moments during the game i just felt he was towny. and moments i went like "why am I townleaning him again?"
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:51 am

In post 2508, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2503, VP Baltar wrote:What D1 things from Norway were out of scum range?
let me get back to you on this

i had this vague idea in my head but it's probably worth being more concrete.
that was re: this.

sorry Norway you might be back in my PoE just my upper half lol.

i think i may have been sheeping other people too subconsciously when evaluating you. you were kind of a universal townread and i couldn't quite grasp it so i thought maybe there was something i was missing about you
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:53 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2484, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2470, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1222, innocentvillager wrote:if I’m scum Anya is probably more likely to be town lol this is a classic scum!innocentvillager WK situation.
It's funny how IV said this and yet is now like '
why would I save Anya as scum'
okay this was like way before i actually started WKing her DO NOT take this out of context for yourself or others. this was after i made like one throwaway post or something about how i kinda believed her claim. I didn't know i was going to start WKing her until I started thinking about it and actually doing it.
but like

you admit as scum you would be quite likely to WK Anya, so why do you then make a surprised Pikachu face when people suspect you for possibly WK'ing Anya, as if it's the most unreasonable thing in the world to think?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:54 am

because we know GeorgeBailey, the second highest wagon at the time and probably the compromise to Anya, is SCUM now

if they're both town it's not a bad spot for scum!me to whiteknight
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:57 am

ive come around to people not townreading me for WKing Anya and waffling around the George compromise wagon. That's fine, i think the arguments are poor since imo costs outweigh benefits of my play everytime as scum but I can see how you'd argue it.

i really dislike getting flat out scumread for it. I just think it is frankly ridiculous to get scumread for something that clearly ended up being protown. Even if Anya is scum it wasn't detrimental to town
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2525, VP Baltar wrote:Do you see why I think you're stalling for time constantly this game?

Also, why aren't you voting alice if that's what you want?
yeah i see it, and honestly, i'm kinda sorry and not sorry at the same time

welp, if there's no way it happen, might as well try to do something actually productive right?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:58 am

In post 2533, innocentvillager wrote:because we know GeorgeBailey, the second highest wagon at the time and probably the compromise to Anya, is SCUM now

believe it or not i didn't know GEorgeBailey was going to flip scum at the time. most people in this game are town, so someone being scum generally isn't my default assumption.

and i said that line very early on too, before i actually starting WKing her. so yes context matters
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:01 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2526, Luca Blight wrote:

Who is Icon's partner here? You don't seem to think it's gypyx, so who is it, and why aren't you asking this same question now?
It's not really?

I was pulling IV up on the fact he cared about associations wrt Anya D1 but hadn't considered it at all wrt Icon D2
fair, would've been cool if you made it more obvious
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2533, innocentvillager wrote:because we know GeorgeBailey, the second highest wagon at the time and probably the compromise to Anya, is SCUM now

It looked for a long time that the Anya lim would just go through regardless as there wasn't much of a push elsewhere. Like you defended Anya, but didn't push anywhere else until you were pretty much forced to, and your first choice happened to be Not_Mafia rather than George even though George had been objectively scummy imo

I believe Baltar said earlier it would be a risky but potentially rewarding play as scum and I kind of agree. When I was scum against Datisi I pushed my inactive partner's wagon D1 and WK'd the inactive townie who was a competing wagon. In the end the townie happened to be limmed and this really helped me win the game as scum as in ELO Datisi was like 'why would Luca bus his partner so unnecessarily D1'.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2524, Gypyx wrote:on another note, kinda wanna see where an alice wagon could go, maybe it's too late though?
Yes.
I don't see my vote going on IV when we have 1 hour left and this wagon is just sitting here.
I still dislike Ico's Luca push. It was really scummy, and idk about Alice tbh but i like Ico a lot better as an elimination for today.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

1 day left* Not 1 hour.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2537, Gypyx wrote:
In post 2526, Luca Blight wrote:

It's not really?

fair, would've been cool if you made it more obvious
uh, it would have been obvious had you paid attention to what I was replying to
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2505, innocentvillager wrote:Luca has also complained multiple times that i am not townreading him, lol

he's also not in nearly as much danger of being elimed than me
I wasn't really complaining, I just didn't understand why your read on me wasn't developing, but it makes a little more sense now you've explained it
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2530, innocentvillager wrote:it's also a lot less than i previously thought. But actually i think like, he might not have individual posts truly out of scumrange (i mean, not that many people do) but the overall vibe I got was, invested in a way that scum wouldn't be? it's really hard to explain. like there were moments during the game i just felt he was towny. and moments i went like "why am I townleaning him again?"
Is that the only reason you townread me?

- Bunno
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:12 am

okay just spewing some thoughts on Ico because like, he's probably going to die:

i think Ico this game has been very lackluster. To me he has basically no presence. I'm aware that timezone differences severely affect this but i'm pretty sure there are people in this game who have interacted with Ico and felt that he had no presence too despite the high post count. When I was playing as scum against him with Datisi in 2175, I felt Ico's presence a lot and I was pretty scared of him at any given point basically. Granted I was scum that game and I'm town here so it feels different, but i really cannot recall seeing a town!ico game where he was low presence. He was kind of low presence as scum in 2180 as well.

Ico doesn't really care about this game, regardless of his alignment. If he's scum, he's probably just accepted he's going to lose this game; even if his partner is deepwolfed like geraint or Baltar he probably can't rest too easy. I think it makes sense for him to be scum playing lackluster here.

People have mentioned that he can be more engaged as scum and try to power control the town. That's a possibility but like it's not the only way to play scum. Idk this point actually gives me a little pause on Ico but i can also see him just changing his playstyle for this game since people are fresh from the other one/not caring as much in general

I think the way he sheeped the popular opinions on Anya and George at the time was kind of slimy. He helped the Anya wagon get higher than the GeorgeBailey wagon initially and when Anya started tonwtelling a little and people started shifting over to George, he did the same. Granted it could be a coincidence because a lot of those happened when he's just not online, but it's still scum!indicative overall i think. That's one reason i think my actions and Ico's actions around the wagon are just simply not comparable - i took initiative as the first person to save Anya, while he just sheeped (coincidentally or not) the consensus takes at the time.

im not saying this can't come from town!Ico, there is a world where it can imo? just that on balance i feel like things are pointing against him, his interactions around George have been very meh, and there aren't too many players who i am seriously considering in my PoE i think. it's going to be a tough game i think if Iconeum flips town but i think we should see this flip.

sorry if you're town, ico
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2505, innocentvillager wrote:Luca has also complained multiple times that i am not townreading him, lol

he's also not in nearly as much danger of being elimed than me
I wasn't really complaining, I just didn't understand why your read on me wasn't developing, but it makes a little more sense now you've explained it
Although I *still* feel as though no matter what I do this game you're gonna be like 'Luca hasn't obvtowned enough'

I don't really get why you're holding me to such a standard, particularly when the only game we've played together I had a pretty poor scum game and was yeeted D2.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:15 am

sorry it be like that luca :/

2200, 21xx with town!Datisi still :P

you should play with scum!me sometime. i think you'd be surprised at how little i am capable of as scum especially as the days go on. im genuinely trying to work on it but Anya can tell you how much i hated posting in that scum game i had
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If Ico is scum then i think either Gypyx or IV could be aligned and scum double bussed an useless teammate with Iconeum. I'm also a bit paranoid about Geraintm masterminding an early informed claim and defending Ico here but that's some big tin foil hat theory i'm not really going to take too seriously.
VOTE: Iconeum
If Ico town then i will need to re-evaluate. Possibly scum are outside of the initial George wagon.

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2484, innocentvillager wrote: I thought the way the wagons developed around Anya was slimy and made her unlikely to be scum.
This is news to me?

I thought the only reason you TR Anya was based on her claim. Why did you think the way the wagon developed was slimy? I remember you supporting said wagon before her claim

Apologies if you've already explained this but I don't recall you doing so
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:21 am

In post 2538, Luca Blight wrote:

It looked for a long time that the Anya lim would just go through regardless as there wasn't much of a push elsewhere. Like you defended Anya, but didn't push anywhere else until you were pretty much forced to, and your first choice happened to be Not_Mafia rather than George even though George had been objectively scummy imo

I believe Baltar said earlier it would be a risky but potentially rewarding play as scum and I kind of agree. When I was scum against Datisi I pushed my inactive partner's wagon D1 and WK'd the inactive townie who was a competing wagon. In the end the townie happened to be limmed and this really helped me win the game as scum as in ELO Datisi was like 'why would Luca bus his partner so unnecessarily D1'.
i understand that this is a possible scum!narrative for me, and that's why im fine with people not townreading me for it

like im taking a massive risk praying that we get the misflip on Anya d1 while hoping that GeorgeBailey flips later making me look good

it's still a big stretch to say that my behavior is explicitly scum!indicative especially when i have literally done these things as town? and probably never have done something this crazy as scum? even without the meta aspect if you hate that wifomy stuff.

idk, i feel like i was screaming loud enough that someone was potentially going to listen to me about Anya. im not sure what happened in your game though, it seems like you feel the situation was similar to this one and that's why it looks suspicious to you. I'm surprised you didn't make this more clear earlier, because now the suspicion on me actually makes more sense

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”