ban vocaroos

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Sun May 02, 2021 7:10 am

Post by TemporalLich »

I think images/vocaroos/other types of files that might be less accessible than text should be left for memeing or other non-serious posts - I'd say discourage them from being used to give reads or be used in strongly AI ways. I like memey images in posts but "MS Paint" Mafia is themey.

And if they are on something that is time-limited, consider that a violation of the editing/deleting messages in Mafia games rule.

External files also technically break the discussion of ongoing games rule - image hosting sites and youtube links should be fine for meme purposes.

Alt text can easily be abused to use cryptography.

tl;dr vocaroos and images are good for memes, not when they're heavily AI and not something you can comment out - also making vocaroos about ongoing games is discussing ongoing games and is not okay.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Sun May 02, 2021 9:39 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 48, DkKoba wrote:info graphs and funny meme diagrams are positive aspects of the forums. Do you want to take that away from Bingle?
No, those are fun to play against. What isn't fun to play against is an unexpected barrage of images or being expected to view the images - especially if you are playing with a screen reader (and therefore images appear as "Image" to you).
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:04 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 52, Menalque wrote:
In post 45, TemporalLich wrote:External files also technically break the discussion of ongoing games rule
Uh

How?
for example, if you post a vocaroo discussing an ongoing game, it technically falls afoul of the discussion of ongoing games rule. But only technically, I don't know how the site works and if it's like imgur without publishing the image where you need the link anyway it should be fine.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

There's a big difference between banning it from Normal and Newbie games and banning it from all Mafia games.

The latter would require some burden of proof that vocaroos are a degenerate strategy that make the game less fun for everyone. I have zero experience with vocaroos but I would be okay with them being banned unless explicitly allowed in the ruleset (which would be the case if vocaroos are considered ongoing games discussion outside the thread - which isn't wrong tbh).

I would not sign up for a vocaroo-based game, but having it be something without exception would end up banning vocaroo-based games (which are not Normal regardless).
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:29 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 83, yessiree wrote:data can be embedded in audio signals, therefore, malicious actors can use audio signals as a medium to exchange information in a way that is inaccessible by other players
That would be considered cryptography, which is against most moderator's rule sets and likely will end up being against site rules for ongoing games.
time will end

Return to “Mafia Discussion”