ban vocaroos

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 16, Menalque wrote:I don’t see a problem with it so long as a transcript is included tbh
I agree with this. (Made by the player) I also don't think banning anything is helpful to solve any problem outright, seems more like a Band-Aid.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Sun May 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

It doesn't address the issue, it is lazy. Instead you can suggest rules in place to ensure a transcript is given (as it would look as if made into a post). Can also make sure captions are in place to make it more accessible. Much better solution than simply banning it. The trade off is that it takes more effort.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Not if a ban isn't reasonable, no. It is possible I will always try to slow down a ban if I see there is a way to improve it as I like to solve things. I always see a ban as a last resort. Trying to become a programmer may be influencing my thinking here as well.

To me this applies to a one off style, I don't see any reason to ban media if you can simply solve the problem without banning it. I can understand the mindset if the poster wanted to do so with every post, I think that is too much. (One or two is fine)

I do think this is more of something that should be left to mod discretion and not banned outright. It is fine for a mod to not want to allow those simply to not need to put in the effort to verify them. However, allowing them also allows fun.

The default should be posting via the forums of course. If the problem can't be solved though, then I can see how disallowing them is the better move. But I think we should try to solve it before moving to ban at least. I do agree we should be accessible. 100%.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Sun May 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

A hybrid can be done. (Possibly with a limit per game phase) I do agree that it can be advertised for players to know in advance, like they do with hydras. The only point against audio and / or video is it may not be accessible unless a transcript and captions are provided. Don't see a reason to ban overall, but mod discretion is a fine compromise.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”