They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

no more nightless setups thx
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

more thoughts: please add more scumsided setups next year. having a whole team of 4 behind you adds another dimension to the game and like makes it inherently more townsided in that regard. people who roll scum shouldn't be effectively boned in that regard. literally every setup here was won by town, and only 1 was like considered closed in that regard and that was the large theme and id say that was largely carried by FL nearly hardcarrying a win.

make town work for it.

and like perhaps a more dynamic points system for each side - so that you get *some* points when you do advance your wincon. Like if you lose as town, you still get *some* points if you manage to lim some town, and for scum you get more points the longer you keep the game going with x amount of scum or something. maybe just thoughts for the future. hope to play next year and not get banned in the middle of the games tho! definitely will have reformed koba playing then :)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 33, DkKoba wrote:more thoughts: please add more scumsided setups next year. having a whole team of 4 behind you adds another dimension to the game and like makes it inherently more townsided in that regard. people who roll scum shouldn't be effectively boned in that regard. literally every setup here was won by town, and only 1 was like considered closed in that regard and that was the large theme and id say that was largely carried by FL nearly hardcarrying a win.

make town work for it.

and like perhaps a more dynamic points system for each side - so that you get *some* points when you do advance your wincon. Like if you lose as town, you still get *some* points if you manage to lim some town, and for scum you get more points the longer you keep the game going with x amount of scum or something. maybe just thoughts for the future. hope to play next year and not get banned in the middle of the games tho! definitely will have reformed koba playing then :)
edit: "lim some scum" as town not lim some town xD bad typo
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeah goes to show that randing town is much more beneficial for your team and you get harmed if you rand scum.

teams that had a better chance randed scum less.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 46, OkaPoka wrote:yeah more scumsided setups would probably be a good thing as a whole

not sure about dynamic scoring tho, the only thing that should really matter is winning and giving points to certain playstyles might lead to weird perverse incentives like not bussing
solution: 2 types of payouts.

a special Winner payout that gives max points

and a loser's payout that gives partial points based on performance.

no one is going to play assuming they will lose. scum would most definitely matter based on how many day phases with eliminations they survive.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i disagree. I think the straight all or nothing approach is not fair. when you rand scum you get no consolation for any sort of skill/effort pushed in advancing your own wincon.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

like i said - have winning outright give max points.

because not every win/loss is equal

also would remove bias from the surveys because sometimes players may have done well but they dont get voted for because of personal bias against them or the opposite.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

Meanwhile i was the only one during TM banned for toxicity xP while not being in that game
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 62, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 59, DkKoba wrote:Meanwhile i was the only one during TM banned for toxicity xP while not being in that game
And imo, what you did paled in comparison to what transpired in my game.
I was mainly banned for a non TM game ~ partially for my game though.
(Boonskiies dark fairy game)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 85, Eddie Cane wrote:Not specifically responding to the above discussion:

Mafia is a game. If you do not enjoy playing it, you should not play it. If it is bad for your mental health, you should not play it. If more than once in a blue moon you find yourself overly angry, sad, or another negative emotion, you should not be playing mafia either.

The most common 'trigger' source I've observed is when being pushed. If you are a good player, you will sometimes be read as scum when you are town, even if you are playing a fantastic game. You should take it as a compliment people believe you are scum. Obviously, engage, and there is nothing wrong with a little heated arguing here and there, but short of claims there should never be a point you are upset you are scum read. Sometimes weaker players will push you at stupid times even despite claims. If you cannot handle being accused and pushed, you should not play mafia.

There are lots of alternatives if you love the concept of mafia but find games constantly negatively affecting you. You can try other mafia sites. You can try other venues for mafia, such as via voice or video. You can try other social deduction games, of which there are many, and a lot do not involve the aspects of mafia that tend to make things toxic. I stopped playing here for many reasons, but ultimately, it boils down to the fact that despite loving the game of mafia, it was draining, addicting, and left me feeling worse after many games.

With that said, congrats to the winners.
nth
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 101, Infinity 324 wrote:It's also more of a disadvantage to lose as scum than as town
^^^^
Teams that rand scum more than town have less of a chance.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

also hercule was scum there too - reranded as scum.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Sun May 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 109, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 106, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Guess i can’t complain about townbias then.
I think you can in the sense that I think the balance in these games just simply doesn't account for the fact that it is much harder to win as scum than it is to win as town in team mafia.
Yeah i was playing as scum vs 28 townies, not just 7. It was hard to play scum in those conditions where dayplay can be precarious.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Mon May 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 116, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 102, DkKoba wrote:
In post 101, Infinity 324 wrote:It's also more of a disadvantage to lose as scum than as town
^^^^
Teams that rand scum more than town have less of a chance.

Did you like our team randing 3 scum roles :mrgreen:
no

neither did i like 3 replacements in my game ALL FAVORING TOWN
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #14) » Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

part of mafia skill is being able to maintain your play across games and defy meta.

specifically why I am able to play very well as scum is because I am able to play against what people perceive as my scumgame and switch it up game to game when necessary.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #15) » Tue May 04, 2021 11:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 122, Alisae wrote:koba best mafia player
mafia(the alignment) xD

my towngame needs a lot of work :(
retired

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”