Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1449, Mognet wrote:
In post 1446, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1443, Mognet wrote:Mean NAI things Entity Kupo? :( This makes me sad.

I am trying to add levity to what seems to be a toxic game based on the mod ISOs.

If I am being annoying somehow Kupo please tell me. I mean no one offense or harm.

Pedit Now I am doubly sad.
The schtick is frustrating.
Why is it frustrating? Are you having a hard time reading me because of adding a few Kupos? It seems well received. I seem to have gotten people to talk about reads. What are yours besides Mastina scum as that’s a dead horse?
Why do I need another read? Mastina is scum, she'll flip, and then I'll have reads from that.

You said you would vote Mastina right? What's the holdup then?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by joqiza »

i think i'm willing to hammer mastina, but i want to give her a chance to speak first
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1450, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1449, Mognet wrote:
In post 1446, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1443, Mognet wrote:Mean NAI things Entity Kupo? :( This makes me sad.

I am trying to add levity to what seems to be a toxic game based on the mod ISOs.

If I am being annoying somehow Kupo please tell me. I mean no one offense or harm.

Pedit Now I am doubly sad.
The schtick is frustrating.
Why is it frustrating? Are you having a hard time reading me because of adding a few Kupos? It seems well received. I seem to have gotten people to talk about reads. What are yours besides Mastina scum as that’s a dead horse?
Why do I need another read? Mastina is scum, she'll flip, and then I'll have reads from that.

You said you would vote Mastina right? What's the holdup then?
Still reading other missives.

(Assuming Mastina is scum)
Two reasons assuming you’re right you’re very likely town unless it was a planned bus to cut discussion but that’s more paranoia maybe. If you are town then scum kill you we lose that opinion and it’s not to be heard from again.
If you’re scum it gives us more to work off of which is a win win for town.

(Assuming Mastina is town)
We can use this to validate if you are scum fear pushing Mastina or trying to replicate a “I always push Mastina” habit or an intentional bus or just you hate playing with Mastina enough it clouded your judgment.

The more you give the more it helps us.

And the simple answer to your question is I am still reading while playing. I will hammer when I am good and ready (assuming she’s still viable)
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1451, joqiza wrote:i think i'm willing to hammer mastina, but i want to give her a chance to speak first
I think you might be scum Dr. Strange Kupo.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by joqiza »

okay.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Bell »

Not to oversimplify but I'm not sure how eliminating Mastina with the instructions: stop sucking, get good. Is going to result in improvement. On the other hand, I don't care .I'm here to find the Reds and the third party guy and have fun puzzle solving. Not dispense advice. I have tried fake policy limming Mastina as scum before, but it wasn't my real opinion on the matter.

@Vax, just from my own tendencies as scum, I notice that scum tend to occupy opposite positions on any wagon. It's like hedging your bets kinda. I don't much stock in it though, just trying to see from their perspective.

The difference between Sam and I might just be because we've different experiences with LLD. She tends to hit scum early in my games. I dunno what experience Sam has had with LLD.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Bell »

NGL, my read on Joqiza is going all over the place because I remember a particular brand of scum that coasted on a genuine meta read.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 1456, Bell wrote:NGL, my read on Joqiza is going all over the place because I remember a particular brand of scum that coasted on a genuine meta read.
I don't really know what "coasted on a genuine meta read" means or how it applies to me this game.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by joqiza »

I guess I understand that you're saying my only contribution is a read on marry but I find that annoying, regardless if it's accurate or not.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1426, Mognet wrote:
In post 1423, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1419, Mognet wrote:What if Lady Lambdadelta is committing vehicular manslaughter over her buddy Mastina?
In post 1421, The Entity wrote:also marry is probably scum
welcome to my wavelength
I don’t think LLD would attack two buddies and not mention any Americans. That’s very newbieesque. She doesn’t seem like a newbie. Probably LLD and Marry opposing alignments or both Americans.
what would be newbieesque is caring about something like this
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Bell »

Coasted = little effort needed after avoiding initial suspicion.
Genuine meta read = Your read of Marry, could be a real, could be honest and could be right, with you still being scum. Giving a real opinion is a serviceable way to appear to be hunting.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by joqiza »

Ultimately I'm not really sure what else is needed from me at this stage of the game. I could write up a bunch about mastina but I don't think it's going to affect the way anything plays out today and there's enough content as is. I'll be... professional, in my hammer and I think that's the best thing I can do here?

If people want more reads or something from me I can do that. I have more jumbled thoughts atm than actual reads. I've focused on laying out my marry read because that's where I feel like I can make a difference to the game.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Bell »

You appear to have 3 reads by my count. So, while it's annoying it doesn't really ring as untrue to me. But I can't observe stuff, I can't see.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1459, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1426, Mognet wrote:
In post 1423, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1419, Mognet wrote:What if Lady Lambdadelta is committing vehicular manslaughter over her buddy Mastina?
In post 1421, The Entity wrote:also marry is probably scum
welcome to my wavelength
I don’t think LLD would attack two buddies and not mention any Americans. That’s very newbieesque. She doesn’t seem like a newbie. Probably LLD and Marry opposing alignments or both Americans.
what would be newbieesque is caring about something like this
It was a common trope when I learned to play mafia in person a loooooong time ago. Probably before some of you were a twinkle in your parent’s eyes or manufacturer’s eyes. You accused your buddies to start out with so you lie as little as possible.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by joqiza »

I don't like committing to things unless I feel good about them.

It's hard to feel good about anything with 24p at the table and no one resolved.

That's basically the crux of the issue. I think I'll be more expressive once I see a flip.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1464, joqiza wrote:I don't like committing to things unless I feel good about them.

It's hard to feel good about anything with 24p at the table and no one resolved.

That's basically the crux of the issue. I think I'll be more expressive once I see a flip.
This is why I think you’re not American. You keep hedging way too much. You think you’ll hammer but ...

That should just be I will hammer. You’re saying I think because it’s group pressure to hammer Mastina.

See here you’re being pressured about not having a read. Then you’ll be more expressive once you know? I mean it’s easy to get people right who have flipped.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by joqiza »

?

I said what I said about the hammer, I don't get why being uncertain is AI on D1 of a game. If you think it is, then you shouldn't.

Being more expressive about reads =/= being more expressive about the flipped slot... that's simply not what I'm saying. I'm saying the flip (not necessarily mastina's, but a flip in general) will help inform my reads on other slots.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Titus »

Town firey LLD

Large Normal Team Mafia

She was right too
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1466, joqiza wrote:?

I said what I said about the hammer, I don't get why being uncertain is AI on D1 of a game. If you think it is, then you shouldn't.

Being more expressive about reads =/= being more expressive about the flipped slot... that's simply not what I'm saying. I'm saying the flip (not necessarily mastina's, but a flip in general) will help inform my reads on other slots.
You’re being uncertain about what you’re willing to do.

I think I’d hammer
I think I’d be more expressive.

It’s too vague and not about reads.

It’s like saying “I think I will tell you a scumread by Sunday” it’s too wishy washy. Either commit or don’t to an action. It’s got all sorts of wiggle room and no accountability,
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by joqiza »

I don't care to overstate my confidence just to appease you
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by joqiza »

I think I'm not sure I'm uncertain I don't know

these are all true things about me and I will continue to express myself this way for as long as I play mafia
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by The Church of Skitter »

I'm starting to scumread Mognet, I actually have a really hard time believing that his contributions are coming from town because ever since he replaced in it feels like he has just stayed in the thread ever since and when I actually read his posts I feel like a lot of his contributions are being overplayed and faked. It really looks like he wants to look like town rather than just be town. I also feel like he's using this replace in to try to leave a good impression on people.

also kind of doesn't fly w/ me?
In post 1452, Mognet wrote:We can use this to validate if you are scum fear pushing Mastina or trying to replicate a “I always push Mastina” habit or an intentional bus or just you hate playing with Mastina enough it clouded your judgment.
Why would LLD fear mastina? I find it hard to believe that LLD as scum would fear anyone.
Why would she try to replicate a "I always push mastina" habit when she could be doing quite possibly anything else? An elim is an elim sure but I'm sure LLD has better options that she look for or create.
Also the "you just hate playing w/ mastina enough it clouded your judgment" seems really silly to me tbh.
Alisae + Menalque
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:37 pm

In post 1471, The Church of Skitter wrote:I'm starting to scumread Mognet, I actually have a really hard time believing that his contributions are coming from town because ever since he replaced in it feels like he has just stayed in the thread ever since and when I actually read his posts I feel like a lot of his contributions are being overplayed and faked. It really looks like he wants to look like town rather than just be town. I also feel like he's using this replace in to try to leave a good impression on people.

also kind of doesn't fly w/ me?
In post 1452, Mognet wrote:We can use this to validate if you are scum fear pushing Mastina or trying to replicate a “I always push Mastina” habit or an intentional bus or just you hate playing with Mastina enough it clouded your judgment.
Why would LLD fear mastina? I find it hard to believe that LLD as scum would fear anyone.
Why would she try to replicate a "I always push mastina" habit when she could be doing quite possibly anything else? An elim is an elim sure but I'm sure LLD has better options that she look for or create.
Also the "you just hate playing w/ mastina enough it clouded your judgment" seems really silly to me tbh.
oh and remember

this slot apparently scumreads Mastina, according to them. They're not defending Mastina.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm

oh also, how the fuck do i have an "i always push mastina" habit.

i have countless games, including the fucking large normal in team mafia where i have told mastina she was wrong, but town, and proceeded to be frustrated and live with her for the rest of the game.

It's like i'm witnessing someone try to tell me who i am or how i play when they don't know me. like, use meta against me.... but not even bother to learn my meta.

god

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Titus »

One thing that I didn't like about Mognet is their reply to me getting them a mastina scum game that they plead for. They then wanted me to do a meta comparison between the two games which is garbage to begin with. Yet if you wanted a mastina scumgame, wouldn't you do the comparison?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”