Major Policy Changes for Hydras for Mafia Games

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 0, zoraster wrote:
New Policies For Hydras: Commitment

Over the years, the moderators have gotten a lot of complaints about hydras. They're unfair, they decrease participation, inevitably one head will post less than the other, they act differently, etc. We still think hydras have a role to play on Mafiascum, but we want to address some of the short fallings we often see from hydras. As such we're instituting the following changes:

1. Before entering into a hydra partnership, all players must go through mandatory pre-hydra counseling to ensure that everyone in the partnership enters in with the same goals and are able to achieve a unity of purpose.
2. When ready to become a hydra, the players involved must participate in a live commitment ceremony performed by a staff member.
3. Players' current accounts will be blocked from posting in mafia games (they will still be allowed in discussion).
4. Players are nominally prohibited from being in more than one hydra. However, hydras may enter into hydras with other hydras using the same standards previously discussed.

The hope here is that people take seriously their commitments to hydras, and as such both those who feel negatively toward hydras and those who want to participate in hydras can both appreciate their games. This change will take place in the coming weeks and old hydras (now referred to as oldras) will be grandfathered in only for existing games.

Thanks for your patience and welcome to the new era of hydras!

-Zor and the team
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 38, SirCakez wrote:
In post 31, T3 wrote:lmfao wut is this april fools
No this is a real rules change.
Sure, I always believe in rules’ changes when they’re announced on April 1. :wink:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 40, GeorgeBailey wrote:I'm gonna propose to my Hydra partner!!! Wish me luck!!

Spoiler:
That’s absolutely brilliant. :lol:

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Fri May 07, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 66, Gamma Emerald wrote:I know this was an April Fool’s joke but I really feel like something along these lines is sorely needed atp
I’ve had a lot of dead-weight hydra partners that probably resulted in me losing interest in mafia
I’ll acknowledge I’ve also had my own issues but I at least try to do my best, even if that often is practically nothing.
If someone tells you they’re looking for a hydra partner to carry them, just say no. :P - unless it’s of course very time specific, like they’re v/la for a pre-determined amount of time. That’s obviously different but not if it’s ongoing.

I don’t mind someone if there at least active behind the scenes and have strengths that I lack say, mech - which has generally not been my strongest suit but if they’re literally not doing anything and there almost impossible to get a hold of, I’d pass.

So, I’d be okay carrying in a mech complex game as long as I had a hydra partner who was proficient in that because I really enjoy those games but I more often than not get tripped up by it,
I’ve really only had one bad hydra experience to date and anyone reading my GTKAS can probably figure out who that is but have also experienced dead weight hydra partners, so yeah - that’s not much fun either.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 71, Gamma Emerald wrote:A lot of times my dead weight partners haven't been ones who've said they were going to be
Look at past games then, it’s extremely unlikely that if they have a history of being active in their other games, the one game you hydra with them they will suddenly become dead weight and vice -versa.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “News”