Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-4

Iverson
(1): SirCakez
Disaster Cartel
(1): Infinity 324

Not Voting
(6): Venus Fly Trap, Momrangal, Iverson, Kismet, notscience, Disaster Cartel

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: May 21, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-05-20 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Iverson »

IT IS THE TWENTIES

AND THERE IS TIME FOR MAFIA

aight hustlers it's 2:20pm and I just woke up no days off rise and grind let's get this bread
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Iverson »

In post 10, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Not_Mafia

Seems like a foregone conclusion anyways.
I've read the first 10 pages like 4 times at this point but this post cracks up me every time and just gets better with age
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

NACHO WAS RIGHT
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Iverson »

I'm reading/taking notes at a pace of 10 minutes/page so this is going to be a time.
In post 2928, SirCakez wrote:NACHO WAS RIGHT
Anything else you've been thinking about the last 48 hours?
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Iverson »

(I think it is very obvious that Cakez is not thinking about the game other than for exactly the 10 minutes where he opens the page)
In post 2820, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 2816, Iverson wrote:It doesn't actually matter what alignment Not_Mafia was when it comes to blitzing. It mattered what alignment Bulge was, and it is very clear based off daystart that Cakez was not actively thinking on it overnight and is improvising. The conditional was not on his mind at start of day even if it was in fact relevant, and it took me essentially gladiating him to have him work through it.
right, he seemed to have been thinking through while u were talking to him
i'm not really sure why that's scummy hto
(or why yesterday you were calling to like 'coach' him through this process and explicilty call him *not* scum but today it's scummy either)
This is one of my big frustrations with skitter. Everyone saw me blitz. It didn't faze Cakez, at overnight or at day start. Suddenly it became something worth looking into when I pushed him. This makes sense if you were iffy on it, thinking of plausible explanations for either alignment, but here Cakez is claiming to have basically completely overlooked it and just now be thinking about it and man he just doesn't get it.
What?

The difference between this interaction on me blitzing and my Cakez criticism Day 2 was that his responses were too rushed and he should slow down and chew on them more. Cakez watched me shoot his dog and IDK that just didn't seem like it was significant but now that you mention it man how did he miss that?

The wheels are only turning when the inspectors show up.
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Iverson »

Contrast that to someone like Infinity, who didn't get it, tried to work through it, still did not get it and actively questioned it. I wanted to make sure Infinity wasn't just playing the part of confused to be performative, but that skepticism was so much more natural of a reaction.
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Iverson »

Summary of thoughts on first 10 pages:

-Mena's insistence on foisting a townread on notscience, even when shown his meta was bad, while being skeptical of Kismet with the excuse of not knowing who he is, makes me feel like he really just doesn't want to wind up in a position fighting notsci rather than trying to read him. I also really don't like the aimless browbeating push on NM that was obviously never going to work over something more substantive and his/skitter's interactions are bizarre and contrarian for their own sake, particularly things like DC disagreeing with the Kismet TR but only asking why skitter townread him as an afterthought.

-Two post of Nacho's sum up my thoughts really well on VFT. The first, 118 is about how skitter seems to be voting him for doing something bad rather than actually thinking he's scum. I go back and forth on 116 from Leafeon, I was pretty sure it was +scum for skitter in that it's obvious who skitter is pushing and Nacho is right that it seems like aimless questioning for its own sake. Now I think it's plausible Leafeon is just concerned about skitter and wants to ask a good looking question. I'm more neutral than Nacho is on Lillith.

-notscience was right to think Nacho was scum for being active and I liked the wallpost he made about it. I'm still iffy to see how the thought he could read Not_Mafia meshes with the Day 2 start but I'm optimistic.

-Infinity is still town to me for the Leafeon+Glaceon interactions on page 4 but I haven't taken as much note of the rest of their posting.

-Kismet is still obviously town, this level of questioning and thought that is incisive but not biting is a farcry from both 2181 and Warehouse and I just don't think he has the heart to play on as scum.

-Shockingly, Cakez is really town in this time. 245 is a great post, not as thrilled at notsci being in the scumleans but his followup answer about notsci being too passive makes sense and giving three town as his townpool is fuckin BOLD
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Iverson »

damn y'all actually made the man try on page 14 only to vote him anyway.

i would have done the same, it's ok
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Iverson »

My thoughts on pages 10-20: I'm sorry but this was unreadable garbage from virtually every player posting.

I hate that that's a copout but yeah. Cakez's/Nacho's perspectives both make sense but I got to watch a 5 page slapfight, Mena's posts aren't really ~wrong~ but the strength of the notsci TR is so extremely bizarre to me and the interaction w/ Kismet is bad. Not planning on reading Skitt sounds like a scumclaim from what I saw in 2181.
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Iverson »

Like fuck after that I have to take a break and go drive that was one of the most painful 10 page slogs I have experienced in my life
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Iverson »

Okay I've spammed enough atm but my last thought for a bit is Skitter is suddenly my best friend on pages 22/23 and I feel a lot better about her slot
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Iverson »

0 posts on a Saturday. This game needs Jesus and I am not Jesus.

Does it just like, get even worse after page 25? What happened here? Have we no will to win? Was the Miltank Man just too strong?
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2920, Kismet wrote:
In post 2918, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 2917, skitter30 wrote:Bork we should def to that at some point :)
yes!
:)
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2923, Venus Fly Trap wrote:feeling really shitty from vaccine and allergy season rearing its head, will try to be at some point this weekend
Feel good lilith <3

Iverson still hate ur sircakez take

~ skitter
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Iverson »

it's okay I still hate ur sircakez take too lmao

i still think voting me isn't the worst idea because it only gets blitzed if all 3 of us are town but idk maybe waiting until i finish is better. tbh that was so much rougher than i expected like holy shit, 3 hours for 25 fucking pages. I will work through some tomorrow as well but like #itried. cakez earlygame was good but i still don't mind gladiating it w/ what I have seen
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Iverson »

can you be more explicit about your issue here, do you still not get my point or do you disagree that the wheels never turning unless prompted is scummy
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2929, Iverson wrote:I'm reading/taking notes at a pace of 10 minutes/page so this is going to be a time.
In post 2928, SirCakez wrote:NACHO WAS RIGHT
Anything else you've been thinking about the last 48 hours?
mostly how much shit I've been buried in irl
maf not the priority rn
In post 2930, Iverson wrote:(I think it is very obvious that Cakez is not thinking about the game other than for exactly the 10 minutes where he opens the page)
I have a lot going on dude
This is not wrong
I only have so many brain cells to divert across school, modding and playing
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'm not gonna comment on Iverson's continual poking of my opening today because it's just bait and he doesn't care about what I'll say anyways
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

ok I will bite on this
Iverson who are my scum buddies?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

I don't have the time to reread and frankly I don't think it will change my feelings on anything even if I did do it
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2930, Iverson wrote:This is one of my big frustrations with skitter. Everyone saw me blitz. It didn't faze Cakez, at overnight or at day start. Suddenly it became something worth looking into when I pushed him. This makes sense if you were iffy on it, thinking of plausible explanations for either alignment, but here Cakez is claiming to have basically completely overlooked it and just now be thinking about it and man he just doesn't get it. What?

The difference between this interaction on me blitzing and my Cakez criticism Day 2 was that his responses were too rushed and he should slow down and chew on them more. Cakez watched me shoot his dog and IDK that just didn't seem like it was significant but now that you mention it man how did he miss that?

The wheels are only turning when the inspectors show up.
- i odn't think he was online when you voted, and it looks to me like he reevaluated upon coming into the game day3. saying that he's only voting you and questioning your vote because you're pushing him seems remarkably disingenuous
- we established like start of day2 that he's only playing the game when he's here and is sort of thinking through his posts as he types them and, more importantly, that *you weren't scumreading him for this behavior*. i literally don't understand what changed and why you're scumreading him for this now but it wasn't scummy yesterday (you in fact took great issue with me saying you were scumreading him for doing just that). you also seem to understand that he's only thinking abt teh game while he's here
- you seem to be townreading infinity for doing the same thing sircakez is doing ???

i just, like, don't understand this push - it seems to me like it's convenient for you to be scumreading him for these reasons but i don't understand why 'only thinking abt the game while actively in thread* is scummy, which seems to be what the push boils down to
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

whoops

~ skitter
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

It's just hard to be enthusiastic about this game when two SRs I was correct on both slipped out
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

infinity, where are u holding rn