Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 722, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 720, Anastasia wrote:I'd like to take a shot on infinity-ss-unwnd as the scum team because I am a naive dreamer.
or, get this: you don't, and then the scum probably rule it out via swaps. and if they don't, then we've seriously narrowed the amount of possible swaps available to them.
I don't understand
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 720, Anastasia wrote:
In post 714, Dunnstral wrote:I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't want to put someone you scumread in the keep
I'd like to take a shot on infinity-ss-unwnd as the scum team because I am a naive dreamer.
If you are 100% right on all 3 members of the scum team, this wins. If you are wrong on any one of them, this setup makes the Wall much harder to win.

I think I would be more open to this plan, if one of your scum reads was not already locked into the Wall, and we could send them somewhere else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

If me, Infinity, and unwnd don't all end up at different locations post-swap, then we are 100% ruled out as a team. So if scum don't ensure that we do all end up at different locations, you got your wish at eliminating that team, without having to strongarm the locations. And if scum do ensure that we all end up at different locations, it means they couldn't use their swap to do whatever else they wanted to do.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 727, Something_Smart wrote:If me, Infinity, and unwnd don't all end up at different locations post-swap, then we are 100% ruled out as a team. So if scum don't ensure that we do all end up at different locations, you got your wish at eliminating that team, without having to strongarm the locations. And if scum do ensure that we all end up at different locations, it means they couldn't use their swap to do whatever else they wanted to do.

ok but why wouldn't the scum want to put you three in different locations?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 723, unwnd wrote:
In post 703, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 700, unwnd wrote:Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that is what you felt most strongly about
Also, do you feel like I had a particularly adverse reaction to you?

You said you did not think that I thought about my suggestion, And I responded with a post to trying to state that I did think about my suggestion.

If anything, I was hopping that would make you more likely to engage with my suggestions, then if you were left to believe that my suggestions are made without thought behind them.
I did. I felt your decision was impulsive and the last time we talked I didn't have a true grasp of why you wanted the pairings you did. Or why you wanted to jump in. My understanding is that you're mostly using the minigames as a way of sorting who you like and don't like, and that you'd prefer to be with people that you do? Like in the sense of 'i townread them'.
And that is because I was told not to explain everything too much in advance :dead:

I thought through it, and placed people based on which combinations I thought would either give us the most information from the mafia swam or from the IC choice, and leave each minigame most likely to be won by town.

I was quite honestly surprised when it ended up with the three of us together, because I definitely did not go into sorting with that in mind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:07 pm

In post 728, Anastasia wrote:ok but why wouldn't the scum want to put you three in different locations?
In case they want to set up a win that relies on fooling someone who has different reads from you?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 729, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 700, unwnd wrote:Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that is what you felt most strongly about

You said you did not think that I thought about my suggestion, And I responded with a post to trying to state that I did think about my suggestion.

If anything, I was hopping that would make you more likely to engage with my suggestions, then if you were left to believe that my suggestions are made without thought behind them.
I did. I felt your decision was impulsive and the last time we talked I didn't have a true grasp of why you wanted the pairings you did. Or why you wanted to jump in. My understanding is that you're mostly using the minigames as a way of sorting who you like and don't like, and that you'd prefer to be with people that you do? Like in the sense of 'i townread them'.
And that is because I was told not to explain everything too much in advance :dead:

I thought through it, and placed people based on which combinations I thought would either give us the most information from the mafia swam or from the IC choice, and leave each minigame most likely to be won by town.

I was quite honestly surprised when it ended up with the three of us together, because I definitely did not go into sorting with that in mind.
I am of the same opinion of absin that I would very much dread a 3-way there
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 730, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 728, Anastasia wrote:ok but why wouldn't the scum want to put you three in different locations?
In case they want to set up a win that relies on fooling someone who has different reads from you?
I'm not sure who else they would be trying to trick as nobody else has expressed a solve?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 728, Anastasia wrote:
In post 727, Something_Smart wrote:If me, Infinity, and unwnd don't all end up at different locations post-swap, then we are 100% ruled out as a team. So if scum don't ensure that we do all end up at different locations, you got your wish at eliminating that team, without having to strongarm the locations. And if scum do ensure that we all end up at different locations, it means they couldn't use their swap to do whatever else they wanted to do.

ok but why wouldn't the scum want to put you three in different locations?

I mean, the mafia likely does not get full choice on the swap. They will likely have to move from the game with 2 mafia -> the game with 0 mafia. So who knows if they will even be able to use thier swap to keep you in the dark if that is a viable team. And even if they CAN do that, then it would give them a new goal with the swap (on top of the 1 mafia in every game rule, and trying to choose who they want as an IC), which could make it harder for them to do an optimal swap.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 731, unwnd wrote:
In post 729, Lukewarm wrote:

I am of the same opinion of absin that I would very much dread a 3-way there
I mean, I have already said that my opinion on that combination has already changed, so you don't need to convince me.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 674, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 235, catboi wrote: really I just don't want to be in the same location as you, no hard feelings I swear~ (jkjk)
In post 614, absinthe wrote:
In post 612, Lukewarm wrote:Wall: Me, Unwnd, Absinthe (aye, a repeat of our last game together )
We're not doing this if I have anything to say about it.

I am become pariah
In post 731, unwnd wrote: I am of the same opinion of absin that I would very much dread a 3-way there
That was supposed to be a joke, but maybe I
am
become pariah
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

So.

What I said about 'there has to be scum in Briar/Absin/Ana' didn't really get as much attention as I'd thought. Sure Absin talked about it with me but that's because she's apart of it. It's just more likely you respond to someone calling your name out regardless of alignment. I finally got a decent nap in so I just want to say I feel a bit more prepared. I'm not willing to call all 3 town but do I agree with the majority on Ana. The initial interaction with her was my own impetus. I don't really think Ana comes in ready to die as scum and hopes the gambit just works out. She basically would have to assume Absin/Briar would feel bad for her and tinfoil the other. I also think everyone's response to her claims makes me believe she doesn't really have partners to go along with the "Plan" either. I don't really know where she sees me/s_s/infinity and my biggest guess would be that she thinks S_S is frustrated that Briar/Absin/Ana all happened to find each other as town. Placing those 3 in 'have to have scum together' was more of a comfort to me as I didn't want to believe S_S/Infinity/Lukewarm/Catboi/Dunn comprised a whole scumteam. Mind you there's more than 3 there. I still don't really feel that way, even if the person I suspect the most out of there is catboi.
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 732, Anastasia wrote:I'm not sure who else they would be trying to trick as nobody else has expressed a solve?
Well ultimately they need to trick whoever has the voting power. So if they're trying to win Gate, you can say all you want from Keep, but it's the IC who makes the final call.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think right now where I am with Briar/Absin/Ana just to tie up loose ends is that it resolves itself. Whether it be mechanically or some any other way. I would however like to still caution Ana despite her own read on me is that what she thinks is going to happen? Is probably isn't what is going to happen. And that's what S_S is trying to say too.
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 736, unwnd wrote:So.

What I said about 'there has to be scum in Briar/Absin/Ana' didn't really get as much attention as I'd thought. Sure Absin talked about it with me but that's because she's apart of it. It's just more likely you respond to someone calling your name out regardless of alignment. I finally got a decent nap in so I just want to say I feel a bit more prepared. I'm not willing to call all 3 town but do I agree with the majority on Ana. The initial interaction with her was my own impetus. I don't really think Ana comes in ready to die as scum and hopes the gambit just works out. She basically would have to assume Absin/Briar would feel bad for her and tinfoil the other. I also think everyone's response to her claims makes me believe she doesn't really have partners to go along with the "Plan" either. I don't really know where she sees me/s_s/infinity and my biggest guess would be that she thinks S_S is frustrated that Briar/Absin/Ana all happened to find each other as town. Placing those 3 in 'have to have scum together' was more of a comfort to me as I didn't want to believe S_S/Infinity/Lukewarm/Catboi/Dunn comprised a whole scumteam. Mind you there's more than 3 there. I still don't really feel that way, even if the person I suspect the most out of there is catboi.
If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by unwnd »

That sounds to me like you don't think Briar/Ana are both town
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 739, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 736, unwnd wrote:So.

If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
Why?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 739, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
I'd treat this as a scumclaim
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 740, unwnd wrote:That sounds to me like you don't think Briar/Ana are both town
No... I'm not scum
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 742, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 739, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
I'd treat this as a scumclaim
Go on
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by absinthe »

Am I misunderstanding what constitutes a swap?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

You've been sitting null for me though so I don't get the interjection then
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by absinthe »

Am I misunderstanding what constitutes a swap?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 pm

You would scumclaim and force the optimal move onto town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:32 pm

In post 747, absinthe wrote:Am I misunderstanding what constitutes a swap?
Doubtful? The swap exchanges the locations of two players, such that there's exactly one scum at each location afterward. Are you having trouble following my post?

Return to “Completed Open Games”