Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Iverson »

I took your word for it that the temerity of starting out with bravado/Cobra Kai with me into something a bit more mouselike when I really started pressing him was town but maybe the boi was scared scum
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Iverson »

either way we don't vote him today we go dc/mom into the other and wind up in a 4 way with me/cakeman/notscience/? and have a clown fiesta imo
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Kismet »

i still believe that, and honestly the motivation for going to ground today of all days seems ??? when basically he just has to have a pulse to not get voted today

vs him being busy which is probably just what this is

in tenet he acted much the same way, especially after the early game wind left his sails.
playing alt of borkjerfkin
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Iverson »

I'm not scumreading his lack of activity, this is more of a PoE+too low of standards thing where I really let that godawful early d2 slide and maybe I shouldn't have
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Iverson »

I am fucking starving ok I will pause the hour timer, get food, and restart it when I get back
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Kismet »

yeah, that was more in response to cakez' earlier objections. "PoE+too low of standards" is a good way of putting why i think he's worth examining for some values of 3v1
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah that's definitely fair re:notsci.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

Spoiler:
In post 2276, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1817, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1294, skitter30 wrote:Honestly i think he's just busy irl, see the recent panic room when je was scum but couldnt play due to busy-ness - when he *was* around, he actually efforted and tried to make himself look townie and solving

Here he just doesnt care. I think for him, in that context, this is townie
[Redacted] supports that as well

~

And: :) ~on the road to hell~
In post 1302, skitter30 wrote:I think if he's busy he isnt going to be putting much effort in, but as scum he will *try to look like he is*, and that he'll be political to try to get the players he thinks he needs to tr him to tr him (i.e. often me)

He isnt doing that here, so i think its townie

But fair enuf if you dont want to metadive, fark, or if you want more from him before you tr him, pooky

But i see him starting to collect votes and i just wanted to say that i'm not a fan particularly

I do think lucy is an alt and i also think i know who she is
In post 2283, skitter30 wrote:mena doesn't really have any content so what am i supposed to interact with really?
easiest way to go about it is just say that he feels weird and see how he responds and go from there

scum-him also is gonna try to buddy me hard, especially if he isn't really planning on playing this, but *he didn't* in that interaction, and he's being very, very, very open and blase about the fact that he's not playing - scum him would be more defensive about it, and would be trying to look more like he's trying
he's not tho, so even tho he didn't really give any more content or anything in that short interaction, i thought it was townie for him, because he didn't hit any of the points that i'd expect from scum-him there

basically this normal as the towngame, and the recently completed panic room that notsci modded as the scumgame.
in panic room he repped in late and basically tried pocketing me and tried to get me to like his slot and basically made his whole game about appeasing me (take a look at his iso if you don't believe me, viewtopic.php?f=51&t=85778&user_select[]=32813, it's basically entirely talking to me and about me and in some places even though the logical conclusions of what he was spouting would make me scum, he wouldn't even call me scum).
i called him out on it and flipped him (and infinity was there too!)

and in the towngame, he was not tryharding, he was popping in and yolo-ing whenever he felt convenient, even if it made him look bad. it was a tough pl and people kept trying to flip him because he was one of the easier misflips, and i kept being stubborn about explaining that that isn't how he's playing scum these days and managed to stave off the misflip. he would be trying to be more ~political~ (i.e. have reads that would actually make people townread him, and not just say whatever he's thinking), and would also be sucking up to me more (sorry mena for being so blunt).
and i was right in that analysis, and he was town there (and infinity you were in that one too iirc!)

and here he's a lot more like the latter than the former. he isn't having reads that would particularly get on anybody's good side (like, literally does not need to pick a massive fight about nm repeatedly on day1, setting himself up as contrary to general thread opinion). he isn't being super try-hard-y for him. he isn't trying to get me to townread him in particular. he isn't trying to pocket me - the way he's playing this game isn't orienting around me, which si what i would expect to happen if he were scum. in panic room, he basically kept trying to appeal to me, as my vote is ultimately what was going to decide how that day played out. i have a certain amount of sway here too, and he isn't trying to tap into that. he isn't particularly going out of his way to interact with me. i don't think this is what current-era-mena's scumgame looks like. it looks a lot more like the normal imo.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

sorry i managed to screw up the quotes like six times >.>
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 3178, Iverson wrote:
In post 3111, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 3104, Iverson wrote:Is there some silver bullet I am missing for why DC is town? In about ~12 minutes I am taking off for the day which means my vote will stay.
i don't think he approaches nm the way he does as scum; i don't think he comes into this game deciding to bus him. he was very, very, very resolutely for that push and refused multiple entreaties to divert the wagon off of nm.
I don't get the first part given that this setup incentivizes being aggressive against partners and it looks like he had prior experience to live up to/stay consistent with.

I don't know which wagon you're referring to here but Day 2 I did not see it as TvS and DC was basically a nonentity yesterday, at least from whenever I replaced in.
In post 3111, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
i also think that he isn't playing around me the way he would as scum - i.e. he isn't making all of his play *abt me*; he is very, very, very willing to be contrary to me and do whatever he likes no matter what i might think abt it.
i think scum-him basically tries to pocket me and tries to get on my good side and that usually manifests by making his reads match mine and trying to push my agenda. that isn't happenign here. he actually doesn't particularly care what i'm doing and isn't trying to match his play to mine. i think this is very +town for him
His positioning around you earlygame I felt was performatively contrarian precisely in the hopes of this, and 2181 he made a significant effort towards either getting on the same page or believing you were scum if he couldn't. Letting you have free rein for the sake of a pocket also doesn't work in this setup anyway.
- i dont' think he goes out of his way to make his main push of the game a partner (like he entered the game trying to get nm flipped) in this setup
- the wagon i'm talking abt is the first time bulge was a cw to nm, and he kept trying to shoot it down. posts like and around there stuck out as being very memorable to me and real in the moment, about how vehemently he wanted nm and didn't want us getting distracted from him. are you positing that he basically came into the game trying to flip partner-nm and that's what he's spent the whole game doing?
- to be blunt, i don't think scum-mena tries to take a contrarian read on me here for teh sake of being contrary (sorry mena). i'm also not sure where you think he's being performative
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 3184, Iverson wrote:If you actually want me to go on an egoistic spiel about how it's totally not out of range I can but that summarizes it and we can skip it wow amazing ok go us
even though i hate to say it i think posts like these probably come from town
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 3191, Iverson wrote:I can honestly go for either but I actively scumread DC

Momrangal I am literally just assuming she is scum because everyone else has been extremely town meanwhile Momrangal has not posted for essentially two full gamedays (I think they had like, 3 posts of commentary yesterday) and did not have anything in the first 25 pages that I found memorable
i support this service and/or product
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Kismet »

mena looks so floppy in general in that game
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

the normal? yeah that was part of it. i think that the characteristics that enabled me to identify town-him there are similar to how he's playing here tho
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Kismet »

i mean in panic room, he just looks really lost and effete
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ydrasse I'm going to sleep we can talk tomorrow
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

uh not really?
or at least that wasn't what he felt like upon playign with him?
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

not really sure how you're getting 'lost' and 'effete' out of that
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

Spoiler:
In post 1473, Menalque wrote:
In post 1465, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Unfortunately we think ur slot has super high scum equity
Hi skitt!!

Can u tell me y tho
In post 1566, Menalque wrote:Do u feel v tunnelled on me skitt?
In post 1569, Menalque wrote:Okay that’s fine

Was asking mostly bc if I get to a point where I’m like happy happy with the idea of town!you then I was considering saying that if we just settle it as me being the guaranteed lim today would u spend the rest of the day trying to sort in my wagon from yesterday w/ me

If it’s not like a super túnel then I guess I’ll just do the catchup thing normally and hopefully u see I’m town

Or maybe I just never get really comfortable with town you in which case I guess the game becomes more tryhardy
In post 1571, Menalque wrote:
In post 1568, Dumb and Dumber wrote:like i can unvote in good faith to let u get acclimated but your slot is my best bet rn

~ skitteR
No like it’s fine

I think if ur town then it makes a lot of sense to want to elim some order of (me, yotta, DnD, GC)

I just wanna get to a point of higher confidence on that
In post 1806, Menalque wrote:I think probably if you just flip just flip me -> yyotta/GC -> GC/yyotta -> skitter!hydra this wins
In post 1807, Menalque wrote:Idk, maybe not skitter!hydra but one of the DnDs
In post 1840, Menalque wrote:
In post 1835, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1824, Menalque wrote:My thinking is that if my wagon is pure then hardbussing becomes more likely, and so if DnD is still alive by that point their scum equity goes ++
i'm still having some issues with your thought process from daystart yesterday, where you said we were bussing mc day1 to get cred to bus the bomb day2 .... when i was pushing *you*

so like from your pov i was clearly and obviously not pushing the bomb but you were positing that that's what i had to have been doing?

~ skitter
I feel like I already explained this? which is that if u were not inducted yet into the hood then u couldn't safely start hard bussing the bomb at start of day, and therefore I was a safe option?

bc either u would get a free elim OR you could always pivot to a bomb!bus once the day had progressed and once u were in the hood. but u wouldn't wanna get locked into bussing the bomb from the start of day and then have to pivot off weirdly halfway through if you still weren't hooded by then

like especially posts like 1569 ^ (which was addressed to me)
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Kismet »

just is devoting a lot of effort into being nice and doesn't seem like he knows who to push (i don't think there's a single vote thrown down in that ISO)
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Kismet »

point was it doesn't feel like this game where he got pissy with me very quickly
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

eh if that's what you mean, ya basically. but that's kinda my point. that's not what he's doing here.
pedit i don't think he would as scum
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Kismet »

yeah sorry if i'm not making my conclusions very clear - i am inclined to agree w/ your assessment
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

ah ok, the tone was kinda confusing
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Kismet »

ok. consider me sheeping you atm. i'll wait for infinity and ydrasse to do whatever.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”