Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 159, marcistar wrote:
In post 147, Vanderscamp wrote:I also think n_m is the scummiest person in the small pool so far for a pretty similar reason, I'm pretty sure he's posted more times so far this game than in the entire game we just played together, and if I thought he was tabled from contention today I would be very far from kind of glad about it.
In post 150, Vanderscamp wrote:I have lukewarm leaning scum and Norwegian leaning town.
do u have any fresh takes :?
No, I think this game has been fairly boring so far
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 160, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 147, Vanderscamp wrote: I really dislike the last line (and not just because I dislike the notion of refusing to vote into the 3p pool)

I also think n_m is the scummiest person in the small pool so far for a pretty similar reason, I'm pretty sure he's posted more times so far this game than in the entire game we just played together, and if I thought he was tabled from contention today I would be very far from kind of glad about it.
can you be explicit/clarify for me your thought process here:

are you saying that you think Lukewarm is scum with N_M, and is cheekily using the "vote in the 6pool" logic to distance from his buddy while claiming he's glad he doesn't actually have to vote there? Do you really think that's a likely comment to come from scum!Lukewarm paired with scum!N_M - I think scum are usually pretty self-conscious about talking about their buddy, I generally don't think they're likely to say "I'm glad I don't have to vote there today". If he's going to distance from his buddy, why would he not take a more strong stance? what scum agenda did his post actually serve here?

I find the alternate explanation - that town!Lukewarm feels N_M is a hard slot to effectively sort and is somewhat relieved he doesn't have to correctly evaluate him today - to be a lot more natural and likely. It kinda feels to me like you found a convenient reason to shade Lukewarm ("he says he's 'kind of glad' he might not vote his scumread, that doesn't sound like a townie thing to say!!") rather than you're actually thinking about how and whether his posts indicate his alignment. Not to mention the odds of a NM/Lukewarm team are generally low in a vacuum, so tying them together in this way is always going to be specious reasoning.
My scum read on lukewarm isn't dependent on n_m's alignment, I read it as scummy regardless of whether or not n_m is scum.
I think if anything it's less likely that they are together from what lukewarm said, because I agree it would be fairly obvious, but I don't feel as strongly about the associative reads from that.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 161, GuiltyLion wrote:as an addendum to the above, I could vibe with your sentiment more if you are saying the comment from Lukewarm is scummy in the town!N_M world. But given that you're voting NM and claimed him as your strongest scumread, I don't see how that comment from Lukewarm pings you as partner-y. I would think it's better evidence for potential T-S alignment than shared S-S alignment.
Me independently reading n_m as scummy won't make me change my reads on other players in the thread because of that, it's very possible I'm wrong on n_m.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 163, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 61, GuiltyLion wrote:oh lmao you're right, I read that the setup was Mountainous and assumed that meant no NKs for some reason

fully disregard that point then
@N_M do you think this is a staged towntell or genuine?
I know you're not asking me but I think this is fairly likely to be genuine, but also possible to be coming from a scum who genuinely didn't realize this.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 193, marcistar wrote:
In post 191, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Marcistar
This feels the most likely to be scum cumulatively when looking at both worlds.
i agree :oops: :good: :good:

explain please.. what makes me most likely :cry:
Why do you agree?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 200, marcistar wrote:
In post 198, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh and "not really townie" is a fancy shorthand way of saying that literally nothing you’ve said is something i think you couldn’t say as scum.
oh smhsmh u shouldve just said that.
lmk if u want me to vote myself :D

tbh im just waiting for juicier gossip
VOTE: marcistar

This is very awkward
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 212, Bingle wrote:
In post 207, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m extremely bad at reading Dunnstral. If you can explain how he thinks and plays as scum, and why he wouldn’t be bold like that, feel free to enlighten me.
Dunn likes to low effort as both alignments ime. Calling out a partner as sus while voting one of the other people in the pool is something that is going to inevitably look bad and without the context of the last game it isn't a safe assumption we'll solve in the 6p first.

Is Dunn capable of being bold like that? Sure. Would Dunn actually draw late game attention to himself for a throwaway RVS vote? I don't think so, when he very much prefers to take the back seat and passively manipulate the thread.
I don't like or understand this.

Why do you think Dunn is being bold?
Because I don't think a throwaway RVS vote is being bold in any way, and I haven't seen anything from him that contradicts him taking the back seat and passively manipulating.

Additionally, he wasn't directly calling n_m sus, he was just speculating on why he was in the pool. It might have been indirect but even if it was, it's not like a super bold statement to make.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 213, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 190, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Vanderscamp's ISO doesn't lend itself well to being allied with N_M imo. Ping me if you disagree.
I disagree with this, I called out in some weird reasoning he's using to scumread both Lukewarm and N_M, and I suspect it may be that scum!Vanderscamp with scum!N_M trying to paint a false associative between town!Lukewarm and his buddy.

p-edit: @nEE I don't really see why he couldn't post that as scum, even if he knew it was true already. It could be a question to make him look uninformed, and it's also entirely possible N_M didn't mention you at all in pregame scum chat.
Probably clarified this already but my reasoning for scumreading lukewarm and n_m are not the same.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 213, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 190, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Vanderscamp's ISO doesn't lend itself well to being allied with N_M imo. Ping me if you disagree.
I disagree with this, I called out in some weird reasoning he's using to scumread both Lukewarm and N_M, and I suspect it may be that scum!Vanderscamp with scum!N_M trying to paint a false associative between town!Lukewarm and his buddy.

p-edit: @nEE I don't really see why he couldn't post that as scum, even if he knew it was true already. It could be a question to make him look uninformed, and it's also entirely possible N_M didn't mention you at all in pregame scum chat.
In post 219, Bingle wrote:In general, it means "This post is something I find noteworthy in a way I'm not entirely sure I want to share yet but would like other people to pay attention to." but thinking about this further I don't actually see a drawback to bringing this up.

Your argument for N_M not being partnered with Scamp applies equally well to yourself, but you phrased it in a way to avoid that entirely which leaves me inclined to think you might yourself be aligned with scamp and looking to passively clear him.
I don't like this either since it's pretty easily explained by nor being town and not thinking about the perspective about me being scum with him.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 223, Dunnstral wrote:The reason I say that is because if we correctly eliminate in the 3 person pool today, the next 2 nightkills are going to be the other 2 in that pool

If we eliminate in the 6p pool today, and start from the 3p pool tomorrow, I think we have better odds, including if they take the 3p pool down to 2
The important thing is that if we lynch correctly into the 3p pool, we have an extra kill we can use and about a 56% chance of winning from there.
If we miskill into the big pool first and then start aiming for the small pool first we get three shots into essentially a pool of three and a pool of what will be either three or four, but needing to find two scum, which is definitely not better.
I can math it out, but hopefully it's clear?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I think bingle is now more scummy than n_m for the stuff I quoted.
I like a lot what Norwegian is saying.

I also think nor_GL is a scum team that absolutely does not exist because of what nor is saying about GL, I don't think nor would be calling GL confirmed town from what GL said if they were scum together.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

do you think marcistar is scummier than bingle?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 229, Vanderscamp wrote:

Why do you agree?
am i meant to explain why im most likely scum..? bro idk how to do that :roll:
i guess... just because i am... is that a fine answer? :oops:
In post 224, Vanderscamp wrote:I don't mind killing into the big pool first if the scummiest person in the game is there but I will advocate very strongly for not avoiding killing into the small pool today just because it is the small pool.
So i'm the scummiest person here? aww damn hurts hard bro :cry:
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 236, GuiltyLion wrote:do you think marcistar is scummier than bingle?
Probably, fairly close
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 237, marcistar wrote:

Why do you agree?
am i meant to explain why im most likely scum..? bro idk how to do that :roll:
i guess... just because i am... is that a fine answer? :oops:
In post 224, Vanderscamp wrote:I don't mind killing into the big pool first if the scummiest person in the game is there but I will advocate very strongly for not avoiding killing into the small pool today just because it is the small pool.
So i'm the scummiest person here? aww damn hurts hard bro :cry:
I'd like a little more detail about why you think that's the case.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Marci the people in this lobby seem to take everything people say seriously. Not allowed to joke about being scummy in here :good: :good:

Spoiler:
Or they will elim you
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Why do you agree?
wait, I missed this first go around, did you actually take as a serious comment? Like are you saying you genuinely believe marcistar 'agrees' she's the most likely to be scum, moment before asking Norwee what he meant?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 240, Lukewarm wrote:Marci the people in this lobby seem to take everything people say seriously. Not allowed to joke about being scummy in here :good: :good:

Spoiler:
Or they will elim you
nah i dont mind being sused, where i usually play im always sus no matter what i do so i just vibe with it :cool:
In post 239, Vanderscamp wrote:I'd like a little more detail about why you think that's the case.
Yes, I'll answer :D I'm scum because i've been joking around and not pushing for anything in particular. There's nothing really worthwhile for me to push, so me not really making any pushes at all is really sus. As well, one of the people who've seen my game as scum is saying i'm sus, so I am, since other people can pick up on my personality as scum way better than I can. I've been told before from where I play offsite that as scum, i'm very inactive and usually just think of short term, so that'll probably show up as well :wink:
In post 241, GuiltyLion wrote:wait, I missed this first go around, did you actually take as a serious comment? Like are you saying you genuinely believe marcistar 'agrees' she's the most likely to be scum, moment before asking Norwee what he meant?
tbh he seems serious, so i just looked at myself from a tiny bit of a different pov i guess.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 241, GuiltyLion wrote:

Why do you agree?
wait, I missed this first go around, did you actually take as a serious comment? Like are you saying you genuinely believe marcistar 'agrees' she's the most likely to be scum, moment before asking Norwee what he meant?
I wasn't sure, the answer I got makes me think it was more likely serious but still not sure.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 242, marcistar wrote:
In post 240, Lukewarm wrote:Marci the people in this lobby seem to take everything people say seriously. Not allowed to joke about being scummy in here :good: :good:

Spoiler:
Or they will elim you
nah i dont mind being sused, where i usually play im always sus no matter what i do so i just vibe with it :cool:
In post 239, Vanderscamp wrote:I'd like a little more detail about why you think that's the case.
Yes, I'll answer :D I'm scum because i've been joking around and not pushing for anything in particular. There's nothing really worthwhile for me to push, so me not really making any pushes at all is really sus. As well, one of the people who've seen my game as scum is saying i'm sus, so I am, since other people can pick up on my personality as scum way better than I can. I've been told before from where I play offsite that as scum, i'm very inactive and usually just think of short term, so that'll probably show up as well :wink:
In post 241, GuiltyLion wrote:wait, I missed this first go around, did you actually take as a serious comment? Like are you saying you genuinely believe marcistar 'agrees' she's the most likely to be scum, moment before asking Norwee what he meant?
tbh he seems serious, so i just looked at myself from a tiny bit of a different pov i guess.
I'm guessing this is partially serious and partially a joke?

I'd be pretty interested to know how you would read yourself in this spot.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Norwee has voted Marci - what do Bingle and Not_Mafia think about that potential wagon?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There is a lot to comment on Marcistar, to say it’s not seems to me like you’re just making excuses.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Spoiler:
Or they will elim you
I just think it’s an fairly unserious reply to my scumread, like they’re trying to laugh it off or make it seem like it’s not a big deal. I don’t think their response has been townie but just really Lamist. "Haha yes i’m so scummy! Not scum though!"
Which is something i know scum!Marcistar is likely to do from what i’ve seen in the newbie.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have thoughts on Marci, but would like to get Bingle's and Not_Mafia's thoughts in the chat before I share :oops:
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I think Marci's response has been pretty awkward, regardless of whether or not it was a joke.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”