Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5678 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

FL had me pocketed d1 ngl. By d2 i was force replaced but i suspected him there at least
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5680 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5679, Ramcius wrote:I dunno if people realised, but it was Pine's miselim that won us the game. With Norwee flip there, it would've been me + pine vs FL + TSQ showdown and considering how hard people were refusing accept truth of me and Pine being town and FL and TSQ having red rcs outcome was pretty obvious

Also, TSQ, feel free to add me to your blacklist.

I could go on telling how more than half of the playerlist was terrible, but I'm too lazy for that and doubt it would change anything anyway
yup this was what made me realize
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5681 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

TSQ was prob the most obvscum tho lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5689 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5688, MathBlade wrote:This game was a thing.

Took forever to convince Nancy FL was scum.

FL did a really good job though :)

Gg wp
sorry i planted the seed that he might be town :(
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5717 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

idk if its my autism and i cant detect it but can someone point out where FL was toxic this game? I followed along vaguely post ban and didn't see it
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5718 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

like his iso is 1.2k post dunno if i wanna dive into it
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5733 (isolation #6) » Thu May 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i don't think anyone with like reasonable mafia experience sees FL's situation and thinks that at that point there's any way out of it, when you have 2 votes on you in 4 way as scum with a good case on you, it's a courtesy at that point to just self vote and let the game resolve faster. It wasn't playing against the wincon. it had the same result as if FL stopped trying ad stopped posting in thread.

this game was objectively a loss for FL as soon as that case was posted on him and 2 votes were on him.

I say this as someone who had some experience moderating chat mafia games on Epicmafia for gamethrow where we needed to discern intent to throw - self voting to accelerate the game was not gamethrow if you gave an honest try to push a win. I think with >1k posts its pretty blatant that FL played their heart out for their win condition - to say they did not and slap a ban on it was egregious. You could have just as easily just slapped the ban on for toxicity and not the self vote - Don't set a bad precedent.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5741 (isolation #7) » Thu May 13, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5738, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 5733, DkKoba wrote:i don't think anyone with like reasonable mafia experience sees FL's situation and thinks that at that point there's any way out of it, when you have 2 votes on you in 4 way as scum with a good case on you, it's a courtesy at that point to just self vote and let the game resolve faster. It wasn't playing against the wincon. it had the same result as if FL stopped trying ad stopped posting in thread.

this game was objectively a loss for FL as soon as that case was posted on him and 2 votes were on him.

I say this as someone who had some experience moderating chat mafia games on Epicmafia for gamethrow where we needed to discern intent to throw - self voting to accelerate the game was not gamethrow if you gave an honest try to push a win. I think with >1k posts its pretty blatant that FL played their heart out for their win condition - to say they did not and slap a ban on it was egregious. You could have just as easily just slapped the ban on for toxicity and not the self vote - Don't set a bad precedent.
you do realize that if we don't slap self voting like that, a player who is mostly caught can go "i would have self hammered as scum here already" and have meta for it?

that's effectively a trust tell. we don't allow those. the truth is there is never a good reason to self hammer as the final scum on your team. never. 0 reason.
do you think FL had a reasonable chance to win at the point in time where he self voted.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5742 (isolation #8) » Thu May 13, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

like lets be generous: at least 1% chance.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5754 (isolation #9) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5749, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 5748, Flavor Leaf wrote:I understand why some people think I had a chance, but it's like playing Go or Chess. The longer it takes for someone to realize that the game is over, the newer the player, and thus it's polite to resign when the game is seen to be over.

As Pooky said, and shown by the end of it, I was burnt out from Mafia, the last 3 months I was playing was for the first time just not fun anymore, and exhausted, so it was essentially, I'm completely out of energy, I put so much effort into this game, and I got KO'd.

My health bar got depleted. Like, they won. They beat me. The game was over.
Except Mafia isn't go or chess and it's not a zero sum game and it's not a game where you play by yourself.

It's a team game. Concession in chess and go and other zero sum strategy games is done because you can see that the movesets are closed off. That isn't the case with human psychology.

The truth is, I've convinced a group of 4 people ON THIS WEBSITE who SHOULD HAVE CONFIRMED THROUGH MOD INFORMATION ALL KNOWN that I was CONFIRMED SCUM that I was instead CONFIRMED TOWN by a narrative I had created by predicting this outcome and won that game off that lie.

A 0% to win game, turned into a win by sheer force of will.

Mafia is not a game where players can just say "well I concede" and be right.

And I find it incredibly offensive that you say shit like you did here, talking down to us. You're not better than most people here. You're certainly not better than me. Or did you not learn your lesson in Tenet where you pulled this shit and it probably was the main cause for town losing that game.

If you keep on this path, you're never going to improve. Part of being able to improve is recognizing your limits and knowing where your weaknesses are.

Mafia is not a game where anything is lost. If you fight to the end and you didn't make the right moves or say the right words, so be it, it happens.

I mean a great example of this is Wall street bets. A game where I was close to 0% to win and came within... I dunno, a single early game choice of who had the money of winning. I took an unwinnable game and got to final four with 2 votes believing I was town. All I needed was for the vig not to be bought by one of the people who didn't think that way. It was a shame and I just didn't get it right. I can learn from that.

But I could have given up when I realized they were buying it, but I had outs in which I could convince them to shoot someone else. Learning to try for those outs and playing to them is a sign of an experienced player, not a new one.
then town were playing against their win condition if you were indeed mechanically guilty from their PoV
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5755 (isolation #10) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

relying on town literally gamethrowing is not the take you think it is wrt conceding a clearly lost position.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5756 (isolation #11) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

"aha i hope magnus carlsen blunders this guaranteed mate in 2"
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5758 (isolation #12) » Thu May 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5757, Dannflor wrote:the average mafia rating on here would be like 800

not magnus carlsen
the point of the analogy that there was an extremely low chance of town messing up that gamestate because the case was set in motion based on evidence that cannot be taken back
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5769 (isolation #13) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5767, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Of all the things that are problematic with this game, FL self-hammering after getting 2 votes on him is the issue mods have a problem with?
yeah its a complete farce lmao.
retired

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”