UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:13 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 11, ItalianoVD wrote: 1. What’s your mafia experience?
2. Do you like playing as town better? Or mafia better?
3. Is it hard for you to lie? Or can you do it with no problem? Both in real life and in mafia?
1. I have centuries of experience playing this game and its variations.
2. Mafia is much better.
3. Trust me, I hate lying.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:03 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 47, InsidiousLemons wrote: VOTE: Italiano for preempting delibird. and i don't like the "if we're the same alignment" in -- why not just say "if you're town"?

@owen i actually don't mind the boxxy vote -- in the absence of anything else to really comment on, it's a decent way to gauge a reaction, if nothing else. even if i had been
of sound mind
, i probably wouldn't have thought too much of it. it doesn't feel like a particularly opportunistic play to me. bloodhail's sheep of it, on the other hand, moreso.
My question was more why you didn't provide the reaction and just ignored it, but you've explained that anyway.
Opportunistic sheeping sounds more worthy of a vote than the points you made about Italiano. What is the scum perspective for either of them?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:33 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 67, InsidiousLemons wrote: that's your opinion. for my money, italiano is the better vote here. don't misunderstand me, bloodhail still gets the ol' FoS from me.

re: scum motivation: preempting cbd's response could be motivated either by defending scumpartner!cdb or attempting to buddy town!cdb. as i explained above, i don't think there's ever a good reason for town to defend another player who hasn't yet responded to the accusations against them. the scum motivation for saying "if we're the same alignment" is to try and appear to have as little information about the game as possible, i.e., to appear town. but scumpartners lemons and italiano would
know
they were the same alignment, so there's no need to say it this way. it's performative ignorance. no matter how you slice it, italiano's phrasing reads like a conscious attempt to appear town -- and town, generally speaking, doesn't need to concern themselves with appearances.
First point is reasonable. The second is confusing. It looks like you're suggesting Italiano might've been trying to pretend tonot know his own alignment, which surely isn't what you mean. What is the distinction between "if we're the same alignment" and "if you're town", couldn't they both be seen as examples of performative ignorance?

I like the conviction in your explanation though so suspect this is something that's being lost in translation from your brain to mine.
In post 68, InsidiousLemons wrote: is a good post. i want to hear more from you.
Was going to say this is a good post, but the last person to say this was scum so maybe not. :P
Typically my contributions get more involved as the day progresses.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:38 am

Post by UNOwen »

UNVOTE: InsidiousLemons
VOTE: Anya
Lemons makes a good point about Anya's change of tack. doesn't look like it was intended as a troll vote.

@T3 - Can you describe the difference in play you're feeling?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #5) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:38 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 72, InsidiousLemons wrote: i've now typed a whole lot of words about what is ultimately, imo, a minor point. but although i wouldn't have blathered on quite this much unprompted, i do think it's worth remembering -- the most minor differences in phrasing can sometimes be the most telling.
I see what you're saying now. Not sure I agree that a town player wouldn't see the phrases as interchangeable but Italiano's response suggests your interpretation is right. Pretty sure I've encountered town players who came across as self-conscious in this way before though, so I'm cautious to read too much into it.

@Italiano - what are your thoughts on Lemons?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:40 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 82, Anya wrote: it was a random vote to produce literature in this barren excuse of a library
The initial vote was random I'm sure, it's the reason you gave for maintaining the vote which looks like it was shifting to non-random.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:42 am

Post by UNOwen »

Yo T3, answer my question please?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Sun May 16, 2021 8:23 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 102, T3 wrote: Hard to explain. Mostly just the way their phrasing reads with me.
What about boxxy?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #9) » Sun May 16, 2021 8:32 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 106, ItalianoVD wrote: What do you mean by the bolded? Could you elaborate?
Lemons thinks that the only reason you would say "if we're the same alignment" instead of "if you're town" is because the latter looks performative and so you're trying to avoid looking scummy. I'm saying that I don't think that's true in general, town could use either phrase without being worried about which looks more performative. That you brought up yourself that only scum need to highlight their townieness in response suggests that this was on your mind though, and that you
were
deliberately trying to not look like you were trying to look town.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:10 am

Post by UNOwen »

I don't think policy executions are something that should be considered until the day is ready to end. N_M trolling is exactly what he did in my last game. Over the course of day 1 he eventually contributed enough relevant content to get a read, but I don't expect it to be possible to pressure him into doing so early.

Anya was also in that game so she should know this. Despite that her vote is currently sitting on the player least likely to provide meaningful content in response even though she claimed to want to provoke discussion, which is a major red flag.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #11) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:22 am

Post by UNOwen »

Re Lemons: Effort =/= town. You can get scum who are willing to put in a lot of effort, and you can get town who are lazy. I do think Lemons is town though, not because they have long posts but because the almost rambling way they pushed their argument against Italiano is unlikely to come from scum. I buy that they sincerely thought their points were strong and would be convincing if explained properly. It's doubtful that would be easily faked, and I doubt even more that they'd expend energy trying to at the start of the game.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:26 am

Post by UNOwen »

Italiano why are you voting boxxy?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:15 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 175, Anya wrote: votes aren't only useful for reactions from the person being voted they're also useful for reactions from everyone else too onwen
:/
- Fair counter, what useful reactions did your vote provoke and what did you think of them then?
- Are you an alt?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #14) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:23 am

Post by UNOwen »

CDB is a solid null read for me. His posts are reasonable but there's been nothing so far that I think he wouldn't be capable of posting as scum.

Not a fan of boxxy's posts this page.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #15) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:40 am

Post by UNOwen »

@boxxy:
In post 183, boxxy wrote: CDB do you honestly still think Italiano is scum? On what basis?
This felt overly hostile as a question. The inclusion of the word "honestly" is accusatory and suggests that CDB is potentially holding a dishonest scumread on Italiano. It doesn't feel like a fair response to his last statement on the read, where he made a point of questioning whether to keep his vote on Italiano.
In post 182, boxxy wrote: I find it a bit suspect that Lemons seems to be defending me when many here consider me pretty scummy (being at E-1 for a bit, and E-2 for a while so far). Could be scum trying to build street cred by trying to friend a town.
I also don't like this switch around onto Lemons, because it seems to be conceding that finding you scummy is natural. Do you think you are being suspected for good reasons?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:51 am

Post by UNOwen »

Lemons is at E-1 by my count, which means he's dead once N_M get's online. I recommend unvoting so we can at least get a claim.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #17) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 196, InsidiousLemons wrote: - i don't like his defense of T3's inactivity and lack of explanation for his reads by writing it off as "how T3 posts". it's true that this has been T3's habit, but i don't see town motivation for fighting a call for him to post more substantially
- don't like his advocacy of a n_m policy lim in
- is decent but i don't know that i buy that he believes what he's saying in posts like . "minimalist posting"? come on
Agree with bloodhail's take, this is a bad case. What's the scum narrative behind his play that you're seeing?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 am

Post by UNOwen »

UNVOTE: Anya
In post 210, boxxy wrote: This is sketch though, why go fishing for a claim?
How is that fishing?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #19) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 221, ChannelDelibird wrote: UNOwen's #205 is the post that makes me most interested in the boxxy wagon of anything I've seen.
@UNOwen
, what did you think of boxxy's #206? You carried on the conversation with him a bit but didn't follow up on that particular caught-from-the-wrong-reasons angle.
It didn't do anything to change what I didn't like about the original post. To me it's intuitive that if I'm attracting a lot of suspicion, especially in a game this small, then at least some of it is scum driven. In that circumstance another player defending me wouldn't be inherently suspicious. The exception would be if I thought there was good reasoning against me, which could suggest the player defending me was doing so from an informed position. That's what I was looking for from boxxy's response, however there was no analysis along those lines so nothing that explains why he would suspect Lemons of being white knighting scum instead of town with a correct read.

I wasn't actually thinking about the angle you had in mind, although my line of questioning would've been a neat way to investigate it.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #20) » Wed May 19, 2021 8:03 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 236, InsidiousLemons wrote: see . it's not a super strong narrative but with only 10 pages to go off of it's a more significant case than i can see for anyone else atp
Well we're agreed that the narrative isn't very compelling. I can see why dismissing boxxy as flipbait would qualify but the T3 angle is a pretty weird attempt if diminishing town voices was the play, because ultimately T3 will post as extensively as he decides. A more likely interpretation (and my own reading) is that bloodhail was just reacting against suggestions on what counts as valuable play. His posts around the discussion are very fluid and natural sounding, I really doubt there's any calculation there.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #21) » Wed May 19, 2021 8:06 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 227, ItalianoVD wrote: Anyway any questions I haven’t answered yet?
You haven't yet explained the boxxy vote.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #22) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:04 am

Post by UNOwen »

VOTE: boxxy

Town can be erratic but the ISO doesn't look like a natural progression to me. Italiano/Anya are suspected initially, then vote against N_M and there's no follow up on the initial suspicions. Italiano renews his vote against boxxy, which is laughed off. T3's posts are dismissed even though there is suspicion against boxxy from him. No attempt to engage with either of these players about their votes despite one being a suspect and the other being one of the low content players boxxy has complained about. Instead of actually discussing suspicions the majority of boxxy's posts are wrapped up in the playstyle debate and the continued N_M vote is eventually justified by which is fine in isolation but "lack of anything else to go on" doesn't match his previous opinions.

I don't see how he can end up on "Lemons might be scum white knighting" before first sorting his own voters.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #23) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 am

Post by UNOwen »

Also I'd still like the fishing comment explained.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #24) » Wed May 19, 2021 11:05 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 245, boxxy wrote: You literally asked for a role claim.
That was a statement. It's standard to force a claim before execution, but it needs to be at E-2 with N_M in game.
In post 246, boxxy wrote: I'll be honest, this is my first forum mafia game in a number of years.
What is there to engage with an empty re-vote from Italiano?
Finally, regarding T3. I honestly haven't looked to closely at him. His posts are pretty empty and the majority of the game seems to be okay with that.
I also have posts about possible scumteam Anya/Italiano, scumread Italiano for caught of the wrong reasons or "that's not why I'm scum" as I've been calling it, scumread Lemons for what felt like a buddying attempt.
My Italiano vote felt like it got all the reaction it was going to get, nobody else was pushing with me, so i figured it was time to try to generate content elsewhere.
-Have you read any other mafia games before joining this one?
-Right but that's my point, didn't you wonder why they are/were voting you? You were worried about Lemons defending you but from your point of view I would imagine the first priority would be the players voting against you.
-That was poorly worded, it should be the majority of your posts until the Lemons read. I don't understand how this lines up with your next response, "lack of anything else to go on" reads to me as "lack of scumreads/suspicions". Was the Italiano suspicion for reaction?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #25) » Thu May 20, 2021 7:51 am

Post by UNOwen »

@Italiano - I was thinking the same about Anya, but her answers to my questions made sense and I ended up thinking I was in a bit of a tunnel. The play style difference might just be because she was replacing into our previous game, I don't really have a good comparison for early game behavior.

@Lemons - Updated read on boxxy?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #26) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:10 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 260, boxxy wrote: Wasn't really much to talk about before there. The fastest way to get beyond RVS and get productive is to get content worth talking about. So yeah I talked about play style when it felt like we had 2-3 players who seemed unwilling to provide content. Sue me.

Italiano was legit suspicion, he's still on my minor scumlist, but rather than continue to park a vote there I figured it's more productive to try to generate more content. You're really zeroing in on that "for lack of anything else to go on." That was meant in a general sense, and in the context of the post means "for lack of anything else to go on, play that I consider to benefit scum warrants suspicion and voting."

I dunno your whole argument feels like "you didn't defend yourself strongly." The votes on me didn't warrant defense, there was not any content behind them to discuss IMO.
It's not about defending yourself, it's about your perspective. As in, if you're being voted with no explanation, isn't that worth asking about. You talked about T3, but didn't directly ask him a question until even though he was voting you for in your view not a good reason. Same deal with Italiano, you suspected him but didn't try to get some reasoning out of him. I'll admit I'm assuming how you'd react here but I imagine that if N_M had responded to your pressure with a reads list with no justifications, you would have pushed for more.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #27) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:48 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 282, InsidiousLemons wrote: still town. doesn't bother me if that's what you're asking, and i can understand the mindset behind his earlier posts like and .
@bloodhail - why would scum!Lemons reject the opportunity to walk back their boxxy town read here? Deadline is approaching and the game is slow, scum in that position would probably be feeling the pressure to find a viable counterwagon.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #28) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:55 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 286, boxxy wrote: I never claimed that. His vote on me wasn't terrible I'm sure my post looked like LHF to people, votes were on me and I brought up Not_Mafia. Nothing really for me to say about it.
I asked you if you thought there was good reasoning against you and you said no?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #29) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:01 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 321, bloodhail wrote: why do they need to walk it back if boxxy is town? deadline pressure will force votes on the nearest wagon and they keep their hands clean
They were at risk of a deadline scramble themselves though, pushing against the boxxy wagon defuses a possible counter.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #30) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:45 am

Post by UNOwen »

boxxy's VT claim makes me uneasy but I don't like his case against me and don't feel particularly good about voting anywhere else. I suppose I'm not against a compromise on N_M, though that would just be a combination of PoE and policy.

re Anya: I've skimmed the ISO from the game that Italiano linked and while he's correct the vibe is different, that game was much faster so the comparison isn't sound at all. (Anya's 0-33 posts took place over a ~2 day period for both games linked, here it has taken ~7 days to reach post 28). If I ignore that my experience with Anya was from a more active game, nothing's really pinged me here except me interpreting her initial vote as more serious than she claimed it was. And considering her posts in the game linked the idea that scum!Anya would be pretending to have a semi-serious read in the early game is not realistic, so I think I was just wrong about that regardless of her alignment.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #31) » Sat May 22, 2021 8:17 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 350, InsidiousLemons wrote: yeah i don't love this either. Owen, what about boxxy's claim in particular gives you pause? just the fact that he didn't go for a PR claim? pretend boxxy is not an option today, either from lack of momentum or from a sufficiently convincing PR claim on his part. who is your 2nd pick for scum?
Yes, I think more often than not scum claims PR if they're run up on day 1, rather than gambling on WIFOM. My best guess for a team right now is boxxy/CDB, but with CDB the confidence is low enough that I'd prefer executing N_M as the least readable slot and then attempting to solve with more solid information.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #32) » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 205, UNOwen wrote:
In post 182, boxxy wrote: I find it a bit suspect that Lemons seems to be defending me when many here consider me pretty scummy (being at E-1 for a bit, and E-2 for a while so far). Could be scum trying to build street cred by trying to friend a town.
I also don't like this switch around onto Lemons, because it seems to be conceding that finding you scummy is natural. Do you think you are being suspected for good reasons?
In post 206, boxxy wrote:
In post 205, UNOwen wrote: Do you think you are being suspected for good reasons?
I don't. But if more than 2 people are finding me scummy than I must concede that my play appears scummy to someone who is town. Rather than defend myself its more productive to scumhunt.
In post 246, boxxy wrote:
In post 243, UNOwen wrote:T3's posts are dismissed even though there is suspicion against boxxy from him. No attempt to engage with either of these players about their votes despite one being a suspect and the other being one of the low content players boxxy has complained about.
Finally, regarding T3. I honestly haven't looked to closely at him. His posts are pretty empty and the majority of the game seems to be okay with that.
In post 247, boxxy wrote:Reading page 10, I'm starting to think that Lemons and bloodhail are just two town with very different opinions on playstyle conflicting.

I don't like how after bloodhail justifies T3s posts T3 comes you saying that bloodhail is "very very very town"

That's a pretty strong read for day one page 9, @T3, what makes you so certain?
In post 286, boxxy wrote:
You talked about T3, but didn't directly ask him a question until even though he was voting you for
in your view not a good reason.
I never claimed that. His vote on me wasn't terrible I'm sure my post looked like LHF to people, votes were on me and I brought up Not_Mafia. Nothing really for me to say about it.
In post 287, boxxy wrote:
Neutral

T3

Pretty devoid of content. Calling me out for LHF was decent, but then ignoring my question in and basically being unhelpful makes me weary.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #33) » Sat May 22, 2021 9:01 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 366, InsidiousLemons wrote: do you see partner equity between cdb and boxxy, or is cdb just your #2 scumread atm? what about cdb's play raises your confidence in scum!cdb and what aspects lower it?
There is partner equity. I've mentioned that boxxy's questioning of CDB earlier seemed pretty aggressive, and considering he's ended up as a town read on boxxy's list I could see that being a case of over-enthusiastic distancing from a new scum player. Him picking up on my questioning but not following it up himself also pinged. Part of the reason I made an explicit push against boxxy was because I was curious to see how CDB would react after he had shown he was following the interaction, and him ignoring it completely in favour of just commenting on a readlist from N_M wasn't a good sign.

Aside from the above association, the primary problem with CDB's play is a lack of proactivity and direction. Perhaps unfairly I tend to expect experienced players to assert themselves on the game more. He's justified it with rustiness, which could be true. His posts aren't overtly dishonest or anything. It kind of leaves him in the same boat as N_M though, just with more content so will presumably be easier to get a handle on with more information.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #34) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:32 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 370, InsidiousLemons wrote: sorry, i'm a bit confused. is this your case on boxxy? i think i can mostly follow your thinking but with nothing between the quotes it's a bit muddied
Commentary is probably required.

I've isolated the T3 comments to try and highlight how boxxy has shifted his position over the course of our discussion. My initial question is whether boxxy thinks it's right that he's been suspected and in response he says no and just talked about the numbers meaning he's appearing scummy to some town. Then when T3 specifically comes up, it's that he hasn't looked at him very closely (and it's worth noting that me talking about T3 seems to be what prompted boxxy to question him in ). Then in the vote is decent and for emphasis it's repeated in the readlist as though this is what he thought all along. So the question is why didn't he say so when I first asked him? I feel like a natural response to my Q if that was the case would include "T3's vote was reasonable, I can see how he thought my post looked scummy" or something along those lines. And in other posts he's now saying I misrepresented him for taking him at his earlier word.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #35) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:49 am

Post by UNOwen »

Getting a claim first would've been better, but I suppose there's no guarantee he would have returned to the thread in time anyway. At worst we're losing an unreadable non-contributor.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #36) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:54 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 373, boxxy wrote: Why is shifting positions a scumtell? You definitely prompted me to look at T3 again. I admitted early in our discussion that I had been ignoring him.
Shifting positions is fine, it's that you said I was misrepresenting you because of it that bothered me. Your later explanation of what you meant is a plausible perspective, but then didn't you notice that I was interpreting your answer wrongly when I talked about it in and ?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #37) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:00 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 378, InsidiousLemons wrote: @Owen how does boxxy's push on CDB affect your confidence in them as a pair? do you think it could be for show/an attempt at bussing?
Would've been less likely if boxxy's vote was still on CDB at the end of day. It's something to keep in mind on day 2, in case their recent interactions turn out to be twilight panto.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #38) » Thu May 27, 2021 10:33 am

Post by UNOwen »

VOTE: bloodhail

This feels pretty straightforward.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #39) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:13 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 471, bloodhail wrote: how much are you willing to bet on it, fucko
Quite a bit.

echoes my thoughts, I don't have much to add. Lemons doesn't discuss themself in the post, but I think the way they pushed against N_M also puts them in the "not credible as scum" camp. Meanwhile you were straight into today with a narrative about the boxxy kill (apparently having already researched my previous games) and your posts since day start read like you're trying to bluster your way out of a bad situation.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #40) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:45 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 528, bloodhail wrote: so, i flip town, will you selfvote tomorrow?
Nope.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #41) » Sat May 29, 2021 6:46 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 540, ItalianoVD wrote: This is an interesting take. Owen what’s your response?
I think that's a fair thought. There's less to post now we have a scum flip which I think gets us most of the way to victory.

My read is that the way the N_M wagon came about and was pushed makes it most likely all town and you are confirmed town, which leaves bloodhail. What I've seen today has just validated that impression. bloodhail reading our previous game, reporting "an attempt to pr hunt" and pushing this theory that I would kill a VT because I'm new was a clear giveaway to me that he has an agenda, since correctly identifying the PR was what the victory depended on in that game. More recently this reaction test he's talking about is transparently fake logic, the question is just nonsense. He seemed to be fairly considered day 1 but now his play has devolved into "will you self-vote if I flip town? No! How suspicious!". This is such basic thinking it's unbelievable that he actually thinks there's anything useful to get from asking that question. In general the step up in aggro is coming across as a last roll of the dice to try and escape a losing situation.

It seems pointless to waste energy indulging in paranoia theories when bloodhail-scum is a comfortable solve for the game, and unless someone scum claims I won't be changing my vote anyway.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #42) » Sun May 30, 2021 5:56 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 560, ItalianoVD wrote: Yeah, but why does it seem like you aren’t trying to figure it out when on Day 1, like Lemons said you were more active when you were trying to sort boxxy?
We have no information on day 1, so can only sort by producing interactions. That isn't the case now. If you weren't confirmed town or bloodhail was difficult to see as scum then I would be being more thorough.
In post 560, ItalianoVD wrote: Other than bloodhail, who do you think
could
be scum on Not_Mafia’s wagon?
In theory anyone, but I doubt scum bus day 1 if they can avoid it. Anya had no need to push the wagon, T3's switch would make no sense and CDB had the entire day to pretend to suspect someone else. Lemons
could
have just found themselves stuck on a N_M wagon that they didn't expect to gather momentum but then would be an unnecessary re-commitment to try and walk back on, so that doesn't seem likely either. The simple explanation for why it's hard to see a scum motive for the wagon is that there isn't one and flipping bloodhail will end the game.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:13 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 601, T3 wrote:VOTE: unowen
In post 603, Anya wrote: VOTE: treeowen
:/
Save me Lemons.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:14 am

Post by UNOwen »

@CDB - what's your take on the game?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:18 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 607, InsidiousLemons wrote:why do you assume i don't also think you're the most likely scum
Educated guess, but I guess I guessed wrong. Unless you're being coy?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:27 am

Post by UNOwen »

I look forward to CDB's catch up. He's currently the player I'm most suspicious of, mainly because of this:
In post 394, ChannelDelibird wrote:Anya so quickly moving from the vote on me to N_M feels likely town. I would expect scum in her position to see where the wagon on me went because it absolutely looked like the most likely thing to come to fruition at that stage and I don't think anyone would have given her any grief for staying on me.
This is presumably his justification for Anya not being partners with N_M. Unless Anya has a dark history of ruthlessly bussing her teammates then I agree it makes her very likely to be town but I'm not sure how this conclusion is reached before we knew N_M's alignment? At that point it was possible from CDB's perspective that Anya was switching from one town wagon to another, which doesn't seem particularly unlikely behaviour from scum.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:33 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 612, T3 wrote:Owen is at e1. Should they claim or no? It is pretty early in theday.
WI say no. Do you think I'm scum or just that PoE requires me to not be around at endgame?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:04 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 615, T3 wrote: Honestly, PoE. + you not voting nm.
Why do you have CDB and Lemons as town?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:24 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 618, ChannelDelibird wrote: The point - which I think is pretty clear from the original post - is that it would be the easy thing to do for a scum-Anya to stay on my wagon, which looked at the time more likely to gain momentum than N_M. Scum like easy ways to progress wagons on town that don't endanger their credibility. Anya actively opting for a more difficult choice was a strong pro-town indicator, and that was true even before we knew N_M's alignment. And now, when talking about that post retrospectively, I can just use "not N_M's partner" and "scum" interchangeably because of course I can.

This feels word-twisty.
I got that point, it's that I disagree the N_M wagon would have been that much more difficult for Anya than just staying on your wagon. Only Italiano was actively against it and in general "this is hard, let's policy" is a reasonable place for scum to hide. Obviously post flip it's a very strong argument but for the time it was posted I wonder if her switch was as valid a reason to town read Anya as you claimed.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:27 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 622, InsidiousLemons wrote: i
do
think you're the most likely, but it was also a genuine question. i don't really like how careful you're being with the answer.
Well that's disappointing. On the second point: why?

I'm VT.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:05 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 628, InsidiousLemons wrote: saying "educated guess" doesn't actually answer the question of
why
you thought i would be on your side
True. I thought you would be a PR with some sort of clear on me, and was trying to look wise by preempting it.
In post 628, InsidiousLemons wrote: what does scum!CDB stand to gain by faking a townread on anya?
At that point the execution was only going to be him or N_M. N_M's execution would look very good for Anya, so it's possible he was trying to get ahead of the game by having a town read that was about to become universal. Scum need to fake opinions occasionally anyway, I definitely don't see a downside to it.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #52) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:19 am

Post by UNOwen »

I was thinking there would have to be another PR to stay balanced compared to newbie games, but I suppose motion detector is weaker than rolecop for scum.

T3 why did you vote N_M at the end of day 1?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:56 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 639, T3 wrote:I didn't vote for nm earlier because I scumread lemons. I then read through their iso and felt a lot better about the wagon so I voted it.
I more meant why did you vote for the N_M wagon over CDB?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 am

Post by UNOwen »

VOTE: T3

He's clearly lying. In what world would a PR hold their shot until night 3 and risk not getting to use it? Especially with CDB claiming VT day 1 and T3 working of a PoE since the start of day 2.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:18 am

Post by UNOwen »

This is what was on my mind before the quickhammer:
In post 375, T3 wrote:Lock town: boxxy
Town: Owen, bloodhail
Lean town: Italiano, NM
Null: Anya
Lean scum: Channrl
Scum: Lemons
In post 392, InsidiousLemons wrote:i do still prefer n_m but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. if you guys want we can leave it until the morning but cdb has all the momentum and it looks like we won't get any help from t3 on a n_m exec for some reason
In post 397, T3 wrote:I reread Lemons ISO and I think they are town. Mostly gut though.
VOTE: NM
The biggest reason I was viewing T3 as town before was that I couldn't see a motivation for him to switch against N_M like he did, but I think this sequence explains it. Knee jerk distancing in response to Lemons call out makes a lot of sense for T3's turn, which was otherwise an out of the blue reversal on a read which he never really gave good justification for in the first place. It's doubtful he expected N_M to be hammered straight away, and maybe he feared that his defense would start to attract suspicion if attention was drawn to it. Or maybe he just thought N_M was doomed regardless of what he did and needed to make sure he was on the wagon to keep his chances alive.

I'm pretty sure T3 realised what I was thinking about from my questions at the end of yesterday, and shut down discussion because he feared the day would turn against him if I kept poking.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #56) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:10 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 667, T3 wrote: No sane you would ever nightkill me and I knew it. So I holstered until F3 in which I could get a result that wins the game.
We executed scum day one and you're claiming your reaction to that was to play so that you could potentially force a 50/50 in the final three, instead of attempting to find scum. The obvious point being that the real reason you would holster until F3 is because there's no way to verify your result then.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #57) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Post by UNOwen »

You were supposed to vote against the scum Anya, not join him!
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #58) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:56 am

Post by UNOwen »

gg all
Town played well, a deserved win.
In post 679, T3 wrote:unowen, you played well but nm dying and then the result ensured your death.
Thanks, and yeah as soon as N_M got hammered I figured it was only a matter of time. Maybe a stronger scum player could've salvaged it but I'm glad enough to avoid the sweep. :P

It was a nice move to hold your shot until the end. I did worry that you quickhammered because there was some sort of card but you'd made yourself my best chance at a misexecution, so all I could think to do was kill within Lemons/Anya and hope that you were just a VT who was clowning.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”