Robert M Hunter

T3

SirCakez

Enchant

Almost50

xz03yx

(
Italicized
indicates confirmed; * indicates prodded)

Players Having a Grand Ole Time (12)

Spoiler: Living Players
Flea The Magician
ItalianoVD
Asteria
Ircher
Guillotina
VFP
Vaxkiller
Robert M Hunter
T3
SirCakez
Enchant
Almost50

Players Whose Grand Ole Time is Over (1)

Spoiler: Dead Players

Modkilled:

MARUCHAN - YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID

Votecounts:

Rules:

Unless contradicted by a rule below, BoilerPlate Rules apply. If a contradiction occurs, my rules take precedent. All Sitewide Rules Apply. It is your job to be familiar with them.

General

1. My color is
Chocolate
. Korina's color is
Don't use them. Don't use something similar to them. Don't try to imitate them in any way shape or form.
2. Have FUN. This is a game, and therefore the most important rule is to HAVE FUN. If you are not having fun, please replace out. There is nothing wrong with replacing out of a game that is not enjoyable. I won't be upset, and I will be happy that you were willing to put fun ahead of an irrational fear of hurting my feelings.
3. While having fun, don't play against your win condition. This is a very liberal interpretation. A self vote isn't playing against your win condition. Saying you are scum and outing your partner then voting them is.
4. If you have the ability, editing your posts, or deleting any posts is not allowed.
5. As this is a game, heated discussions are fine but personal attacks, insults, flaming, and poor sportsmanship are not. Please don't be a jerk to your fellow players.
6. I am the Mod, the Mod is God. What I say goes. I am allowed to edit what goes at any given point for any reason I see fit. Generally, changes made to rules will be announced publicly.
7. When dealing with rules infractions or other problems, I will always seek the solution that is least invasive to the game state. That said, infractions may result in anything from a warning to your slot being force replaced or you being modkilled, depending on the severity and nature of the offense. Mod-imposed post limiting or requests from the mod for more frequent posting are also within my wheelhouse as possible options for experimental activity based rules infractions.

Day/Night/Twilight

1. A single standard day phase will be 14 days from the post the mod makes starting the day.
2. A single standard night phase will be 48 hours from the post the mod makes starting the night.
3. Twilight will last from when a yeeting occurs until the mod makes a post changing the game phase.
4. During twilight, you may continue to post in-thread, even if you were yeeted. If you have a factional PT that day talk is prohibited in, Twilight counts as night. You may begin posting to strategize with your faction once a yeeting occurs. This rule may change depending on the setup/mod's discretion.
5. All roles with non-mandatory night actions who fail to submit a night action before the deadline, will lose that night action.
6. All roles with mandatory night actions who fail to submit a night action before the deadline, will have that night action randomized at my discretion.
7. If all faction members/roles with night actions post in their PTs/send me a DM specifically requesting a early end to the night phase, I will honor it. Be forewarned, this could lead to additional information given to other players outside of my control.
8. If you are going to be V/LA you may send me night actions early in case you miss a night deadline, and they will be honored.
9. Deadline Extensions may be requested, but will rarely be granted.
10. If you have multiple possible night actions, or multiple players able to commit a single night action you must specify, or it will be randomized.

Posting/Voting

1. Do not use encrypted text, hidden text, small text, or any other hard-to-read text when posting.
2. Once you have been killed, you are out of the game. Do not post anymore until the game is over. "Bah" post if you need to, but no game related content.
3. Voting will be done with bold or vote tags
4. Voting will not attempt to be hidden. Attempts to hide your vote such as in spoiler tags may or may not be counted, at my discretion.
5. Voting for other living players in game, for "End Phase" or some other form of ending the phase without a yeeting occurring, or "End Game" to end the game in a draw and have everyone loose are authorized.
6. Unless otherwise specified, a yeeting or a phase end with no yeeting will occur when a majority as calculated by number of living players divided by two rounded up. A vote to end the game in a draw must be unanimous by all living players.
7. Voting for the mod is authorized. Votes on the mod, and a successful mod Yeeting will incur interesting punishments. Try it at your own peril.
8. Unvotes are welcome but not required.
9. If a majority is not reached by the deadline, a Plurality Yeeting will occur. This means the player with the most votes. If there is a tie, the player to receive the most votes first will be yeeted. Doing nothing is only acceptable if it is the players' intention to do nothing. Riding the deadline will still cause a yeeting to occur.
10. Once a hammer occurs, no votes or unvotes will prevent the yeeting from happening.
11. A Majority is determined by dividing the number of living players by two, rounding down to the nearest whole number, and adding one.

Communicating with the Moderator

1. I make mistakes every now and then. If you notice an error with the vote counts, deadlines, or anything else related to the game, please let me know by posting a bolded statement on it's own line starting with @Mod or some varient thereof and I will correct the issue.
2. Due to the nature of the game, role related questions may come up. If you have questions about your actual role, I will not respond to them in-thread. Please use any PTs you have access to or DMs to ask me. If you have a mechanics based question about how a specific possible role would be 3. utilized in this game I reserve the right to respond or not respond at my sole discretion. Don't abuse this to try to mod-confirm people. I will not be amused.
3. Quoting or otherwise attempting to replicate mod communications will result in punishment, at my discretion. If in doubt, ask me.
4. If you need to get my attention, just include @Mod or @Maruchan in your post. Also, bolding will help catch my eye.
5. You may request a personal PT/notes PT. Discord Servers may be requested in lieu of personal PTs/notes PTs/hydra PTs.

Miscellaneous

1. If you have any problems with another player, send me a PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue.
2. Threatening to report another player to change their behavior isn't OK. PM me, Report them, Or leave it be. This is using out-of-game influence.
3. My color is Chocolate, don't use it.
4. As the moderator, my word is final. Please respect my instructions and my decisions.
5. I reserve the right to change these rules during the game if necessary. If this happens, I will inform everybody of the rule change in the thread.
6. I live on the US East Coast, and am therefore on East Coast Time. However, I also have absolutely no set schedule, so might sleep from 1pm to midnight, 3am to noon, or whenever I feel like it. Sorry if I am unavailable at a given time.

PS: Korina is my co-mod and is responsible for all this lovely delicious flavor. Maru is horrible at flavor-writing.
Last edited by Maruchan on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:49 am, edited 21 times in total.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon May 17, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Maruchan »

Mini Theme 2212: Ircher's Grand Idea Mafia

Experimental Activity Rules

1. Due to site-wide meta (including my own!) I want to try to set some activity rules. These may change, and if they do I will let you know. If you feel there is a better way to handle any of these, feel free to DM me.

2. No single player should have greater than 33% of the posts in a given day phase if there are greater than 5 players. Learn to think before you speak, and condense your thoughts into fewer posts.

3. No single living player should have more than 10 times the number of posts as another living player in a given phase. Give others a chance to catch up to the game state before flooding the game with more information.

4. Every player should have at least one post of content, once per day, if they aren't V/LA. This is specifically vague, because once per day could mean 48 hours sometimes (early morning day 1, late night day 2), but not a single post every 48 hours (as thats a single post per 2 days). This rule is flexible and up to interpretation. Breaking this rule will have numerous chances for warnings before any action is taken, and actions taken won't necessarily be harsh.

5. Back-and-forth debates between 3 or less players in a heated discussion should never be more than 2 pages long. If a back and forth heated debate is pushing the boundaries of this, but you think the debate is *REALLY IMPORTANT*, you may post to signify that you intend to continue the debate 12 hours or more later, at which point the restrictions on the interaction are lifted. This is to prevent spewing in heated moments stuff that is not important when cooler heads prevail, but not to discourage important content from being stated. This is waived if there are 4 or fewer players alive.

6. Triple-, Quadruple-, etc. posting isn't cool. Learn to use the multi-quote function, use the [post] tags to link to specific posts you want to reply to in a quick reply, etc. Don't make a habit of this, as it discourages less-active players from participating in the game.

7. Rushing the game is Not Cool. Day 1 is required to last at least 4 real life days, or 15 in-game pages. Day two is required to last at least 3 real life days, or 10 in-game pages. Day 3 is required to last at least 2 real-life days, or 5 in-game pages. Hammer votes made prior to these deadlines will be counted, but will result in a twilight phase until the requirement is met. This minimum deadline is waived if there are five (5) or fewer living players. This rule may also be waived by unanimous consent of all living players including the recently hammered player. The intention behind this rule is to give everyone a chance to speak. It also encourages players not to spam everything at once but to take their time to formulate their thoughts, not to drag out the game against the players' wishes.

8. "Meme-Posts" containing only random gifs, videos, a naked vote/unvote, etc should be kept to a minimum.

9. Possible penalties for breaking activity rules include verbal reminders from the mod, possible post restrictions limiting you even further, possible loss of your vote, possible penalty votes on you (hated-esque modifiers), or in situations where you just outright refuse to listen to the mod after multiple attempts to curb the activity, force-replacement. These are not meant to punish you unfairly, and will be loosely moderated, but will exist. I'm not trying to micromanage, but am trying to encourage a standard of play between all players.

Setup Specific Info

1. All roles will be taken from the first 1000 posts Ircher made in the Grand Idea Thread. If this allows for further roles to exist through randomization built into his role submissions, then there may be further roles included in the game.

2. Some editing of roles will take place to make the game work more cohesively. This will be loosely done, but don't be surprised if something seems slightly different in your role than anything you can find in Ircher's ISO.

3. This game is
NOT
multi-ball. I will not re-state this, I will not re-address this, there is only one anti-town faction (although self-aligned roles that are not members of a faction are possible).

4. Game is guaranteed to have a minimum of 7 town roles, and a minimum of 1 anti-town role. This is by definition, a game of mafia (informed minority against uninformed majority).

5. If you didn't read the game info and are surprised that your role you received isn't one you submitted, I have no sympathy as I clearly stated that was the case in the setup info.

Example Role PMs
Towny PM wrote:Welcome to Mini Theme 2212!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
!
You have no role-specific powers. You however have your vote and your voice! Use them well!
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Non-Towny PM wrote:Welcome to Mini Theme 2212!
You are a
Anti-Town Mafia Goon
!
You have no role-specific powers. You however have your vote, your voice, and a factional kill with your Buddies X, Y, and Z to discuss in your Faction PT! Use them well!
You win when all Town players are dead or nothing can prevent the same from happening. You also win if your faction represent a majority of players remaining alive.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Maruchan »

FlavorThirteen of you stand in a clearing, for, it is that time of the year again. It is time to preform the ritual to keep Korina, the weird dog-man-thing away from this village. Unlike years prior, this year has been frought with peril and hardship, and significantly more dogs, which is problematic. All of you put your heads together, realizing that Korina has managed to turn some of you into horrible, dog-loving traitors, and came up with a very simple plan: Each day, all of you would gather in the middle of town to preform the ritual and you'd discuss who who should be yeeted from the ceremonial cannon. Whoever recieved the majority vote first, would be yeeted from a cannon. The only problem was, your discussion was cut short by nightfall, prompting all of you to return to your houses for the night, giving Korina and their spies a chance to discuss and plan. Tomorrow, when the sun rises, you'll all have your chance to decide the fate of this very village...

Day 1 begins when 11 players have confirmed (either in-thread or in PMs). Feel free to talk amongst yourselves until the sun rises

5/11 confirmed
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Maruchan »

6/11 confirmed

Vote count Negative-1Maruchan (L-12) - xz03yx
Not Voting: Everyone else
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Maruchan »

6/11 confirmed

Vote count Negative-2Maruchan (L-11) - xz03yx, Ircher
Last edited by Maruchan on Mon May 17, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Maruchan »

6/11 confirmed

Vote count Negative-3Maruchan (L-9) - xz03yx, Ircher, VFP, KittyKatKorina, Flea The Magician
In post 0, Maruchan wrote:
Posting/Voting

7. Voting for the mod is authorized. Votes on the mod, and a successful mod Yeeting will incur interesting punishments. Try it at your own peril.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Mon May 17, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Maruchan »

Mod made a boo-boo and a rule has been added. How she forgot to include this in her ruleset? Who knows.

Posting/Voting

11. A Majority is determined by dividing the number of living players by two, rounding down to the nearest whole number, and adding one.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Mon May 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 1, Maruchan wrote:
Setup Specific Info

5. If you didn't read the game info and are surprised that your role you received isn't one you submitted, I have no sympathy as I clearly stated that was the case in the setup info.
7/11 confirmed
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I really felt I was being overly-antagonistic and trying to cut off a question that would never be asked when I posted that in the rules, but 3 of you already have restored my faith in the need to defend myself prematurely
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Maruchan »

9/13 confirmed. :( 5/9 didn't read the game info prior to signing up. My heart is broken.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #10) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I'm glad you're enjoying it at least, even if not everyone is.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #11) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I'd like constructive criticism from every player who did not realize that they wouldn't be given one of their 4 roles to provide me with constructive feedback on what I could have done to make this fact clearer to you before you /in'd to the game, so that I have less upset players in future, because I literally don't know how to do so.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Mon May 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Maruchan »

you asked me not to PM you and I respected your wishes. I asked for constructive criticism from people, could you respect my wishes? And not respond to me just to be more rude after I left you be?
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #13) » Mon May 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Thread locked till d1 starts. For those unconfirmed dm me to confirm.

I don't have to deal with this by voluntarily unlocking the thread to allow for pregame chatter
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #14) » Tue May 18, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Maruchan »

10/11 confirms
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #15) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Maruchan »

All 13 players have confirmed.

Day 1 starts now.

You have (expired on 2021-06-01 15:00:00) to reach a yeet.

FlavorThe next morning arrived far too quickly for all of you, and much to your dismay, it wasn't a horrible nightmare. When you awoke and made your way to the clearing, you saw Maruchan and Korina standing there, waiting for you. Maruchan quickly spoke up. "We don't have all day..." she began, before quickly trailing off. "Well, actually we do, but that's irrelevant. The point is, I have reason to believe that some of you are actually working with Korina now, and they aren't telling me who, so I'm going to leave this up to you now. You have until sundown to determine which one of you should be yeeted from the ceremonial cannon."

With that, the two of them simply disappear, leaving all thirteen of you in the middle of the clearing.
Last edited by Maruchan on Tue May 18, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #16) » Tue May 18, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 1With 13 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 0 -
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 0 -
Justice League - 1 - SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez
VFP - 3.125 - xz03yx, Flea The Magician, Ircher, Asteria
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -
xz03yx - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Justice League, VFP, Vaxkiller, Robert M Hunter, T3, Enchant, Almost50

Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #17) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 2With 13 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 1.125 - xz03yx, Lustice Jeague
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 1.125 - VFP, xz03yx
Lustice Jeague - 2 - SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, Robert M Hunter
VFP - 2.125 - xz03yx, Flea The Magician, Ircher
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 1.125 - Asteria, xz03yx
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -
xz03yx - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Vaxkiller, T3, Enchant, Almost50

PS: Korina goes *MEOW*
Last edited by Maruchan on Tue May 18, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #18) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

fixed a typo
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #19) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 3With 13 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 0.125 - xz03yx
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 1.125 - VFP, xz03yx
Lustice Jeague - 2.125 - SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, Robert M Hunter, xz03yx, xz03yx
VFP - 0.125 - xz03yx
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 3.125 - Asteria, xz03yx, Flea The Magician
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 1 - Almost50
xz03yx - 4.125 - Ircher, Lustice Jeague, SirCakez, T3, Vaxkiller

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Enchant

PS: I hate octuplet voters. Curse you Ircher for dreaming them up
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #20) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 4With 13 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 0.125 - xz03yx
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 0.125 - xz03yx
Lustice Jeague - 1.25 - Robert M Hunter, xz03yx, xz03yx
VFP - 0.125 - xz03yx
Vaxkiller - 1 - VFP
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 3.125 - Asteria, xz03yx, Flea The Magician
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 1 - Almost50
xz03yx - 5 !L-2! - Ircher, Lustice Jeague, SirCakez, T3, Vaxkiller, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Enchant

Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #21) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Maruchan »

Oh no! xz03yx, the
Anti-Town Werewolf Octuplet Voter
, has been found shot after taking a quick trip to the restroom! Vote count resets.

FlavorYour discussion was suddenly interrupted by a red dot appearing directly on
xz03yx's
chest. All of you went silent as xz03yx looked up, realizing what the dot had meant. Instead of trying to plead her innocence, in a moment of sheer desperation, she picked up whatever she could from the ground and tried throwing it at the hidden sniper. Mere seconds later, you all heard a bang as xz03yx went down—a single dart sticking out of her chest. You weren't sure if it was a trick of the light, or the adrenaline from the sudden interruption, but you could've sworn that she looked more wolf-like. Soon after, the mysterious sniper came out of the brush, face entirely masked, and their body obscured by a cloak as they picked up the unconscious wolf, and slowly dragged them away, never to be seen again...

votecount 1With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 0 -
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 0 -
Justice League - 0 -
VFP - 0 -
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Justice League, VFP, Vaxkiller, Robert M Hunter, T3, Enchant, Almost50, SirCakez, Flea The Magician, Ircher, Asteria

Last edited by Korina on Wed May 19, 2021 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #22) » Wed May 19, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 6With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 3 - VFP, Ircher, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
VFP - 2 - Flea The Magician, Robert M Hunter
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Vaxkiller, T3, Enchant, Almost50, Asteria, Lustice Jeague

Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #23) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Maruchan »

looking for a replacement for VFP.

Lustice Jeague, cool it with being a dick please. You were a dick to me, and now another player is requesting replacement to avoid you.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (isolation #24) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Maruchan »

6. Triple-, Quadruple-, etc. posting isn't cool. Learn to use the multi-quote function, use the [post] tags to link to specific posts you want to reply to in a quick reply, etc. Don't make a habit of this, as it discourages less-active players from participating in the game.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #25) » Thu May 20, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 7With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 4 - Ircher, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, T3, Lustice Jeague
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 1 - VFP
VFP - 2 - Flea The Magician, Robert M Hunter
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Vaxkiller, Enchant, Almost50, Asteria

Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (isolation #26) » Thu May 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Maruchan »

psyche replaces VFP
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (isolation #27) » Thu May 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 332, Psyche wrote:Anyone else catching a weird bug with post #175? Iso seems to say Robert M Hunter made the post, pew pew meow. But just looking at page 8 identifies Vaxkiller's? Eh
175/176 are switched on post numbers in respective ISOs for me too
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #28) » Fri May 21, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 8With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 2.825 - Ircher, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, T3
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 3.125 - Psyche, Almost50, Lustice Jeague, SirCakez
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 2 - Flea The Magician, Robert M Hunter
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Vaxkiller, Enchant, Asteria

Last edited by Maruchan on Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #29) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 371, Lustice Jeague wrote:
In post 346, Lustice Jeague wrote:VOTE: Asteria
@Maruchan please update the vote count with my vote, seems you missed it.
In post 368, Maruchan wrote:
votecount 8With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 3.825 - Ircher, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, T3, Lustice Jeague
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 3.125 - Psyche, Almost50, Lustice Jeague, SirCakez
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 2 - Flea The Magician, Robert M Hunter
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Vaxkiller, Enchant, Asteria

boop, yours is third in the line. O.O I'm sensing a trend...

EDIT: I SEEE I had you both ion not-voting and voting-flea, so when i moved you from not-voting to voting-asteria, your vote on flea didn't get moved. welp fixing.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (isolation #30) » Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 9With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 1 - Ircher
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 5 !L-2! - Psyche, Almost50, SirCakez, T3, Flea The Magician, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 1 - Robert M Hunter
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 2 - Lustice Jeague, Asteria
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: ItalianoVD, Vaxkiller, Enchant

shhh nobody saw that mistake
Last edited by Maruchan on Sun May 23, 2021 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #31) » Sat May 22, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 10With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 0 -
ItalianoVD - 2 - Lustice Jeague, Ircher
Asteria - 3 - Almost50, SirCakez, T3, Flea The Magician, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, ItalianoVD
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 1 - Robert M Hunter
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 1 - Asteria
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting, Vaxkiller, Enchant, Psyche

Last edited by Maruchan on Sun May 23, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (isolation #32) » Sat May 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 428, Ircher wrote:
In post 426, Maruchan wrote:Asteria - 3 - Almost50, SirCakez, T3, Flea The Magician, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, ItalianoVD
@MOD: Even without Itaiano's vote, this looks like it is at least four votes.
The votecount is correct
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (isolation #33) » Sun May 23, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 11With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 3 - Ircher, Flea The Magician, Asteria
ItalianoVD - 1 - Robert M Hunter
Asteria - 1 - SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, ItalianoVD, Lustice Jeague
Ircher - 0 -
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 0 -
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 1 - T3
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting, Vaxkiller, Enchant, Almost50, Psyche

Last edited by Maruchan on Sun May 23, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #34) » Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Maruchan »

The last two votecounts were mobile. the one two votecounts ago, the numbers were *all* correct, double verified. But I apparently forgot to re-type psyche in the unvoting column. This one I mis-counted the votes on Flea, and has been rectified
Last edited by Maruchan on Sun May 23, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (isolation #35) » Sun May 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 12With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 2 - Ircher, Asteria
Asteria - 1 - SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, ItalianoVD, Lustice Jeague
Ircher - 1 - Flea The Magician
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 0 -
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 1 - T3
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

~The Helpful setup-spec mod
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #36) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 13With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 4 - Ircher, Asteria, Lustice Jeague, T3
Asteria - 0 - SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, SirCakez, ItalianoVD
Ircher - 1 - Flea The Magician
Lustice Jeague - 0 -
Psyche - 0 -
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

~Death by Votecounts

Combined Moderator ISO
Last edited by Korina on Sun May 23, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (isolation #37) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 285, Maruchan wrote:

Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #38) » Mon May 24, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 545, Ircher wrote:I assume fading the mod doesn't end the day in most cases, but let's see:
@MOD:If we attempt to fade the moderator, does the day end? This is being asked under the assumption that no roles in the setup makes the moderator a valid target for fades.
Baring roles that change this, any games I run where a mod *yeeting* is an acceptable *yeeting* does not end the day

edited out prohibited words that were just now pointed out to me. I apologize for my memory issues making the adjustment to the new site-meta hard, and if i caused offense to anyone. It was not intentional, just unlearning habits from 8 years of using a different word. Most of you had the chance to do this back in 2019, but this is my second game modding since the change.
Last edited by Maruchan on Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #39) » Mon May 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 14With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 4 - Ircher, Asteria, T3, SirCakez (X8)
ItalianoVD - 1 - Guilotina
Asteria - 0 - ItalianoVD, Robert M Hunter
Ircher - 0 -
Guilotina - 0 -
Psyche - 0 -
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting, Vaxkiller, Enchant, Almost50, Psyche, Flea The Magician

Vote count Negative-4Maruchan (E-6) - Ircher, Psyche, Korina, Flea The Magician, T3, Enchant, Asteria

Combined Moderator ISO

Fixed the VCs, yw.
~ Kori
Last edited by Korina on Mon May 24, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #40) » Mon May 24, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 549, Guillotina wrote:
In post 548, Maruchan wrote:
Flea The Magician
-
-
Ircher
Asteria
T3
SirCakez (X8)

Combined Moderator ISO
Why is there 5 votes on Flea, when there is only 4 people voting on her?
Man. 24 hours + without sleep is rough.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #41) » Tue May 25, 2021 2:03 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 564, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: flea
I *think* that's a hammer but I'm at work. Assume twilight.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #42) » Tue May 25, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 15With 12 alive, 7 to yeet.

Flea The Magician - 7 - Ircher, Asteria, T3, SirCakez (X8), Guilotina, Enchant, Almost50
ItalianoVD - 0 -
Asteria - 1 - ItalianoVD, Robert M Hunter, Flea The Magician
Ircher - 0 -
Guilotina - 0 -
Psyche - 0 -
Vaxkiller - 0 -
Robert M Hunter - 0 -
T3 - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting, Vaxkiller, Psyche

Vote count Negative-5Maruchan (E-3) - Ircher, Psyche, Korina, T3, Enchant, Asteria, SirCakez, Vaxkiller

Flea The Magician, the
Anti-Town Mafia Strongman 2-Shot Vigilante
, has been yeeted!

flavorA decision was quickly reached, as the group looked at
Flea The Magician
. In the wake of the werewolf being shot in broad daylight, everyone thought fae was acting suspiciously when the wolf was dragged away—like fae knew something the rest of the group didn't. Eyeing the suspected traitor, the group quickly turned onto Flea. Expecting some resistance—a plea of some sort, trying to convince the group that fae was innocent—they got none of those. When the majority of the group turned of fae, ready to yeet them from the ceremonial cannon, fae simply raised both of faer's hands into the air, surrendering. With a devious smirk on faer's face, fae simply asked a question to the group. "Ever wondered
why
they call me Flea The Magician?"

This question was sufficient enough to cause the group to stop for a second—just long enough for Flea to throw down a smoke bomb, and disappear, never to be seen again. In faer's wake, there was a single sheet of paper left on the ground with the words "A true magician never reveals their secrets.~"

Night 1 Begins, you have (expired on 2021-05-27 16:00:00) to submit all Night actions to me. BE SURE TO READ RULES REGARDING FAILURE TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

Edited in the flavor
~ Kori
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (isolation #43) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Maruchan »

Guillotina replaces out. No modification of deadline necessary. Game will continue without replacement.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (isolation #44) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Maruchan »

T3, the
Town 1-Shot Time Manipulator
, has been shot N1!

Vaxkiller, the
Town Desperado
, has been shot N1!

Robert M Hunter, the
Town D1 Vigilante N1 Vigilante D2 Gunsmith N2 Vanilla Cop D3 Modified Neigbhborizer N3 Neighborizer D4 Doctor N4 Doctor D5 Roleblocker N5 Roleblocker
, has been shot N1!

Psyche, the
Town Hated Reflexive Loved Loverizer Lover
, has been shot N1!

ItalianoVD, the
Town Compulsive Unvoter
, has been shot N1!

Empty Slot (Vex Vience) formerly played by Guillotina, the
Mafia 2-Shot Vigilante Loved Lover
, commits suicide N1!

Day 2 begins!

votecount 15With 5 alive, 3 to yeet.

Asteria - 0 -
Ircher - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: Asteria, Ircher, SirCakez, Enchant, Almost50

You have (expired on 2021-06-10 16:00:00) to reach a yeet.

flavorSitting silently in their tower,
T3
watched the hourglass slowly empty out into the bottom chamber, as the grandfather clock behind him ticked away each second. He was lost in thought, thinking about when to control the sands of time. Lifting a hand to flip over the hourglass, he suddenly froze, feeling something cold being thrusted against his neck. Panicking, he tried to turn the hourglass over to use this knowledge to his advantage, but it was too late. His body fell to the ground, as the hourglass ran out of time—only the sound of the grandfather clock filling the room.

Readying his weapons,
Vaxkiller
silently crept out into the night. They had a target in mind, and was going to try to kill them. The only thought that was lingering in their mind was that of uneasiness.
"What if they're also not a part of Korina's thing?"
they thought to themself. Grimly smiling, they knew what they would do if that was the case, and as they closed his eyes, tilting his head down, they didn't notice the red dot focused on their chest.

Robert M Hunter
readied his mask and suit. Feeling confident in his target—after all, he did manage to take out the wolf yesterday morning without anyone suspecting a thing—he grabbed his gun, and loaded in his single bullet. Before he could go anywhere, someone had already begun to hunt him down. All he felt in his last moments was a dart striking the back of his neck, followed by someone saying "Karma's a bitch, ain't she?"

Psyche
sat in their house, eagerly awaiting anyone to stop by. They had a knack for brewing things that would cause others to fall in love with them—especially those that tried to target them directly. They knew they were hated by everyone for this, but what others didn't know was that their potions had a side-effect: anyone who was affected by it, everyone would love. It wasn't until
Vex Vience
entered the house, did anything happen. Their potions took effect instantly, but Vex was determined to carry out their mission. They quickly disposed of Psyche, before realizing they had killed their lover. Solmenly nodding, they pointed the gun at themself, and pulled the trigger.

As
ItalianoVD
slept that night, someone crept into his house, and simply shot him. A simple job, with no resistance.

Added flavor
~ Kori
Last edited by Korina on Thu May 27, 2021 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #45) » Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Maruchan »

votecount 16With 5 alive, 3 to yeet.

Asteria - 1 - Almost50
Ircher - 0 -
SirCakez - 0 -
Enchant - 0 -
Almost50 - 0 -

Not Voting: Asteria, Ircher, SirCakez, Enchant

You have (expired on 2021-06-10 16:00:00) to reach a yeet.

Vote count Negative-6Maruchan (YEETED!) - Ircher, Enchant, Asteria, SirCakez, Almost50

Maruchan,
The Mod
, has been Yeeted! Yeeted players are dead and dead players can not post in game thread as they are dead. Due to this, the mod will no longer be posting in game thread. any pertinent info (flips, mod questions, etc) will take place through DMs from now on. Enjoy your punishments <3

FlavorYou... you really want me to type up flavor for this? Like, typing up a flavor for the moderator getting yeeted? No. Fuck you. You don't deserve that at all. You're making me do more work than I have to, when I'm writing flavor for the players getting yeeted, and not the moderator. What's next? If I don't type up a suitable flavor you'll yeet me? I'm going to end this now, and just use this new-found power and post a dog to spite all of you.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Korina on Sat May 29, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #46) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Maruchan »

VOTE COUNT 2.3
Asteria (1, E-2!):
Almost50

No-Yeet (1, E-2!):
Asteria
Ircher (0):

SirCakez (0):

Enchant (0):

Almost50 (0):

Not Voting (3):
SirCakez (x8), Ircher, Enchant

With
votes in play, it takes
of them to yeet somebody, and
of them to not yeet somebody.
(expired on 2021-06-10 16:00:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Korina is V/LA on weekends. Please direct questions at that time to my Discord (Korina#0359)
- Maruchan will not be posting in thread, but will answer questions via PM.
- Since I'm taking over the VCs, I'm using my own style. I will try to preserve Maruchan's style wherever possible though.

Maru stole my pagetop, so I'm stealing her bah post. (Not even stole, literally deleted the post and replaced it with her own.)
~ Kori
Last edited by Korina on Sun May 30, 2021 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Maruchan »

Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Maruchan »

me and korina were freakign out in discord DMs and ded thread like

WTF IRCHER

WHY YOU DRAG THIS OUT

WHYYYYYYYYYY
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 732, SirCakez wrote:I always forget how many scum GIM games have jfc
This was the *first* GIM that I didn't have to re-roll the setup due to too many scum. I think the requiring 2v1v1 role picks, combined with a number of towny "any alignment" picks helped.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (isolation #50) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Maruchan »

I'd have to say, Asteria's fakeclaim was on point. A++ 100% effort.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Maruchan »

if anyone wants to help me design an actually-good GIM-based themed large setup lmk <3
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 758, Almost50 wrote:
In post 756, SirCakez wrote:
In post 754, Psyche wrote:i dont think i like setups like these!
but im glad i could make my pr useful
yeah I probably would not play another one any time soon because it sucks nailing a bunch of scum and still losing or getting a really crappy role
but I enjoyed this game and don't regret playing!
That's the beauty of "original" GIMs .. you get to choose YOUR Role, mot submit someone else's. I even like it more when I get to choose my alignment as well.. (Great Idea, Greater Idea .. etc)
original GIMs are even worse. The actual setup composition as detailed in the first post of GIM is that the mod rolls an X sided die where X is the number of posts currently in the thread (at like 10 thousand or so i think), and you get the role corresponding to what was rolled.

GIM uPick is what you described.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Maruchan »

:O THATS A GREAT IDEA
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 764, Almost50 wrote:
In post 760, Maruchan wrote:
In post 758, Almost50 wrote:
In post 756, SirCakez wrote:
In post 754, Psyche wrote:i dont think i like setups like these!
but im glad i could make my pr useful
yeah I probably would not play another one any time soon because it sucks nailing a bunch of scum and still losing or getting a really crappy role
but I enjoyed this game and don't regret playing!
That's the beauty of "original" GIMs .. you get to choose YOUR Role, mot submit someone else's. I even like it more when I get to choose my alignment as well.. (Great Idea, Greater Idea .. etc)
original GIMs are even worse. The actual setup composition as detailed in the first post of GIM is that the mod rolls an X sided die where X is the number of posts currently in the thread (at like 10 thousand or so i think), and you get the role corresponding to what was rolled.

GIM uPick is what you described.
I was thinking (and even said) Great Idea & Greater Idea. That's what I meant by "original". The games with fixed limited decks to draw from
well, in the original Great Idea Mafia, it's only 145 roles vice thousands, but the roles are still distributed via randomization (specifically the wiki states to use random.org).

The first setup to begin any level of user-pick was Greater, where they randomize 146 roles, assign each player two, player picks one of the two randoms, and the discards are shown publicly.

Greatest goes one step further, where the mod randomizes the 146 roles in greater idea, assigns 3 randomized cards to each player, and the players *must* keep two cards, one for their alignment, and a different one for their role. the third is publicly discarded.

All GIM-esque variants designed have setup creation involving mod-randomization. It's only mods who willingly choose to forgo the default ruleset and modify their creation to be a uPick where that is changed. Most *Grand* Idea variants ran on site are typically uPick, and why most people are so conditioned to thinking Grand Idea Mafia games are inherently uPick, even when setup info and the name specifically state otherwise.

However, even Grand Idea Mafia was never intended in it's initial conceptualization to be a uPick.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 771, T3 wrote:The scumsidedness though.
these usually are quite scumsided just by the setup design, i usually have to re-roll 3-5 times just to get more town than scum and it still oft starts in d1 lylo

Then when you add in that the *players* pick the roles, i'm routinely surprised how many scum heavy-hitters I get compared to weak townies.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 773, Ircher wrote:Honestly with as many vigs as town had, I actually think the setup was somewhat decent for town. Better than I've seen in other setups.
oh yes if the desperado had shot when he was considering it this could've gone more townsided for sure.

or if the loverizer had been targeted by you before being killed by someone else on the scum team the next night
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Maruchan »

LMFAO I forgot about that
Show
Join Now!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”