Theme Test Market and Co-Mod Recruitment

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #201 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I am looking for a co-mod who specializes in web page layout/design & image skills. Theme is still being decided on, but ideas are already developing. Likely going to be a Bastard/Complex level game, but that has yet to be determined. Still in early planning stages :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #203 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Thank you to all who were interested in co-modding with me and Xof. We have found our 3rd. More TBA on this craaaazaaay game.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #204 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Xalxe, Xof, and I have finally settled on the theme idea for the bastard/complex game that we are planning ^_^

It will be Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Actual survivor game name TBD. Planning stages have begun.

GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ROARS IN ULTRA HYLIAN HYPE*
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #206 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 205, Vijarada wrote:xalxe running a 9th bad game
So I know this was probably meant as a joke based on what I know of the history of this comment and I know it wasn't directly aimed at me, but as this is my first LSG I am modding, and you have no idea what is going into it/how much work we are putting into it, I would appreciate you not saying negative stuff about it unless you have constructive criticism rather than it being just a "bad game". I have never once said anything negative about your games and I believe the first post in this thread confirms and backs up what I am saying in regards to being polite when giving feedback. I'm already semi nervous about hosting a game on MS for the first time and would appreciate some support.

Still <3 you bud, but maybe taking that into consideration before making comments like that in places like this would be great.

Thanks for understanding.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #214 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 208, Vijarada wrote:
In post 206, Malkon05 wrote:
In post 205, Vijarada wrote:xalxe running a 9th bad game
So I know this was probably meant as a joke based on what I know of the history of this comment and I know it wasn't directly aimed at me, but as this is my first LSG I am modding, and you have no idea what is going into it/how much work we are putting into it, I would appreciate you not saying negative stuff about it unless you have constructive criticism rather than it being just a "bad game". I have never once said anything negative about your games and I believe the first post in this thread confirms and backs up what I am saying in regards to being polite when giving feedback. I'm already semi nervous about hosting a game on MS for the first time and would appreciate some support.

Still <3 you bud, but maybe taking that into consideration before making comments like that in places like this would be great.

Thanks for understanding.
no like, i'm sorry, it was obviously a stupid comment that i'd not make if i put effort into not making stupid comments. you know i'll either be watching or playing and wishing the three of you luck, another zelda game will be neat (for people who like it) and clearly i know nothing about it whatsoever whether it'll be bad or good.
I figured as much :) Knowing you and knowing it was likely a joke. I appreciate the apology and thank you for the support ^_^
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #215 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 212, CreativeMod1 wrote:Jumping in on the noob moderator hype!!!

Me, Shrek and Privatel are currently in the planning stages for a MCU based survivor game with lots of awesome fun stuff

This too will be my first moderated game so lots of hype on this whooooop xD
Congrats on planning your first moderated game!

Forgive me for the ignorance, but what is MCU?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #221 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 204, Malkon05 wrote:Xalxe, Xof, and I have finally settled on the theme idea for the bastard/complex game that we are planning ^_^

It will be Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Actual survivor game name TBD. Planning stages have begun.

GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ROARS IN ULTRA HYLIAN HYPE*

So sadly, it appears that Xof and I are once again in need of a mod who can do image/graphics work. Also it would be nice to have someone who is interested in helping come up with challenges. We have a good chunk of this game design figured out, but implementing it is something we could use more help with. A reminder that this is a BASTARD level game and we need someone who will be willing to run that type of game with us.

If anyone is interested in being our third, please contact us here or on discord <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #230 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I have cooked up a really unique idea for an LSG that functions similarly to Endurance, but with quite different mechanics. I don't believe this game has ever been run before and I think I've struck gold. I'm really excited about this idea, but I can't run it alone. I'm looking for two people with specific skillsets. I need someone who can help me with challenge design and someone who can help me with graphics. Obviously I would also want help for specific theme ideas and game thoughts, but at the minimum I know what my weaknesses are and where I would need help :)

If you have any interest, please reach out to me <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #231 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Malkon and CaptainMeme present:

A brand new MS Original LSG never run before that involves pairs and functions somewhere between Capture and Endurance. We are hopeful this will become a classic game that people will enjoy for socially interesting, strategically intriguing, and cooperative balancing dynamics.

We are also in the market for a 3rd comod. We don't necessarily need anyone for graphics or game design. But if you have a passion for helping build new games and working on challenge design, and will be active to help us with general assistance, feel free to apply :)

We are hoping to build interest and get hype! \o/ HYPE HYPE AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hybrid: Hunger Games has found a third mod in Pants. More info to come soon <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #241 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 240, Save The Dragons wrote:I am looking for comods for a game called Survivor of the Fittest, it will be an animal kingdom themed game. Plenty of room for design, looking for at least one partner to put in a lot of effort to help me get this over the finish line. The game wants to feature great challenge design and many low-impact twists, no great overhauls of the format. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Thank you
I'm a little in over my head at the moment with being on projects, but just out of curiosity, is this anon or non-anon?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #266 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Malkon05 »

After the smashing success of Hybrid Season 1, I've been rolling around in my head on how to improve and make Hybrid Season 2 even better. I have finally come up with some tweaks to make it an interesting and dynamic concept.

I have two theme ideas for Hybrid Season 2, but I'd like a team of mods in order to mull over these ideas. I do not expect to run the game this year. Please contact me via discord if you have any interest in helping me improve on Season 1 for what I think will be an interesting and dynamic Season 2. Preference will be given to those who are good at planning challenges and those who are good with graphics.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #268 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I have a fantastic idea for a Big Brother game. It's honestly a game of epic proportion and I REALLY need people who have a strong background in challenge design and also would be nice to get someone who knows imaging better than me because I truly suck at it.

It's gnarly though. It'll push the bounds of BB for sure.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #271 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 268, Malkon05 wrote:I have a fantastic idea for a Big Brother game. It's honestly a game of epic proportion and I REALLY need people who have a strong background in challenge design and also would be nice to get someone who knows imaging better than me because I truly suck at it.

It's gnarly though. It'll push the bounds of BB for sure.
Am still happily looking for cohosts with the above skillsets!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #280 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Aronis and I are now looking for co-mods!

We have designed the game, come up with the major twists, and have a good handle on the direction we want to take this game, but we are looking for someone who can help us. Bonus points if you have graphic or challenge design skills <3

DM us, discord preferred, if you have interest, my discord is Malkon#9019
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Sirius9121 is going to be part of Survivor: Village which we are currently planning as our third comod. It will be Resident Evil themed although the game itself will progress in the area of the most recent game, Resident Evil: Village.

Will update when we are ready to move into the queue <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #288 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I was digging around in my old google docs and randomly stumbled upon Notes that I had for a Whodunnit? game I ran like 7-8 years ago that was well received. I would need to figure out how to adapt it to a board setting, so anyone who is good at design of a game and has availability that isn't pacific time would be greatly appreciated if there's interest.

For those who don't know what Whodunnit? is, it's a murder mystery game. Basically the idea is that there's a killer amongst a group and round after round the killer offs everyone in very dramatic and unique ways, built into the scenarios I have so far. The Killer will play just like the rest of contestants and is eligible each round to have "Best Theory" or "Win A Challenge". They also are eligible to be "Up For Elimination".

For more information, the game as it ran on TV is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whodunnit ... TV_series). This has very "Mole esque" tendencies, the only difference is that the Killer can actually win the game, but it's hard. They also can but aren't required to sabotage the game at various points similar to how you'd bluff in survivor. In addition, like The Mole, The Killer will never be eliminated and will always be in the final 3 with the two finalists that survive up until that point.

Anyways if there is interest and you either have availability or design/implementation/graphics skills hit me up. Like I said I've got most of the format and the specific murder scenarios to pick from so that's like most of the work and if there's interest I'd be really excited to host this!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #301 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone.

Amazing Brother run by myself, flum and shadow is actually going really really well. We have the structure, the flavor, what we are doing mechanically with this. However, some stuff has come up in real life and we are losing steam. After consulting the other mods and our listmod, we have come to the conclusion that we are going to be breaking traditional MS mod meta and are looking to bring a 4th mod to the team.

What are we looking for? Someone enthusiastic, who has the time to put into writing up rules, refining ideas, and can help us get to the finish line. Ideally its also someone who can actively vet and contribute ideas if what we have needs tweaking.

If you think you are up for the task, please hit me up on discord, Malkon#9019 is my username. Thank you :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #302 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Malkon05 »

That was super fast! Kdowns has volunteered and will be joining Amazing Brother as our 4th mod :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #309 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Survivor Village will need a third mod. I have had at least one individual express interest though if anyone else is interested in this specifically that's okay as well and I want to give everyone the opportunity if they are interested in this theme or hosting. Reach out to me if you are interested.

Things we would need in a mod: someone willing to write a lot and help refine our ideas. Ideally someone with experience in modding as this is on the standard/complex levels, and able to be around for “daytime” questions when Aronis and I can’t be here in game. Someone with an eye for detail would be outstanding. Bonus: if you have graphic experience that would be swell.

When to apply? Idk a week? Let’s say a week from today.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #310 (isolation #20) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

We are ecstatic to add Ambic to the Survivor: Village team officially. We are looking forward to cranking out the last bit of this game and hopefully getting it ready for a reviewer in the near future :)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”