Theme Test Market and Co-Mod Recruitment

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

I am now seeking comods for Survivor: Three Houses. Design is 99.9% done, I'm really looking for folks to help me run it. Hit me up if interested. New mods welcome, I'm primarily looking for people I think I can work with well and who will not flake. Mod chat will be on Discord so please be someone who can be active there.

Edit: The team is assembled, thank you to all who expressed interest.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Snakes »

Mallowgeno and I are looking for a comod for a new Genius game that we're designing. We're looking for someone who will be active and can do graphics, and ideally isn't located in North America. Message me if you're interested.

Edit: Thanks to Cheery Dog for joining the mod team.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Gypyx »

looking for 1-2 experienced mods (non-europeans prefered) to help with the design / setup / basically everything of survivor : gotta go fast

only the major outlines are established so far, so it might be quite a lot of work too, not too sure
bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 277, Gypyx wrote:looking for 1-2 experienced mods (non-europeans prefered) to help with the design / setup / basically everything of survivor : gotta go fast

only the major outlines are established so far, so it might be quite a lot of work too, not too sure
Geogrebailey will be co-modding, but i'm still looking for someone experienced !
Last edited by Gypyx on Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bottom text
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

Looking for someone experienced to go look over stuff for a Survivor that I wrote down over like 3 days and have no clue what I'm doing. There's like *some* things established but also it's a outline sooooo
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Aronis and I are now looking for co-mods!

We have designed the game, come up with the major twists, and have a good handle on the direction we want to take this game, but we are looking for someone who can help us. Bonus points if you have graphic or challenge design skills <3

DM us, discord preferred, if you have interest, my discord is Malkon#9019
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Sirius9121 is going to be part of Survivor: Village which we are currently planning as our third comod. It will be Resident Evil themed although the game itself will progress in the area of the most recent game, Resident Evil: Village.

Will update when we are ready to move into the queue <3
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by kdowns »

I am looking for a couple of Co-Mods for a Game that Kloud and I had started designing.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Korina »

Hypothetical theme idea I've had in the back of my mind that I might try to run at some point:
The entire theme of the game is that it draws from *every* completed Survivor game on MS. All challenges, player names, spectator names, twists, etc., are taken directly from previous games of survivor.

The only major flaw I can see would be the fact that this is publicly known, and all the previous challenges/twists are public knowledge up to that point. It'd be just a lot of work to figure out which challenges and twists would be present, (especially when you consider there are twists from games like Pantheon.)
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 283, Korina wrote:Hypothetical theme idea I've had in the back of my mind that I might try to run at some point:
The entire theme of the game is that it draws from *every* completed Survivor game on MS. All challenges, player names, spectator names, twists, etc., are taken directly from previous games of survivor.

The only major flaw I can see would be the fact that this is publicly known, and all the previous challenges/twists are public knowledge up to that point. It'd be just a lot of work to figure out which challenges and twists would be present, (especially when you consider there are twists from games like Pantheon.)
We had Reverse the Curse which was kind of this. We all played as previous non-winning players and had idols which were items which had been misplayed.

This is a more extreme version though with challenges and twists also being taken
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Korina »

I'd be interested in running it, just need moderators who know what they're doing to help walk me through game design process.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Korina »

Survivor: Party Games

Challenges come from party games, obviously.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 283, Korina wrote:Hypothetical theme idea I've had in the back of my mind that I might try to run at some point:

Hi, Aronis and I are looking for a third co-mod to help with actually making this a possibility.
We both think we have most of the stuff covered, (in terms of graphic designing and forum creation), but really, any extra help for any of that, (or creating challenges based off of the challenges we decide to pull from previous games), would be appreciated. PM both of us if you want it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I was digging around in my old google docs and randomly stumbled upon Notes that I had for a Whodunnit? game I ran like 7-8 years ago that was well received. I would need to figure out how to adapt it to a board setting, so anyone who is good at design of a game and has availability that isn't pacific time would be greatly appreciated if there's interest.

For those who don't know what Whodunnit? is, it's a murder mystery game. Basically the idea is that there's a killer amongst a group and round after round the killer offs everyone in very dramatic and unique ways, built into the scenarios I have so far. The Killer will play just like the rest of contestants and is eligible each round to have "Best Theory" or "Win A Challenge". They also are eligible to be "Up For Elimination".

For more information, the game as it ran on TV is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whodunnit ... TV_series). This has very "Mole esque" tendencies, the only difference is that the Killer can actually win the game, but it's hard. They also can but aren't required to sabotage the game at various points similar to how you'd bluff in survivor. In addition, like The Mole, The Killer will never be eliminated and will always be in the final 3 with the two finalists that survive up until that point.

Anyways if there is interest and you either have availability or design/implementation/graphics skills hit me up. Like I said I've got most of the format and the specific murder scenarios to pick from so that's like most of the work and if there's interest I'd be really excited to host this!
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:36 am

Post by flow trap »

Hey, I want to get into hosting but would like experience first so if anyone wants a co-host; I'd be available
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by ambic »

I'm currently working on an initial design for a game, for maybe October 2022 or sometime in 2023. I've run a lot of games on the Grey Labyrinth in the past (Blitz Survivor, Mafia, The Worst, Nightless Mafia*), and have run both "Rata Mall (Oct 2020)" and "Kowhai Mall (Oct 2021)" on here. I've got a main co-mod at the moment, but will need another in future, and possibly some guest mods for specific things. Unlike the past where I had a job that was 'deadending' itself (painfully low amount of work to actually do), my new job may end up meaning I can't do it. But the design is underway.

*Invented Nightless mafia long before MS had it :D
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Awoo »

Survivor: Plants vs. Zombies
is now seeking co-mods!

I've got some of the design and challenges done, but I need help filling in the holes and sanity checking everything.

I'm looking for people good with structure/twists, and people good with making a game fun. Someone outside EST would be nice too.

Message Awoo#0107 on Discord or PM me on the forum.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Awoo »

Slots filled by Haschel and Korina!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, let's stop messing about.

I am officially seeking two co-moderators for
The Mole: Subtitle TBD
(not a meme I really don't have a subtitle yet)
. I have the shape of the game and 2/3rds of the tasks planned out, which will probably end up closer to 1/2 of the tasks after someone tells me all the tasks that are bad. I am hoping to run this non-anonymous game either this spring or this fall depending on the queue.

My ideal co-moderators are: fans of The Mole; good at challenge design, particularly for games where competition between groups/individuals is not necessarily the goal; willing and able to tell me that my idea is shit and I need to let it go several times. Graphical skills and/or forum creation abilities are nice but not required.

Interested parties should send me a PM letting me know their favorite Mole host and any other pertinent information.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Gypyx »

Survivor : The Gathering is looking for comods !
core concept is pretty hammered out, but i think a sanity check is more needed than usual due to the nature of it

Experienced mods would be really appreaciated, and the game is intended to be relatively complex, but with a few number of moving parts to counterbalance

designing will be normally done through a discord server

also yes i suck at graphic designing
Last edited by Gypyx on Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bottom text
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Ythan »

I like the subtle color pie.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Gypyx »

haha thanks
bottom text
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:08 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Looking for a comod for an Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra themed game. Would prefer someone familiar with the series who likes running advanced games and is not good at puzzles. Only have a few vague concepts I want to bring into the game so plenty of room to brainstorm and evolve it.
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Malkon and Xof have answered the call.
George Bailey
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Snakes »

Me and Cheery Dog are looking for a comod for The Genius: First Encounter.

The planning is mostly done, and we're now looking for someone who can help us run the game and be active. Someone who is familiar with the Genius would be ideal.

You can message me at Snakes#1000 on Discord or send me a PM.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”